Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks Adc7225! Technically it's tomorrow so here I go...
    So, I'm not sure if this is true for anyone else but I have this issue with seeing 200 lbs on the scale. Usually, I see this number (it could be any number for you) when I'm diligent and my efforts pay off. Also at this number, I feel better, I look different and life is great. For some odd reason, I start to fall back into old habits around this time as well and it's scary. Then I watch the scale slowly creep back up to 220, feel sorry for myself and start the process all over again. This time, I am making a conscious effort to break through this 200. I need to come up with something to help me not only break through it but get to 190 so that I don't have to deal with the dreaded 200 again. Has anyone had this experience with the dead weight number on the scale and how did you break through it?
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't good. Ate too much and didn't exercise. Today will be better.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Participated in the zumba class for 35mins and water aerobics for 70 mins.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I hope that all is well. Really needing some support. Getting a little lax but keeping my overall goals. See you ladies tomorrow.
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I hope that all is well. Really needing some support. Getting a little lax but keeping my overall goals. See you ladies tomorrow.

I find as the weather becomes warmer, I do not have the same amount of energy to go to the gym. I rather do an hour or more of gardening in the morning and the later on when its cooler would walk in the park go on the treadmill for 30 mins.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options

Crossing that threshold from 200 into onederland can be very intimidating. I remember watching those numbers going down 205-204-203, etc., then seeing those 9's 199.8-199.6, etc. that plays with your mind! It throws you off, I had to find something else to focus on for a while, maybe take some, measurements or focus on some sort activity or exercise. Try to keep in mind your ultimate goal. As hard as it is right now, you will look back at this time and think what was the fuss all about :)

Remember you have a goal and all of this is so worth it!!!
    Options
    Got home at 11.30pm last night after hanging out with my daughter and visiting friends and family.No physical activities done. Will do go on the treadmill today.
    Options
    Completed 60 mins on the treadmill.
  • missjones513
    Options
    I did good with my food and exercise yesterday and Friday. Messed up on Saturday but that was my fault due to poor planning. Not sure how today will turn out. It's my mom's birthday and we might be taking her out to eat.

I really want to do good this week. There will be cookouts for the 4th then I start another challenge on the 5th.
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Don't give up...you can do it. I have been having joint problems of late so I have not exercised as I usually do on my treadmill. With the weight plateau, I try increasing my water intake and walking more during the day. I have a desk job and have to force myself to take a break more often. Fitbit challenges are helping me also, since they make me get up to move more often to remain competitive.
    Options
    Just completed my 60 mins in the park with my daughter. Also did 30 mins treadmill this am.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    . . . day 3 in row at the gym in the morning! I really did not feel up to it this morning so I just did 35 minutes on the elliptical.
    Options
    Today was good . Did 60 mins strength training and 110 mins water aerobics.
  • missjones513
    Options
    Yesterday was good. I was trying not to eat out this week but I did Chipotle last night. The chicken I made for my lunch was nasty so I just ate the veggies. Got a workout in after not working out for 2 days. Definitely planning a workout for today.

Scale moved this morning :) . I'm planning on doing a workout Saturday morning or evening. I know I'm going to eat a lot, but I don't want to lose my progress...again. I'll probably lower my calorie intake on Sunday and do a walking workout.
    Options
    Another good day. 60 mins water aerobics and 30 mins treadmill.
    Options
    Strength training and water aerobics done. Will go on the treadmill later tonight for 30 mins.
    Options
    Yesterday was good. I was trying not to eat out this week but I did Chipotle last night. The chicken I made for my lunch was nasty so I just ate the veggies. Got a workout in after not working out for 2 days. Definitely planning a workout for today.

Scale moved this morning :) . I'm planning on doing a workout Saturday morning or evening. I know I'm going to eat a lot, but I don't want to lose my progress...again. I'll probably lower my calorie intake on Sunday and do a walking workout.

"Friend request accepted"
    Options
    Happy 4th. but do not eat too much !
    Options
    Instead of walking on the treadmill, had a 4 hours mother /daughters shopping trip to the mall followed by late lunch. I displayed good control today by not ordering sodas,cocktail,or dessert.
    Options
    Had friends and family over . Ate a little more than anticipated but within my calories intake.