Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Valerie
    We suspect that we killed it with overheating. Some Critter had built a nest in it and that was blocking most of the air flow. Hopefully the repair parts I ordered will do the trick. The Shop wanted too much money.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, its Wednesday.
    Lots to do today..nothing exciting, just 'stuff'. :)
    We must have had some wild weather last night...as usual, I slept well. :) I did see an inch of rain in the gauge this morning. Hot again today, and not stormy, but threat of possible rain.
    Watching news this morning, I see thousands without electricity, new additions to homes...mostly very green, like trees, and also unfortunately home fires from lightening strikes.....and I slept well.

Cats are fed, thinking about feeding me next. Then off to do my chores.

Roger, you may have accidentally told me what could be my mowers issue.. Will check the air filter, and look for critter nests... will let you know what I find.

Everybody have a great day...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,725 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! More exciting storms last night but it got quiet early enough for me to get some decent sleep.

Lilo and I are fed and the dishwasher is running. I need to remember to get some beef short ribs (boneless) into a slow cooker with some barbecue sauce before going to work my long middle today.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It is a rainy drizzly on and off rain day. I Got up, looked out the Window said to myself it is still dry, Ate part of my banana, Got dressed to walk and it was starting to rain. So no walk today outdoors.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good Morning, its Wednesday.
    Lots to do today..nothing exciting, just 'stuff'. :)
    We must have had some wild weather last night...as usual, I slept well. :) I did see an inch of rain in the gauge this morning. Hot again today, and not stormy, but threat of possible rain.
    Watching news this morning, I see thousands without electricity, new additions to homes...mostly very green, like trees, and also unfortunately home fires from lightening strikes.....and I slept well.

Cats are fed, thinking about feeding me next. Then off to do my chores.

Roger, you may have accidentally told me what could be my mowers issue.. Will check the air filter, and look for critter nests... will let you know what I find.

Everybody have a great day...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Our clue was that we could see heat wave rising when it was off and the engine racing, The Speed governor is a vane that the cooling air moves and the Critter nest had blocked it in full speed position in addition to blocking the cooling.

It has a Briggs and Stratton 500 series engine. I could not find a link to a service manual online that did not try to foist malicious software or want me to pay or mine my email address and name.

What we had to do was remove the top plastic cover that covers where the pull start was and then pull a few bolts and remove the big plastic shroud. Then The critter nest was easy to see and remove. I used a brush and a can of Air that I bought to blow out the computer on it.
    Tools needed were a 1/4" Socket set and a flat screwdriver to pry the one cover loose.

I suspect that You might find a YouTube Video showing how to do it for whatever engine You have.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, I do have a Briggs and Stratton engine, not sure which one..will have to look.
    I will try to look for a uTube...if not I will look for DS1 !!! He can do these things, just not always a quickly as I may like. Meanwhile, kid next door (yep, the one who ran thru my flowers and shrubs..is cutting my grass.

I would like to pay this kid $10 or so bucks a week to take care of my grass and trimming...his Mother won't hear of it...says he needs to do for 'others' like neighbors, etc. SO...I saw her this morning and made a proposal...I will pay him $10 to cut the lawn, and he in turn will donate the $10 to a charity at church. (Catholic)... She's thinking about it. I thought it was a fair proposal....I just can't let him do it for totally free. And essentially he would still be doing it for free, BUT he would also know his money was doing good for folks who really need help. I dunno...

Ok, need to eat my lunch, run to Publix for 3 items, and to the gym for a workout... I only walked yesterday..need to walk and do weights today.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Kat
    This is the Customer support Portal for Briggs & Stratton
    http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support
    The Briggs & Stratton customer support portal is designed to help you answer questions you may have about your Briggs & Stratton engine or Briggs & Stratton branded product. Our U.S.-based Answer Center Representatives are available Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM CST. Engines: (800) 444-7774 and Generators and Pressure Washers: (800) 743-4115.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    As of today, I am Officially Retired!!! From now on I work for ME....pay is lousy, but the commute is short, and the hours are very flexible!

Had a good workout at the gym, and got all my errands done. Now just waiting to chat with DS1. :)
    Its been a good day!!!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Have to do a quick howdy and get dressed and off to work, as I have to be there at 9:00 and TRAFFIC....

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, thanks for the link!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Thursday morning!
    House cleaning today, visiting with my DIL and my brother tomorrow.
    Not that much to do really, just a little 'tweaking' here and there.
    Its trash to the curb night, so need to make sure the refrigerator is cleaned out, and the recycles ready.
    In other words, needed day, not overly busy day...planning a trip to the gym, for a TM walk.

Ed, hope you don't get tied up in traffic. Shouldn't be too bad at nine. (at least that's the lie I always tell myself!)

It was 70 degrees when I got up, so I opened up the house. Feels good. Nice sunshine thru the tree leaves. I have new neighbors, they saw me outside yesterday getting my mail..came over and introduced themselves.

