Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning, Happy Labor Day!
    I'm enjoying the lazy life today! Just finished breakfast...guess I've missed lunch, huh? :)
    Yesterday went nothing as planned, and I had a really good time. DS1 called, and they were going to Roswell to walk around, shop, etc...and have dinner, did I want to go? Had a great time.
    No work got done at my house, but its ok...tomorrow is a good day to start again.

Ed, I hope you enjoyed your day at DragonCon, and found the vendor area fun as well. Also, I hope you were pleasantly surprised to see MARTA was having a fare free day!!! That doesn't happen often!

Roger, great day for a walk...I didn't see a monetary report, so I'll guess nobody dropped their coins! Tomorrow!
    We're soon to begin seeing cooler mornings. This week seems to be hit or miss on the shower/rain scene, fall is definitely heading out way. Enjoy your cooler mornings!

I think I'll go work my daily crossword puzzle. No sense in getting 'busy' today.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy y'all. I'm back at home now in Peachtree Corners. We ended up NOT taking the Marta as our guests had some really BIG luggage and didn't want to fool with the train. So they paid for a Lyft Plus driver to drive us from downtown to the Marta station where we had parked and we drove home from there.

Probably pizza tonight as I sure don't feel like cooking. Now I will use my "recovery" days of vacation to get over Dragon Con!
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • parityanimal
    And here's Leonardo's Cat!

I just need to get a nice frame for it.

20150907_172640_zps9lllrnjl.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    looks just like her!!!

Has Lilo gotten off your lap yet? :)

Sorry you missed the freebie from MARTA! Doesn't happen often.

Enjoy your pizza. I just finished a nice vegetable stirfry, with seitan. Tasty. Saving half for tomorrow...I hope. I could eat another bite or two.

See you tomorrow!
  • parityanimal
    Ah, the old diabetic roller coaster...

I've been getting a LOT more walking in than usual all weekend, being at Dragon Con. My metabolism is still apparently jacked up. I've been careful, while at the con, to carry snacks AND water with me at all times and check my blood glucose if I felt it was getting low (or high, though generally high has not been a problem at a con) and made it through the con without any incidents.

Got home after a good lunch and some ice cream (REAL ice cream, with sugar) and didn't anticipate any problem, as I was through, finally, with all the walking.

I took a short nap and then got up to order pizza for dinner, since I didn't feel like cooking. I ordered the pizza and while we were waiting for it, I started feeling REALLY ICKY and nauseated and suddenly pizza (or anything else for that matter) didn't sound good at all. Having felt that before with blood sugar dipping too low, I checked and sure enough, it was getting there and that was why I felt like crap. It's especially crappy that when I go low, I feel sick and don't WANT to eat, when eating is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO DO.

I had a few sips of J's Mountain Dew and it held me for the 15 minutes or so we still had to wait for pizza. Then I ate pizza and now I feel OK.

DIABETES SUCKS BIG TIME!

It also sucked that the pizza place forgot about HALF THE ORDER and the driver had to go back to get the rest so our guests didn't get the main dish they had ordered right away, but at least they had their cheesy bread to nibble on. D (the boarder) didn't get his pizza either but they came back fairly quickly with the rest of the order and said they were going to comp the second half, since they forgot it the first time.

I can live with that...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's ... oh, yeah, terrific Tuesday! Where is everyone? Cold pizza for breakfast. Lilo is making up for lost lap time now and happy as a clam. I need to get to my endocrinologist with a new prescription request as they won't let this item be refilled more than once and I want to make darn sure they get it RIGHT this time so I'm bringing the box with the pharmacy name, number, and the exact item so they hopefully won't screw it up like last time! Also pay some bills (Oh, wait, I already did the bills - online), make some coffee maybe? and get to the vet to buy cat foods! And at some point we need to bring our guests to the airport to send them on their way back to Pittsburgh.

