Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,711 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Last night's pork chops were great, though D seemed dismayed by the number of mushroom bits in the cream sauce. At least he ate it! He has issues with mushrooms, even though he likes stroganoff. Go figure? As long as they are in tiny bits and not TOO many of them, he will eat it.

I prefer them in large, tasty slices myself (or even whole button mushrooms) but when feeding him I will make adjustments...so he doesn't get any chicken marsala or boeuf bourguignon when I make those, because I won't make that adjustment in those dishes. I just refuse to compromise my standards for my special favorites.

I'm off today, and making chicken and noodles for dinner. I'll slow cook the chicken in a crock pot all day and then finish up with the noodles, probably cooked separately, at the end, making sure the end product is very meaty so that a serving doesn't have to have too many noodle carbs. If I add peas and carrots to the dish it can end up as a one pot meal and all the side vegetables are right there in it.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Sunny and pretty. We had afternoon showers yesterday, without the rumble and grumble of the weather gods! It was nice! Also everything got steamy and misty because it had been hot.

Baby sitting today. DS1 called. DIL has Dr. Appt and needed someone to stay with the kids. Should be fun. I need to be there at 11...makes me wonder if I'm then to become the lunch lady? Hmmmm. Lunch may be out, with a trip to the library or something! (Kidding about the library. ) Maybe.

Cats fed, I need to go looking in the nearly empty fridg for mine. Tomorrow is shopping day, so there isn't a whole lot there...oh, lots and lots of watermelon!

Roger, about that picture at the end of your post. Neat! :)

Hope you got your walk in today...coffee walk or produce walk? In other words which way did you go? And just curious...you've been quite consistent with your walks, are you noticing a difference in how you feel? and did you by chance do one of the walking programs? By now you'd for sure have left NJ...but which way would you go?

Ed, how was dinner? and did J really eat chips for dinner? (that child needs to learn to cook!) Um, I know he can make fried rice!!!!

Time for my 'coffee walk'...not quite 2.75 miles, more like across the living room!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Still out Walking despite the Humidity, I took a Different 2.75 mile route today, Picked up a Quick Chek Coffee on the way out and a Diet beverage there on the way back as I was sweating up a storm. My Walk was a sort of Figure 8 when mapped. I got drizzled on too, not for very long fortunately.

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Sunny and pretty. We had afternoon showers yesterday, without the rumble and grumble of the weather gods! It was nice! Also everything got steamy and misty because it had been hot.

Baby sitting today. DS1 called. DIL has Dr. Appt and needed someone to stay with the kids. Should be fun. I need to be there at 11...makes me wonder if I'm then to become the lunch lady? Hmmmm. Lunch may be out, with a trip to the library or something! (Kidding about the library. ) Maybe.

Cats fed, I need to go looking in the nearly empty fridge for mine. Tomorrow is shopping day, so there isn't a whole lot there...oh, lots and lots of watermelon!

Roger, about that picture at the end of your post. Neat! :)

Hope you got your walk in today...coffee walk or produce walk? In other words which way did you go? And just curious...you've been quite consistent with your walks, are you noticing a difference in how you feel? and did you by chance do one of the walking programs? By now you'd for sure have left NJ...but which way would you go?

Ed, how was dinner? and did J really eat chips for dinner? (that child needs to learn to cook!) Um, I know he can make fried rice!!!!

Time for my 'coffee walk'...not quite 2.75 miles, more like across the living room!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I got my walk as described above. The Only Constants in my walks is that they are planned around Quick Chek, or the Bagel Shop or Seven 11 or McDonalds so I can get my morning coffee and some Hydration on the outbound leg.

I have a new route mapped our for tomorrow that takes me past the Quick Chek and part of today's route, Then I turn in the opposite direction and go through new roads as far as walking goes and that does come out at the Strip mall where the Produce store is located in case I need anything.

I have not gotten around to going to set up one of the walking programs, Procrastination set in. I do have a Log Book that I list my walk distances in however :)

Cheers
    Roger

• parityanimal
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't know why I said it was thrilling Thursday earlier. It's terrific Tuesday!

Val, last night's dinner was delicious. J did finish off the last of the dips purchased and/or made up for the party on Saturday, though I did have to make a fresh bowl of extra spicy cheese dip for him. He requested that, over breakfast food for dinner, so that was what he got. At any rate, none of the dips went to waste, just maybe to waist. He had salsa, guacamole, bean dip and cheese dip.

Tonight's chicken is in a crock pot now, with plenty of water, so it can make a nice slow cooked broth for chicken and noodles (unless I feel like making home made dumplings this afternoon) for tonight's one pot meal. If needed, I do have more chicken broth to increase the quantity of broth for the meat and noodles, but I'm not sure I'll need it.

