Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Shanel0916, I started with the Fitbit One, I recently received the Charge HR as a gift but I still wear my One and love it. Just wear under your clothes if you can and I have the app on my phone so I can monitor it. I just started with counting my steps normally and gradually adding more just from doing normal things around the house. Like putting things away now vs. later or at the supermarket when you realize you forgot something but did really want to walk all the way to the other side of the store to get it. Then I started getting off the bus a few stops before my stop . . . I never, ever thought I would walk to work, its a little over 3 miles. But I do it to and from work and in fact I have even stopped buying a bus pass.

Just take it a little at a time and seeing that might motivate you to the gym.

Just a note, when adding friends I would suggest adding friends in your time zone, its sort of frustrating trying to keep up with people in totally different time zones.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I'd like to add myself to the daily check in. Well, I am restarting this journey yet again with the guidance of my husband who was able to drop from 350lbs to 215lbs. His will power is amazing to me. This time around I am going to only eat what he gives me and start an exercise regimen that he approves. Extreme? I think so. Everything else hasn't worked and he clearly has been through the battle. Also, its such a strange dynamic to put my total trust in his expertise and follow him "blindly". It's definetly a different dynamic for our relationship so the entire journey is already filled with first lol. Its such a different experience to not have to wonder what I'm going to eat that day. That in itself has taken such a burden off of me. Today 212, mostly paleo eating and daily exercise. This is day 9 for me. See ya tomorrow!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    This calorie counting thing just doesn't work well for me, I've been at it for years no and have not yet been truly successful. I don't know what to do I wanna lose weight so bad, but I feel like such a failure at it. I have absolutely no will power. I totally crashed and burned this weekend. :'(

It may be a big change but if you stick to foods that grow (with a once a week policy on the white food like rice and potatoes), meats and fish you don't have to really count. Or not that much anyway. You could eat so much food and not go over what your intake should be for the day.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    thank you Adc7225 I sure hope it gives me that kind of motivation!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Back again! Short and sweet. Workout completed this morning. Work and healthy food all day. Also trying to get a gallon of water in a day. Today, 96 ounces. 32 ounces shy. Ill try again tomorrow. See ya tomorrow.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning. Workout completed. I felt better today hydrating during my workout and not just before and after. On to work. Have a great day.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Shanel0916, don't beat yourself up about the calorie counting. I don't believe it would work for anyone at the wrong time. I had no problem getting into it for the most part, though I did struggle as I learned how to manage my calories and learning serving sizes. It totally did not work for my mother!

I think in the beginning as we are learning how sneaky those *kitten* calories can be, it can be overwhelming. If you like most probably do - log after we have eaten way to many calories and then feel defeated so we eat more . . . we have to realize we are reestablishing our relationship with food and like most relationships it can be difficult. Take your time, maybe set a goal weekly to limit one thing or drink more water, just one thing you struggle with. What really helps is getting past one hurdle, and seeing that it can be done, it helps us realize we can get past the other ones, even if sometimes we have to do it over and over again. At 47 after being overweight/obese for the majority of my adult life, I am totally amazed at some of the things my body can do.

Don't give up the reward is too great to pass up.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    My check in for the day - yesterday I realized how TIRED I am, I have been pushing myself too hard. Doing a 260 mile walk challenge for the month, while working out, working full-time, with a houseguest is way too much. I have decided to try a few days of eating clean (my version) and getting back on track with my strength training. I will still make my 6 miles a day goal (instead of 10+) and get to the gym - but eating better and getting more rest is A MUST DO ASAP!!!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning ladies. So today, I'm doing an abbreviated morning work out so I can go to Muay Thai training this afternoon. I was 80% to a gallon yesterday. Happy journey ladies. See ya tomorrow.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Technically it's the next day lol. On the 12th, I did a double gym day and actually got that gallon down! Today is an active rest day. I need to get in my yard and pull up weeds and such. I will check in again with you guys on Sunday. Stay motivated! I look forward to seeing your daily check ins!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Yesterday was an active rest day, today is an actual rest day. Watching my intake and taking it easy. Peace and Blessings.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Yesterday and today I made it to the gym! Not feeling great today, not sure why but I still got in a good workout and made my step goal both days!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This weekend was not good. I'm challenging myself to not eat any fast food this week.

I skipped some P90X workouts last week but I'm still going to consider week 2 done. I think after phase 1 I'm going back to phase 2 of Body Revolution. I like the structure of that program better.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Today isn't the best emotionally for me but I'm making sure that I stick to the goals I've set. This is a first for me! Emotional eating is my worst nightmare. Today, I'm not going to the gym. I'm saving my energy for tomorrow morning. This is the first Monday in a long time that I haven't jumped the scale from Friday's weigh in. See ya tomorrow.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    I am going for a week with no candy, I can have sweets but NO CANDY - hopefully I will keep that in mind, you know we tend to just pop stuff in our mouths :o

No gym this morning, but maybe this evening!
  • VirginiaMom
    VirginiaMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing good on my walking and workouts but the eating.. not so much! I am struggling to cut the white carbs as much as I need to.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts so if I don't get to the gym early, its probably not going to happen. Today, 9-930 shift and watching my intake very carefully. I started this new suppliment today so we will see how things go. See you guys tomorrow.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm giving the 5:2 diet a try for the next 8 weeks to see if it helps with my bad eating habits my first and second fasting days were a success. The Fitbit has given me way more motivation to get up and move. I got in 20K+ steps this weekend made it to the gym sat and sun. I am really hoping things stay on the up and up.

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This week has been good so far. Got my workouts in and stayed within my calorie goal.

Today I'm doing a Body Revolution workout. I may go back to that program because I like the format better.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Not much to report today. Keeping on the plan. Gym after work today. Hope that you ladies are having a good day.