Good thing I'm on vacation!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi All
    I got out walking early, 5:23AM, It was a little warmer and a little more humid than Yesterday, however there was a gentle breeze for most of it that kept it comfortable. 2.88 miles & 25 Cents :)

When I came back home I had a burst of inspiration and decided to do a quick whip around through the house and cleaned out stray trash to go to the garbage can so it will be ready for our garbage pickup.

I ordered some Shredder Bags from Amazon they make it so much less messy when shredding Discs and paper. Just pull the bag, close & toss it. I found out about them when the new shredder came with a sample pack in the bin.

I made these, Chocolate Peanut Cluster, Counts as 1 Dessert + 1/2 Power Fuel
    Review here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213619/chocolate-peanut-cluster-counts-as-1-dessert-1-2-power-fuel
    wlxtn73xuid4.jpg

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Good Morning, Happy Labor Day!
    I'm enjoying the lazy life today! Just finished breakfast...guess I've missed lunch, huh? :)
    Yesterday went nothing as planned, and I had a really good time. DS1 called, and they were going to Roswell to walk around, shop, etc...and have dinner, did I want to go? Had a great time.
    No work got done at my house, but its ok...tomorrow is a good day to start again.

Ed, I hope you enjoyed your day at DragonCon, and found the vendor area fun as well. Also, I hope you were pleasantly surprised to see MARTA was having a fare free day!!! That doesn't happen often!

Roger, great day for a walk...I didn't see a monetary report, so I'll guess nobody dropped their coins! Tomorrow!
    We're soon to begin seeing cooler mornings. This week seems to be hit or miss on the shower/rain scene, fall is definitely heading out way. Enjoy your cooler mornings!

I think I'll go work my daily crossword puzzle. No sense in getting 'busy' today.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Your surmise was correct, No prize to give away however:)

Sometimes Things go to plan and sometimes not, Nothing to get worried about either way.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    Ah, the old diabetic roller coaster...

I've been getting a LOT more walking in than usual all weekend, being at Dragon Con. My metabolism is still apparently jacked up. I've been careful, while at the con, to carry snacks AND water with me at all times and check my blood glucose if I felt it was getting low (or high, though generally high has not been a problem at a con) and made it through the con without any incidents.

Got home after a good lunch and some ice cream (REAL ice cream, with sugar) and didn't anticipate any problem, as I was through, finally, with all the walking.

I took a short nap and then got up to order pizza for dinner, since I didn't feel like cooking. I ordered the pizza and while we were waiting for it, I started feeling REALLY ICKY and nauseated and suddenly pizza (or anything else for that matter) didn't sound good at all. Having felt that before with blood sugar dipping too low, I checked and sure enough, it was getting there and that was why I felt like crap. It's especially crappy that when I go low, I feel sick and don't WANT to eat, when eating is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO DO.

I had a few sips of J's Mountain Dew and it held me for the 15 minutes or so we still had to wait for pizza. Then I ate pizza and now I feel OK.

DIABETES SUCKS BIG TIME!

It also sucked that the pizza place forgot about HALF THE ORDER and the driver had to go back to get the rest so our guests didn't get the main dish they had ordered right away, but at least they had their cheesy bread to nibble on. D (the boarder) didn't get his pizza either but they came back fairly quickly with the rest of the order and said they were going to comp the second half, since they forgot it the first time.

I can live with that...

Hi Ed
    I am going to guess that the BS crashed from the Real Ice Cream making it go high. That sort of thing is the worst. I've gotten used to using sweeteners instead of sugar for that reason. I used to love lots of sugar on Cereal for example.

Nice of them to comp the rest.

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's ... oh, yeah, terrific Tuesday! Where is everyone? Cold pizza for breakfast. Lilo is making up for lost lap time now and happy as a clam. I need to get to my endocrinologist with a new prescription request as they won't let this item be refilled more than once and I want to make darn sure they get it RIGHT this time so I'm bringing the box with the pharmacy name, number, and the exact item so they hopefully won't screw it up like last time! Also pay some bills (Oh, wait, I already did the bills - online), make some coffee maybe? and get to the vet to buy cat foods! And at some point we need to bring our guests to the airport to send them on their way back to Pittsburgh.

