Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Went to the Y , did 60 mins water aerobics and 25 mins strength training. Had my green smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Will also do 30 mins gardening . I have noticed flowers on my cucumbers, squash and zucchini. Looking forward to reap my crops.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I've been getting to the gym and slowly getting my diet back on track! It is crazy how much better you actually feel when you eat right, why do we give into to all those poor choices that only offer quick pleasures to the eyes and tongue!

I am actually aiming to eat all the vegetables that I buy each week - haven't been doing that for a while.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I've been getting to the gym and slowly getting my diet back on track! It is crazy how much better you actually feel when you eat right, why do we give into to all those poor choices that only offer quick pleasures to the eyes and tongue!

I am actually aiming to eat all the vegetables that I buy each week - haven't been doing that for a while.

This is so true! I feel bloated and tired when I eat whatever. I feel so much better when I work out and eat to actually feed my body. Today, I feel a bit better. Got to the gym last night and this morning. Feeling refreshed. I have been a lot more hungry lately so I am trying to make sure I have choices close by. Happy journey good people!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Woke up very sluggish today. 5th day in a row with working 4 12hr shifts and a 9hr shift. Time to get some rest tonight. I hope that you all are having a productive day!
    Options
    On the treadmill for 60 mins also increased my speed (intermittently) to 3.0
    Options
    Woke up very sluggish today. 5th day in a row with working 4 12hr shifts and a 9hr shift. Time to get some rest tonight. I hope that you all are having a productive day!

These are some mighty long hrs. On my job, one was not permitted to do more than 4 12 hrs shifts. You will need a lot on downtime, my friend.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    12774 wrote: »

These are some mighty long hrs. On my job, one was not permitted to do more than 4 12 hrs shifts. You will need a lot on downtime, my friend.

This is true. Extra time for a purpose, not always. In my profession, 12hr shifts are actually the norm. But, anyway, today is a total rest day. All fun stuff. With pre-planning meals and physical activities, it takes all of the daily decisions out of should I or shouldn't I. Down 10lbs since June 1st. Happy journey ladies.
    Options
    Get outa here! What great weight loss!
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Yesterday was just one of those days when all your plans get waylaid. I didn't even reach my goal steps. Today I am going to try and get some of the stuff done that I didn't get done yesterday - a least getting to the gym and getting my grocery shopping done.
    Options
    Completed my cardio for today. 60 mins water aerobics and 30 mins of treadmill.
  • lisa0506
    lisa0506 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Went out of town for weekend,pretty much stayed on track food wise but I have not had any exercise. So I'm getting ready to hit my treadmill since it's over 90 degrees outside.
    Options
    lisa0506 wrote: »
    Went out of town for weekend,pretty much stayed on track food wise but I have not had any exercise. So I'm getting ready to hit my treadmill since it's over 90 degrees outside.

That's what dedication is all about !
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Missed my check in yesterday :neutral: but I'm still being faithful. Enjoyed a lovely Father's day with my husband and my 3 princes. Gearing up for another productive week. Everyday I'll be acknowledging the beauty and positive nature of some aspect of the day. Today, another weekend without devistating Monday morning consequences. The sun is showing brightly and I'll be in the gym later and then back with the men in my life. Life is good. Happy Journey ladies.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    The weekend wasn't a complete bust but I did eat too much yesterday. Going to start week 5 of Body Revolution this week. Going to try to watch my sodium intake and drink peppermint tea this week. Bloat is killing my progress. Ready to see some movement on the scale.
    Options
    Just completed my 60 mins walk in the park. It was so refreshing.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning. I have to say that when I am following my plan, weigh in days feel like Christmas morning. When I am lax, I absolutely dread them. Today, I saw another decrease. Not quite in Onederland yet but pretty close. Since there has been a slow progression, the weight stays off when I actually see a decrease. Today is 202.4. Also, my clothes are starting to fit a bit differently. This is only day 23 of actually trying to stick with a plan so it's not too shabby. I hope that you ladies are having a fantastic day! See you all tomorrow.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning. I have to say that when I am following my plan, weigh in days feel like Christmas morning. When I am lax, I absolutely dread them. Today, I saw another decrease. Not quite in Onederland yet but pretty close. Since there has been a slow progression, the weight stays off when I actually see a decrease. Today is 202.4. Also, my clothes are starting to fit a bit differently. This is only day 23 of actually trying to stick with a plan so it's not too shabby. I hope that you ladies are having a fantastic day! See you all tomorrow.
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Dianejonesbsnrn - Congrats on your loss.

To due to some temporary changes my workouts have not been as consistent as I would like. I am trying to workout in the evenings. Yesterday was actually sort of nice, I got home with a lot of energy and woke up like the energizer bunny - I will see how the rest of the week goes.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Things are still going pretty well with my 5:2 fasting (way of eating), I don't wanna call it a diet because it doesnt feel like a diet. I have already dropped 2.2lbs in one week I'm sure that will decrease soon but it feels really good for now. My main focus is making it to the gym or getting some form of exercise at least twice a week. I will say the Fitbit challenges are helping to get me up and out for walks.
    Options
    It was too humid together, felt lethargic so no physical activity today. Tomorrow I will be doing chair zumba for the 1st time. Have some knee problems so I'll see how that works out.