Daily Accountability Thread

Options
missjones513
missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
Hopefullly this will help somebody. I finally updated my weight on Fitbit/MFP and it made me sad that all my progress is gone...again.

Feel free to use this thread to check in daily, or however often you need to, to help you stay on track.

I've been doing good these last 2 days. Kept my calories within my goal and got my workouts in. I'm on Week 2 of Body Revolution, today is cardio. I'll probably do a TurboFire workout today after work. Already have dinner cooked so I shouldn't be tempted to buy fast food.

Replies

• missjones513
    Options
    Yesterday I only did 20 minutes of TF Fire 45EZ, my knee started to hurt. Stayed within my calorie goal so it was still a good day.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am willing to check in, probably need to do a daily check-in but I won't commit to that yet :)

I usually workout 5 days a week and I am active at least 6 days a week. I recently stopped logging my walks to and/or from work, even though it is a 3+ mile walk I think most days it's just activity. My gym workout, home workouts and lunch power walks are where I keep trying to challenge myself.

Yesterday, I did 40 minutes on the Stationary Bike 11.06 miles on Random, Level 12.

Today, I wanted to run on the treadmill but it wasn't meant to be, but I did get in 40 min on the elliptical and my lunch Powerwalk.
  • missjones513
    Options
    I haven't done much exercise since Wednesday last week but my eating has been decent. Had a loss when I got on the scale Saturday morning :)

I have 3 more workouts before I'm officially done with week 2 of Body Revolution. The plan today is to do workout 1 and a 1 or 2 mile walking dvd.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    I had an okay weekend, did pretty good on Saturday but other than working out Sunday morning I laid around the house, not my plan but it happens. I have 91.84 miles of steps so far - goal is 220 for the month.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    I have been in a slump for the past 2 days, no gym - but I have still reached my Fitbit step goal. The plan for tomorrow is start tonight, be ready to hit the gym in the morning and start my day on a high note! I have an interview tomorrow and I really want blow them away!
  • missjones513
    Options
    Weekend wasn't as good as I would have liked it to be, but I didn't go overboard on eating.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    I have been trying to push myself a little harder and I think I am doing well with that. Though the weekend was not the best regarding my eating I did have some great workouts. I guess Tuesday has now become my official rest day but I did have a good workout this morning and even reached my goal steps (13K/6miles) by 9:30 this morning!
  • missjones513
    Options
    Been doing good on calories and exercising so far this week. Walked at the park yesterday with my sister and stuck to the meals that I planned.

Today I'm doing BR workout 3 and a 2 mile walking DVD.
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I will start doing this, hopefully it will help keep me motivated. Part of my weight loss struggle is that I also have PCOS. It makes it very difficult for me to lose weight. The doctor has prescribed me Metformin but it has some nasty side effects, including: bubble guts, nausea, and fatigue.

I have tried to get better about taking my Metformin, now taking it at night before bed; I can sleep off the fatigue, sleep through the nausea, and the BGs don't hit until the morning. I am also now taking Vitex and Inositol in the day to try and get my cycle back on track.

A lower carb diet is what I am really shooting for and will help with the insulin resistance that accompanies a PCOS diagnoses (research research research)...Anywho, today, I had a protein shake for breakfast, I did cave under my coworker's pressure to try her new Wheat Thins, and I had unbreaded wings and fresh pineapple for lunch.

My coworker and I try and walk a mile every afternoon.

I just want to stay on top of this and not succumb to cravings and not get lazy. I am entering summer vacation for school and am only taking one class this summer. I have no more excuses (at least for the next 3 months)...Haha!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • missjones513
    Options
    Did good on food the last 2 days. Walked in the park on Sunday and did BR workout 3 yesterday. Hopefully the scale with move some this week. Last week I did good on food and exercise, except I did a lot of snacking on Saturday.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Based on my Fitbit I have been doing okay or at least moving but I know that I have not been doing good. I am okay with it because it is what it is. I know I can do better with minimal effort and I can do great putting forth more effort. I have been challenged to do 260 miles for the month of May so I have decided not to purchase a monthly bus pass (this will make we walk) and I have committed to getting out on the weekends, those are my dead zone times. I will also have a houseguest for the next several weeks and we will eat right!
  • Adc7225
    Options
    It has been a few days, where is everyone?

I had one of those weekends where what can go wrong, went wrong. I had not been to the gym in 4 days - that is a record for me. But I did reach my goal steps on Saturday and made it to the gym on Sunday and this morning. I guess I am still on track because my weight was good this morning.

I will admit that I missed the gym because I had a flat tire and couldn't drive to the gym but I have been really working at developing a home workout for myself that I actually did during that time. I think it really is important to have a routine but also to have a Plan B routine as well.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • missjones513
    Options
    I did awful this weekend. Joined a challenge group and a 100 days of exercise challenge.

Thinking about joining a gym. Doing exercise outside of the house a few times a week may help keep me motivated.
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not so good for me. I have been off my treadmill for 7 days due to aching joints. My Ifit score went from 98 to 0. OH NO!! I have to start over, and I only made my 10,000 step fitbit goal once in the last 8 days. So much stress last week and this week started out the same way. I guess I have to put my superhero costume on and get back on track. Weight went up 5 pounds and I am not liking that.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    For the past 5 or so months that TOM has been getting harder and harder for me, but I have gotten in a Workout and I am still going for my 260 mile goal this month. It just seems like so much when you start off the month with a whimper! The important thing is that we remember these changes that we are making are for the better and sometimes things will be hard and miserable but there is a bright side!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred plus 21 Day Fix workout. Going to hit the barbells then play soccer
  • missjones513
    Options
    Except for yesterday, I've been doing good on food. I exercised a couple of times last week. Today I want to join a gym. I need to switch it up from my at-home workout dvds.
  • missjones513
    Options
    Joined Planet Fitness yesterday. I just walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Today I'm going closer to 8pm and I'm going to try to do a strength training workout on an app I downloaded. Did good on calores yesterday. We're celebrating birthdays today at work so we're going out to eat and having cake. Planned my other meals around that so today should be good too.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Hi Missjones - I hope you enjoy going to the gym. I never thought I would become a gym-bunny, I love getting in my cardio (I do strength workouts at home).

I did go to the gym yesterday and walk home from work - so far today is not looking too good, I have to work late tomorrow night and I am not looking forward to it! But, I will reach my goal steps (13K) and get in at least a 20 minute workout this evening.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    on D11 of 30DS. Also did 21 Day Fix Upper Body workout today back to back with 30DS