Good thing I'm on vacation!

Hi Again
    We always used leftover Pizza as Breakfast and or lunch the next day, We ordered larger than needed for that reason. A 24 inch Pizza is really large too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Yep, Ed it really is Tuesday. Your story about the low blood sugar rings true. Livy has occasional dips. She's learned to judge by how she feels. Low is just as much an issue, maybe more than high sugar. Twice at night she's gotten too low and ended up in seizure . (scaring the wholly hell out of her parents!) I've seen her come off the gymnastics floor to Jenn for a (um don't know quite what to call it.) a sugar wafer? When she was 3&4 they had a time cuz she wasn't really able to tell them how she was feeling. You're 100% right Diabetes Sucks! As did your pizza delivery last night!! What a mess.
    Glad you enjoyed 'Con', every news show I saw had streams of happy people at the Hyatt, etc. It always looks like fun.
    Delightful here this morning. Still have the screen door open. Looking at the rest of the week, its who do you believe week! TWC says low to mid 80's for highs and local says mid to upper 80's. I guess one of them will be right! LOL!!

Need to get gas in the car, and a trip to the gym for me...I finally have the last of that batch of magazines in the recycle bin, and need to run the sweeper, and tackle the cabinet that the counter top rests on....I have NO idea what is under there. Hopefully nothing I need, want to keep, etc. (or worse yet, nothing I've replaced cuz I couldn't find it!)
    I expect to hear from the lawn mower guy today or tomorrow. We'll see how badly he dips into my wallet. :)
    And tomorrow is the eye doc....another expense coming. I know my script has changed. All to often increasing the size type so its easier to read... in my younger days I only went to an eye doc when I couldn't read my college Webster Dictionary. The print size is really small....almost mice type, and when I'd find myself reaching for a magnifying glass I knew it was time!!!

Roger, hope your weather allowed you to have a nice walk...and some change would help too? Are you seeing any signs of Fall? Something I read yesterday said Fall is only XX days away. WHAT?? Oh, no! I think it was somewhere between 2 & 3 weeks. Way too quickly.

Its diet time here at my ranch. I knew I'd picked up a few pounds...well, our waiter took a group pix of us on Sunday at dinner, and I was on the isle end of the booth....I CAN SEE ROLLS in the middle! Not happy. Can't see those damn rolls when I stand up. But, there they were for the world to see, as my DIL posted the pix to fb.
    Much as I love my bro's and their wives, I don't want to look like them. Only one SIL is still reasonably 'normal', and she's beginning to show a few pounds herself. SOOOOOOO....much as I hate it, back to the calorie counting, and daily meal planning book, as well as the dastardly 'scale moments'. :)

Gotta go!!! Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Happy Wednesday. she said for no reason at all! :)
    Off to the shower, and eye check-up.
    Need FZ blueberries from Costco, and banana's from someplace...followed by a trip to the gym!
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Our guests are back in Pittsburgh and Lilo is still making up for lost lap time. Finished off the last of the leftover pizza for breakfast this morning. Cold pizza...breakfast of champions!

Need to get laundry done today, and watering inside plants.————————————————————————————————————————————————-

• GardenKatGardens
    Happy update....eye exam excellent! No vision change, cataracts, or macular degeneration. My eye doc has type 2 diabetes, and he knows Livy is also diabetic. So he told me about eye changes with high and with low bs levels. Most interesting.. his advise was to keep all her old glasses, as she may need them, depending on her sugar levels. Never heard/knew that before.
    Home, had lunch, now need banana's, and I'm in for the day. So far today I've just missed rain fall twice! Ended just as I was going to the mall/eye exam, and then I got to my car leaving Costco before it came down again. Sun shining right now, so heading out. Gotta have my banana in the morning. Also buying several cans of reduced salt french cut green beans while at the store. A big helping of them fills you up, nearly no calories!!! No joke I used to work with a guy who breeds, raises and shows Whippets. Beautiful dogs...skinny breed...they got their food, and if they were still hungry they got a can of green beans, which he says they loved, and it filled them up. So, from now on I am a WHIPPET!!! LOL!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked today, found 2 cents, Whee! Warmer, more Humidity and less comfortable than Yesterday.

Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
    Happy update....eye exam excellent! No vision change, cataracts, or macular degeneration. My eye doc has type 2 diabetes, and he knows Livy is also diabetic. So he told me about eye changes with high and with low bs levels. Most interesting.. his advise was to keep all her old glasses, as she may need them, depending on her sugar levels. Never heard/knew that before.
    Home, had lunch, now need banana's, and I'm in for the day. So far today I've just missed rain fall twice! Ended just as I was going to the mall/eye exam, and then I got to my car leaving Costco before it came down again. Sun shining right now, so heading out. Gotta have my banana in the morning. Also buying several cans of reduced salt french cut green beans while at the store. A big helping of them fills you up, nearly no calories!!! No joke I used to work with a guy who breeds, raises and shows Whippets. Beautiful dogs...skinny breed...they got their food, and if they were still hungry they got a can of green beans, which he says they loved, and it filled them up. So, from now on I am a WHIPPET!!! LOL!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Congratulations on the great Eye Exam!

I never knew that about Blood Sugar levels either.

Tired right now so..............

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2015
    Hi All
    I stuck my head out the door at 5:15AM and it had stopped raining and the weather radar showed no more rain so I got ready to walk, Of Course about that time it started drizzling, I went out anyway :) 2.63 miles Vs the usual 2.75 miles as due to the weather I changed my route slightly. The rain drizzled on and off for most of the walk, no problem, Then 6 Blocks from Home it started coming down as a steady light rain :( I could have called my brother to come rescue me but for 6 blocks? Nope. Humid out there too.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I have a late breakfast steak broiling in the toaster oven. We were up late last night and Lilo graciously let me sleep in this morning.

The fun with that one scrip has started again. On Tuesday morning, I brought the empty box (one of three, as I have started on the last of the three) to the endocrinologists office, showing EXACTLY what form of the medication I need, and the quantity, and the pharmacy number, and asked them for a new scrip to that pharmacy for that medication. As of this morning, no record at the pharmacy of receiving the scrip...you'll recall that the last time I had to cancel THREE incorrect scrips (two to the right pharmacy for the wrong thing or wrong amount) and one to the wrong pharmacy for the right thing.

This morning, as with the last time, I sent email requesting the scrip...and explaining that I had left the box just to avoid going through all this again! We'll see what happens...

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi...no longer morning, but still Thursday! :)
    Have been up for a long time, just sitting here reading the web, email, etc. Had late breakfast, and am planning to move after the news.
    Weather man saying more rain here today.
    Lawnmower came home last night! The coil had failed. How's that for an odd occurrence? Anyhow fixed...now for some drier weather so I can use it! LOL!!

Roger, assuming you had your 'frog' wear, walking in the rain is sometimes kinda fun. (sans lightening, of course)
    No Frog wear?, no problem..you just got your walk and shower all-in-one!!! :)

Ed, I can't believe the problems you have with that scrip!! If your doc's office has the name of the pharm, and the box....how hard can it be? YIKES!!

I think its time to close up the house...indoor and outdoor temps have equalized...and outdoors is continuing to rise! Highs in the 70's coming? I'll believe it when it happens!

Later...

• parityanimal
    The doctor's assistant called me around lunchtime and assured me she is correcting everything IN ADVANCE this time and calling in the scrip. I just looked at the pharmacy web page and they called in the right scrip for the right amount! It's a miracle!

I understand that Androgel is a controlled substance. Really, I do. But this is for a 55 year old diabetic man who isn't going to get any younger and isn't going to stop being diabetic and is NEVER going to NOT have low testosterone, for the rest of his life...isn't it possible to make exceptions for people with chronic syndromes who will always need this stuff? Is it REALLY necessary for us to get a new scrip every 6 months (instead of every year at least) and force the patient and doctor to go through this instead of just renewing? I can't even REQUEST a renewal or new scrip on the pharmacy web site. Basically I get one renewal, for six months of meds total. I HAVE to call the doctor and request it, or email, or go by (but we see how well THAT worked this time...) for the next six months.

