Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus, and Cadbury caramel egg.
    Day 5: B&J salted caramel core.
    Day 6: Butterfinger and blue bell krazy kookie dough.
    Day 7: peanut butter chip cookie and 2 Italian margaritas (not yet consumed, but they will happen...)
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Day 1: Dreyer's salted caramel pretzel frozen custard
    Day 2: Breyer's strawberry truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 3: Coffee and donut cupcake
    Day 4: Starburst jelly beans and Dreyer's peanut butter cup
    Day 5: Talenti raspberry cheesecake
    Day 6: Stevie's southern banana pudding
    Day 7: Talenti sea salt caramel
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Day 7: Rita's Water Ice: Starburst Orange

Got my free water ice today. In the snow. I'm freezing... but I was determined. lol. Plus, I promised my daughter we'd go after school and get some.
    20150320_154730.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. a tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
    2- tube of thin mints,serving of tonight dough,serving of salted peanut caramel.
    3-more thin mints.a lot more.
    4- half pint of Kroger caramel crunch with baby ruth.
    5-thin mints and chocolate chip cookie dough
    6- talenti chocolate chip cookie dough with added cookie dough.
    7-Most of a tube of thin mints. Some cookie dough.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake

1657642c-77a3-48bf-86d9-b4bb50509309_zpsbtjeztrx.jpg

This one is really really good. At first I thought it didn't have enough mix-ins but the mix-ins are really spicy so I actually think it's probably fine that there aren't as many. It tastes a lot like ginger and a little like cinnamon. I probably won't get it again just because it's hard for me to work in 310 calories per serving these days, but I still really really enjoyed it.

Cadbury egg cupakes tasted MUCH better this time. I used my own cake recipe and went with the vanilla cake and chocolate buttercream. However, the egg still sank even with putting it as close to the surface as I could. The only thing I can think to try is putting it in part way through baking but I'm pretty sure that'll make the cake fall. So idk. But at any rate they were delicious.

76b02a1f-9264-41e5-9f4e-494007f6e8a2_zpsfqxpv5qj.jpg

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I love your cupcakes.

Had some calories left after dinner so I had one of these

bonnemaman01001.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Day 1: apple pie/Caramel Apple Pie Talenti
    Day 2: Ghirardelli 72% Cacao squares
    Day 3: Breyer's Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
    Day 4: cinnamon and sugar popcorn/Edy's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch/Hershey's syrup
    Day 5: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
    Day 6: Skinny Cow Mint Cone with Ganache
    Day 7: Edwards New York Cheesecake Single that I'll probably doll up in some way (mini chocolate chips/strawberry preserves if we have them)
  • Francl27
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Day 7: Edwards New York Cheesecake Single that I'll probably doll up in some way (mini chocolate chips/strawberry preserves if we have them)

How are they? I've seen them and been tempted but I'm worried it's not going to be worth the calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

This one is really really good. At first I thought it didn't have enough mix-ins but the mix-ins are really spicy so I actually think it's probably fine that there aren't as many. It tastes a lot like ginger and a little like cinnamon. I probably won't get it again just because it's hard for me to work in 310 calories per serving these days, but I still really really enjoyed it.

Cadbury egg cupakes tasted MUCH better this time. I used my own cake recipe and went with the vanilla cake and chocolate buttercream. However, the egg still sank even with putting it as close to the surface as I could. The only thing I can think to try is putting it in part way through baking but I'm pretty sure that'll make the cake fall. So idk. But at any rate they were delicious.

I saw a how to video for one of those cakes with rainbow shapes inside, and she poured a little but in the pan, baked for 10 minutes then placed the inside and poured the rest of the batter. You could try something similar while adjusting the time. They might get a weird texture or break in half easily. At least they'd still be tasty experiments.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

How are they? I've seen them and been tempted but I'm worried it's not going to be worth the calories.

Not too bad. I opted for them over the whole one because this is 290 for a slice and 1/5 of the whole is 400+. I prefer Sara Lee, but I was in a hurry and just grabbed them before looking at others.

Their Hershey's pie is amazing, though. I used to get them occasionally at Burger King.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    auddii wrote: »

I saw a how to video for one of those cakes with rainbow shapes inside, and she poured a little but in the pan, baked for 10 minutes then placed the inside and poured the rest of the batter. You could try something similar while adjusting the time. They might get a weird texture or break in half easily. At least they'd still be tasty experiments.

Huh. Maybe I'll try that. I mean they taste good regardless, they just aren't very pretty atm.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream. Liked it more the second time around. Big chunks o ' chocolate.

