Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to spin tonight. I think I'm going to try to make it to 1-2 classes a week, 2 is ideal, but my schedule doesn't always allow for it.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This week has been trying but I'm coming out shiny on the other end of the *kitten* river. I'll take it. I think that week 4 in general has been difficult for me because of boredom and fear. I'm glad to say that I'm on my way to week 5! Lifestyle this time, not smaller for any other reason. My run Tuesday made me hesitant to complete my couch to 10k this week but I changed some things around and killed it this morning! See you ladies tomorrow.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I struggled hard during spin yesterday. My thighs were over it in the first 5 minutes. I seriously wanted to get up and leave, but I was already there and I had already paid, so... But I finished it and I did my best. I think my body is just tired. It's needs a rest, but tonight is my private pole lesson, so it won't get it tonight.

I won't do any outright working out tomorrow, but I do have to work tomorrow evening and it's a lot of walking and stairs so I guess it's an active rest day, lol.

Sunday will be a legit, do nothing at all but sit and watch tv, rest day. :D
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Update: my pole teacher had to reschedule my private from tonight to tomorrow afternoon. So tonight is a rest day, and tomorrow is pole before going to work.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 completed of couch to 10k! On to week 5. My weight lifting is going well also. I just need to tighten up my diet. Goal for next week: meal planning. Looking forward to our gains for this upcoming week! Stay strong ladies!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Yesterday I ended up doing about 30-45 minutes of pole work at home bc I was bored. Still have my private & work today, and tomorrow will still be a full out rest day.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Today was a rest day. Gearing up for my next week of running and weight lifting. Any tips on what works for your meal planning regimen? See you all tomorrow!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Today was not a rest day. I did about an hour of pole work today. Trying to work out the kinks in my routine for the Open House which is next month.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    I was reading a post a little while back and it said something to the effect of success being based around diligence and not motivation. I can understand that now. It's easy to be motivated in the beginning. It's almost like new relationship energy. With time, the excitement will wax and wane (spelling) but as long as your activity isn't based on how you feel but on staying the course no matter how you feel, that's when progress happens. I'm in week 5 of my running program and couldn't imagine running for longer than a minute at a time. Now, I'm running for 3 minutes at a time and it isn't killing me. Stay strong ladies
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Strength training completed. Making gains! Stay strong.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Yesterday was an unplanned rest day b/c I had to help my sister out with somethings. Today is aerial class.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Aerial went well yesterday, learned a few new things. Tonight is pole and I'm excited b/c I'm hoping we're going to work on the Marley move we learned last week. I could use some work on it.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    The Marley move sounds interesting (google!) Lol. Today, I completed my couch to 10k run. It was a little rough today but I finished it. Rest or lift day tomorrow...not sure yet. Stay strong ladies!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Yes, the Marley is an interesting move. It really takes letting go of your fear and just doing it, plus a good strong core and knee grip, lol.

Tonight is a private pole lesson. The showcase is in 6 weeks, so I'm trying to whip my routine into shape.

Awesome job completing your run yesterday.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    It looks like it takes a really strong core and balance. Good luck with it. Today is a rest day for me. Gearing up to finishing the week strong. Couch to 10k run tomorrow before my 12hr shift that begins at 515am. Really early night tonight. See you ladies tomorrow.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    No workout tonight b/c I will be working, but I will be walking around and climbing stairs all evening so it's not a sit on my butt night, lol.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    No workout today :-( I'm under the weather. My lungs are so junky and my breathing is taking a hit. I will probably have to repeat a week of my running program as well but I refuse to quit. Keep me in your workout thoughts!
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Strep throat and sick lungs
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    @PermissionGranted girl I hope you feel better soon. I always get strep, I know how much it sucks. Rest and fluids are going to be your best friend.

Saturday, I did some weight/strength training for about an hour. Tonight is spin.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Thanks jdhcm2006. I've been resting, taking some meds and downing fluids. Things are starting to turn around but my lungs still feel affected. Patiently/Impatiently waiting to be whole again.