Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,711 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working a long middle today, but it's not supposed to be quite as hot as it's been earlier in the week.

Spent a big chunk of time yesterday working on name change, some done online, some via phone call, some requiring submission of copies of papers. Most are being quite reasonable about it as it's just adding a hyphen and appending J's last name to mine, but some are still insisting on all the legal paperwork, which I suppose I shouldn't complain about as it IS more secure.

Dishwasher is going now.

Later gators!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good very late Friday Morning!
    Read LeeAnns post, not with surprise, but a bit of sadness. Gonna miss her, but school does come first.

Deer...um Roger....THEY WILL EAT EVERYTHING! When I took my Master Gardeners Final Exam, one of the questions was "name 2 things Deer will not eat"....Answer.... Plastic Flowers and garden hoses!!!
    That would explain the marigolds...

Ed, I think having to deal with so many hoops to jump thru with name changes is frustrating. That said, you're right about it adding a level of security.

I have lallygagged all morning...starting with sleeping til 8a.m.!! Reading EVERYTHING I was interested in online, and now I need to get my act together! My main goals are only two....,spend at least 2 sessions with my organizational app, and finding a supply of my Sobe water. Will check Walmart, if not there, I will try Publix, and after that, random spot checks at other Walmarts/Publix in the area. I'd hit Kroger, but to the best of my knowledge they do not stock Sobe's. Hopefully this will not take ALL the rest of the day!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking this morning, Another beautiful morning when I left around 6:25AM and less than 70 degrees, Currently it is 88 degrees and feels hot. I ended up walking 2.8 miles.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I don't like just fading away. Silly as it sounds, it seems...rude, somewhat disrespectful to you folks. You have all been great online buddies. With that in mind, I am letting you know I am taking a break. I just am not able to keep up with everything right now, and meeting you folks here is taking a back seat to other things.

I hope to check back in with you folks in the future and hear about all the wonderful things happening to everyone.

Here's to healthy eating,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann

It does not seem silly, It is much appreciated letting up know.

Don't be a stranger. We will be here whenever. As we say on another forum, "Real Comes first"

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good very late Friday Morning!
    Read LeeAnns post, not with surprise, but a bit of sadness. Gonna miss her, but school does come first.

Deer...um Roger....THEY WILL EAT EVERYTHING! When I took my Master Gardeners Final Exam, one of the questions was "name 2 things Deer will not eat"....Answer.... Plastic Flowers and garden hoses!!!
    That would explain the marigolds...

Ed, I think having to deal with so many hoops to jump thru with name changes is frustrating. That said, you're right about it adding a level of security.

I have lallygagged all morning...starting with sleeping til 8a.m.!! Reading EVERYTHING I was interested in online, and now I need to get my act together! My main goals are only two....,spend at least 2 sessions with my organizational app, and finding a supply of my Sobe water. Will check Walmart, if not there, I will try Publix, and after that, random spot checks at other Walmarts/Publix in the area. I'd hit Kroger, but to the best of my knowledge they do not stock Sobe's. Hopefully this will not take ALL the rest of the day!!

Later...

Hi Kat
    Yup, Deer explains much. I know they ate a fair amount of expensive plantings on my sister one year. The only permanent cure is plastic grass and pavers.

My new FitBit Zip is out for delivery. I know I'm cheap but steps was what I was interested in. :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    It is HOT out there! I about melted. I did have to go to Walmart for my Sobe's...the supermarket near me has not stocked them all week. There about 8 bottles, of 2 different flavors i don't like, and they just keep rearranging them...AARG. In all truth I don't think its the fault of the market...Pepsi distributes the drink, AND they stock the shelves...

Sorry your sister lost plants to deer. Plastic grass, pavers, or a good electric fence!!!

I know you're anxious to get your new Fitbit!!! And no sense paying for features you don't want!

Off to feed my poor cats in their fur coats...god bless them, they have to be miserable!

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Saturday! Working a short middle today, and need to get a small half ham into a slow cooker before leaving, so it will be all done for sandwiches for a few days. I guess I'll mix up some kind of glaze for it, but a light one. It shouldn't really need anything but being heated.

I need to water indoor plants today too, before I go.

But first, finish this tea. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Too warm outside, not to mention too humid for walking or even door opening. It was forecast to be 70, but it never got below 75...yuck!

Ed, hope your short middle gets you out of the 'hot box' before it gets too nasty outside.