I think I need a second cup of coffee :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning today, Humidity in the Comfortable range, maybe 48% and 66 degrees. You can be sure I walked today, Heck, I almost sweated too. Then I came home, Ate the 2nd half of My Morning Banana, Mowed the Lawn and then had Breakfast. 2.75 Miles + whatever exercise the mowing provided.

Then as I was in the basement pulling frozen from the freezer to bring up to the kitchen for the rest of today and the next four days menus I heard someone knocking on the front Door. I had forgotten it was meter reading day. I now have today's and the next four days menus created. Tomorrow I will have to tackle changing the Fill assembly for one of the toilets. Oh Well :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    As of today, I am Officially Retired!!! From now on I work for ME....pay is lousy, but the commute is short, and the hours are very flexible!

Had a good workout at the gym, and got all my errands done. Now just waiting to chat with DS1. :)
    Its been a good day!!!
    Good Thursday morning!
    House cleaning today, visiting with my DIL and my brother tomorrow.
    Not that much to do really, just a little 'tweaking' here and there.
    Its trash to the curb night, so need to make sure the refrigerator is cleaned out, and the recycles ready.
    In other words, needed day, not overly busy day...planning a trip to the gym, for a TM walk.

Ed, hope you don't get tied up in traffic. Shouldn't be too bad at nine. (at least that's the lie I always tell myself!)

It was 70 degrees when I got up, so I opened up the house. Feels good. Nice sunshine thru the tree leaves. I have new neighbors, they saw me outside yesterday getting my mail..came over and introduced themselves.

I think I need a second cup of coffee :)

Later...

Hi Valerie as You can see from my opening post the Mower is working well. Now If I only had the magic touch. I pull and pull and pull to start it. My Brother pulls it twice and it is running :)

They Picked up our recycles already. Two more weeks until the next pickUp.

I hope Your new Boss treats You well :)

It was so nice out this morning, One more day of low humidity and then back to humid, oh Well

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, glad the mower is working well! I hear you about the magic touch. I seldom had it either.

Can't believe you only get recycles picked up every other week. Jeeze, I'd have a mountain of it. We have bins, and I fill one full every week. Sometimes have to resort to also using a bin from the past collection company! I am contemplating getting a wheeled cart, like the trash goes into..

I think my 'new boss' and I have an understanding... there are expectations, and there are realities!!! Which is why some days you will see me post that I did everything on my chores list. That is the expectation, the realities/outcomes sometimes differ!! :)

It was cool here this morning. I had porch door and front door open (screened of course..bugs down here are terrible.) It ends as of today though. More hot and humidity for the south.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    It's getting late. Just took the next piece of chicken (for the sugar gliders) out of the toaster oven to cool a bit before I plate it and cover with plastic wrap. That will be a large chunk of their protein for several days. They love their chicken!

I had leftover short ribs for dinner, with leftover baby lima beans and a small serving of mashed potatoes. I made a nice tofu and veggie stir fry for J served over steamed rice. He has leftovers for another meal too.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Friday Morning..or TGIF which ever you prefer! :)
    Laundry going, enjoying coffee and morning sunshine. Still cool enough to have the back door open. Cats ate, but no tip again today...freeloaders!! LOL!
    I may make a quick trip to the grocery for an item I forgot on Wednesday.
    Finished reading Harper Lee's new book. No review..it was interesting. Not sure I'd say buy it...read it as an e-book, or borrow from the library. Its a pretty quick read.
    About 5 minutes with the Dyson should be my only other chore besides that laundry that's washing.

Have a good day, stay cool as possible...I think we'll all be hot for the rest of the summer.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working a long middle today, to total 33 hours for the week, and then I'm scheuled off for three glorious days! We have out of town company coming (she'll be arriving tonight, while I'm at work actually) so I tried to schedule as much time off as possible while she's here.

Lilo is fed and so am I, so now to play on the net for a few minutes before having to shower and other stuff to get ready for work.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning outside today, I walked to McDonalds for Coffee and covered 2.75 miles. I almost broke a sweat it is so nice, Low Humidity and it was 65 degrees when I left :)
    Currently I have windows open in the front and back of the house rather than running the AC.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Roger, glad the mower is working well! I hear you about the magic touch. I seldom had it either.

Can't believe you only get recycles picked up every other week. Jeeze, I'd have a mountain of it. We have bins, and I fill one full every week. Sometimes have to resort to also using a bin from the past collection company! I am contemplating getting a wheeled cart, like the trash goes into..

I think my 'new boss' and I have an understanding... there are expectations, and there are realities!!! Which is why some days you will see me post that I did everything on my chores list. That is the expectation, the realities/outcomes sometimes differ!! :)

It was cool here this morning. I had porch door and front door open (screened of course..bugs down here are terrible.) It ends as of today though. More hot and humidity for the south.