Tonight J WILL be having breakfast for dinner.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    I had the best time with the kids! Nate and I watched cartoons. and finally just before noon I went up and woke Olivia...I told her even Princesses had to be awake by noon!! She wakes nicely..certainly Not like there father did as a kid!!! He was a real growly bear...
    O's little friend from up the street came over, and they played upstairs in O's room. Then one of Nate's buddies from the street came over, and the boys went to the buddies house....
    Jenn sent me home with 3 nice cucumbers from her garden, and her waffle maker. I'd seen some recipe's that were Vegan, and baked in a waffle maker... So, if you have any great recipe's that don't have eggs, cheese, etc plz share!

Ed, you posted while I was still typing, so I hadn't seen your 'Thursday' post! Hope the chicken and noodles was good. Chicken and Dumplings were one of DS1's fav. dinners! I have my great aunt's recipe, and they are big and fluffy and surprisingly light. The worst part is dropping them into the broth, putting the lid on, and not being able to 'peek at them' for the 7 minutes that they 'cook'.

I've eaten, but still have to feed the cats. Guess I'd best do that STAT, though they are not out banging on the door....yet! LOL!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    The chicken and noodles was good. I didn't feel like making home made dumplings, so used a bag of kluski noodles which are pretty decent for dried noodles from a bag.

I still like my mother's egg dumpling recipe the best, for dumplings (or even rolled thin and sliced into egg noodles) and it's really simple to make, but takes a bit of patience in letting the noodles or dumplings dry out somewhat before cooking, turning occasionally in the case of dumplings. These are fairly heavy, thick dumplings in the same style as the ones in Sweet Sue canned chicken and dumplings, only much, much better!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    Beautiful sunshine thru the woods this morning=mid 90's for the afternoon! :)
    Off soon for chiro appt, and then a quick run thru the Midtown Whole Foods..to get one or two vegan entrees, and phone chat with DS1. Then I'll EAT one of those entrees I bought!!! :)

Hope everybody has a great day.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ed, you and I make entirely different 'dumplings'! :)
    Mine are a dough sorta like wet biscuit dough, dropped by tablespoons into hot liquid..and pot is covered...Inside that pot the dough rises, and you get blobs of hot fluffy dumpling, that then as you break one open, it absorbs the liquid in your bowl of chicken & broth!
    Recipe is in one of those early early Joy of Cooking cookbooks. Like I said it was my Great Aunts book. I love that cookbook, cuz she 'rated' the recipe's..good, very good, etc...and made little additions in the margins! Fun to read her take on the recipe and what she'd do to change it.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Off again today and I have leftover chicken and noodles to eat.

Dishwasher is running now, and I guess I need to get out to the store as we are out of eggs.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It is another day, another walk, I stopped and bought some produce, Bananas, Lettuce and 3 20cent rolls for my Brother, then due to the weight I cut my walk a little short. I'm not sure how much, Not a lot however. OTOH it was 77 degrees at 6:45 when I started and higher when I got back home at 8:30. Humidity is pretty high too. I got drizzled on coming home from the produce store. When You see condensation despite the Overnight low being 76 or 77 degrees You know the humidity is high. I will be off for a Follow Up Visit to the doctors shortly and will hear what the Blood Work showed. Not worried but since it was done I might as well know :)

Have a Really Great Day
    Roger
    I had the best time with the kids! Nate and I watched cartoons. and finally just before noon I went up and woke Olivia...I told her even Princesses had to be awake by noon!! She wakes nicely..certainly Not like there father did as a kid!!! He was a real growly bear...
    O's little friend from up the street came over, and they played upstairs in O's room. Then one of Nate's buddies from the street came over, and the boys went to the buddies house....
    Jenn sent me home with 3 nice cucumbers from her garden, and her waffle maker. I'd seen some recipe's that were Vegan, and baked in a waffle maker... So, if you have any great recipe's that don't have eggs, cheese, etc plz share!

Ed, you posted while I was still typing, so I hadn't seen your 'Thursday' post! Hope the chicken and noodles was good. Chicken and Dumplings were one of DS1's fav. dinners! I have my great aunt's recipe, and they are big and fluffy and surprisingly light. The worst part is dropping them into the broth, putting the lid on, and not being able to 'peek at them' for the 7 minutes that they 'cook'.

I've eaten, but still have to feed the cats. Guess I'd best do that STAT, though they are not out banging on the door....yet! LOL!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I'm glad to hear You enjoyed Your time with the Kids.

I wish we had room for a Waffle Maker but it is a fairly small 50s Kitchen, Not Large like some of the older ones or later ones. :)

Supposed to be miserable out and I am about to go out too.

