Daily check in

Options
dawnkwiatek
dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
ill be starting the 21 day fix Monday and thought it would be nice to have a daily checkin spot. Someplace to post questions and progress. Anyone else want to join?

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Now that we have nearly 100 members, I think it would be a great idea. Perhaps if they were posted as Day 1, Day 2, etc. This would make it possible for someone to jump in where they are. For instance, I'm finishing today and won't be starting 21 Day Fix again until the 6th but I could still keep up with your daily posts (as could everyone else) and, when I begin again, I could add my day's success to your Day 1.

I think it's a great idea!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Sorry. Chiming in again. Another reason it would make sense to say Day 1, Day 2, etc., is our ability to share tips and suggestions for each exercise. I have yet to meet anyone who likes the Surrenders. When I first did them, however, I nearly fell. Twice. I am exercising with a balance disorder and severe osteoarthritis in my knees. I would have loved to be able to come to this group and see if anyone had a suggestion for how to modify this one exercise above and beyond what Kat does. I was able to find a solution to my problem online but if we had been doing a daily check-in, I'll bet I could have found an answer here. Or I could have at least asked for suggestions to reach an answer.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Awesome! I love that idea. It helps when people report progress too! Oh and if love to share meal plans/food ideas too! I typically eat pretty good but I think I'm going to struggle with fitting all the containers in one day - the balance of not eating too much of one good vs another will be hard.

I eat way more veggies then suggested but then I don't eat as much protien or fats.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04‌ I don't eat all of the fats either. I just don't like a lot of dressing and such. I know that in the Food Guide Autumn recommends trying to eat everything every day but I have days when I'm just not that hungry. In the guide it says that if you don't eat something (like enough of the protein), try to make sure you eat it all the next day. So that's what I've been trying to do. I'm surprised I can get the fruits in there every day because I used to never make an effort to eat fruit. I've been trying to knock it out before lunch so I don't have to think about it the rest of the day.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I feel like if I can get the fruit in I will just do a veg.

I start tomorrow but I decided to give total body cardio a shot yesterday. OMG I am so sore today
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04‌ I think a lot of people agree that the Total Body Cardio may be one of the toughest of the workouts. But you did it!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I did the other cardio one today and she says it's the hardest one but I disagree. The total cardio was much harder for me. I assume the added weights
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I agree the total cardio is the most difficult - those surrenders - yikes
  • dawnkwiatek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Day #1 Starts today!!

I got up early - which if you know me, is the most difficult thing EVER! Total Cardio Fix Done! - I had to modify the surrenders today - my legs are really sore from my weekend practice workouts.

Did I read somewhere that she suggests working out in the morning is better? I love that it is behind me and although I am REALLY sore, I feel good about having that done.

Food - This is going to be a confusing struggle for me - but I am ready to try my hardest. Here is my plan for the day

Breakfast - Egg white Muffins (1 Red - 1 Green)
    AM Snack - Shakeology - and probably almonds (1Red - 1 Blue)
    Lunch - Asian Salad with Homemade dressing and sweet potato (2 Green - 1/2 Purple - 1 Orange - 1 Yellow)
    PM Snack - Plain Greek Yogurt and an apple (1 Red - 1 Purple)
    Dinner - Crockpot Maple Dijon Chicken with Quinoa (1 Red - 1 Yellow - 2 teaspoons)

I also have one cutie that I think I can have for the 1/2 a purple I am lacking - if I need it.

(Let me know if you want any of the recipes I am trying out :smile: )

How is everyone else doing? Feeling?

• Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi you all,
    Today I started the use of the Rainbow Containers (it's how I call them) :smile:
    I will start exercising on April 6th.

My food diary for today below:

35d0plj.png
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Does anyone have the plyo fix DVD? Is that a special one you get if you order the bigger package?
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I got it as an extra when I ordered the challenge packet through my coach. I don't have Barre legs though - not sure how you get that one...
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I saw that I can get the plyo one on amazon - I just wonder if it is worth the extra cost? I assume that If I like the 21DF, then I will get the extreme after a couple rounds
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @Tatyanne‌ I'm starting my round 2 on April 6. And I love your food diary. Very nice!

@dkwi04‌ I don't remember if she said it's best to exercise in the morning but I know it's best for me. I find I'm less likely to grab an extra snack and such if I have already exercised. Plus, if later in the day I feel too tired to work out, it's already behind me. Today, I woke up with a headache. I did some yoga and then, when the headache finally went away, I did some cardio. This is the only way I can resist the Easter candy in the other room. LOL!

You all are doing GREAT!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #2

I skipped the early wake up to work out, but I will do it right after work. Upper Fix is on tap for today, I am looking forward to it! My legs finally are starting to feel better too!

My Food for the day....
    Breakfast - 2 eggs, a banana and coffee (1 Red and 1Purple)
    AM Snack - Black beans, 6 almonds and sunflower seeds ( 1/2 yellow and 1 orange 1/2 Blue)
    Lunch - leftover maple Dijon chicken with quiona (1 Red, 1 Yellow and 2 teaspoons)
    PM Snack - Chocolate Shakeology with strawberries (1 Red and 1 Purple)
    Dinner - Stuffed peppers and baby carrots (3 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Blue)

I truly am struggling to fit the macros involved in this diet, hence the odd snack of beans with almonds and seeds LOL. But I have to believe it works, so I am going to continue to stick to it. I would much rater be eating more veggies in lieu of the bean snack :smile:

I do feel good today, I actually feel a little thinner. How is that possible after one day? The scale is down .2, not that I am really tracking - it is just a habit to hop on the scale every morning. It keeps me in check, and when I don't do it I gain!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 I had the same experience! I felt thinner. It was so weird. During my week off from 21DF, I am trying out another workout DVD that was given to me and all I can say is this: I can't wait to start 21 Day Fix again on the sixth! :p
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    i totally felt thinner - i lost 2 pounds of water weight instantly from not eating processed foods with a lot of sodium. i knew it wasn't fat pounds, but i felt amazing none-the-less and it helped me to get through those first few days.

these DVDs are the real deal - Jillian's got nothing on Autumn! ;)

as a side note, i thought she'd be obnoxious - a bikini model, blah, blah, blah. but i really like her, and her workouts are awesome. i love the "proverbs" she says at the beginning of each workout - words of wisdom! smiley:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    doodlebug32, where are you in the program?

I much prefer these DVD's to Jillian. I think, and I have only done two workouts, I like them better then T25.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Note to self, If you think that vanilla shakeology was gross....you hadn't tried the chocolate. YUCK! No wonder why they have a million recipes for the stuff, you need to mask the flavor. I can't though, because I am at work and they suggest you drink it within 30 minutes of making it. I probably will stick to a whey protein powder and a good quality vitamin after my small supply of shakeology is done. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
  • doodlebug32
    Options
    Omg - i can't stand the strawberry. I have a ton left, and only one chocolate! I will switch to eggs before I drink another strawberry.

@dkwi04 I just put day 13 in the books!!! Tomorrow is yoga fix. As of today I've lost 5 pounds and i fit into all my pants! (I'm not quite 8.5 months post partum) i still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there :)