Daily check in

Options

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @tfd1408 You sound like me, planning way ahead. LOL! The containers absolutely become second nature. I suggest rereading the Food Plan once a week especially at first because some foods can be confusing. (It doesn't help that Autumn has to clarify soooo many things like why pumpkin is a green if it's cubed and yellow if it's pureed and that using almond milk in a protein shake does not count as a yellow container in her opinion, in direct opposition to what the Food Plan states.)

Morning Workout

Once again, Holly and hot flashes had me up at 1am. She does not have diarrhea (thankfully) but she needed to go out and then the hot flashes kept me from falling back to sleep. Still pushed play.

21DFX: W3/D6: Dirty 30 Extreme
    I dropped the first round from 5 lbs to 3 lbs and with the lung/row/curl I used my 5 lbs instead of the 7.5 lbs. I was dripping sweat.

Slim in 6: W4/D6: Thin Thighs Guaranteed/Slim & 6-Pack/Slim & Limber
    Now my first disc is beginning to act up and the Sim & Limber stalled out towards the last 2 minutes. Makes me wonder if it's even worth bringing the discs with me on my trip but I did wipe down the disc and hopefully it won't give me any problems. Got my workout in. I was so overheated and sweaty, I just drank water and more water afterwards. I had breakfast a little later than I usually like but earlier than on a regular day because I'm still doing 3 Day Quick Fix.

3 Day Quick Fix

So far so good. I lost another 1.2 lbs so I've now lost 2.2 lbs (I think--I'd have to look at my tracking sheet). Today is my third and final day and I start the 3 Day Refresh tomorrow morning. As it turns out, Rob has an early gig tomorrow and I don't want to wake him up earlier still just to take some "before" pics of me for the 3DR. I'll do some of my own using a mirror or something. And I'll take my measurements too. Monday I may still ask him to take some "after" pics so I can get my free 21 Day Fix Extreme shirt. Still waiting on my PiYo one.

Eager to see what my stats are for 21 Day Fix Extreme and then again for the 3 Day Refresh.

Speaking of PiYo

Talked with my son who is going to University of Chicago for his Masters and he is going to do PiYo with me when I get back from my trip so, when I return on the 13th, I'll be doing that along with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution. But I still plan on following the 21 Day Fix eating plan.
  • noelleyaya
    noelleyaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope all of your Saturday's are well. I just wanted to stop and check in. So far so good on day 4. I completed cardio fix this morning and just got home from a great three hour workshop.

I love to read all of he questions/answer and advice here! Very motivating, especially seeing all of you who have had success.
  • vicki8seekers
    vicki8seekers Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @noelleyaya me too! Let's keep it up! @tfd1408 and @SatiaRenee I really hope it becomes second nature...although it's already way less confusing on day 4!
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Dirty 30 done!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I did Wheel for the first time in years today. I may not have been able to hold it for as long as Autumn and company but I was up there and holding it for a few slow, deep breaths. I am amazed! And thrilled.

Because I'm starting the 3 Day Refresh today, I am dialing back the exercise a bit. Today it was just Yoga Fix Extreme. Tomorrow through Wednesday, I'll only be doing Slim in 6. I'm taking both with me on my trip. I won't have access to weights and such but I can do Pilates Fix Extreme and Yoga Fix Extreme so I will do what I can without weights. Slim in 6 uses the resistance cords so I'm set because I'll pack my cords with me.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Was out of town last week for work and didn't stay on track as well as I would have liked. Back on track this week though!! I'm home the next few weeks and ready to shed a few more pounds :). Especially with Summit coming up mid-July. Lunch is prepped for the week and workouts are scheduled:

Monday - Les Mills Grit Strength
    Tuesday - Pilates Fix
    Wednesday - Les Mills Grit Cardio
    Thursday - Flat Abs Fix
    Friday - Les Mills Grit Plyo (I've not done Plyo before should be interesting)
    Saturday - tbd likely Dirty Thirty
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    My tummy still isn't 100% back to normal after whatever crud I had Thursday/Friday, but I'm pushing through it. Trying to stick closely to the plan.

I lost 3.6 pounds with round 1, and I'm on track to do at least that for round 2. This is super exciting to me. I doubt I will ever get down to BMI standards for a healthy weight (I'd be way too skinny), but being overweight vs obese is just 24 pounds away!
  • HelloBeautiful365
    HelloBeautiful365 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm jumping in and hoping to get the swing of things. I've stopped and started the 21 day fix before but today I'm on W1D2 (Sunday start) but will different effort. I had all of my meals planned out and ready to go.