Oh well
    Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, I about choked when I read that you didn't have room in your small kitchen for a waffle maker...
    I have a small kitchen...so some of my 'storable appliances' live in my bedroom, or the front room 'storage' room!
    When I lived in TN my house had a fairly big kitchen, but I 'out grew it' and after putting up shelves on 2 walls for cookbooks, and kitchen 'stuff', the rest of it went into the 'coat closet' that was across the hall!!!

Your blood work should be fantastic. Between your fantastic weight loss, and your new walking program!! You should be a A++ !!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, I about choked when I read that you didn't have room in your small kitchen for a waffle maker...
    I have a small kitchen...so some of my 'storable appliances' live in my bedroom, or the front room 'storage' room!
    When I lived in TN my house had a fairly big kitchen, but I 'out grew it' and after putting up shelves on 2 walls for cookbooks, and kitchen 'stuff', the rest of it went into the 'coat closet' that was across the hall!!!

Your blood work should be fantastic. Between your fantastic weight loss, and your new walking program!! You should be a A++ !!

Hi Valerie
    Here is what I just posted in the Diabetic Chat Thread.
    Hi All
    Update :)
    I got my latest Blood work results and using NutriSystem things continue to improve.
    A1C is down .1 from the last test, FBS is down 11, Cholesterol is better and more. Everything is now in the Normal range including BP.

Please Do Stay with NutriSystem 100% and Make Yourself healthier too.

Have a Great Week
    Roger

The Original Counter length was a total of 64 inches. And There was a Counter added that needs to be replaced. No Cabinets under that counter Due to the BaseBoard heat. Most of the counters are taken up with a 4 Slice Toaster, Coffee maker, Kitchen Aid Mixer and attachments, Bowls of Fresh Produce and fresh Fruit etc. And of
    course some things that should be in cabinets are on the counters as Cabinet space is low too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's really thrilling Thursday now! Working a long middle today, but it's supposed to be hot so I plan to stay in the kiosk as much as possible.

I need to unload the dishwasher and put the breakfast dishes in there, and then do "big water" on the indoor plants.

Great reading about the blood work Roger! Keep it up! Or down...as the case may be. ;)

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It's Thursday
    I looked at the TV and saw it was cooler and a little less humid so I figured I'll walk in comfort compared to Yesterday, Nope, didn't happen. Shortly after leaving the house and thinking what a nice cool breeze it started drizzling. It drizzled enough to make the roads wet and despite my judicious use of trees to stay dry I got damp too. It stopped right after I left McDonalds with my coffee. Then the breeze went away and the humidity went up. About three blocks from home the breeze returned, a little late :) 2.75 miles done for today despite Mother Nature.

Have a Really Nice Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's really thrilling Thursday now! Working a long middle today, but it's supposed to be hot so I plan to stay in the kiosk as much as possible.

I need to unload the dishwasher and put the breakfast dishes in there, and then do "big water" on the indoor plants.

Great reading about the blood work Roger! Keep it up! Or down...as the case may be. ;)

Hi Ed
    Thanks. It shows the impact Diet can have on our health :)

Stay Cool at work
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi...late Thursday..
    Roger great news for the blood work. Now the real question, Do You Feel Better???? I'll just guess that you do! :)

Ed, you must be melted by now. It is hot out. ( 93 on my back porch) I took the easy way out, today and cleaned up a stack of paperwork, and had a nice lunch, and a nap. Pretty soon I am going to HAVE to take the trash to the curb, and get the mail.
    I"m putting this all off til about 7ish, hoping it will be just a tad cooler? Sadly tomorrow looks worse..ie hotter. Must be Summer in GA!

Dinner tonite will include flea stuff for the cats. Hopefully they'll be too busy eating to care. Worked last month, and last week with two wet, but eating cats who got towel dried. :) My boys are 'focused' when it comes to their food!!! LOL

Have no idea what my dinner will be, but it won't include flea stuff on my neck!! LOL! Enjoy your evening!

• parityanimal
    Options
    Wasn't too bad at work. I did have to get out a few times to do stuff outside but mostly was able to stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning and the little fan that I put in there.

Came home to a beautifully slow cooked, seasoned pork roast, cooked with just a little bit of cider in the bottom of the slow cooker, so while it was standing on a plate to firm up, I made gravy from the drippings, some mashed potatoes and some green peas to serve with it. Had just a small serving each of the potatoes and peas and there is lots of leftovers of everything for several more nice meals that just have to be sliced and warmed up.

When that is all eaten I'm pondering making some of Mom's meat loaf with ketchup gravy. That too should last a number of meals as her recipe isn't small...

