Daily check in

Options

Replies

• krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Upper Fix done, going to do Cardio Fix in about 30 mins as well. Trying to do doubles already might be crazy, but I did do the Total Body Cardio Fix + Pilates Fix yesterday and it went well, so I will try to do doubles as often as I can.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    There's a reason I'm only doing the containers, and not the workouts. Today is a prime example...

This morning, an hour with my trainer: started with weighted leg press superset with calf raises (10-15 of each exercise per set) 6+ sets.
    Then barbell front and back squats (up to 15 of each for first set) for 4-6 sets.
    Then kettle bell deadlifts, squats, swings and upright rows. Up to 20 of each. Weights ranging from 15 lbs up to 55 lbs.
    As a finisher, lunges with one foot on a BOSU ball.

Still struggling a bit trying to get all my veggies in, but I'm just doing my best. Usually there is only 1 container left. Looking forward to being able to relax a bit for a few days this weekend between rounds. Excited to see how my measurements have changed in less than a month.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @sarahrbraun Autumn talks about this in the Food Plan and in videos as well. When/if you have trouble getting in all of your containers on one day, make that color container (in your case, the green one) your priority the next day and make sure you eat all that are allotted to you in your food bracket. I know I've missed out on a container here or there (usually for me it's purple) and it seems beachbody figured this would happen to people.

Yesterday I hit all of my containers but today I seem to have a very low appetite so we'll see how it goes by day's end. And if I miss one or two, I'll make sure tomorrow I don't miss the same one. Or ones, as the case may be.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would like a less hardcore version of Autumn's diet plan. I'm imagining something that incorporates the containers, PLUS an extra 200-300 calories for whatever I want (Yasso Greek yogurt Popsicles, Special K brownie... ya know, processed stuff.)

I like the container concept but miss my snacks.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @walkdmc I had posted about making my own yoghurt Popsicles in the recipe thread. Maybe you want to give making your own a try.

Well...upper fix done...feeling pretty good today and not soooore as can be from total body cardio fix like it was last week...lol

@SatiaRenee how are you holding up with those triple digits outside ?
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    walkdmc wrote: »
    I would like a less hardcore version of Autumn's diet plan. I'm imagining something that incorporates the containers, PLUS an extra 200-300 calories for whatever I want (Yasso Greek yogurt Popsicles, Special K brownie... ya know, processed stuff.)

I like the container concept but miss my snacks.

What is your goal?

I have a goal in mind so I try not to stray too far from plan. But I imagine at goal I will be more flexible with myself and allow those things on occasion. This is a lifestyle change and if those things are part of your life, then you should find a way to enjoy them. In moderation of course!

I've been doing containers since 3/30. I love ice cream. I waited and treated myself on Mother's Day. And I have a plan to treat myself again on vacation next month. I'm not having it everyday, but boy do I look forward to it and it makes me enjoy it more!!
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I'm not too worried about skipping a container or 2. Autumn says I should be eating in the 1800 bracket, but my trainer/coach thinks 2000 is better for me. So I'm claiming the 2000 calorie bracket and just doing my best.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Damn Damn Damn

We thought we had Slim in 6 Ramp It Up working but we didn't. Not really. And I only found out about 2/3 or more into the workout. I don't know what I should have done after the DVD stopped and wouldn't play anymore. I just know that I finished off the set, sank into child's pose, and cursed up a storm of frustration because I really am annoyed by this.

@walkdmc No triple digits yet. I try to get my workout in super early and do as much housework as I can before noon, though, because, by the time the afternoon rolls around, I am not eager to move around. Today I'll be scrubbing and vacuuming and such before I collapse into a good book.

And what @dkwi04 said rings true for me as well. I allow myself the occasional treat meal (going to have one on Monday) with an eye on being a little less rigid when I reach my goal. I've made so much progress but yesterday I was trying to get some pre-packing planned out, picking out what I would want to bring with me on my trip and I'm so damned frustrated. Too skinny for my regular clothes and still too fat for my skinny clothes. Now what? I guess I just go wearing things that are not quite a good fit. My husband suggested we could go shopping but then the car ignition broke and now we're without a car for the duration. Plus he has to work. Plus . . . ugh. I don't leave for 2 more weeks and anything can happen between then and now . . . I just don't think I'll lose 10-15 lbs by then and be able to fit into my skinny clothes. ARGH!

@sarahrbraun I'm genuinely surprised your trainer/coach isn't encouraging you to eat vegetables. I've worked with trainers in the past (and nutritionists and blah blah blah so many people!) and never had one say that it was more important for me to eat x amount of calories and don't worry about vegetables. However, I do know that I've always tried to eat more protein that is RDA because my body just doesn't function well on less protein. My back-in-the-day trainer emphasized protein and vegetables. Every meal and snack had to have both. Believe it or not, for me the problem was eating anything but vegetables. LOL! Now I have to force myself to eat fruit. I just don't reach for it with as much enthusiasm as I do a salad. That's why so many times I have fruit in my salad; it's my way of forcing myself to get it into my diet. :#

Morning Workout

21DFX: W2/D3: Pilates Fix Extreme
    Someone please tell me that my hip flexors will get strong enough to get through this entire workout because, right now, it feels impossible. The ab part doesn't really bother me but my hip flexors are SCREAMING long before my abs max out. (Seriously, I was considering doing 10 Min Hardcore even though I'd just done it the day before.)

