Another low carb thread assault ....smh...

Options
124»

Replies

• LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just hate how they all see LCHF as only a fad or extremely unhealthy. Media has ruined the general publics opinion about low carbing and misinformed them into thinking it will give us all heart disease and cancer. -_-

They just wont even listen to us. Everything LCHF people say is utterly disregarded.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Alright, darn you all. I had to read the Cutting Carbs thread, and the demons took control of my hands. lol!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Y'all have seriously worn me out just thinking of all the stupidity, bullying, and rudeness over there. I avoid the forums like the plague unless someone posts something really interesting about something. I usually get annoy a page or two in and say forget this... I'll definitely have to use the report function if I actually hit up the forums and encounter crap like this.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    LunaKate wrote: »
    I just hate how they all see LCHF as only a fad or extremely unhealthy. Media has ruined the general publics opinion about low carbing and misinformed them into thinking it will give us all heart disease and cancer. -_-

They just wont even listen to us. Everything LCHF people say is utterly disregarded.

This isn't about media - keep watching, you'll see the same names show up each time. It's about defending their religion.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    BTW, what ultimately came out of my mod-gument this week was the instruction to go forth and report them every time they hijack a thread like that. So, in this case, the bridge comment AND the placebo should be hit for thread-jacking or trolling. That means using the real report function under flag, not just tagging it spam or abuse.

Part of the reason I think they've been getting away with it so long is everyone just quits the site or quits the forums instead of flagging down the mods when they pull this crap. Report it on page one, it might not get to page 6. I asked why "my fan" had been allowed to follow and harass people besides me for weeks, and the answer I got was they were reviewing post history and agree rules were being broken. Apparently, that's the first time the mods bothered reading any of his posts.

Historically, the issue has been that the worst offenders knew how to skate the line of violating the community policies, while still harassing people. In the old system, at least, there wasn't really a way to flag an entire user and say "hey, while this guy's individual posts, when taken in isolation, seem innocuous, he has a tendency to stalk people and sour the entire culture." Instead, you'd get a single post in isolation, and they'd deem it "not outside MFP's policies." It took a campaign against one of the worst offenders to get him nearly banned from the forums, but then they changed platforms and apparently reset everyone. :frowning:
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think they actually removed the post that likened asking about eating low carb to asking about jumping off a bridge. I will definitely start using the Report button in the future.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    The Moderator had to step in with a reminder to act like a grown up or move on...wow...

BTW I love all you guys!! I loved the solidarity!!