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!
    Feels good outside right now. But.....
    I took the last little bit of trash out to the curb, and checked to see that the dogs didn't scatter my recycles all over like last week. All was well, and it was comfy out. But another hour or two will 'cure' that!

Ed, glad you were mostly able to stay in your kiosk and be comfortable yesterday.

Roger, I'm going to join you on your walk today...but I'm gonna cheat and do it on a TM at the gym! And then I'll hit the weights (ha-ha) for some range of motion exercises. Eventually I hope to be able to get back to strength training again. So far today I've done some hip and back stretches and stretches for my Achilles heel that my chiro wants me to do. (she's had to manipulate my right ankle several times now so I'm hoping the exercises and sleeping in my orthopedic boot do the job) BTW, I hate that boot. It and I have a long standing disregard for one another! :)

Now, the 64 Thousand Question, where is Don? Its been awhile since we've seen him here.

Today looks like a couple house hold chores, gym, WF for some non-gmo corn and a couple boxes of seitan, home again for lunch a shower, and an afternoon of coffee and chatting with Marietta at sb. In the hot weather I love their Shaken Passion Tea. I put sweetener in it instead of letting them put the sugary syrup in it. A little sweet, a bit tart, and cold! Yummy....and no caffeine. Yep, that'll be my day! :) How will your day look?

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working that long middle again today, but at least I'm fortified with leftover pork roast for breakfast. :)

Again, I'll try to stay inside as much as possible, as it's supposed to get into the high mid 90's this afternoon and there is also a "local pollen alert" to contend with.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I dropped off the Car for Oil Change, State Inspection and on the way over I lowered the window behind the drivers seat and when I went to raise it, it got most of the way up and made a loud clunk and that was it. I can hear the motor working but the window is no move :( There goes more $$ than I planned on!

I had planned a walk back from dropping off the car with a convoluted routing to get the distance I wanted, 2.73 Miles. I ended up getting my Coffee at a Different Quick Chek a Block and a half from the shop. and then as I got near home I stopped and got a cold Diet beverage at the one near the house.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Good Friday Morning!
    Feels good outside right now. But.....
    I took the last little bit of trash out to the curb, and checked to see that the dogs didn't scatter my recycles all over like last week. All was well, and it was comfy out. But another hour or two will 'cure' that!

Ed, glad you were mostly able to stay in your kiosk and be comfortable yesterday.

Roger, I'm going to join you on your walk today...but I'm gonna cheat and do it on a TM at the gym! And then I'll hit the weights (ha-ha) for some range of motion exercises. Eventually I hope to be able to get back to strength training again. So far today I've done some hip and back stretches and stretches for my Achilles heel that my chiro wants me to do. (she's had to manipulate my right ankle several times now so I'm hoping the exercises and sleeping in my orthopedic boot do the job) BTW, I hate that boot. It and I have a long standing disregard for one another! :)

Now, the 64 Thousand Question, where is Don? Its been awhile since we've seen him here.

Today looks like a couple house hold chores, gym, WF for some non-gmo corn and a couple boxes of seitan, home again for lunch a shower, and an afternoon of coffee and chatting with Marietta at sb. In the hot weather I love their Shaken Passion Tea. I put sweetener in it instead of letting them put the sugary syrup in it. A little sweet, a bit tart, and cold! Yummy....and no caffeine. Yep, that'll be my day! :) How will your day look?

Later...

Hi Valerie
    If I were having Your weather I would exercise inside where it is cool too.
    Good Luck with Your heel, I hope the exercises help.
    I had a Banana before my walk. Now it is time to drink my protein Shake and eat my Breakfast cereal.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning!
    I started to play with your minds last night. I started an update on my operation system, and it took 'forever', got tired and went to bed. Woke about 2a.m. and checked on it, it was done, so brilliant idea, I'd just do my external HD backup. (That's a 'Saturday' chore) Well, that too was taking a very long time. So I was going to post my Saturday post in the 'Really Really Early' thread! LOL!

Hot hot hotter that's today's weather take. And its 'to be continued' for several more days. Summer time, in the good ole Summer time!!! I waited all winter for this!?! Yes, I did. So I'll live with (or around it)!
    I will be doing my walking on the TM in the 75 degree temp gym!

Roger the exercises are working, along with the night time boot. (I hate that boot, just for the record) Nice to walk without pain!

Needless to say, I did not make the Farmers Market this morning. I could go now, but by the time I get dressed, and drive the 30 minutes to the location....it just will be hot and miserable, and I really don't NEED anything, I just want a 'real' tomato...I have the Nayonaise and the bread... I love a good old 'mater sammich' at least once or twice during the summer. I'll get it..just not today! LOL

Hope everybody has a good morning and an afternoon siesta!! :smiley: