Daily check in

Options

Replies

• haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. It was a tough one to push play this morning but I did. Lower Fix was hard and I bet I won't be able to sit or get up later. Deep down I love that feeling because I know I pushed myself just a little bit more. Have a great day!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Morning Workout

21DFX: W1/D3: Pilates Fix Extreme
    Is it just me or is this workout not really that much harder than the regular Pilates? I was worried after yesterday's Upper Body Fix Extreme, remembering how close to tears I was when I did Pilates Fix and dreading feeling like that again this morning.

Then I reached the end of the workout and realized not only that I had completed it but that I hadn't modified!!! :o So those of you who did and/or are doing 21DFX, did you find Pilates Fix Extreme less extreme than you thought it would be?

I found the bird dog more difficult than usual because the resistance cords require more balance and that's already a challenging pose for me as it is but I managed to get through without falling over. I may have missed a few reps here and there throughout the workout because of my balance and trying to work with the cords rather than against them but I still made it through, dripping sweat all the way!

Slim in 6: Start It Up
    The tightness in my back is still there but there's definitely less pain. Glad I didn't baby myself yesterday. It honestly didn't feel like I needed to do and I obviously made the right call. I need to make time, in the next few days, to watch the next DVD to prepare myself for the next level of exercising.

8 Hour Abs Diet
    So the Mellisa McAllister intermittent fasting program is officially called the8 Hour Abs Diet and I figured I'd just chime in with how I'm doing on it. Frankly, it's great for me. I find I'm drinking a lot more water in my morning, sort of flushing my system before I even begin eating any food. I have always struggled with getting up and trying to eat within an hour of getting up. I prefer to exercise on an empty stomach. So this is a really good fit for me. Frankly, even if I weren't losing weight on this "diet," I'd probably want to keep doing it. Mind you, if I find I'm gaining weight on it, I'll stop in a heartbeat. We'll see. Sunday is my official weekly weigh-in.
  • TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    YES! I completed the Lower Body Fix this morning. WOOHOO I was able to complete most, if not all, the exercises despite not being able to lower myself onto the toilet the last few days. HA! I think my legs are actually starting to feel better today which is amazing! I cheated and weighed myself this morning after I told myself I would weight myself until next Monday...and not to get my hopes up but the scale is down, and not just by a little bit! Lets hope I can keep that momentum going. This weekend will be a challenge as I have my nephew's baptism and we'll be having a lot of family over at my house as well as delicious cookout foods. I don't know when i'll get my workout in on Sunday but I'm going to try.
    Have a great day!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I have only done pilates extreme once - and At first I though, eh, not big deal. but the tighter I pulled the cord the better a workout I got. I didn't burn many calories but I felt like I got a good workout. I will update you after I do it tonight though.

I am glad the 8 hour diet is working for you :)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Yeah. I wasn't holding the handles, definitely had to tighten things up quite a bit. Thinking I may need to use a stronger one next time. I mean, if I do that then I can still use the handles and modify but if I'm starting off not holding the handles and sweating although I'm not really pushing myself then it may be a good time to up the ante.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So this week I have not been able to get my exercises in due to crazy overtime at work and my husband is working 75 hours a week as well. I have stuck to the eating plan and think I will be ok. Hoping to restart the exercises on Saturday to make that my day 1 of round 2. All of the stories on here really do keep me motivated to push through. It helps to see others having some of the same struggles.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    On day 10 of insanity. I've decided I really don't enjoy it lol. I push through it (definitely take more breaks than he does tho!!). I've decided I'm going to do it until I get 21 day fix extreme. Or at least until day 15 so I can do another fit test and see how far I've progressed in two weeks.
    Can't wait for 21dfx!!! Then I'll probably get Cize after. Woohoo! I'm so excited!! Lol.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to love 21 Day Fix Extreme, @venuila ! Have you ordered it yet? I love hearing about peoples' experiences on it vs the original. (Sorry if you answered this earlier, I can't remember)
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    jpkrueger wrote: »
    Everyone seems to love 21 Day Fix Extreme, @venuila ! Have you ordered it yet? I love hearing about peoples' experiences on it vs the original. (Sorry if you answered this earlier, I can't remember)