There will be more sweets later, I'm sure. And this particular sweet is the one I am looking forward to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

Seeing 2Cellos perform tonight!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Ghirardelli Dark Cherry Tango & Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts
    Day 2: 1.5 servings of Mini Butterfinger Cups & made a Caramel Rice cake sandwich with Maranatha Creamy Raw Maple Butter
    Day 3: Chocolate covered bing cherry & tortilla microwaved with cookie butter
    Day 4: Rest of the Bing Chocolate Cherries
    Day 5: The rest of the Nestle Butterfinger Cup Minis *edited to add* two Russell Stover Cookie Dough Eggs & one Cadbury Creme Mini Egg.
    Day 6: Arby's Andes Shake *drools*, Russell Stover Birthday Cake flavored egg, & Russell Stover big Pecan egg.
    Day 7: Target White Chocolate Mini Bark & a tortilla with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter inside.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Day 1: Chocolate Peanut butter pie, french toast cupcake, Chocopologie burnt caramel & hawaiian sea salt chocolate square, Cup of Joe Macaron
    Day 2: Orange creamsicle macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake, and more of the Chocopologie which is very good but not worth the price.
    Day 3: Smores macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake
    Day 4: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake & Shamrock shake
    Day 5: 2 servings Talenti Coffee Toffee, Strawberry milkshake
    Day 6: Coffee Toffee milkshake
    Day 7: 1 serving Talenti Coffee Toffee - this is one of my favorites in the new flavors it almost made up for the disappointment in a few of the others.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2015
    Day 1 - Talenti caramel apple pie, Lindt chocolates (hazelnut torte and molten lava cake) and a Suchard rocher
    Day 2 - Graze seeds and fruit flapjack, pumpkin pie
    Day 3 - chocolate chip cannoli French toast, madeleine, strawberry shortcake, Lindt hazelnut torte
    Day 4 - Talenti chocolate chip cookie dough, Lindt hazelnut torte, chili and honey almond
    Day 5 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 6 - butterscoth creme brulee with ice cream, Lindt sea salt caramel truffle, chocolate fudge pop tarts with Talenti frudge brownie
    Day 7 - Talenti raspberry cheesecake, Lindt molten lava cake

Day 8 - chocolate almond croissant (I used Pillsbury dough, too lazy, was still good though!). Had the ham and cheese one too.

5hybgui7qc5p.jpg

I also dug in the Talenti peanut sea salt caramel and yeah, it's delicious. Glad I listened to you all.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Day 1: Triple Berry Pie a la mode
    Day 2: Triple Berry Pie
    Day 3: German chocolate cake
    Day 4: Guinness (and I may have sneaked the last 1/2 piece of pie..shhh)
    Day 5: 1 serving (my last one - gonna have to stock up) of choc peanut butter cup Talenti
    Day 6: 2 Peanut Butter Patty Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 7: Was in a chocolate mood, so I got some of the 'store brand' Double Chocolate gelato. VERY good for a store brand. Super creamy & chocolatey

chocgelato_zpskhi131md.jpg
  • Francl27
    Interesting. I never dare trying ice cream store brands.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Day 1 - Talenti caramel apple pie, Lindt chocolates (hazelnut torte and molten lava cake) and a Suchard rocher
    Day 2 - Graze seeds and fruit flapjack, pumpkin pie
    Day 3 - chocolate chip cannoli French toast, madeleine, strawberry shortcake, Lindt hazelnut torte
    Day 4 - Talenti chocolate chip cookie dough, Lindt hazelnut torte, chili and honey almond
    Day 5 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 6 - butterscoth creme brulee with ice cream, Lindt sea salt caramel truffle, chocolate fudge pop tarts with Talenti frudge brownie
    Day 7 - Talenti raspberry cheesecake, Lindt molten lava cake

Day 8 - chocolate almond croissant (I used Pillsbury dough, too lazy, was still good though!). Had the ham and cheese one too.

5hybgui7qc5p.jpg

I also dug in the Talenti peanut sea salt caramel and yeah, it's delicious. Glad I listened to you all.

That's my daughter's favorite breakfast except with sausage and cheese. Well other than the cinnamon rolls.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Interesting. I never dare trying ice cream store brands.

Hy Vee (midwest chain) has some pretty good store branded stuff...I buy quite a bit of it.

Their store brand greek yogurt is comparable to Fage (IMO) - I like it 100x better than Chobani

Truth be told, the real reason I chose it was they had a fuel saver on it this week (when you buy certain items you get a cents off per gallon credit on gas)...I went in intending to get the sea salt caramel Talenti. I'll just get that next time!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    1. Pecan pie
    2. candy fruit slice, a marshmallow and Talenti - Hazelnut chocolate chip cookie
    3. Talenti hazelnut chocolate chip ice cream with a Cadbury creme egg
    4. Homemade Grasshopper milkshake
    5. Cadbury Creme Egg + Candy fruit slices
    6. honey roasted peanuts + chocolate chips (will do better tom)
    7. FRUeT3V.jpg