Later...
    Good Friday Morning..or TGIF which ever you prefer! :)
    Laundry going, enjoying coffee and morning sunshine. Still cool enough to have the back door open. Cats ate, but no tip again today...freeloaders!! LOL!
    I may make a quick trip to the grocery for an item I forgot on Wednesday.
    Finished reading Harper Lee's new book. No review..it was interesting. Not sure I'd say buy it...read it as an e-book, or borrow from the library. Its a pretty quick read.
    About 5 minutes with the Dyson should be my only other chore besides that laundry that's washing.

Have a good day, stay cool as possible...I think we'll all be hot for the rest of the summer.

Later...

Hi Kat
    Not TGIF as now that I do not work it is unimportant :)

Every other Week works for us. Most of it is the Empty water bottles, Yogurt cups and the plastic trays from the NutriSystem Dinners. A little bit of cardboard and rarely some glass. The Town handed out one Blue Garbage can for recycles and one Blue rectangular container for paper when they brought in recycling. You can also get one bundle of leaf and grass clipping bags and they pick them up every two weeks on a different day.

It has been so nice the last two days with low humidity and cool in the mornings, I know we will be paying for this weather later this summer.

I agree reality and expectations do not coincide well. :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working a long middle today, to total 33 hours for the week, and then I'm scheduled off for three glorious days! We have out of town company coming (she'll be arriving tonight, while I'm at work actually) so I tried to schedule as much time off as possible while she's here.

Lilo is fed and so am I, so now to play on the net for a few minutes before having to shower and other stuff to get ready for work.

Hi Ed
    Three consecutive days off sounds nice, Enjoy!

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    HA! We all have the weekend 'off', and Ed gets a long weekend! YEA!

Mid 70's here already, and HUMID!!! But, then its July!! August, and about half of September and we'll be out of the worst of it!

Cats are fed, and I'm thinking about it. :) Going to make up a batch of hummus later today or tomorrow, and I am out of cooked rice, so time to make a big batch in the rice cooker. Have some seitan and a big bag of 'stir fry' veggies in the freezer. So, I'll not be hungry this weekend!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Off today, but we do have an orchid society board meeting this afternoon in Sandy Springs. I need to do Big Water as I haven't gotten around to that this week in the house!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I woke up early this morning 5:45 and after looking out the LR window, decided to start my walk early due to what last nights weather forecast was saying. I was out the door at 6:05 AM, Saw a fair amount of others walking, jogging and walking their dogs, probably for the same reason. Sunrise was around 5:45 but I never did see the Sun through the overcast. Sometime after 8AM The forecast Thunderstorms and rain arrived so I made the right decision starting early. Nicer looking day now with more Thunderstorms forecast for later on.
    2.75 miles walk today. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer & even higher humidity.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    HA! We all have the weekend 'off', and Ed gets a long weekend! YEA!

Mid 70's here already, and HUMID!!! But, then its July!! August, and about half of September and we'll be out of the worst of it!

Cats are fed, and I'm thinking about it. :) Going to make up a batch of hummus later today or tomorrow, and I am out of cooked rice, so time to make a big batch in the rice cooker. Have some seitan and a big bag of 'stir fry' veggies in the freezer. So, I'll not be hungry this weekend!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    As You can see we are getting humid up here too. THI around 100 degrees tomorrow.

Those Rice Cookers sure are handy. I have one that I have used in the past. It eliminated a Burnt rice smell in the kitchen if I forgot to keep checking the pan on the stove. It was really cheap too.

Plus it can be used to heat or warm liquid.

Enjoy Your Days Off
    Roger

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Roger,
    Glad you go your walk in! How many days a week are you walking?
    Rice cooker and I have our 'differences', but over all it is a good thing. It will also steam vegetables, cook my lentils, and is supposed to bake a cake...I'll pass on the cake. :)
    I cooked brown basmati this morning. Will have enough for a few dinners, and several packages to freeze. That's what I really like. I use plastic freezer bags, pat the rice so its flat all over the bag, and put a book in the freezer lay my bags of rice on it so that they freeze flat. File them like sheets of paper in my freezer, and I can take them out, break off whatever amount I want, pop in the microwave, and I've got rice for dinner!!!

I had my fav. spinach breakfast, augmented with toasted walnuts, kidney beans, mushrooms, onions, garlic and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Had that with a hearty slice of fresh bread, with mashed avocado and tomato slices.!!!

How's your garden these days? Hope the critters aren't around anymore. I'm thinking about doing a fall garden. Never works for me because I always start it too late, trying to get just a few more tomatoes, cukes, etc. But since there is NOTHING in the garden now, I can plant when needed. We'll see. I'm thinking at least some of the pesky bugs will be gone. That would be a plus!

Ok, watch a few more minutes of the news, and then I think there's a nap in my future!! Had lunch with my brother and SIL yesterday. Linda started telling me what they do with their days...they are really active golf 3 times a week, and swimming, and dancing, and some less active activities like pool, and darts, etc. But Linda had a nap EVERY Day after lunch!! So, guess its not 'just me' who's napping. LOL!!

Later...