Daily check in

Options

Replies

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Day #10, I feel good. The scale moved a little today which helps :) I didn't get up for lower fix, because my calf is a bit sore, I will work on stretching it during the day and get my lower fix in after work.

On a side note, anyone doing the Extreme or thinking about it? I was wondering the difference. Maybe I will just start a separate conversation for that.....
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - Food yesterday was good (chicken gyro was so yummy) but I was so hungry. I am just getting over AF so thats possible the reason but I ended up eating 2 cookies grrr Work food is all consumed and dinner is planned. Venison steak with onions and mushrooms and part of a sweet potato. Work out is done for the day. I didn't get any workout in yesterday :neutral:
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was still pretty sore today from Monday's workout, so doing lower body fix was a bit of a challenge today, but I got through it. Didn't squat and lunge as far as I could if I wasn't so sore, but it's something. I also bounced for 35 minutes on my rebounder this evening. Food plan is going great. Having to plan ahead tomorrow because we are going to a Phillies game. Normally we would grab fast food on the way but not this time!! I'm making quinoa chicken enchilada bake for myself. Hubby is undecided what he wants but I'm not straying from the plan. Down 2.7 lbs so far!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dwi04 The scale is moving for me as well. It was down then up a bit and now down still a bit more so I'm definitely seeing more of a downward progression. Very helpful indeed.

@skingszoo I ate potatoes yesterday. And had a glass of wine. I probably had more than my fair share of yellow containers yesterday. And they weren't even sweet potatoes. Oh but they were sooooo good.

@cupcake570 I'm right behind you at 2.4 as of this morning. I'm planning ahead today as well. My husband is going to go to the aquarium today with his family and then they'll all come back here for dinner. So I'm saving my yellow containers for tonight's pasta dinner. I may also have a small scoop of rosewater ice cream as a treat because I think our niece will be fascinated by it (and we still have some leftover from my birthday).
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #11 - Feeling great! Chugging along :) Boring food day - left overs for lunch and just grilled chicken for dinner. But I am ok with it, surprisingly. I usually love to cook and eat new things - leftovers was never a thing in our house but it has gotten better.

I am thankful that my husband is being so supportive. He is just eating along with whatever I make - although I do sometimes switch the sides up for him. Giving him more rice, or giving him peas when I have broccoli. (I can't waste a yellow on peas or corn!!!)

Pilates on tap for today - I might go for a run too
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Did my Pilates this morning - I'm definitely going to feel it later!! Really tough but not as tough as the last time :). I find that breathing the way she does actually does help with the movements. Still not a Pilates fan but hey, I can do it once a week and I'm sure it's great for my core.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I wasn't just sweating today. I was pouring sweat! Before I did 21DF Pilates, I did 9 sun salutations and 55 crunches. I was feeling warmed up and limber but not quiet sweating. (Not quite not sweating either.)

Then came 21 Day Fix Pilates Fix! I don't know why but I find it off-putting to do this workout with my shoes on so I do it barefoot. I still find the leg/butt part of the workout uncomfortable. Even the stretch is painful for me. But I pushed through, lowering my reps on each part. My plan was to do 8 today and then 9 next week and 10 the third week. We'll see how it goes.

I also did the PiYo Sweat workout. I simply wasn't able to keep up but this is where I really started sweating. I was already dripping a bit during 21DF but, obviously, today's PiYo workout is called "sweat" for a reason. About halfway through the PiYo I was just thinking how grateful I am that tomorrow is a rest day for PiYo. My body needs it!
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Day #2 for me! 20 days until Vegas! I am so sore LOL BUT I am not giving up! I am going out tonight for a 40th birthday celebration so I need strength to NOT eat bad. I keep telling myself ONE glass of wine and a salad. I CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I can't believe how many workouts you did today! I was dying after Pilates (yup, the leg part did me in), no way could I have done more.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Day 4 today and I had some trouble planning out my food. I usually plan my day the night before and write everything down but I put down the wrong thing for dinner and it threw me off. We went to the Phillies game and had to leave early to beat traffic so I at my dinner at 4:30 after having my lunch at 3:15. My soreness was much better today but brutal sitting thru 9 innings of a baseball game because I felt kinda stiff.It was cold and I didn't want to leave my blanket. Let me tell you how hard it was to sit there and smell all the ball park food! But I didn't get anything except a hot chocolate, which isn't on plan but it was 38 degrees and I was freezing LOL! No weight loss today. I'm curious to see where my weight goes from here. I lost what I gained over Easter but I'm at the number where I tend to stay at TO THE OUNCE. Hoping this plan is the answer to my constant plateau.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @JBrown9538 How did the party go?

