Daily check in

Options

Replies

• mnemonicone3
    mnemonicone3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 2 day 5 and I'm down another 1.4lbs today. That makes 17lbs altogether! I just have to say that I LOVE 21DF!
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I try to cook bacon, chicken, hard boiled eggs ahead of time but since we shop in bulk I don't have the fridge space to stack too many containers. I've been collecting recipes so I sit down at night and plan for the next day. No weight loss for me today, same as yesterday to the ounce. But 3.7 down in 6 days is still okay by me.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @mnemonicone3 Awesome! Keep up the great work!!!

@cupcake570 Same here. Down a bit over the past few days but today nothing. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I'll share my first week's results tomorrow.

This morning I didn't know if I could do both 21 Day Fix and PiYo. I woke up a little sore, sore enough that I could feel my muscles but not so much so that I couldn't move. But I began with my 11 sun salutations anyway Then I did 60 crunches. Then I powered through Dirty 30. Yes, I was pouring sweat and I honestly didn't think I could make it through PiYo but I tried. I did my best. I had to ease back into child's pose towards the end.

In eight weeks, I may be able to get through without needing a break but I'm not quite there yet.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow 17 pounds that's amazing!!! You all give me hope!!!!

Btw did Cardio Fix yesterday and Dirty 30 today and OW I can barely walk!!!! My glutes (? - muscles in my bum I didn't know I had) are killing me! All good tho, means it's working I hope.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger Mine too.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Wore my heart rate monitor today because I was curious. In all fairness, today was Yoga Fix so I wasn't expecting a big calorie burn. I used this website to do the calculations because the others said my heart rate was too low: http://www.calories-calculator.net/Calories_Burned_By_Heart_Rate.html

I have low blood pressure naturally and a low pulse rate so I am not surprised I had trouble finding a website that didn't tell me I wasn't doing enough. Plus, again, it was all yoga, even the PiYo wasn't a very active workout.

12 sun salutations: AHR=98 cal=61
    Yoga Fix: AHR=80 cal=79
    PiYo Define Upper Body: AHR=93 cal=77

It will be interesting to see what the AHR is tomorrow when I do Total Body Cardio Fix and PiYo Sweat.

BTW, lost over 3 lbs this week. I actually gained more during my birthday week but I figure I will have caught up with where I was by the end of this round of 21 Day Fix and be back on track. Not planning on taking another break from the workouts, that's for sure!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Day 14. Feeling great today :-).

I went to bed super hungry last night. First time in 13 days for me. But I woke up feeling thin and great!

Started my day with a couple scrambled eggs and fruit. I'm happy to say, that it was so good. Even after I just whipped up waffles for the kids. Didn't feel deprived at all! Maybe this is really working?!?!?

Looking forward to yoga fix, although I really could use a nice calorie burn lol.
  • mnemonicone3
    mnemonicone3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Went out to dinner last night. Crab legs and pasta. And soooo much butter. Wasn't going to weigh myself because I figured I would be up again. But I was curious so I did...

-.4 lbs! What?! And I wasn't even satisfied with dinner. Clean eating has really changed my taste buds. I couldn't wait to get back home and continue with 21DF.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    My week 1 results are 3.9 lbs down. The scale only moved 2 ounces today but it's all good considering for the last 3 months I've been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs. I'm now under the number I'm usually stuck at. I've decided not to do Yoga Fix today. I'm trading for kayaking and bouncing on my rebounder. I just really despise yoga and I want to enjoy my workout. Trying out a pumpkin pancake recipe for breakfast and making stuffed peppers for dinner.
  • xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I completed my first week yesterday and lost 3 lbs. I definitely felt more energized this past week. I didn't make the best food choices yesterday and today a new day. I will be squeezing in my day #9 workout in a bit.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #15 - My final week of my first round. I was a bit disappointed with the scale today - but I shouldn't be! I am down 3 pounds for week two. And my measurements are down a bit too. I feel good - both physically and emotionally. I just guess I had hoped to lose 10 pounds my first round, and I might only make 5-7. But I plan to start up round 2 right away.