I'm going to today!:)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut I meant to respond to your question about the creamy dressing, not that my response will be very helpful because the truth is we disliked it so much we half of it away and the other half we threw out. And we eat salads pretty much every day so throwing away dressing indicates how much we really disliked it. I loved their Asian Citrus dressing and the vinaigrettes but the creamy ones so far have been a failure in our family. :(
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @venuila I have my activity setting set at sedentary since I sit at a desk most of the day at work.
    @TheFo1dOut awesome job! I did mine this morning too...and I felt better than I thought I would. Amazingly as the day progressed my legs got better too and stairs are not as scary anymore today..lol....I knew we would push through this!!!....thanks to all my lovely ladies for all your support.!!!
    @haleymiller0707 how are you feeling? I hope your legs are not too bad- great job pushing play ;)
  • kathymford
    kathymford Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lower fix was great today. It seemed to hurt more, lots of leg shaking, but I think it's because I was actually able to go deeper into some of the moves. You know it's bad when your legs are still shaking while you're brushing your teeth 30 minutes AFTER your workout. LOL.

I think I might need to up my weights on the upper fix though, cause my arms feel fine today. Next week!

One more day until vegas and all of this hard work for nothing. haha. Oh well.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @venuila
    I also have mine set to sedentary. I have a fitbit, and MFP gives me a calorie "credit" when I go over a certain number of steps. It doesn't matter though, my trainer wants me to eat 1800-2000 calories a day. He works with me 2x a week, and is able to observe my workout 3x a week.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    @SatiaRenee - just did Pilates extreme. Only burned 110 calories but man that is a hard workout. I'm convinced autumn sent me the wrong bands because mine don't have as much stretch as hers!!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Finally!!!!!!!!!! My scale is back where I want it - now it is time to push through and make it go down more!!! I am just 2.2 pounds away from my next goal!
  • TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 Way to go! That's great news!
    Did my pilates fix today, wasn't expecting to work as hard as I did lol Realizing I'm really not a fan of pilates but maybe that will change the stronger I get. Stoked that week 1 is almost over, really proud of the progress I'm making! The weekend will be the challenge, the weekends are ALWAYS the challenge for me on any diet and exercise program!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Congrats! You and I both seemed to hit a plateau for a while there so it's nice to see you breaking through. I think my weekly weigh-in is going to be a good one. We'll see how it goes.

Morning Workout

21 Day Fix Extreme: W1/D4: Lower Body Fix Extreme
    My resistance cord needs some repair (because the D ring into which the clip is supposed to hook has a bit of a gap in it) so Rob, instead of fixing it, suggested I use a heavier cord. No. Bad idea. Very bad idea. Also bad idea for my stupid shoelaces to come untied during the lateral squats. You know, when it would be easiest for me to step on them. Sheesh! But I made it through using heavier weights and my not quite fixed but still working resistance cord (switched to it after the first round with the heavier one).

Slim in 6: W2: 6-Pack, Limber, and Thinner Thighs
    Yes, for those of you who actually noticed, I not only did Autumn's killer leg day workout but I added onto it by doing Debbie Siebers' far more gentle Thinner Thighs Guaranteed. Don't judge me! It occurred to me this morning that I've been complaining about gaining inches in my thighs and here I have this workout that literally guarantees thinner thighs so why am I not using it? So I'm adding it in as an every other day part of my daily exercise. Next week, though, I think I'll swap out Debbie's ab routine for Autumn's. I plan on leaving Autumn home when I go on vacation and taking Debbie with me so I can always do the abs while on vacation.

Place your bets now. We should start a pool. At this moment, my legs feel fine, like I worked them but not quite jelly. How long before I try to stand up or sit down and go, "Ow! What the hell was I thinking?"

I give it 10 minutes.
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Woot keep going @dkwi04! Crossing fingers you have a good weigh-in @SatiaRenee!

I did lower body last night, tonight is Cardio. Snickerdoodle Shakeo for breakfast :).
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Was wondering if I was going to get my workout in today due to having places to go today. So I am happy to say that as soon as I got home (past 8:30pm I might add) I changed my clothe and pressed play! I am really proud of myself for not making excuses of why I don't have to work out today. Yall best believe I was glad it was Pilates Day. It was challenging but not as bad as total body cardio for example. Hope to be on a more regular schedule tomorrow ....oh oh..Cardio Fix on the horizon.
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 great job on the loss. @germany03 glad to hear you pressed play, even after a long day.
    I found Pilates tough. I have never do it before so not sure if that was the reason why.
    I got my Cardio done nice and early. Have a great day!