Upper FIx - Done!

Have a great day! I have a little catching up to do on the posts. :smile:
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

It's going to be a crazy few days for me as I'm getting ready to head out of town and will not have internet for at least part of the time I am gone. I'm packing 21DFX and Slim in 6 with me and will do as much as I can with what I bring. I should be able to get a workout in every morning, if I don't go into full on vacation mode.

What to do when I get home, though?

I was thinking that when I get back, if it's okay with everyone, I would continue doing the daily check-in, even though I won't be doing 21DF/X at all. (PiYo and Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution is on my agenda.) I'll still be following the meal plan (although I may be tweaking it a bit) and such.

Anyway, if you don't mind my blabbering about Not-21DF/X workouts, I'd love to still check-in here.

Morning Workout

Slim in 6: W5/D1: Ramp It Up
    Technically, I'm supposed to be on Burn It Up but, as you may recall, my disc wasn't working in any of our devices and I skipped Ramp It Up for Burn It Up. So I'm kind of back-pedaling and trying to do all of the workouts but clearly not in the right order. LOL!

Anyway, we're off and running this morning. Going to pick up some things from the drugstore for my trip. Oh boy!
  • vicki8seekers
    vicki8seekers Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 4, 5, & 6 check in!
    Still having a hard time getting ALL of the containers in. Does anyone use a green and a purple and juice them? I was making a lot of juices but stopped. But maybe this is a good way to get them all in?

Pilates was Saturday, Sunday was Cardio fix, and today was Dirty 30. Phew! I will admit it; I modified the burpees. I. Hate. Burpees. I just do. Was a little scared of the Dirty 30, but made it through, with a few modifications.

@deltayork, welcome back...I'm new. :)

@sarahrbraun Congrats and keep it up!

• big_sis2
    big_sis2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting today. Look forward doing this journey with everyone!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    @vicki8seekers I think the juicing depends on how you're doing it, only from a fiber content. If you're juicing in a vitamix, where you still consume everything that you would have if you had eaten it whole, it should be fine. If you're using a juicer that leave the pulp behind, I think you're missing some of the nutrition, or at least the theory behind it.

@big_sis2 - Welcome!

@SatiaRenee - Enjoy your trip! I hope you have a fabulous time.

We were camping at the race track since Friday night. I didn't get any videos done, but loads of heavy lifting, banging on cars, running around, and I did over 10,000 steps every day. Not the plan, but I did what I could. Further, we were sitting over 90 degrees (over 32 C) the entire time with very little shade, air conditioning or reprieve. My BF ended up with heat exhaustion as it was... there was no way I was going to work out in those conditions! I ate close to plan, although with a lot more convenience food than I like, and had some juices and electrolyte drinks, etc. as it was so freaking hot and I didn't really want to eat. Anyway, back at it today. I opted to set myself back a few days, so I'm on day 7... Yoga!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Today is day 15 of 21dfx. Not sure how I feel about the extreme version. Definitely not a fan of the plyo workout, tehe.
    Yesterday was yoga day. I only burned 60cals though so did a t25 workout for the first time. Think I might do that next. Kinda miss insanity since I stopped so think I need some Shaun t in my life again. Haha. Can cize come out already?! Gah.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @big_sis2 always nice to get to know someone else on the same journey :) - you've come to the right place.
    Today I figured would be my "off the plan day"...not so much though...first thing I did for dinner was pull the containers out to meassure out my food..lol. not sure yet if I want to stay off plan for a week before starting another round or jump right into it Wed. - anyone have specific thoughts on it?
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @germany03 I think if you're not feeling burned out and bored with the plan yet, seize the opportunity and keep going since you're doing amazingly well.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    germany03 wrote: »
    @big_sis2 always nice to get to know someone else on the same journey :) - you've come to the right place.
    Today I figured would be my "off the plan day"...not so much though...first thing I did for dinner was pull the containers out to meassure out my food..lol. not sure yet if I want to stay off plan for a week before starting another round or jump right into it Wed. - anyone have specific thoughts on it?

What about staying "on plan" but allowing yourself some treats, or things usually not allowed? I encountered issues because on my 3 days off from plan I barely ate any fruits/veggies, I ate cookies, indulged in a Frappuccino a day, etc. I ended up constipated and feeling yucky.