I am doing the doubles this week - so I was up early for the Total Body Cardio fix and I will end my day with Pilates Fix today. Has anyone done the doubles week three?

I made a delicious dinner last night too - I will post the recipe in the recipe thread today!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    dkwi04 I did doubles the third week my first time through but not every day. I started off doing doubles and then the room renovations were done, my in-laws were coming to town with my mother-in-law staying here which meant I had to get the guest room cleared out. Given that I also try to use the bike every day, I figured trying to do doubles the final week was too much. I needed to focus on what I could do and not try to do more. But I do plan on doing doubles my next round through. Not this time because I'm already doing 21DF and PiYo plus my other challenges. But by the time I reach week three on round 3, I won't be doing the sun salutations anymore and I'll have a little more wiggle room.

I did Total Body Cardio Fix today and followed it with PiYo Sweat. I'm still not able to really make it all the way through a PiYo workout but I'm there, sometimes holding a plank instead of doing a push-up, often in child's pose wondering what the hell I was thinking when I thought it would be a good idea to do two workouts back-to-back! This morning in images.
    1. Post 21DF sweat
    2. Post PiYO collapsed on sweaty mat
    3. Sweat on chair I use to support myself during PiYo
    4. And a spread from my smashbook where I'm tracking my workouts.

Seriously, anyone who is worried about not getting a good enough workout doing the modified version of these workouts should just come here and help me with my laundry!

amz8vo6054cv.jpg
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did NOT end up restarting Round 2 last week because I ended up being sick.

Today was Round 2, Day 1. To shake things up I did Cardio Fix instead of Cardio Total Body. There was lots of hopping. I like total body way more!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    R2,D1...starts today....lost 7.2 lbs with the first round...im pleased esp since I had guests from out of town visit on day 17...and hence the eating and drinking began...so im not beating myself up about...this is life, so on to Round 2....good luck everyone!!
  • wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today is round 1 day 1...I completed the Cardio Fix and prepared all my meals. I will take my body shots this evening. Look foward to the journey.

• dawnkwiatek
    Options
    What is everyone's thoughts on the following things...

* Switching a Purple to a Green

I find myself craving more veggies and forcing that second piece of fruit.

* Skipping Orange's and teaspoons

I know that they are all good for us but I am forcing the Orange Calories and at times the teaspoons as well. I hate that I am forcing the extra calories.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I imagine switching a purple to a green wouldn't be that bad, but I think skipping oranges and teaspoons wouldn't be a good idea. Your body needs that healthy fat and otherwise there is not very much on the plan! There is no guarantee at all that you would lose faster without them - I would be surprised if you did. I do think the plan as it is is very nutritionally sound and designed as it is for a reason. Just my opinion, I'm not a nutritionist!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Yeah, I will probably keep with the orange and teaspoons - I just feel like I am just tossing sunflower seeds on anything I can. Unless I have a salad (then I do a dressing), which isn't very often.

Same with the teaspoons - I end up just cooking in non-stick 90% of the time, I will use the coconut oil sometimes, so then I just end up adding a couple teaspoons of PB to my whey shake.

Maybe others can share how they get them in?
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I like apples with peanut butter or avocado with dinner. I skip teaspoons most of the time.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Total Body Cardio Fix was a bit easier this week! I didn't have to rest nearly as much and only modified the ski move and the surrenders. I think I strained my left quad doing the surrenders though. That one was the most sore last week and while doing that side I felt something I know isn't right so I stopped and just did squats. It's still a bit sensitive so I'll ice and rest it tonight. Scale didn't move any today but I'm thinking that may be because we did a late dinner at Olive Garden last night. I ordered from the Lighter Fare and only had one plate of salad and one bread stick but it still might have been too much. Hopefully the scale moves more in week 2.