Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Just a quick hello...got distracted by some foodie video's..and I got a late start so I'm really behind.
    Looks like a beautiful morning, and a hot, hot day.
    Running up to see the 'littles' around noon. My Costco didn't have my wild Maine frozen blueberries and Jenn picked up a bag for me. I'm out here so, need to go collect them!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,711 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Off today too. Our out of town company arrived late Friday night and so far the visit has been relatively pleasant, though I'm kind of worn out. May try to get another nap in this morning quickly.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It was 77 degrees at SunRise and Humid. I decided to walk anyway. At least by getting out before 6AM I missed having the sun beat down on me making it even worse. I still worked up a bit of a sweat :)
    2.75 Miles walked despite the weather.

I did get lazy and let my brother pick up 2 Lettuce and some smallish Bananas for me at the ShopRite Grocery Store.

The weather forecasts are showing the THI or as they seem to be calling it now feels like temperatures over 100 Degrees for most of the state including the next town over.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hey Roger,
    Glad you go your walk in! How many days a week are you walking?
    Rice cooker and I have our 'differences', but over all it is a good thing. It will also steam vegetables, cook my lentils, and is supposed to bake a cake...I'll pass on the cake. :)
    I cooked brown basmati this morning. Will have enough for a few dinners, and several packages to freeze. That's what I really like. I use plastic freezer bags, pat the rice so its flat all over the bag, and put a book in the freezer lay my bags of rice on it so that they freeze flat. File them like sheets of paper in my freezer, and I can take them out, break off whatever amount I want, pop in the microwave, and I've got rice for dinner!!!

I had my fav. spinach breakfast, augmented with toasted walnuts, kidney beans, mushrooms, onions, garlic and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Had that with a hearty slice of fresh bread, with mashed avocado and tomato slices.!!!

How's your garden these days? Hope the critters aren't around anymore. I'm thinking about doing a fall garden. Never works for me because I always start it too late, trying to get just a few more tomatoes, cukes, etc. But since there is NOTHING in the garden now, I can plant when needed. We'll see. I'm thinking at least some of the pesky bugs will be gone. That would be a plus!

Ok, watch a few more minutes of the news, and then I think there's a nap in my future!! Had lunch with my brother and SIL yesterday. Linda started telling me what they do with their days...they are really active golf 3 times a week, and swimming, and dancing, and some less active activities like pool, and darts, etc. But Linda had a nap EVERY Day after lunch!! So, guess its not 'just me' who's napping. LOL!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I am probably getting in 6 days a week, depends on the weather.
    I like that method of freezing the rice, Creative :)

Something is/has eaten off all the Marigolds except one right by the steps and most of the Sunflowers. Many of the Green beans survived and I actually picked a few recently and a few Yellow Beans too. I have two Yellow Squash in the refrigerator to fix. We have finally gotten a few Cherry Tomatoes and the first Plum Tomato. 3 peppers. Tons of Green tomatoes, Only one regular size showing any color, Kind of strange! I suspect that when they do ripen we be overloaded with way too many.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Off today too. Our out of town company arrived late Friday night and so far the visit has been relatively pleasant, though I'm kind of worn out. May try to get another nap in this morning quickly.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Hi
    If I had to guess, my guess would be that it is a pleasant worn out.

Enjoy the Company
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    I made my 'run' (in the car) to Sugar Hill, and found my grandchildren and their Dad making 'rockets' from a Utube video. So I sat at the table and began helping. Well, we fired them off, and several actually flew thru the air, several fizzled on the launch pad (stick) and we figured out why, all in all we all have some funny video of our efforts! Was fun! Amazing what you can do with aluminum foil, match stick heads, and a wooden kebob stick!!!

