Daily check in

Options

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I thought I'd mix things up this week and try out some workouts that I haven't done before. Monday, I did a yoga/pilates based one for people with arthritis and began using a 2 DVD set with 7 different workouts that's designed to be used over a period of time (like 21 Day Fix or Jillian Michaels). Tuesday, I did a different yoga practice and the DVD set again.

I cannot wait to get back to doing 21 Day Fix on Monday!!! I am probably just going to give this one DVD set away. The workouts are both too easy (no soreness the next day) and too problematic (my knees are hurting and I wrenched my shoulder because of my balance).

Not sure how Autumn has created a workout that is so perfect and meets my needs but I'm genuinely surprised I am not having a more positive experience with this workout set since it's supposed to be for beginners.

@dkwi04 What kind of protein mix do you typically use? I can't afford Shakeology and am not interested in it but I'm always looking for a good protein drink mix for me and my husband.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My husband uses a whey protein powder so I'd probably just use what he has. I think it's body fortress. It's about $20 at the grocery store but I often find a coupon for a few dollars off
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    My husband and I used to get Muscle Milk Light. I'm currently using a store brand whey & soy protein but it only comes in vanilla and chocolate and, while I can add strawberries to make a strawberry blend, I just miss the ease of grabbing some water or almond milk and shaking it up with powder.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #3 - And going strong. I am set for lower fix tonight - I can't wait!

I got on the scale today - out of habit and I am down 1.6 pounds in just two days! It is not water weight either as I have been calorie counting, drinking lots of water and watching my food for a while now. I also took my measuring tape to a couple of areas that I feel "thinner" and they have already dropped size. A great way to keep me motivated!

• SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Yep. My experience too. I just knew I was dropping. I tested my ketones during the 3DQF and I was clearly burning fat too. Very happy. I don't plan on taking another break from the DVDs until I leave on my trip.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I will end the 21 days with the 3DQF. I just hope that weight doesn't just come back on right when I stop.

I hope I will be able to go back to a different diet once I hit goal.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I did that, bookending 21DF with 3DQF. When I pick up again on the 6th, however, I plan on only ending with the 3DQF. It is rather rigid and I know I'm not getting enough calories on those 3 days. (Not that I feel hungry or like I didn't have enough energy but I tracked the food and the numbers simply aren't there.) I figure, since I don't plan on stopping 21DF until I leave on my vacation, I'll just end each 21 days with the 3DQF. Otherwise, I'd be doing 6 days every three weeks and that's just not going to happen.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just got back from vacation. I sort of did 21 Day Fix before going. I missed a few workouts and had a few unplanned snacks that messed up my diet.

I love the workouts but I want to shake it up. I also bought 21 Day Extreme, but I'm not sure I am ready for it. No matter what I do, I AM DOING the nutrition part.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Welcome back! You aren't the only one doing your own thing. @skingszoo posted that she's training and only using the containers but not doing the DVDs. If my birthday suspicions are right, I may be doing more than 21 Day Fix. We'll see . . .
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hi I started the fix last Saturday and I do have to use the wonderful modifier Kat but this plan definitely works . I did not do pics but took measurements. I was doing clean eating for about two weeks prior to starting and lost a couple lbs but these containers really do work. As of today down 6.8 since Saturday. Love love autumn. By the way there are lots of recipes on pinterest for the fix.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @mallowbar Yes, I not only have found recipes on Pinterest but created my own 21 Day Fix board where I pin other 21DF related things. Just signed up with my coach to do a challenge starting on the 20th. Curious to see what she has in store for me.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #4 - Feeling great!

Did Lower Fix last night and WOW that was a good leg workout!

Got Pilates Fix on the agenda for this afternoon, again looking forward to doing it for the first time.

Today's menu is nothing fun :( I have noticed that my cravings are less - I am not sure if that is because I am truly never hungry or if I am just really motivated.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I've been having a hard time with the Pilates workout but only in one part so I have been, during my week off, doing that one section every day on my own. Only, fewer reps, hoping to build up to being able to keep up by Monday when I start 21 Day Fix again. :smile:

We're having maple-thyme pork tenderloin with sweet potato fries. I'm looking forward to it.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Do I need anything besides a mat for the pilates?

I am doing a pineapple pork tenderloin this weekend yum!

I'd love the recipe for your pork.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I'll send it to you if we like it. :smile:

No. Just your mat. I take my shoes off because I don't understand wearing shoes while doing Pilates. It goes against my natural instincts.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I do all the workouts barefoot! I just got a new Pilates mat at Target. I think I will do pilates today.

I might restart 21 Day Fix on Monday....CLX didn't do it for me yesterday.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I'll be restarting 21DF on Monday too. And I'll be doing it with PiYo because my husband surprised me with an early birthday gift. :smiley:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Cardio fix today - felt amazing! I kicked it's butt!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    Okay, I decided I am restarting TOMORROW! I am also doing a 30 day yoga challenge on YouTube. Hopefully, I will be ready to start 21 Day Extreme when I am done.
  • moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started 4 days ago (well the first day was a bit of a trial run so I officially started 1st April!) - I am not using the containers just the calorie guide for my weight & how much I need to lose which is 1289.

I am going to see how I get on. I have 15lb to lose and would be delighted if I lost 6/7lb in the 3 weeks. Loving the workouts so far, and with a child, the 30 minutes is ideal to fit into my day x