Options
2»

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I got several bags of pepper/onion blend
    The carbs in those are higher than I'd like (compared to broccoli & cauliflower at least) but if it fits your macros then cool!

Yeah, I'm probably one of higher-lower carb people here lol. I'm currently trying to just keep carbs under 100g a day right now (seem to hit in the 70-90 range most often).
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @Sarasmaintaining please be careful with peanuts and cashews, they are more legume than nut, almonds are better for you. Although if numbers are low a couple of spoons of sugar free peanut butter is good and helps with a sweet/carb craving.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    RisiM wrote: »
    @Sarasmaintaining please be careful with peanuts and cashews, they are more legume than nut, almonds are better for you. Although if numbers are low a couple of spoons of sugar free peanut butter is good and helps with a sweet/carb craving.

What's wrong with legumes? Isn't that the group that beans and peas come from?

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think that suggestion was made strictly from the carb point of view. I don't know any other reason, personally.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I think the legumes warning was for me. Though they are higher in carbs I do recall that you keep a higher level intake than I do.

Thank you everyone!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I bought a HUGE bag of almond flour and 4 different flavors of stevia for my coffee right before I was told to quit eating both, does that count?

We don't end up eating fresh vegetation, so it goes to waste. I'm mostly buying frozen now. Oh, and I bought 3 kinds of goat cheese at the farmer's market, then realized that I had no idea what to do with it if spreading it on toast was no longer an option.

Stuff your chicken with goat cheese, or just lick it off their fingers like I do, it's delicious lol
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with legumes? Isn't that the group that beans and peas come from?

Food for thought: http://whole9life.com/2012/09/the-legume-manifesto/
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    If you make chocolate flavored fat bombs, Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder is really good. The only place I could find it (without ordering online) was at Whole Foods. And you might see if they have Cocoa Butter.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
    Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs

WHen I was making keto hot chocolate, ghiradelli was the best. I don't touch hershey's, so freaking gross.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    If you make chocolate flavored fat bombs, Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder is really good. The only place I could find it (without ordering online) was at Whole Foods. And you might see if they have Cocoa Butter.

I hope this helps,

Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs

WHen I was making keto hot chocolate, ghiradelli was the best. I don't touch hershey's, so freaking gross.
    Hersheys taste like burnt coffee to me. Yetchhh! I will say though, that I had good luck with Toll House Cocoa powder. I haven't done a back-to-back comparison of it with Gheredelli, but at least it doesn't taste burnt.

Cocoa Dusted Nuts Recipe
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I ordered some of the Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa today, on your recommendation Dan! Also, I have made the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers two times now. I had never eaten a popper for fear of spice, but when I saw the recipe you posted along with everyone else's helpful tips too I had to try them. I love them and so does my family!

Thanks everyone!