My brother & SIL are still in town this weekend, and are coming over for lunch. Should be fun!
    I'm hoping to get a few gym minutes in before that happens. Have only been twice this week...not good.

My two cats seem to be having a snit. :) I'm staying out of it! LOL!! If they want to spat in the summer let them, its when its winter and we're having freezing temps at night that I hate to see them in a fuss. They NEED to sleep in the same box together to be warm. Certainly not the case right now!

Hope everyone has a great day,

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking this morning, Again :)
    I ended up walking 3.05 miles Plus a run to Costco where I blitzed through buying the three items I had on my list, Light & Fit Greek Yogurt 18 pack on sale until 8-2 for $9.99, 2 ten packs of the Kleenex Family size on sale for $14.19 and two 5 pond bags of Frozen Normandy Mix vegetables @ $6.49. Each bag is 40 servings so cheaper than the 4 serving size when on sale at the Grocery store @ 99cents.

It was 68 degrees and 37% humidity when I went out this morning at 6:20AM.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger

P.S. I added a
    NS Equivalent Entrees From Feb 10 2015 by Michelle (m2marsh) here

I am posting the 24 images (pages) of Entrees.

This set of 24 images is the complete NS Equivalent Entrees by Michelle from the Old NutriSystem Forums. These can be used if You run short of NS food before a delivery or to aid when You Flex.
    It is HOT out there! I about melted. I did have to go to Walmart for my Sobe's...the supermarket near me has not stocked them all week. There about 8 bottles, of 2 different flavors i don't like, and they just keep rearranging them...AARG. In all truth I don't think its the fault of the market...Pepsi distributes the drink, AND they stock the shelves...

Sorry your sister lost plants to deer. Plastic grass, pavers, or a good electric fence!!!

I know you're anxious to get your new Fitbit!!! And no sense paying for features you don't want!

Off to feed my poor cats in their fur coats...god bless them, they have to be miserable!

Hi Valerie
    The Replacement FitBit arrived with the evening mail. So I did the transfer to using it with the account and wore it walking this morning. So far between the walking, Costco, yard work I am showing 10,194 steps, 4.55 miles and 1833 calories For today. :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    Too warm outside, not to mention too humid for walking or even door opening. It was forecast to be 70, but it never got below 75...yuck!

Ed, hope your short middle gets you out of the 'hot box' before it gets too nasty outside.

My brother & SIL are still in town this weekend, and are coming over for lunch. Should be fun!
    I'm hoping to get a few gym minutes in before that happens. Have only been twice this week...not good.

My two cats seem to be having a snit. :) I'm staying out of it! LOL!! If they want to spat in the summer let them, its when its winter and we're having freezing temps at night that I hate to see them in a fuss. They NEED to sleep in the same box together to be warm. Certainly not the case right now!

Hope everyone has a great day,

Later...

Hi Again
    If You look at my opening part of this post You can see that my weather is much better than You are experiencing.

I hate when we get weather like You are having.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, glad your new Fitbit arrived and you are wearing it! I once read that if you walked every isle in Whole Foods, it would be the equivalent of walking a mile...I think you just proved that!

Yes, your weather is MUCH better than ours for now. We will hold with overly warm (hot) days and elevated humidities til about mid September...it will end...we can only hope for a long fall season, cuz I remember what comes after that!!!!

Had a great visit with my Texas brother, and a fun lunch as well. Put the top down on his convertible on the way home. Hated to see him leave. But since his daughter is here, and those grandbabies....I know they'll be back!! :)

For now, on with my day....
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning All
    74 degrees and 73% humidity!?!?? I think I'll stay in this morning! 74 would be great...but I don't need that humidity. :)
    Have a load of laundry going, and not much else. Will go to the gym this morning, immediately after church!
    Kids sent pix from their balcony at Hilton Head Island, NC......I am officially jealous!

Ed, how's your work schedule today? I hope its another short day. Whats happening in your gardens? Haven't seen any flower pix for awhile. My crepe myrtles are blooming, and a ton of black eyed susans..some kind of little yellow almost daisy looking flowers that have been in my front bed for years...it was in a little 4X4 pot and I bought several pots, and they reseed and come back every year. Only about 6 inches tall, but cute!
    I have been beset with Jap. beetles.....ugh. Where did they come from???? My poor roses...

See Roger if its not one thing with the garden its another! Though I'm glad to not have deer. I think they are the worst. I could spray for the beetles, (but wont cuz of the bees) or I can hand pick the little buggers....can't do either with a deer!!! And my vacationing family has squirrels eating their tomatoes...so they netted them finally in hopes of getting some late tomatoes. Jack also set a rat trap inside the netting thinking maybe ..... well all he caught was a toad. He really felt badly about that!
    Other kid of mine doesn't garden at all...he has no idea the headaches he's missing! LOL!!! He did text me yesterday said the next dog he gets he will name Pavlov. I suspect he and Maya are having a difference of opinion about something!!! :)

Ok, before I wear out your eyes!

Later...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Again, already! I have a long middle today, but will spend most of it in the air conditioned comfort of my kiosk.

Need to go eat some ham now and get this big crock pot of beans going with the ham broth from yesterday's ham cooking.

• surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I live on the west coast.... can I post just before I go to bed? 8 )
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked 2.79 miles = 7700 steps according to the FB Zip. Yesterdays Dew Point was in the 50s and this mornings is in the 60s and going up to the 70s later today. No Breeze except from passing cars, Warm & Moderately Humid and I did work up a sweat.

Later this upcoming week the temperatures and Humidity climb. They are showing a low of 78 overnight later this week. I may not walk that morning or I may shortcut the walk. :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Roger, glad your new Fitbit arrived and you are wearing it! I once read that if you walked every isle in Whole Foods, it would be the equivalent of walking a mile...I think you just proved that!

Yes, your weather is MUCH better than ours for now. We will hold with overly warm (hot) days and elevated humidities til about mid September...it will end...we can only hope for a long fall season, cuz I remember what comes after that!!!!

Had a great visit with my Texas brother, and a fun lunch as well. Put the top down on his convertible on the way home. Hated to see him leave. But since his daughter is here, and those grandbabies....I know they'll be back!! :)

For now, on with my day....

Hi Valerie
    As You can see we do get periods of steamy weather, just not quite as hot as You get.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Sunday Morning All
    74 degrees and 73% humidity!?!?? I think I'll stay in this morning! 74 would be great...but I don't need that humidity. :)
    Have a load of laundry going, and not much else. Will go to the gym this morning, immediately after church!
    Kids sent pix from their balcony at Hilton Head Island, NC......I am officially jealous!

Ed, how's your work schedule today? I hope its another short day. Whats happening in your gardens? Haven't seen any flower pix for awhile. My crepe myrtles are blooming, and a ton of black eyed susans..some kind of little yellow almost daisy looking flowers that have been in my front bed for years...it was in a little 4X4 pot and I bought several pots, and they reseed and come back every year. Only about 6 inches tall, but cute!
    I have been beset with Jap. beetles.....ugh. Where did they come from???? My poor roses...

See Roger if its not one thing with the garden its another! Though I'm glad to not have deer. I think they are the worst. I could spray for the beetles, (but wont cuz of the bees) or I can hand pick the little buggers....can't do either with a deer!!! And my vacationing family has squirrels eating their tomatoes...so they netted them finally in hopes of getting some late tomatoes. Jack also set a rat trap inside the netting thinking maybe ..... well all he caught was a toad. He really felt badly about that!
    Other kid of mine doesn't garden at all...he has no idea the headaches he's missing! LOL!!! He did text me yesterday said the next dog he gets he will name Pavlov. I suspect he and Maya are having a difference of opinion about something!!! :)

Ok, before I wear out your eyes!

Later...

Hi Again
    I have washed the Laundry and it is in the Dryer right now, Huge load too. Mine is all colors and My Brother is getting ready to do a load of whites next.

Deer :(
    Yesterday I had a Sunflower with to blooms on it, This morning I have a Stalk with a few half eaten leafs left, Boo, Hiss :(
    I am not happy with those 4 legged appetites. I did Not plant the Sunflowers for them nor the bean plants that got eaten either.

I wonder if the Squirrels are what got a couple of nearly ripe Cherry tomatoes yesterday?

Cheers
    Roger
    I live on the west coast.... can I post just before I go to bed? 8 )

Hi
    As far as I am concerned, The more the merrier :)
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning! Its Monday :)
    This girl slept late today. (and had gone to bed late (for me) last night....
    Today is an 'at home' day of chores. With a trip to the gym worked in along the way.
    Made myself a great stirfry last night with a bag of frozen broccoli,cauliflower, snap peas, etc and a box of seitan.
    Put my own touch with garlic and ginger root, and the 'universal' sauce...teaspoon cornstarch, tablespoon each of dry sherry and soy sauce....add right at the end, and deliciousness follows! I made sure I had enough for today too! :)

Ok, time to seriously get into my coffee cup!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Working NOT AT ALL today, but do need to run by the bank with some papers. Right now I need to eat some ham for breakfast.

My bean soup yesterday came out absolutely delicious and there IS some leftover, naturally, for additional deliciousness.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Deliciousness appears to be the word of the day!!
    Your Turn Roger!!! (use it well :) )
    Youse guys are the best!, she said in her very bestest Italian voice
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked 2.8 miles this morning, I got out the door around Sunrise and it must have finished raining shortly before that, 88% Humidity. What helped was that the Sun stayed behind the clouds until after I got home. The town does a good job on our parks, After I got my Coffee at McDs I walked a new route and admired the basketball courts, Tennis, Horseshoe pitches, Etc. and the Children's playground. Lots of nicely maintained Grassy area too. Plus when I decide to extend my walks in the future I can walk around part of the park on the Roadway.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Eye halve a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
    Eye strike a key and type a word
    And weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait a weigh.
    As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee fore two long
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rare lea ever wrong.
    Eye have run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect awl the weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.

Good Morning! Its Monday :)
    This girl slept late today. (and had gone to bed late (for me) last night....
    Today is an 'at home' day of chores. With a trip to the gym worked in along the way.
    Made myself a great stirfry last night with a bag of frozen broccoli,cauliflower, snap peas, etc and a box of seitan.
    Put my own touch with garlic and ginger root, and the 'universal' sauce...teaspoon cornstarch, tablespoon each of dry sherry and soy sauce....add right at the end, and deliciousness follows! I made sure I had enough for today too! :)

Ok, time to seriously get into my coffee cup!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I was the opposite of your experience, I was tired last night and went to sleep early, Woke up early and was out the door at Sunrise :)

After a bit of a rest I bestirred myself to clean two of the Toilets, Vacuum the living room, The Kitchen Floor and then got a used Sink sponge and scrubbed the floor in the kitchen. Maybe tomorrow I'll do the bathroom floor, I just plain ran out of get up and go.

I had a Delicious Homegrown tomato with my dinner last night, Ripe and sweet.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Roger!
    Wat a kute poem! (also checker passed LOL!!)

I'm having lunch, and a bit ticked at My Fitness Pal right this minute. I was able to log my breakfast banana, (got distracted and didn't eat anything else!) But as soon as I attempt to log a food onto my lunch it goofs up. I get a postage size gif of a hardwood floor, and thats ALL I get...so I clicked on the floor, and its an ad for Stanley Steamer...arg!!! Maybe later...

Your park sounds great Roger. I am happy to live in a GA county that has made parks a priority, and there are Many of them...within a 5 mile drive I have at least 3 parks...one being the home of the Senior Citz. Haven't gone there, yet.

Ok, my spinach and pasta has cooled enough that I can eat it. I threw in the last of my shelled edamame, and at the end some minced lemon zest from a lemon I cut to put in my water pitcher...of course there is a boat load of onion, and a clove of chopped garlic in there too... now, if I could only post it for a calorie and nutritional count!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Closing tonight, and it's a short shift. There is a decent chance of thunderstorms though.

Not much else on the agenda for today.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Sunny Tuesday Morning!
    Its gonna be another scorching GA day! Some folks, in the city and on the west side got cooling rain..not in my yard!

Agenda...load of light color clothes to wash, trip to the gym.... and whatever...

Months ago when Ted was out, (DS2) we went to the H Mart near my house, an Asian/Korean market. He was looking for something I remember not just what, but we happened upon fresh Lychee's. There was another similar fruit, and when we asked they rattled off a name neither of us had ever heard of... I though and thought all day long and couldn't remember what I thought the American name might be..... and today as I was reading a web site about whole foods nutrition that I subscribe to the 'main/featured in season' fruit was raspberries! In season, nicely nutritious, etc and part of the Rosaceae family along with apples, pears, apricots, peaches, plums, almonds (yep almonds)..... and loquats, LOQUATS!!! the missing word! So started the search...pictures of loquats lychees', longans, etc. Its been an interesting, informative, enjoyable morning in my brain!!! (thank you Google) :):lol:
    It has also left me hungry....so time for breakfast...

Later...