Daily check in

Options

Replies

• jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @kathymford, sorry, I see you already have the program. I'm a little slow after a long workday, haha. Anyway - if you would like to switch your coach to me, I can message you the instructions on how to do that, just let me know. If you originally ordered the 21DF from Beachbody, they would have randomly assigned you a coach so you do have one (who has never contacted you).
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It's official ...first round results (meal plan only except for last 2 days)....1.8 lbs lost in weight and 2 inches from the waist...I am stoked!!!
    D1/R2 Total body cardio fix done*hew* worst part...I'm still sore from the stupid surrenders from 2 days ago can't wait to see what my thighs/butt/legs feel like tomorrow *sigh*.
    Best part- I did it ( with modifiers :) !!!
    @dkwi04 don't beat yourself up about it. You did get those extra workouts in as you said and that's already something ;)
    Welcome @TheFo1dOut and welcome back @TnVeggie ..this is definitely it'll a great group to "type" with.
    @venuila your calorie burns are impressive!!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I absolutely love your posts and I have been meaning to ask you about the IF but you beat me to it! thanks!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @venuila The truth is, I plan ahead because I do have things I'm itching to try. My daughter gave me Slim in 6 for Mother's Day and I knew it would be perfect to start that when I finished PiYo because I could finish it while on vacation. (I'll probably skip a few days, though, because I fully plan on taking advantage of where I'll be on my vacation and doing some yoga and hiking.) But I also have Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and I'm chomping at the bit to give that a try. As if that weren't bad enough, I am looking at T25 and I want to jump on that too. And you can see how well I did with putting off doing 21 Day Fix Extreme. Started that today even though I swore I didn't want to push myself between ow and when I get home from my vacation. I mean, honestly! If I didn't plan I could easily see myself starting one thing and getting distracted and wanting to try something else and then something else and so on and so on.

And you know, I've never ever managed to get past the phase 1 level of any of Jillian Michaels' workouts. I have 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 but never lasted long enough. I would get into week 2 and be growing bored and then try to go to phase 2 in week 3 and not be strong enough or ready. So back to phase 1 and more boredom. I'm hoping that Body Revolution will be better for me because 1) I feel stronger and 2) I feel like the program itself is broader with more variety so I'm less likely to get bored.

@TheFo1dOut I hope this is the plan that is the tipping point for you as well. I can honestly say it has been for me. I don't know how many people in this group realize how long I've been trying to lose weight but I've been at this for quite a while now (nearly 9 years) and for the longest time I was hovering around the same excess of weight, gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for YEARS. Then I gained more weight . . . and more weight. I could lose the weight. Sometimes I could even get back to that same "hovering" weight but I never could drop below it. I am barely below it now but I am below it and, what's better still, is that I am smaller, visibly more slender, because I've lost inches as well as pounds! And I have to modify everything! Especially at first. I will never be able to do Surrenders (bad balance and bad knees) and I am not supposed to do any jumping or hopping so even Burpees are not allowed. You can have success even with the modified version for all of the exercises. I'm proof positive of that!

@TnVeggie My husband and I took a diabetes class together. It made a huge difference for us. Of course, everyone else in the room hated him because he had to gain weight while most of them were trying to lose weight. So the teacher held up a single serving size of oatmeal and everyone was shocked by how small it was and then she would say, "Rob, you'll need to have 2 of these in the morning." By the third or fourth time, I'm surprised the people in the room didn't want to tar and feather him!

@germany03 I'm excited for you. You're going to love the workouts. They aren't easy but they are effective!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks @germany03 . They're only that high because it's insanity though. They aren't nearly as high when I do 21 df workouts.

@SatiaRenee I hear ya about JM. I got to the middle of level two once but never finished the whole thing. I find it boring too. I want to try Cize when it comes out too! I really need to sit down and prioritize which ones I want to do the most and in what order. You're inspiring me to plan it out! Tehe.:)

I sent u a msg @jpkrueger :)

Currently getting in some extra calories burned on the bike at the moment. Then going to relax and do some crocheting before bed. Have a good night ladies and gents!

• haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love reading about everyone's journey. I am on second week and I can't believe how far I've come since day one. I was modifying all the exercises and now I am only modifying 1/2 to 3/4. Autumn means it when she says you only get stronger. I feel it. Have a great day!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    21DFX Round 1 Day #9

Got my plyo fix in yesterday, phew! I was so hungry yesterday, that must be a result of the crap I ate this weekend. So I did eat over my containers BUT I made healthy good choices for that. I also played ball with my son at the field while watching my daughters game. It turned into doing hill sprints and races too! So that is added exercise :) My husband showed up and gave me a nice compliment too - Saying how good I looked - jokingly...like Hey who is that cute looking girl running around. Means more to me then he knows.

The scale went down a little - which actually puts me at a 1 pound loss this round. Although I am still up 1.6 from my weigh in Saturday am. I'm just trying to stay focused and drink my water and move a little more.

Upper fix and 10 minute hardcore tonight! I am excited for that.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Oops, I Did It Again

My husband often says that I should not try to stop myself from falling because that's how I end up hurting myself. My calves are still aching from stumbling around the Renaissance Festival. And yesterday I noticed an ache in my lower back (erector spinae) on the left side.

But if I've learned nothing else while doing 21 Day Fix, I know one thing and that's movement helps the muscles feel less painful. Everything in me wanted to not do anything at all today, especially because it was Upper Body Fix . . . EXTREME. Ugh.

Morning Workout

21DFX: W1/D2: Upper Body Fix Extreme
    Used 5/7.5lbs. Shoulder presses were unbelievable. Triceps dips brutal. Thank goodness there wasn't a bonus round. I don't know what I would have done. Missed reps on push-ups and those damn tips but I finished the workout.

Then I debated if I had it in me to do more. I guess I did have a bit more to give because . . .

Slim in 6: 6-Pack & Limber
    I did the side planks on my knee (because of my back) and there were times when doing the crunches was painful and then stretching things out was inviting more pain but I breathed into it and through it. I'll take an anti-inflammatory because I can and probably need to after what I just did.

@haleymiller0707 I am the poster child of modifying everything. It's amazing to me how much progress I have made even though I have had to modify so much. And I know exactly what you mean; it doesn't get easier but you definitely get better!
  • TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is in the books, Day 2 is starting out ROUGH.
    I did the upper body fix this morning which wasn't terrible, but the fact that my legs are in so much pain right now makes me wonder how I'm going to get through tomorrow's workouts, but I'm going to do it regardless! I'm determined! (Walking down a flight of stairs is a nightmare right now) Anywho, does anyone know if there is a set schedule you're supposed to follow with the workouts? or can I just choose what I want to do each day as long as it's different? I think the lower body fix is supposedly next for me tomorrow and honestly like I said before, I can barely walk down a flight of stairs so I need to give those babies a rest. Also, does anyone have any tips on how to soothe sore muscles? is there a way to prevent a buildup of lactic acid other than drinking copious amounts of water? Thanks!

@SatiaRenee
    Thanks for the kind words! I truly enjoy reading your posts!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut - which program are you doing? There are schedules for each.

And the soreness will fade, but not for a few days - you NEED to just push through, you will feel better in doing so, I promise!

• jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 great job getting right back into the program!

@TheFo1dOut I was so sore my first week! I could barely sit down, walk down stairs, etc. Took ibuprofen daily I think. But like @dkwi04 says, push through it!!! I remember getting up Friday morning that first week thinking, no way can I even move enough to do the Cardio Fix. But when I finished...I felt better, not as sore. Seems totally counterintuitive but it does work. And yoga on Sunday will feel AWESOME. (caveat: if you are actually injured and not just sore, of course you don't want to push)

Here is the schedule for 21 Day Fix (the original):

Monday: Total Body Cardio Fix
    Tuesday: Upper Fix
    Wednesday: Lower Fix
    Thursday: Pilates Fix
    Friday: Cardio Fix
    Saturday: Dirty 30
    Sunday: Yoga Fix

You can do this!!! If I can, anyone can :)
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut I was the same way for the first 5 days. Walking and sitting were horrible but like @dkwi04 said it will get better. Hang in there! You CAN do it!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Definitely push through it and follow the schedule they have, they have it set up that way for a reason.:)

I'm curious, what does everyone have their activity level set at? Lightly active? Active?
  • TheFo1dOut
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sometimes we all need a little push, and really I need a big push! Nothing has worked for me in the past so I'm very discouraged and jaded when it comes to working out and dieting but for once I'm finally SO sore, so I'm pretty sure somethings working! haha! Hey if you all want, please add me as a friend! We're all in this together! :smiley:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    So, one of my co-workers just saw me pull out my containers to fix my breakfast. Everyday, I pretty much eat the same, a red of yogurt, mix it with cinnamon and some seeds, and top with fruit. She comes over to me and says "So how long are you actually going to use those containers?". She is a women who has a constant struggle with her weight so for her to point out my portion control was a bit strange. I looked at her and said "Well, they pretty much are my portion control and its working so forever? I don't know" She agreed that they were working for me and mentioned that she has seen them on TV.