Now, trying to keep my eyes open til it gets just a little later, and I can eat my dinner and go to bed. I have the 'afternoon tireds) :)

Fortunately dinner is cooked, so its only a reheat away! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Only major plan today is a trip to Lawrenceville. We need to stop by the courthouse for a bit and then perhaps the new Mr. Holmes movie which is getting great reviews and stars one of my favorite actors! I figure we'll probably have lunch in Lawrenceville too.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Everybody
    I got a later than planned start with my walking today. Original plan was to be out the door at Sunrise, Sleep intervened and since I do not turn on the alarm function these days I was out the door a hour 10 minutes later :)
    It was 82 degrees and Humid when I got out the door, I took a westerly direction in to keep the morning Sun out of my Eyes and since that also takes me by the Lake on mostly shady routes it helped a little bit. I also chose that routing since I had more than one way to bail out of the walk and cut it short that way. I did get 2.75 miles in but I was in a near terminal sweat condition and worn down by the time I got home. That heat and Humidity takes it out of a person. It is time to create a few new routes for my walking too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    I made my 'run' (in the car) to Sugar Hill, and found my grandchildren and their Dad making 'rockets' from a Utube video. So I sat at the table and began helping. Well, we fired them off, and several actually flew thru the air, several fizzled on the launch pad (stick) and we figured out why, all in all we all have some funny video of our efforts! Was fun! Amazing what you can do with aluminum foil, match stick heads, and a wooden kebob stick!!!

Now, trying to keep my eyes open til it gets just a little later, and I can eat my dinner and go to bed. I have the 'afternoon tireds) :)

Fortunately dinner is cooked, so its only a reheat away! :)

Later...

Hi Kat
    It sounds as if You had a great time, a little tired is a low price to pay for visiting family.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Only major plan today is a trip to Lawrenceville. We need to stop by the courthouse for a bit and then perhaps the new Mr. Holmes movie which is getting great reviews and stars one of my favorite actors! I figure we'll probably have lunch in Lawrenceville too.

Hi Ed
    Based on the TV commercials that is a movie I will probably watch once it shows up on NetFlix.

Lawrenceville, for I moment I thought You were heading to Lawrenceville, NJ :)

Have a :) Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm here!! Its no longer morning though..
    I first slept later than I intended. I had set an alarm and after the second 'snooze' I just turned it off...
    I also have a new app for my devices, and I fiddled a bit with that, watched a 30 minute fb video about the artificial pancreas done by two diabetics T1D, and the engineer who 'invented' it. (his kid is diabetic since under a year old).
    News is on now, and then I'm getting dressed at going to make a quick trip to the grocery...
    On the predicted hottest day of the summer (so far), with heat advisories, etc. I'm going to go buy Ice Cream!!! Yeah, I sure know how to pick my shopping days! LOL!!! I'm, by car, only 5-8 minutes from the grocery, and I will be taking insulating bags. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I'm here!! Its no longer morning though..
    I first slept later than I intended. I had set an alarm and after the second 'snooze' I just turned it off...
    I also have a new app for my devices, and I fiddled a bit with that, watched a 30 minute fb video about the artificial pancreas done by two diabetics T1D, and the engineer who 'invented' it. (his kid is diabetic since under a year old).
    News is on now, and then I'm getting dressed at going to make a quick trip to the grocery...
    On the predicted hottest day of the summer (so far), with heat advisories, etc. I'm going to go buy Ice Cream!!! Yeah, I sure know how to pick my shopping days! LOL!!! I'm, by car, only 5-8 minutes from the grocery, and I will be taking insulating bags. :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I slept later than intended this morning too. It must be going around :)

A Big Thank You for Your suggestion a few days ago.
    I called Fitbit, They emailed me for some information and this morning I had a new email that they are shipping me a new FitBit. Whee!!

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well, it was a busy day. We got to the courthouse REALLY EARLY for our appointment so we had lunch in the courthouse cafeteria, which had (much to my surprise) really quite decent food!

Then when it was time, we went down, got all signed in, then had to wait and wait in the hall, then wait some more in the courtroom, then nothing much, just a short wedding ceremony in the courtroom. Four couples were getting married, but they were all quick and simple, and our group was the last group out.