Slim in 6: W3/D3: Burn it Up
    Like I said, at some point my stupid DVD just stopped. So frustrating. If I were familiar with the routine, I could probably have finished it off myself. I know Debbie Siebers likes to do things to an 8 count, often doing a slow set of 16 followed by a faster set of 8, with isometric holds at the end of many of the moves. But I haven't done this workout before so I have no clue where it's heading. I may do Thin Thighs Guaranteed later. I'm just too frustrated right now to switch gears. Grrrrrr . . .

• TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lower Body Fix done. I hopped on the scale this morning and despite my weight still being down from what I started at, I am still feeling discouraged. I know I wasn't rigid this past weekend as I had family events both Saturday and Sunday I did gain 3 pounds back over the weekend, I've dropped 2 of those but now we are coming up on another weekend and this one will be tough as well. I am going to be traveling with my fiance and his family for a little weekend trip. I won't have the ability do my workouts Saturday or Sunday BUT I will be going to an amusement park on Friday & Saturday so I figured the amount of walking I'm going to get in might help make up for that. WELP happy Wednesday!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Pilates fix extreme.... Kind of. My resistant band sucks. I can't even do what they are doing with it so switched and just did the regular Pilates. Will buy a new band and do extreme again tonight. Sigh.
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    No workout tonight :). It's not a scheduled night off, but once a month our ladies pistols group meets and shoots together in Nashville. Meal plan is set. Chocolate Shakeo with almond milk and PB2, lunch Subway, and dinner is one of my prepared meals that I made for lunches this week (chicken, brown rice and roasted veggies), Fruit for snacks.
  • oreo011
    oreo011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well my 21 day fix didnt come today :'( ...I was so ready to get started.
  • sarahrbraun
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @SatiaRenee he definitely encourages eating veggies, but he doesn't want me to try to stuff that last container of veggies in if I'm already full. As a competitive bodybuilder, he eats 7x a day, and has *had* to do that. In the past, we aimed for 40P/30C/30F. Because of the intensity of the workouts I do with him, he asked me to aim for 2000 calories to ensure that I am eating enough. He's seen too many ladies trying to eat below BMR and exercise off tons of calories.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lower Fix done!!!! *hew* I want to run every time I hear that "B" word...yall know "Bonus" as in Bonus round....I can hear my inner me scream "noooooo". But I push myself and do it..although I do have to take a 5 sec break for each leg....glad I'm done for today though.

Question: I have actually gained 2 lbs, which made me feel upset initially...then I thought ..it might be because I am building muscle...and TOM. Thoughts or input on if that might be it?
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Probably TOM @germany03 I gaIn 4 lbs at that time :( good news is it doesn't stick around !:)
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    @germany03 probably TOM. I can "gain" several pounds that week, but they fall off quickly afterwards. It's a hormone thing.

Honestly, it's highly unlikely that you would have gained that much muscle that quickly. Women only have 10% of the testosterone men have, so building muscle mass is HARD.
  • TheFo1dOut
    Options
    Pilates done. Made the mistake of weighing myself this morning...yea, another pound UP. WTF? But lets just hope it's muscles. Anywho, I'm having trouble eating all of my containers each day, and I think I'm just not eating enough, I've been moody and mean and I figure it has to do with not eating enough. How do you get all of your containers in? Has anyone else struggled with this/
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi @TheFo1dOut , good job getting your workout in already!! I'm sure you're building muscle.

I never have trouble eating all my containers because I like to eat too much, ha! But I can help...are there certain containers you struggle with filling? Are you too full to eat or do you just get to the end of the day and realize you're missing some containers?
  • TheFo1dOut
    Options
    @jpkrueger I mostly get to the end of the day and realize I haven't eaten them all. Don't get me wrong I'm hungry throughout the day but it seems like I just get in this zone of not wanting to overeat, even though I know I'm allotted so many containers. I'm having trouble meeting the yellow containers (I think this stems from avoiding carbs every other time I've tried to lose weight) I'm only meeting half of my purples (I guess I'm just not as big of a fan of fruit as I thought I was) and I usually have 1 red left by the end of the day as well. I'm in the highest bracket so I'm allowed an incredible amount of food, I just for some reason can't bring myself to meet the requirements without having it in my head that I'm going to gain. I don't feel like I'm very successful on a diet unless I'm hungry for a lot of the day...is that weird?
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut it's not weird at all, it's totally normal. We all learned "no pain, no gain" right? I find myself thinking the same way, "if I'm satisfied, and not hungry, I'm not going to lose". But I am still losing anyway! That's the beauty of this program and why I think it's the best one I've ever done.

So...a couple of suggestions. I know it's very difficult to get all your containers in when you're in that top bracket. If you truly can't because you are just stuffed, make sure you rotate which one(s) you skip every day so you're getting all our nutrients. I would suggest never skipping reds, as protein is very important for building muscle.

But, it doesn't sound like you're avoiding eating because you're stuffed. So I would say don't be afraid of any of the colors (that sounded funny but you know what I mean!)! The program works. Enjoy your allotted yellows! Once you get through the first week or so, you will not normally be hungry on this program but it will still work. It's amazing how eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich food will make you feel.

Are you drinking Shakeology or another protein shake? That's a good way to get in a red and a purple (throw a banana or berries in) without feeling like you're actually eating.

Good luck and keep us posted, you're doing great!!!!