So it got me to thinking. Has anyone ever made comments to you about your containers/diet? And also, do you use your containers to carry your food? I guess I could take some attention off my containers by not bringing some to work LOL But its easy to pre measure and have a couple days of breakfast all set (I have a few sets of containers for that reason)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut I am going to echo what everyone else has said and urge you to follow the program even when you feel sore. Perhaps don't go as deep in the squats and lunges tomorrow but don't skip the workout altogether. Your muscles will heal faster if you keep moving. And drink a lot of water because water helps heal the muscles. And I get it. Seriously. My doctor, nutritionist, and friends all were baffled. I was eating well, should be losing weight, but I wasn't. I don't what it is or why now but I'm finally losing and I know it's because I fully committed myself to the program. Not that I hadn't fully committed to other programs before but this time it just all seemed to click.

@dkwi04 I'm currently unemployed but I remember losing weight when I was working at one office and people went from being very supportive/encouraging to judgmental. It was fine when I had lost a little weight but when I had dropped 2 sizes, all of a sudden people were saying that if I wasn't careful, I would lose too much weight, etc.

From my experience, weight loss success typically results in this type of progressive reaction from others:

Stage 1: People don't notice or care, unless you tell them. If you say something, they will be mildly encouraging.
    Stage 2: People begin to notice and offer encouraging comments. Enjoy this while it lasts because it won't last.
    Stage 3: People begin to question what you're doing. You think this is because they are legitimately interested and, if the querent is someone who struggles with weight, you may even think they're thinking of giving what you're doing a try.
    Stage 4: People begin offering unwanted advice. They warn you that you're going to regain all the weight and/or that you're getting too skinny, too muscular, too whatever they themselves are not.
    Stage 5: People don't notice or care or at least they shut up because they realize that you are in charge of your life and your choices and nothing they can do or say will keep you from succeeded where others, and probably they themselves, have failed.

I've been meaning to write some blog posts about things like this but, as you all know, I've been having so many ridiculous technology problems, I'm still trying to play catch-up.
  • TheFo1dOut
    Options
    Hey all question, has anyone made the creamy herb dressing from the book? I did and it seemed to make a lot! Do you guys know how long it will keep in the fridge?
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut said"... honestly like I said before, I can barely walk down a flight of stairs so I need to give those babies a rest...."
    Girl, I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!! And just 3 days ago ( I took a trial swing at the total body cardio) I posted the same conerns...but as everyone already said...it actually does work to keep moving...tomorrow is Lower Fix and I KNOW we can do it. - I know my son hopes so since he had to carry the laundry baskets downstairs. No way I could have made it down the stairs with them ..haha. ;) and let's not even start talking about sitting down, i.e. on the toilette..lol. that is still the funniest thing to me.

@dkwi04 I generally don't eat out of the containers. I have a tendency of putting everything in one container the night before ready for work the next day. BUT I have noticed coworkers that made similar comments to others that have went through other methods to loose weight. I just heard today that 2 of my other coworkers are doing the 21 Day Fix as well.I'm going to have to check that out tomorrow. How awesome would it be to have a 21 day fix group at work?!
  • kathymford
    kathymford Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use the containers to carry for fruit and dressing, but when I'm mixing a number of containers (like for salad) I put that in a ziplock container, so it just looks like a salad.

@venuila count me in for Cize too! The former dancer in me can't wait.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    A little frustrated. I'm almost to the end of R1W2 and the scale has barely moved. I know that part of the issue is probably PMS related since TOM is supposed to start in a few days.

This round ends on a Thursday, but I'm usually lightest on Monday (I take weekends off from the gym). So I'll probably weigh both days, then my trainer will do my measurements on the Monday. Really hoping for inches lost!