I'm not even taking enough to make me particularly aggressive, much less grow any fabulous muscles. Sheesh.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I went walking, much better walking conditions today than I have had for most of the week too. Temperatures in the 60s and it feels like the humidity is much lower too. I will probably be spending some of the day getting recycling ready for the run to the recycle center tomorrow. Not sure where the old Shredder goes, They will have to decide.

It's Friday
    Roger
    a06ycuozgjqa.jpg
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I have a late breakfast steak broiling in the toaster oven. We were up late last night and Lilo graciously let me sleep in this morning.

The fun with that one scrip has started again. On Tuesday morning, I brought the empty box (one of three, as I have started on the last of the three) to the endocrinologists office, showing EXACTLY what form of the medication I need, and the quantity, and the pharmacy number, and asked them for a new scrip to that pharmacy for that medication. As of this morning, no record at the pharmacy of receiving the scrip...you'll recall that the last time I had to cancel THREE incorrect scrips (two to the right pharmacy for the wrong thing or wrong amount) and one to the wrong pharmacy for the right thing.

This morning, as with the last time, I sent email requesting the scrip...and explaining that I had left the box just to avoid going through all this again! We'll see what happens...

Hi Ed
    You do have Your problems with scrips!
    That is one reason why my brother will not get his through the mail, instead he will go to the local Pharmacy and pay a bit out of pocket. When He goes to his meetings he hears complaints like Yours form other retirees that get theirs through the mail all the time. It makes me wonder if the problem is the doctor or the pharmacy.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hi...no longer morning, but still Thursday! :)
    Have been up for a long time, just sitting here reading the web, email, etc. Had late breakfast, and am planning to move after the news.
    Weather man saying more rain here today.
    Lawnmower came home last night! The coil had failed. How's that for an odd occurrence? Anyhow fixed...now for some drier weather so I can use it! LOL!!

Roger, assuming you had your 'frog' wear, walking in the rain is sometimes kinda fun. (sans lightening, of course)
    No Frog wear?, no problem..you just got your walk and shower all-in-one!!! :)

Ed, I can't believe the problems you have with that scrip!! If your doc's office has the name of the pharm, and the box....how hard can it be? YIKES!!

I think its time to close up the house...indoor and outdoor temps have equalized...and outdoors is continuing to rise! Highs in the 70's coming? I'll believe it when it happens!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    No, I carried the jacket in one pocket but decided to take the large umbrella and not the smaller folding one that will fit in the other pocket. I could have used a Third hand when I had to open the umbrella for some of the intermittent rain. One for the Walking Stick, One for the Coffee and the third for the Umbrella :)

It is a beautiful day outside too

I hope Your weather is good too.
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Friday morning!
    Nice this morning, after yesterday's continuing cycles of wet and sun. Ended up with over an inch of rain again yesterday. So about 2.5 inches in 2 days. Damp here for sure. Cool this morning, back porch says its 70 this morning. High expected in the low 80's, and NO RAIN!, today. Saturday the rain returns.

Roger I can just see you with coffee, walking stick, umbrella....and you with only 2 hands. Sounds like something I'd do! :) It would have been a hoot, had you spotted a trail of quarters to pick up! (I think the coffee would have had to go?)

I made sure I got my trash thingy out to the curb yesterday before the last big rain, forgetting that Monday had been a holiday, and pick up would not be on Friday, but on Saturday this week. I set the alarm to take my recycles out before 6:30, so they wouldn't get wet, and when the alarm went off, the lazy side of my brain protested! It was then I remembered about the holiday pickup schedule. Well, looking down the street I see trash cans....lots of them. Guess we all failed garbage this week!!! :)

Coffee this afternoon with Marietta. I'm thinking I'll make dinner before, so I can just reheat at dinner time. I found a plausible sounding Mac & Cheese thats vegan, and I am going to give it a try. Hope its at least 'good', as Mac & Cheese is pretty much a fail of the taste side . Although I have to say, Whole Foods Hot Bar puts out a tasty one, except they put too much red pepper in it, and it burns the insides of my mouth! So there's hope!

