March Chat

Options

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @learntolive: I finished my challenge and now have to choose my $100 gift cards. There are all sorts of choices, restaurants, department stores, spas, etc., but I already eat out, buy clothes when necessary, and take care of myself as needed, but...I love a getaway so I'm going to take a $100 gift card for bedandbreakfast.com. I have an overnighter scheduled for next week with a bedandbreakfast.com gift card that I got for Christmas, so this one will give me a getaway later in the year! Have fun with your challenge and your walk with your friend. Next challenge won't start until August or September.

I walk most lunchtimes with a walking group at work that was started last summer. I didn't join then as I prefer to walk by myself outside in nice weather, but there are only 2 people who stuck with it and they walk the halls of the Courthouse in bad weather, so I have been joining them at lunch during the winter season.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I walked with a friend today....an hour and a half walking by the canal...it drizzled most of the time but we hardly noticed due to exercising our vocal chords..... B)

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There are lots of busy people here, including me. I haven't checked in for several days because of dinners with family and friends. Monday I decided it was time to stop playing around with excuses for not being able to lose these few extra pounds and start from scratch. I went back almost 3 years on MFP to see what I was eating when I was losing weight and know what changes I need to make and I am now trying to be more disciplined in what I eat and how much I eat. It might take awhile to get some good habits back again, but I can do it. :smile:
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    jeanmrob wrote: »
    we hardly noticed due to exercising our vocal chords..... B)

Jean

That is so funny, Jean!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Gramanana, sounds like a great plan to me. What worked in the past will probably work again for you. Go for it, you have so little left to lose, just go for it! Glad you are back and determined to reach your goal.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @gramanana: Never hurts to go back to the basics, especially when we were extra-motivated starting out! Great plan.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You can do it Gramanana ....... back to basics worked for me when I was stuck last year.......go for it!

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies. I have been under my 1200 calories all week, added some healthier items to my menu, and feel full at the end of the day. We'll know Monday morning if there is any progress.
  • jkjperez
    jkjperez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So far, so good, I've lost a little over 10 pounds this last month. Sure hope I can do it again in april
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good morning or day to each of you! B) We received a good rain Thursday - YEA!! Really needed that before we start planting corn.

I hope to walk today - my day is my own so there should not be an excuse! DH is taking his '57 to Missouri to have it worked on. I - we really want to get this car finished!!

I hope each of you have a great Saturday and Sunday!

• retirehappy
    Options
    So I decided to check out the body fat calculators.
    Used three of them, one is a generic one, one is used by the military, and the other is Covert Bailey's. I could not believe the differences, totally insane.

The military formula near made me almost cry and faint :'( . If that is my body fat % I give up!

The Covert Bailey one, made me laugh and laugh :p , I can see in the mirror how far off that one is, if I ever get that low a BF % I will invite all of you to my house for a party to celebrate it!

The other was close to MFPal's only a couple points lower. So I divided all of them and came up with what I "think" I see in the mirror.

An interesting exercise, but I think I will stick to getting into my smaller clothes and within my healthy weight range as my goals.

If anyone else wants to give it go check it out:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Here is an interesting read about BF% and how hard it is to really gage it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/830595
  • sharondtd
    Options
    That's interesting, @retirehappy. After checking mine using the Navy's guide and the YMCA guide, I felt it was an interesting exercise--twisting around measuring. Apparently the only accurate way is the one where they float you without a boat. Is that correct?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    pretty much and even that method they "estimate" bone weight etc.

I'll just stick with MFP's estimate, since it makes me only over weight not obese anymore B) and keep working on getting back in that pair of size 6 jeans I still have in my closet from my last "Last time to lose it" phase. As a menopausal woman, I was soooo proud to wear those, LOL.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    WTG to be just over weight and not obese!!
    I so look forward to not having to think that I am that ugly word LOL
  • retirehappy
    Options
    It has rained and snowed off and on all day here. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I have some extra steps banked for a light steps day. I did do over 5,000 so far today thanks to dvd work, I will probably get my 10K, but the extra 2K that I added this month for the challenge will need to be borrowed from the "bank" I am thinking currently. Doesn't help that the fitbit server is having maintenance done on it and can't synch properly this afternoon.

I give myself Wednesdays off from the rec classes, I don't want to be doing more than 4 days a week of aerobic/strength training. I do have some muscles that are complaining about my new lifestyle, but I so far have avoided getting any injuries. I want to keep it that way. Saturday and Sundays I try to do longer walks, so Wednesday is my only "rest day." So far so good.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Between fitbit and MFP server issues, I am having a hard time tracking today. Finally got my steps registered in both but MFP food data base has gone brain dead, it can't find things from earlier today much less any other day.

Anyone else feel frustrated by all this?
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning!
    I haven't checked in for awhile--nothing much to report. ahem.
    But. Today I can tell you that I'm FINALLY down 10 lbs since January.

Now. I only have to do this about five more times. Maybe six.
    hahahaha!

I did actually lose about 30 lbs--during this time, but unfortunately, it was the same 3 lbs--10 times...

Geez. B) Enjoy the day!

daffydew_zpsfixpgnsx.jpg
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Kudos, Cris - your perseverance has paid off! ~ Kathy
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! This is a long "chat" and I can see that I have a lot of catching up to do. ;)

For the past several weeks, I've only been able to do MFP on my phone. We were having software training at work and it's been very time consuming. Instead of doing the training all at once, they scheduled it for part of each day. Unfortunately, that meant it was harder to keep up with regular stuff while being away every day. The software is up and running now and much easier than the old one, but I'm glad "training" is over!

I've been doing good with my diet and exercise. After reaching my goal, I was able to go a couple of pounds lower so that takes the pressure off. And, as long a I stay within my normal calorie range and keep getting my walking in every day, I'm doing fine. :D I have to say that I love my Fitbit for keeping track of my exercise. It keeps me honest and on track.

I may have more comments once I can read thru the posts here, but I hope everyone is doing okay. It's good to be back!

Rose
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Between fitbit and MFP server issues, I am having a hard time tracking today. Finally got my steps registered in both but MFP food data base has gone brain dead, it can't find things from earlier today much less any other day.

Anyone else feel frustrated by all this?

Ayup, it got frustrating. I logged 50 fewer calories than was true because I just wanted a ballpark before needing to eat the bedtime snack to take pills. It was mysterious that things we log all the time also went walkabout.