APRIL 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions for energy. I am with you JTH11706. I find them pretty bad. I used power bar chew for my 10 miler in Nov. And forgot how sick I got from the caffeine and here again today. I am going to try non caffeine and see if that does the trick. A friend told me how she puts a tsp. of honey in a sandwich baggy and puts the bag inside her sports bra. I did that in the fall and it seemed to work. You bite the tip off it and suck the honey out of the bag. A kick of energy. Thanks also Dean for your suggestion.

I can't stand the GU stuff... the consistency makes me gag. I like Shot Blocks, personally - but if those don't work, my dad (who has been a distance runner his whole life) swears by the little orange candies that you get in the bulk bins at the store... they're the ones that look like orange slices and have a bit of granulated sugar on them. Probably any candy kind of like that would work well - just for that little burst of energy.

I also would carry two small bottles with me when I was running 60+ minutes. I would have water in one, and some kind of electrolyte drink in the other (power aid / Gatorade, etc)... I mostly drank the water, but every 20-30 minutes, or so, would take a swig of the other.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    13.4 miles to get me on the April board...
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    4/6 - 2.35 miles on the elliptical

MTD - 16.49 Miles
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    2.39 miles walked yesterday

9.16 miles walked today

44.99 miles walked to date
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    hkristine1 wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions for energy. I am with you JTH11706. I find them pretty bad. I used power bar chew for my 10 miler in Nov. And forgot how sick I got from the caffeine and here again today. I am going to try non caffeine and see if that does the trick. A friend told me how she puts a tsp. of honey in a sandwich baggy and puts the bag inside her sports bra. I did that in the fall and it seemed to work. You bite the tip off it and suck the honey out of the bag. A kick of energy. Thanks also Dean for your suggestion.

I can't stand the GU stuff... the consistency makes me gag. I like Shot Blocks, personally - but if those don't work, my dad (who has been a distance runner his whole life) swears by the little orange candies that you get in the bulk bins at the store... they're the ones that look like orange slices and have a bit of granulated sugar on them. Probably any candy kind of like that would work well - just for that little burst of energy.

I also would carry two small bottles with me when I was running 60+ minutes. I would have water in one, and some kind of electrolyte drink in the other (power aid / Gatorade, etc)... I mostly drank the water, but every 20-30 minutes, or so, would take a swig of the other.

@hkristine1: Thanks for the suggestions. I really don't like anything. It usually upsets my stomach. Jeff Galloway has tested out a SF-7X Super Fruit No added sugar, chemicals, preservatives and no nausea for him since using them for a couple marathons and long runs. I am a water gal and some Gatorade as you suggested. I know exactly the orange slices your dad likes taking. I appreciate your tips as well.

@JTH11706Congrats on getting through your program early! Now for all that energy build up. My run today was a bit of a bear after coming off a long run this weekend. I cannot imagine how your legs feel for marathon training.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    April 6: 4.5 Mile Run and 3 Miles walking
    TTD: 52 Miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@JTH11706 - Congrats on surviving the training buildup, Janet! Now you get to enjoy the benefits of training so hard. :) It's crazy to me to think of 14 miles as "only" 14 miles too!

Dave
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,968 Member
    Options
    4/6. Stationary bike: 10 miles / Elliptical:4.5 miles / Walking: 2 miles

54.50 miles of 220 miles

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

4/06

Exercise bike 36.97 miles and walk 1.25 miles

38.22 miles for today

134.43 miles done and 665.57 miles to go.... :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,295 Member
    Options
    Got out early this morning and got it done. It was beautiful...then the clouds started rolling in...supposed to thunder and rain tomorrow. We shall see. The rain yesterday brought us almost a tablespoon's worth!! :(

Mon - 6.24 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Chris
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 4 miles

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding the mileage from april 3-6 ...20.58 miles

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Miles
    1: 5.23
    2: 1.18
    3: 3.84
    4: 9.79
    5: 6.79
    6: 4.49
    Total to date: 31.32

Edited to add:

exercise.png

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Bet you all thought I had given up - not likely but I have been away from a computer so sorry but here is the first week in a lump :)

1 Apr 7.54 miles
    2 April 6.21 mile
    3 Apr 7.5 miles
    4 Apr 6.21 miles
    5 Apr 20.4 miles
    6 Apr 3.43 miles
    7 Apr 7.5 miles

MTD 58.79 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @janet - congratulations on completing the course! You've really worked hard for that and I'm glad the legs are feeling better. :)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    4/6 - 6 miles

21/110
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    As of April 6, I walked 29.7 miles.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    April Goal: 150 miles
    Yearly walking challenge: 337.5/1500 miles

4/01 - 4 miles
    4/02 - 4 miles
    4/03 - 4/05 - 8 miles walking, 6 miles biking
    4/06 - 5 miles

27-/150
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My wrist is still too sore to ride my bicycle, so I settled for a stationary bike at the gym. Adding 13.26 miles.

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.