Later guys!!!
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2015
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Not much on the agenda today. No rain though, and fairly cool so I may hit the farmers market. The sugar gliders might appreciate some fresh fruit instead of the dried that I've been giving them the last few nights.

Roger, I've only had one time that the difficulty with the mail order pharmacy was the pharmacy's fault. They had (and I guess still have) a "regular" mail order pharmacy and a "specialty" mail order pharmacy that, I suppose, handles items that aren't needed as much or as often or in very large quantities. I really don't know what qualified a medicine as a "specialty" medicine, but one of my prescriptions was on the "specialty" side, and the other mail order prescriptions were on the "regular" side.

The two sides each had their own phone number and their own offices (in separate states and cities!) and if one ordered from the wrong side, they WOULD transfer it to the right side but it added a week or so to the processing time.

Well, I got a notice that my one "specialty" medicine was being changed so that it would no longer be a "specialty" medicine but a "regular" medicine, and that the existing scrip would be transferred and I should have no problems in receiving my medicine. They even gave me a date for the transfer, which, coincidentally, was just about the time that my next refill was due.

Well, the "specialty" side didn't have any web page, and no way for me to order the refill via web, so I had to always make a phone call for the refill. I figured I could wait until it transferred and then use the "regular" side to order my refill.

The transfer date came and went. The scrip wasn't listed on the web site. I waited a week, figuring that it might take a few days for everything to move over. Nope. Waited another week. Nope. Emailed the "regular" side to find what the delay was and to let them know that I was running rather low on the medicine. They verified that I did, indeed, have one refill available, but it seemed to be stuck in limbo somewhere between the two systems. Then it seemed to be eaten entirely by their computer system. They still admitted that they KNEW I had this refill, but since the system ate it, they needed to have a new scrip from the doctor, which we got, and then they had to rush order it and do next day shipping to be sure I didn't run out before it arrived. And then the other refill popped up in the system, out of nowhere. So there were TWO scrips active for the same medicine. Well, they put a hold on the old one and let it expire on date as the new one had three refills anyway...it just got weird.

The more recent fiasco (about six months ago) was definitely the doctor's office with the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing. Somehow they had gotten the wrong form of the medication in the doctor's computer system and even though I had told them the EXACT form and dosage, they still ordered the wrong thing at the right pharmacy. I cancelled that order, via phone call to the pharmacy, before it processed or filled. Then someone else at the doctor's office called in the right scrip but only one month instead of three. Again, I cancelled via phone call, before any damage was done. And then Walgreens (NOT my mail order pharmacy, which is ... well, not Walgreens) emailed and texted me to let me know that they couldn't fill my prescription because of one thing or another and as I wasn't, as far as I knew, EXPECTING any scrip with them, I checked and found out that the third order (from the doctor's office) was for the right scrip, in the right amount, to the WRONG pharmacy. Sigh. On the fourth try, they finally got the right scrip to the right pharmacy but then with all the pre-approval stuff, there was some question about which form was actually approved and the androgel got stuck, though the mail order pharmacy had approval at that point for either one! They finally got that unstuck and sent it, also via overnight, though I had initially requested the scrip in plenty of time to get it via normal mail delivery.

I continue to use the mail order because the co-pay saves me BIG BUCKS that I can't afford to pay at the local pharmacy. Getting old sucks sometimes.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning, Saturday,
    Grandparent test day...up at 0530 to prepare to drive to Sandy Springs GA, to watch the kid play ice hockey. New rink, in an area I know NOTHING about. Come back later to see how many times I get lost!!!

I think we may be in for rain today?

Later...