Then we did go on to see the movie and enjoyed it thoroughly! I highly recommend that movie to anyone.

Back to work tomorrow. Wheee....

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 6 hour middle today. I've fed Lilo and now need to feed me. Our out of town company returns tonight but I'll get back from work in time to see her off.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning, its Tuesday!

Yesterday was a great day!!!

Roger, I'm glad you contacted Fitbit! Wow, a whole new Fitbit! Sweet! When I had my BodyBug, I washed it several times (dried it once too) before I took a Black Perm. Marker, and on the inside of the washing machine lid, so that I could SEE it when loading clothes I wrote: WHERE IS BODYBUG. I never again washed it! LOL!! Not suggesting you write on your washer, but it helped me.

Taking my fav ever vacuum to the free Dyson Check Up Clinic. Got an email yesterday. Will let them check the filters, etc. Its on Jimmy Carter, so its not far away. That and stop by my Doc's to make an appointment, and one Pomodoro Focus session, and I'm done for the day!!! Yea!!

Gonna be HOT here again today. And soon as my errands are done, I'm gonna be as lazy as my cats! :smiley:

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    FWIW I was up before Sunrise, Got out the door at about 5:50, Walked 2.75 miles, Ate several of what look like the last of the Wild Raspberries on the walk. Hot and Humid once again, Only saving factor was that I never got hit with Sunshine as it was obscured by Clouds.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Well, it was a busy day. We got to the courthouse REALLY EARLY for our appointment so we had lunch in the courthouse cafeteria, which had (much to my surprise) really quite decent food!

Then when it was time, we went down, got all signed in, then had to wait and wait in the hall, then wait some more in the courtroom, then nothing much, just a short wedding ceremony in the courtroom. Four couples were getting married, but they were all quick and simple, and our group was the last group out.

Then we did go on to see the movie and enjoyed it thoroughly! I highly recommend that movie to anyone.

Back to work tomorrow. Wheee....

Hi Ed
    Thank You for the feedback on the Movie.
    Courthouse food being good, will wonders never cease :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning, its Tuesday!

Yesterday was a great day!!!

Roger, I'm glad you contacted Fitbit! Wow, a whole new Fitbit! Sweet! When I had my BodyBug, I washed it several times (dried it once too) before I took a Black Perm. Marker, and on the inside of the washing machine lid, so that I could SEE it when loading clothes I wrote: WHERE IS BODYBUG. I never again washed it! LOL!! Not suggesting you write on your washer, but it helped me.

Taking my fav ever vacuum to the free Dyson Check Up Clinic. Got an email yesterday. Will let them check the filters, etc. Its on Jimmy Carter, so its not far away. That and stop by my Doc's to make an appointment, and one Pomodoro Focus session, and I'm done for the day!!! Yea!!

Gonna be HOT here again today. And soon as my errands are done, I'm gonna be as lazy as my cats! :smiley:

Later...

Hi Kat
    From their Email to me.
    Your replacement is now being processed and your confirmation number is XXXXXX (deleted by me).

You’ll receive another email from Fitbit.com with a link to your order status. When your order ships, you can see the tracking number. Your order should arrive within 5 to 7 days from the date of shipment.

When you receive your replacement, visit http://bit.ly/replacement_tracker for instructions on setting up your replacement device.

We suggest recycling your defective device through a local electronics recycling program after your replacement arrives

Very handy that it doesn't need to be returned, that saves me a little extra work. I can just drop it off at the recycle yard the next time I go. Plus I got the tracking number today via email.

Is that a free Dyson checkup?
    I though Pomodoro was a Tomato?
    I intend to stay indoors now that the walking is done too. They are showing some horrendous Heat index Numbers in the Southern tier of the country.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Roger,
    Glad you are very close to having your new Fitbit!
    Dyson is my carpet sweeper. My son (DS2) gave it to me at Christmas. It was working great, but a free 'cleaning' and checking seals, etc...made sense to me! I was able to ask if there wasn't a filter other than the little purple one that I'm to clean monthly? Nope, thats it. I saw a new oblong soft bristle attachment. Its now at my house. And since it was so late when I got my email, and since DS2 has an upright Dyson, as well as one like mine, AND a Dyson blade-less fan, was there any way he could bring his 2 in this coming Monday. (free clinic ends this Friday), so I have set him up for an extended free cleaning.
    You can google Dyson. The sweepers are fabulous cleaning machines!

