Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• kylaaimee
    kylaaimee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    First check in ever, in New Zealand, medication caused me to gain, thought I should become an active member to increase my motivation because I'm just yo-yo'ing at a jolly 105 kgs. Want to drop 20+ so I can feel healthy again and get in control of my breathing!!
  • RingosTreehouse
    RingosTreehouse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. It's my first check in and first post here. I'm on track with my food today, but unfortunately can't do much movement, as I had dental work a couple of days ago and was told to be sedentary for several days. I'm about 30 pounds down from this go round, 40 pounds down from my highest weight, and I'd like to lose about another 35 to 45 pounds. I don't know my optimal weight, so I plan to adjust accordingly when I get there.

My food plan is basically lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, with small amounts of meat once or twice a week, and it's working. Usually I run in place on a rebounder (mini-trampoline) for 30 to 60 minutes a day. I'd like to start lifting, too, so I don't lose muscle mass while I'm losing fat.

I'm a 61-year-old gay man, but I like everyone, regardless of gender, age, orientation, location, color, whatever, so if anyone is looking for more friends, I could use some too, so please add me.

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Checking in to make you all laugh.
    First of all - I hope you guys had an AMAZING halloween.

Mine was quite fun..until things got real. I went out on the 31st with friends had a really good night out drinking and dancing and eating so many chocolates and sweets I was sick by the end of the night.

Comes the 31st, I went back on the healthy streak - bought a delicious soup from Iceland but got a bit peckish later. I thought "I know, I'll be on theme with halloween and make butternut squash soup! yum!"

...as I was cutting said butternut, I sliced it in half and felt a sharp pain. Once I looked at my hand, I had sliced that too...and it was bleeding. So - I ended up being a bit TOO on theme and almost carving myself up as a pumpkin lol

I was terrified, ran to the hospital and stayed there for hours until I finally got stiches and a tetanus shot (ouch, OUCH)...but kinda feeling like a Tim Burton character now with a stiched hand. I'm travelling to Paris this week (BIG DREAM COMING TRUE) and I'm just laughing at myself at the prospect of eating macaroons like a mummy..

Watch out for Jamie Oliver knives guys...they ARE really sharp. lol
  • redrose129
    redrose129 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OMG!! first, I'm surprised and happy to see someone posting on here! wow! and second....I guess when you go all out, you REALLY go all out!! a finger in your soup was a great theme ;p. I'm glad you're ok.

I didn't do anything for Halloween except relax. I don't celebrate holidays because I refused to be sucked in by the machine, spending unnecessary money, dealing with unnecessary stress, for one day...I have much better, more productive, things to do. But I think it's cool for those who goose to celebrate and have a great time!

#thumbs up
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A fair amount if time has passed since I was regularly on MFP. It's been a busy year with lots of changes and lots of success (especially on the work front) but it's time for me to refocus on my health and fitness. Using MFP and especially staying in touch with people in this group has always helped me to do that so here I am again :)

After running my third half marathon back in May, my exercise routine fell by the way side and aside from a few false starts over the last 7 months I've just got back to it again tonight. I went to the pool and had a splendid swim, may there be many more in the coming weeks!

How is everyone out there doing? What have you been up to? How are you going with your goals exercise or otherwise?
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    electriq wrote: »
    A fair amount if time has passed since I was regularly on MFP. It's been a busy year with lots of changes and lots of success (especially on the work front) but it's time for me to refocus on my health and fitness. Using MFP and especially staying in touch with people in this group has always helped me to do that so here I am again :)

After running my third half marathon back in May, my exercise routine fell by the way side and aside from a few false starts over the last 7 months I've just got back to it again tonight. I went to the pool and had a splendid swim, may there be many more in the coming weeks!

How is everyone out there doing? What have you been up to? How are you going with your goals exercise or otherwise?

Still here but kinda tired of logging and the constant watch so I'm tempted to going all into my slimming world days and just focus on a diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables exercise and a healthier living. Made cauliflower pizza yesterday. I'd love to bulk at the gym but the constant struggle to modify my body is also wearing me down. Been going gym for a few years now and my frame hasn't really changed that much.

A friend who is a trainer says I don't eat enough but then I worry about eating too much not exercising enough or... You know, something not matching up to the equation.

Ugh! The whole thing easily becomes such a pressure. But hey welcome back!
  • DanBGVa
    DanBGVa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for some time, left and came back.. Finally seem to have a sense of what this is about. I am in a local program where I live, which helps, it leans on MFP heavily so it's been a great tool. It feels nice having some success finally. really glad to see people posting here, Happy Holiday to all.
  • robbie_1982
    robbie_1982 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I'm one of those people who leave and come back to MFP. I don't think I'll ever learn.

I always plan to do something when New Year comes round in regards to my fitness and I have been to the gym and prepared some lunches for the week ahead.

Sadly, 2015 ended on a low when my father passed away unexpectedly and his funeral was on the 30th. I was okay until I saw his coffin and then spoke to my Doctor about my health. The doctor was very helpful and kind and said that I don't smoke (three years now), and I do exercise and endeavour to eat well then there are no red flags about my health. However, I am going to have my cholesterol checked to make sure there are no underlying health concerns.

So, this year I am also going to spend more time seeing my Mum who lives 50 miles away. We used to see them both regularly, but with this new world we are in I will be spending more time with her.

I honestly hope everyone's 2016 is fantastic and goes well. If the unexpected occur, there are a lot of people that can help you.

Robbie X
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Been trying to decide the best way to get some support and accountability as I head into the new year. Got off to a good start before the holidays but then no only over indulged but took a nasty fall that has had me sitting too much with my leg up. Doctor has ok'd walking so long as I tolerate it,ok now so the dog and I got in a short walk today. Trying to work up to 10,000 steps made 3k today before it hurt too much. Sigh such slow going but it's a start.
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi, folks! Good to see everyone! My new year is starting well. Enough about me, how ARE you guys?
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Ugh what a day. Made my calorie goal but that was it. Emotionally drained and exhausted after spending almost all day at the hospital with a friend. But tomorrow is a new day.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Met a friend yesterday for lunch and spent all day today sitting in bed doing homework to catch from the last few days. Tomorrow is coffee with pastor, a walk a and more homework. But at least I am still hitting my calorie goals.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Today was rough, made rougher by realizing I am posting in a dead forum.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's the end of the Christmas and New Year period. People are just starting to get back into the swing of things.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Checking in from work, 18 days into the new year and im pretty proud of my NSVs so far :)
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Time to get serious again. I had gotten down to 187 pounds from 230. But.....got complacent.....big time. Yesterday I weighed in at 207.
  • KeoniD
    KeoniD Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have not done my normal 30 minutes on the elliptical in the last 2 days. I came down with a cold on Tuesday and I'm on the mend now, I just couldn't. I've heard some people say that you should work out despite a cold - but I just thought that would be kind of jerky of me to take my germ-laden self into the gym.
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm on a streak with logging food for 45 days already, so I feel good. It's all going well but I hope I won't do too much during the holidays.
  • 3p0l0v3sU
    3p0l0v3sU Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    it's weird to see all of these conversations im not a part of dating months back...I feel like some kind of eavesdropper, or a voyeur...pleased to meet yall. I walked 3.25 miles total today! thank you walk-a-matic!
  • DomieCarrasco
    DomieCarrasco Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to this thread! I just found it. Not new to the app though. But hiiiiiii