Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• knitnbabe
    knitnbabe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finally went back to the gym today. I changed my job to work from home full time, so I hope I am back into the swing of things. Hope to go 3x a week
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good on tracking my food yesterday and on Monday. Got a workout in yesterday. Some clothes fit tight so I really need to get on track. Just take it one day at a time.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Tracked all of my food yesterday and stayed within my goal.

I reset my goal weight on the site to about 25 pounds by the end of the year. I think if I break up my goal weight loss it will help motivate me more. I think I kept using the fact that it might be a while to reach 70 pounds lost as an excuse to slack off.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So, my last accountability post was last June :o No bueno! I would love to have some ladies join me to start the daily accountability thread. My stats...I hit my all time highest weight (234) this summer. It was a let down. I'm actually sick of stating my intentions and then restating them a year later. So, I'm not here to make promises but I do want to have a place where I'm accountable to like minded individuals. What better place? This summer has been an emotional one. I have finally began to heal some areas of my life that I didn't realize was still bothering me. My triggers for overeating seem to not be as prevalent. I'll take a of the positivity that I can get! Small victories are still victories. Catch you ladies later B)
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning MFP family. Day 2 of my daily accountability. So, I'm having trouble finding something that I actually like doing so that I'm moving everyday. Last night after work, I did 90 minutes of gardening that was surprisingly work out worthy! The bending, pulling, lifting and shoveling left me with a nice sweat. While this was awesome, I'm thinking that weight training may be something that I could stick to, with a little cardio. What are you ladies doing for your workouts? Have a great day!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Last night I did a T25 workout, and tonight is an aerial arts class, and tomorrow is my pole class. I finally made it into the healthy BMI range on 8/14 (the top of the range, but it still counts) and I am really motivated to keep going to stay in the healthy BMI range.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Tonight is pole. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do tomorrow evening.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello jdhcm2006 and all of you other ladies out there doing the damn thing! Yesterday, I had a hard time with my diary (still working on my inputs). I ate very clean during the day and was famished by the end of the day! So I ate like a crazy person during my thumbs down time (named that for a reason). Back at it again today. What is T25? I need something exciting. I used to take pole dance classes but my work schedule got in the way. It was SO much fun and burned a ton of calories. Let me know how that pole dance went. Catch you guys later!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Hello jdhcm2006 and all of you other ladies out there doing the damn thing! Yesterday, I had a hard time with my diary (still working on my inputs). I ate very clean during the day and was famished by the end of the day! So I ate like a crazy person during my thumbs down time (named that for a reason). Back at it again today. What is T25? I need something exciting. I used to take pole dance classes but my work schedule got in the way. It was SO much fun and burned a ton of calories. Let me know how that pole dance went. Catch you guys later!

T25 is a workout dvd series by Shaun T, the guy who created Insanity. It's a good cardio workout.

And yeah, pole is great. Hopefully, you'll be able to do it again.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello to you all. So, I just figured out that having scale goals makes me feel intimidated. (good to know after so many years lol). I will be starting my fall semester of school in 2 weeks so I think that I'm going to make up goals for me that are attainable, health focused and activity focused. There are 18 weeks, including this week, until the week after my semester. I haven't come up with anything concrete but I'm thinking of doing the super shred (maybe twice) and paleo eating in between for nutrition and couch to 5K, weight lifting and something else for activity. I don't have particular goals in mind as of now but I think that I could focus on those things better than my gravitational pull on earth. :D I'm getting really excited!

jdhcm2006, I'll look into that. I did Zumba before and loved it. You look VERY strong in your pic btw. Have a great day ladies!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Thanks @PermissionGranted. That sounds like a great plan that you have. Focusing on health and activity goals is awesome.

Tonight is aerial arts for me. It's a different studio, so I'm not sure how the class will go, but I'm going to do my best.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning ladies. So, I've been listening to my body and rethinking some of my data that I have used to calculate my calories for weight loss. I have always gone for the -2lbs/week. Why...besides the fact that I just want this extra weight off as soon as possible, I don't have a better reason. It would be fine if it has actually worked. -2lbs gives me under 1500 calories and I'm usually starving by the end of the day because I work 4-5 12hr shifts a week and I'm running around for those 12 hours. Even if I don't go to the gym, I'm burning more calories than I think that I am. I had a device that calculated my actual calorie burn before so I know that its true. I may have to fire that up again. I changed to -1lb/week and it has changed my input to just about what I have been consuming from hunger, not bored mindless eating. With that increase, I've still seen a drop but more investigating is needed. Have a great day ladies!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello to you all. Not much to report today. I worked overnight last night so my entire day is thrown off. I'll be starting couch to 10k tomorrow! Catch you guys later!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello ladies! I started couch to 10K today. I definitely could have run longer but I'm going to follow the program. This is an exercise in patience as well as endurance. I also realized that it's 14 weeks until Thanksgiving week so I will be signing up for a turkey run here in Philadelphia on Thanksgiving day. Have a great day
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning to you all! Yesterday, the family and I went to an amusement park and it was closed to the union (IBEW 98) so NO LINES! With that being said, there were many jogs up several flights of stairs to the water rides. Today will be my first day with weight training. Not for sure what that will look like but I'll keep you posted. Have a great day!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I was out of town for a few days, so no workouts. I knew I was going to be eating more than usual and unable to do thorough calorie counting, so I made sure to not eat back exercise calories last week and made sure to workout more than the norm.

Tonight is my aerial arts class which includes work on the trapeze bar and silks.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good day, good people! Yesterday was my first night experimenting with bodyweight training. I really appreciated not needing equipment or anything special to complete the weight training. I'm looking forward to perfecting it!. I also completed my second day of couch to 10k. Have a great day ladies!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Tonight is pole.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello. Today was rest day. A bit sore but it feels great! Tomorrow is my final day of couch to 10k Week 1. I hope that you ladies are doing well. jdhcm2006, WORK IT on the pole! Have a great night.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello to you lovely ladies. I completed week 1 on couch to 10k! This is a small but very important accomplishment for me so today I celebrate. Tomorrow, I'm going to try out this weight training circuit that I found on MFP. Have a great day ladies. Also today, I have an 11 day streak for posting on the daily accountability thread here. This has helped me tremendously. It's sort of like a journal and daily motivation. Even if no one reads my post it will be awesome to see the journey once my change happens. Have a beautiful day.