Pomodoro...an organizational app that helps folks keep on track in whatever their chores may be. I'm using mine to stay on track while going thru years of 'stuff'. (Clutter, ya know)...:)
    So far I'm liking it!

Tomato? really? I'll have to Google that...curiosity and all!!!

The worst of the Heat Indexes are South of Ed and I....ours is predicted to be 101 degrees. Not the 109 farther south. You're right...brutal hot!

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Working a LOOOOOONG middle today in the heat, but will do my best to stay indoors with the air conditioning and my fan.

Nothing else scheduled really.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Wednesday Morning,
    Typical Wednesday, laundry, gym, Publix and Whole Foods.
    End my afternoon with a DS1 chat.
    Hot, HOT, and HOTTER! Its summer! Its already 78 on my back porch, with 76 humidity....Sauna Time!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning outside, much cooler and lower Humidity than Yesterday. I'm not sure how far I walked as I need to map it out and see. Much more comfortable and more people out walking and jogging too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hey Roger,
    Glad you are very close to having your new Fitbit!
    Dyson is my carpet sweeper. My son (DS2) gave it to me at Christmas. It was working great, but a free 'cleaning' and checking seals, etc...made sense to me! I was able to ask if there wasn't a filter other than the little purple one that I'm to clean monthly? Nope, thats it. I saw a new oblong soft bristle attachment. Its now at my house. And since it was so late when I got my email, and since DS2 has an upright Dyson, as well as one like mine, AND a Dyson blade-less fan, was there any way he could bring his 2 in this coming Monday. (free clinic ends this Friday), so I have set him up for an extended free cleaning.
    You can google Dyson. The sweepers are fabulous cleaning machines!

Pomodoro...an organizational app that helps folks keep on track in whatever their chores may be. I'm using mine to stay on track while going thru years of 'stuff'. (Clutter, ya know)...:)
    So far I'm liking it!

Tomato? really? I'll have to Google that...curiosity and all!!!

The worst of the Heat Indexes are South of Ed and I....ours is predicted to be 101 degrees. Not the 109 farther south. You're right...brutal hot!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Thank You for the Information. Dyson's may be nice but since our three uprights are all less than 2 years old and at that they were a More than I wanted to pay at $50 each. In case You were wondering there are three for a couple of reasons. Redundancy, and one in the Basement, one on the Ground Floor and one upstairs. No Lugging them up and down. :)

101 heat index is bad enough, that is what we had earlier this week, It was miserable even at when the sun was coming up.

It will be interesting to see what the Fitbit shows for steps with my walks when it gets here. I need to check and see what tracking shows later, Yesterday it was to soon to track. I see that with most online things including NutriSystem. By the time the NS tracking number works the day after I get it the box will be delivered that day. I get mine overnight from them due to proximity to their Pennsylvania warehouse locations.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Working a LOOOOOONG middle today in the heat, but will do my best to stay indoors with the air conditioning and my fan.

Nothing else scheduled really.

Hi
    I hope You manage to stay cool. That heat index You are in for is not good. When it is like that only a fan is not enough. Hopefully You can stay in under the AC.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Roger, the $500 price tag that came with the cordless Dyson stopped me from running right out and buying one when DS2 showed me his......So, I was shocked, practically to tears when I opened my Christmas gift. Protesting that it was way too much, his reply (lie?) to me was, 'I got it on sale.' Right. I think not.
    The bottom line is I love the darn thing, so nice not having a cord, its light weight, etc. I had an old (20+year old Hoover, self propelled,) I bought it used from a repair shop...it just never died, but it was heavy, awkward, etc. I so understand having a vac for each floor. They are not fun to lug up and down stairs!!

I just had a great lunch! Little of this and that from the cold/salad bar at Whole Foods. Lebanese chickpea salad was the bulk of it. But they had cucumber chow chow....and I remember my grandma Birdie making Chow Chow, but I didn't remember what it tasted like...so there was a dab of that...it was good. And another that intrigued me was 'Costal Crunch Slaw' it was tasty...not mayo sauced. They were all vegan, and all good!

Now, I need to take my pleasantly full self to Publix and get my Frozen bars, lotto tickets, etc. I made out like a thief on Monday...had a $4 off Centrum Silver coupon, and when I got there to redeem it, the store was running a 25% off sale...I got the biggest bottle, and saved $9!! I don't usually get that lucky, cuz I do use a few coupons, but there aren't many out there for broccoli!!! :smiley:

Ok, gym first, avocado from the Mex. Mart next door, then on to get the Publix stuff, and home to chat with the kid.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I have some lamb loin chops in the toaster oven cooking for breakfast. In a little while, we need to get to the social security office to begin the name change process. Also for today, laundry.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out walking this morning around 6:30, Nice and cool, 67 degrees, Low Humidity too.
    I walked 2.79+ miles, I'm not sure how much more as I walked the route in reverse and did not notice I was heading down a dead end and had to backtrack. OK, I just checked in MapMyRun and it looks like I added 0.14 miles so that makes the walk so I guess I walked 2.93 miles :)

They seem to have killed off the forums all the way :(, Sadly the Main website is organized worse IMO and still slow, slightly better but still somewhat slow.

Cheers
    Roger
    Roger, the $500 price tag that came with the cordless Dyson stopped me from running right out and buying one when DS2 showed me his......So, I was shocked, practically to tears when I opened my Christmas gift. Protesting that it was way too much, his reply (lie?) to me was, 'I got it on sale.' Right. I think not.
    The bottom line is I love the darn thing, so nice not having a cord, its light weight, etc. I had an old (20+year old Hoover, self propelled,) I bought it used from a repair shop...it just never died, but it was heavy, awkward, etc. I so understand having a vac for each floor. They are not fun to lug up and down stairs!!

I just had a great lunch! Little of this and that from the cold/salad bar at Whole Foods. Lebanese chickpea salad was the bulk of it. But they had cucumber chow chow....and I remember my grandma Birdie making Chow Chow, but I didn't remember what it tasted like...so there was a dab of that...it was good. And another that intrigued me was 'Costal Crunch Slaw' it was tasty...not mayo sauced. They were all vegan, and all good!

Now, I need to take my pleasantly full self to Publix and get my Frozen bars, lotto tickets, etc. I made out like a thief on Monday...had a $4 off Centrum Silver coupon, and when I got there to redeem it, the store was running a 25% off sale...I got the biggest bottle, and saved $9!! I don't usually get that lucky, cuz I do use a few coupons, but there aren't many out there for broccoli!!! :smiley:

Ok, gym first, avocado from the Mex. Mart next door, then on to get the Publix stuff, and home to chat with the kid.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Wow $500, Not even near my budget. I hates paying $50 :)

I remember Using my Grandmothers Vacuum, First You filled the water to the line, then You vacuumed and then You poured out the mucky water and cleaned the pan, let it dry and You were done.

I had a Round Hoover that rolled around on the floor behind me for years.

I think we have a Dear eating things. I was looking out the Living Room window yesterday afternoon and one went strolling across the lawn and disappeared from view.

I used to have trouble getting Mom to take things too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I don't like just fading away. Silly as it sounds, it seems...rude, somewhat disrespectful to you folks. You have all been great online buddies. With that in mind, I am letting you know I am taking a break. I just am not able to keep up with everything right now, and meeting you folks here is taking a back seat to other things.

I hope to check back in with you folks in the future and hear about all the wonderful things happening to everyone.

Here's to healthy eating,
    Lee-Ann