If I take a break between round 2 and round 3, I'm making sure I eat my fruits and veggies.

Is it weird that I'm kinda liking some of my meals? The last week or so, I have stopped eating eggs for breakfast, and started eating Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Yesterday I had cottage cheese, berries and PB toast for breakfast. For my afternoon snack I had Greek yogurt, berries, and a handful of granola (totally not fix approved...). I'm enjoying my salad every night....
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @germany03 I went off the plan for a week during my birthday week. I didn't use the DVDs but still followed the food plan except on my birthday. It took me one day of indulgence to gain 5 lbs. Ugh. But every bite of that day was worth it! LOL! I won't do it again, though. Now I allow myself 1 treat meal a week, at most. I had one on June 6, because my family and I went to the Renaissance Festival. And another on June 22, my husband's birthday. Both times I gained a few pounds but was able to get them all off by the end of the week. And if you agree with the whole idea of muscle confusion and not letting your body get used to a workout/meal-plan, which is the foundation of beachbody programs, then a treat meal once a week or so is actually a good idea.

@big_sis2 Welcome to a wonderful group!

Morning Workout

I feel like a slacker today because all I did was Slim in 6 bonus workouts--Thin Thighs Guaranteed, Slim and 6-Pack, and Slim & Limber. But I am doing the 3 Day Refresh and it does say not to push yourself too hard physically.

I LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

I leave tomorrow to see my family up north. Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Here is my itinerary thus far:
    Wednesday: Arrive at Newark Airport. Dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ.
    Thursday: nothing planned
    Friday: Leave for Omega Institute
    Saturday: Omega Institute
    Sunday: Omega Institute and back to my mother's.
    Monday: Lunch with childhood friend at French Roast in Greenwich Village.
    Tuesday: Museum trip with my mother and her dear friend.
    Wednesday: Lunch with another dear friend at Cafe Mogador in Greenwich Village.
    Thursday through Saturday: nothing planned
    Sunday: Return home.

My mother swears she needs to be good because she's the fattest she's ever been in her life (which for my mother probably means she's a size 8 or something close). I'm going to try to hold her to that and, if we give into the temptation of the vegan brownie at Omega Institute, I'll suggest we at least split the brownie. Otherwise, my plan/goal is to only have one treat meal a week while I'm there for a total of 2 treat meals. There will be wine, because my mother and stepfather are connoisseurs. I shall not count that as an indulgence or treat. They don't drink wine daily anyway. But I'll probably have 4-6 glass by the time all is said and done. Maybe more.

There have been times I came home without having gained any weight or having gained only a few token pounds. Last year, however, I came home having gained 10 lbs. You can imagine how desperate I am NOT to repeat last year's nonsense. Big plus is that my step-father will be in town most of this trip because I blame the lemon cake my mother made that we ate every day for breakfast. And the macarons I picked up in the city which we had for dessert every evening. Seriously, my mother and I are absolutely terrible about these things!

Rob said, "Just say 'no'." I laughed at him. Men! They just don't understand the mother/daughter relationship at all, do they? ;)

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been reading along, just lost some motivation :( I have been exercising but my nutrition is HORRIBLE. I need to get back in check!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Do you have a coach with whom you can do a challenge? Maybe some new recipes would do the trick and I know the challenges typically include all kinds of recipes and such. Of course, there's also the 21 Day Fix cookbook coming out next month. Maybe you could reward yourself for all the hard work you've been doing by giving yourself a cookbook full of healthy recipes. And if your budget simply cannot or will not allow you to buy it then maybe go to your local library and see what clean eating cookbooks you can find there. My library has a couple of good ones and my husband and I even tried a few recipes that we immediately loved. Definitely worth looking into.
  • big_sis2
    big_sis2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone..

Thanks for all the welcome comments. Look forward to having a group to keep me accountable.

Day 1 was great, but didn't get in all my food for I was WAY to full to even consider eating anymore. First time that has ever happened, but it is encouraging as well.

Monday Workout - Taught 5am Kickboxing / Mowed Front Lawn after work / Went to Kickboxing in the afternoon

Tuesday Workout - Upper Body Resistance Training / 1 Mile Walk after lunch

Took measurements / Will make pictures tonight

@SatiaRenee - Enjoy your trip!!