I had left enough room at the end of my day to enjoy the pasta dinner my husband made for his family. I left room for a salad and even one glass of wine. Unfortunately, we skipped the salad (not my choice!) and my in-laws can clearly drink more than I can because 1 bottle became 2 and my husband just kept pouring. Oh well. One day won't undo the days of effort I've put in. Two steps forward and yesterday I took one step back.

@jpkrueger I can't believe it either. When I did 21DF the first time, I was surprised that by week 3 I was ready to try doubling up the workouts. I don't know that I'll be doing that this time since I'm doing PiYo on top of 21DF but I'm beginning to better understand those people who do 21DF and 21DFX.

@cupcake570 Hot chocolate sounds so much better than my glasses of wine. And it was good wine! I just really love chocolate. And a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day? Are there many things better than that? I hope this program is the thing that breaks you through your plateau. I was gaining and losing and regaining the same few pounds for so long, I lost sight of the hope of losing. This program has helped me regain that hope and I'm genuinely enjoying doing it.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee you are giving me hope too, I have also been bouncing around the same weight for YEARS and can't seem to break through. I think this is the answer.

Did Cardio Fix today and OW OW OW I am sore already!!! But it's a good kind of sore, right? Modified the burpees and the thing where you had to run in plank position - I have a couch that's pretty low to the ground so I put my hands on that instead of the floor. Felt like if I went all the way to the floor I would never get up again, I'm almost 50, haha. Tomorrow is "Dirty 30", sounds scary!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #12 here! My menu has been a bit boring the last couple of days so I am looking forward to a chicken marsala type of dish tonight. If it turns out good I will post the recipe :)

Looking forward to Cardio Fix after work. I remember thinking it was the hardest workout last week and I really want a good burn today.

My scale is down (.4) and I feel great! My pants fit so much better. YAHOO!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger I did Cardio Fix today, modifying along the way. I have to be very careful with mountain climbers because that is one of the exercises my physical therapist said I should not do. Same with burpees. So I move very slowly through both, probably slower even than Kat. And ow ow ow indeed. Really feeling it.

@dkwi04 Yeah. I think I agree with you about Cardio Fix being the hardest of them. There are things I love doing in it but it really had me dripping sweat this morning.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Mountain climbers, that's it! Killer! But still tough even with modifying, so I'm ok with that.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Cardio fix was definitely a tough one! I like when I get a good workout! Scale was down another pound today so that's 3.7 so far and also puts me under the number I tend to get stuck at! Hopefully it keeps going down and doesn't pick another number to stick to lol
  • wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just received my 21 Day Fix program today and will start on Monday. I'm exited to start the journey! Any helpful tips???
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    My main tip re. the exercise is do not be afraid to modify. I modified everything and didn't even use any weights the first week. I still lost weight. And I've seen quite a few people who started strong and were too sore after the first couple of days to continue out the week. Most were self-motivated enough to jump back on board but more than a few dropped out altogether, discouraged.

Let me repeat: You will lose weight doing the modified versions even if you don't use weights the first week.

Preparation is helpful with the food containers. We keep some grilled chicken ready for me to dice and toss into a salad or with stir fry veggies whenever I need them. We also cook extra hard boiled eggs and salmon, both quick protein that I can add to a salad. When going out, I look at the menu beforehand to know exactly what I'm going to order and I do not depart from that. (For instance, today I'm meeting some friends for coffee. I already know that the place has some fresh fruit so I'll order tea and fresh fruit.)
  • wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Those are great tips...I'm preparing my meals today.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Preparing is great! I like to have my whole week planned out so I don't stray. I know that might seem crazy to some, but I struggle with food so having it all written out and accounted for works for me. Plus I have my grocery list done