NSV's

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new bras.

I'm a breast cancer survivor, so I've always purchased my bras through a local medical supply company. And they're ugly. They're what we used to call "lunch lady bras" - 4 rows of hooks and enough fabric to make a tent (even though I'm not really that big!)

I went to Target and found some very <3 pretty bras in my new smaller size. I haven't bought off the rack since 2010!

<3<3<3 I know you must have really enjoyed that shopping trip. I just had some smaller ones in my storage chest, so new ones, but they seem new, haven't worn them in almost 10 years.

Love the lunch lady bra comment, too.
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've not really thought yet about how I'm going to approach replacing my wardrobe... I've got a few nice pieces - jackets and suchlike - that I've kept in the hope of being able to wear again which I could easily wear now, but all the clothes I've been wearing for the last few years are starting to bury me... My trousers would easily qualify for one of those cheesy pictures with the thinner person stretching out the waistband to show how much space there is! With a decent belt they look OK, but I think men can get away with that more than women as the fat is naturally distributed differently, and even though I was 70lb overweight I didn't really carry it anywhere apart from my abdomen and chest (my man-boobs are looking SO much better!). Still, even if I wait until the summer to splurge on clothes I do get a buzz from putting something on, looking in the mirror and thinking 'this doesn't fit anymore!' so I might just carry on enjoying that feeling for a little while at least!

Bruh....I can't wait to get RID of my man boobs! Inspiration!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    MissMorts wrote: »
    Sorry if it's TMI, but my DH broke out last night with "Nooooooooo! They're getting smaller!" He might not like it but I'm relieved!

:D LMAO
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    On Sat., I bought a new pair of jeans. I figured I would have more and more difficulty finding jeans in my size as I lose the rest of my weight. I'm short, so there has always been a challenge. I can fit 30" long jeans, which are a bit long, but not so bad that I'm walking on them. For my entire adult life, I've had trouble finding pants because I'm so short. Apparently, most short men must be very heavy because I often find 30" long with 40"-50" waist sizes... even at my heaviest, I was never that big around. So it was always difficult, but it is starting to get close to impossible.

While I was at Target on Sat., I noticed there were some pair on the shelf size 30x30. I know my 32's (waist) are too big, and I figure I'll end somewhere around 28 by the time I'm done losing. Tried on the 30x30 and the waist and length are both right. I bought them despite that there is still one area that is really tight - legs.

It used to be that I couldn't find jeans because I wasn't fat enough. Now, even when I find jeans that fit for waist and length, my leg muscles are so big that the legs are tight. I just hope these stretch so they are more comfortable. I'm going to call this an NSV despite that it is creating more trouble for me.

Welcome to the world I have always lived in, pants too long because I am short, and I have big b**bs, so shirts that fit elsewhere gape open across my chest, I have narrow shoulders and my rib cage area is smallish. If I buy something that fits the b**bs, I look like I am drowning in all that extra material.

At least as you continue to lose weight the legs will fit better. Besides, tight jean legs are stylish with the hipster set these days. You have a wonderful problem to deal with now.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    On Sat., I bought a new pair of jeans. I figured I would have more and more difficulty finding jeans in my size as I lose the rest of my weight. I'm short, so there has always been a challenge. I can fit 30" long jeans, which are a bit long, but not so bad that I'm walking on them. For my entire adult life, I've had trouble finding pants because I'm so short. Apparently, most short men must be very heavy because I often find 30" long with 40"-50" waist sizes... even at my heaviest, I was never that big around. So it was always difficult, but it is starting to get close to impossible.

While I was at Target on Sat., I noticed there were some pair on the shelf size 30x30. I know my 32's (waist) are too big, and I figure I'll end somewhere around 28 by the time I'm done losing. Tried on the 30x30 and the waist and length are both right. I bought them despite that there is still one area that is really tight - legs.

It used to be that I couldn't find jeans because I wasn't fat enough. Now, even when I find jeans that fit for waist and length, my leg muscles are so big that the legs are tight. I just hope these stretch so they are more comfortable. I'm going to call this an NSV despite that it is creating more trouble for me.

Welcome to the world I have always lived in, pants too long because I am short, and I have big b**bs, so shirts that fit elsewhere gape open across my chest, I have narrow shoulders and my rib cage area is smallish. If I buy something that fits the b**bs, I look like I am drowning in all that extra material.

At least as you continue to lose weight the legs will fit better. Besides, tight jean legs are stylish with the hipster set these days. You have a wonderful problem to deal with now.

No, I don't think the legs will actually fit better as I continue to lose. I don't have a whole lot of fat on my legs, they are just incredibly muscular. I have about 5-7 lbs. of fat left to lose in order to reach my goal of 10% BF (estimated at this point - more accurate data next month when I do a Dexa). It looks like all of that fat is in my belly, so I could potentially end up with around 28" waist when I finally reach my fat goal. However, most of my activity is legs - running, trail running, hiking, back-packing - and my legs are apparently too muscular in proportion to my waist already. I expect that disproportion to become bigger, not smaller.