Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    She's home now, resting in one of her favorite spots. J and company went to see the remake of Murder on the Orient Express, but I declined to stay home and keep an eye on Lilo, since she did get a shot while at the vet. I may join them for dinner at a Thai restaurant later. Or I may decline on that too. We'll see, in a couple of hours.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Happy Christmas Eve!

45 out there now with an expected high of 53 and no chance of precipitation.

Finishing up laundry now. J is expecting to leave this morning for Kentucky but, knowing his usual timing, that will probably not happen until this afternoon and possibly later, but I think he'll manage to leave by early afternoon, as he likes to spend Christmas Eve evening with his family. His mother is probably working today but will get off around 6:00 when Kroger closes.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2017
    Odd name, by today's standards, but decent dessert. Not sure if I've had either of these brands. Maybe the Simpson's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYcuxQSayBY
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    ExRiKv.jpg

VJ9xhk.jpg

aNW8Dl.jpg
    I've got a Mole on my Arm do I call pest Control or a Dermatologist ?

BNnyaX.jpg

QGdDKy.jpg

7ncZho.jpg

V3Faoc.jpg

kovCS7.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + 1 damp dollar bill and 1 corroded penny, Whee. The temperature this morning was 34 on the porch and 35 on the cable channel. The rain arrived on time as was forecast yesterday and ended overnight.

If anyone wants the chocolate banana bread recipe as well, let me know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/12/21/mysterious-australian-wwi-submarine-found-after-103-years-oldest-naval-mystery-solved-discovery-103/972636001/
    Mysterious Australian WWI submarine found after 103 years

https://ntknetwork.com/nfl-team-says-anthem-protest-has-caused-people-to-stop-coming-to-games/
    NFL Team Says Anthem Protest Has Caused People to Stop Coming to Games

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-detains-230-boys-girls-drinking-dancing-103434091.html
    Iran detains 230 boys and girls for drinking, dancing

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-22/subway-closes-909-stores-2017-its-beginning-crisis
    Subway Closes 909 Stores In 2017: It's The "Beginning Of A Crisis"

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/12/20/holiday-packages-environmental-recycling/
    Holiday Packages Are Causing An Environmental And Recycling Nightmare

http://beta.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-cerutti-mastodon-20171222-htmlstory.html
    How an ancient mastodon ignited debate over humans’ arrival in North America

Havw a Merry Christmas Eve
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...Saturday.
    Way too warm for December..and as Ed said, its gonna rain 100%! Weather human said we could have storms. Sorry you're having snow for Christmas morning Roger, and so glad I'm not!

Roger I use the self check at Costco because its quicker...some peeps shop not with carts, but pallets on wheels! Don't know what to call those things that hold a LOT of stuff. (I think they're buying for small stores, or places like our gym for instance...we pick up cases of water, about a dozen cases a week from either there or Sam's Club). Those peeps go thru the check out lanes, leaving the self checks for those of us with fewer things!

Ed, I surely hope Lilo isn't getting sick! She's had lots of 'changes' lately with lively kittens, and now house guest, etc. She may just need a little 'down' time.

Today my plan is to wrap gifts. We'll see if that happens. The kids are betting on Sunday night. Which has been my 'usual' routine!

OH!! GOOD NEWS..I hope...I found my Panettone yesterday while shopping at Aldi's!!! I was happy as a clam. Its one 'wrapped with silver paper and big red ribbons and a bow! I'm thinking about taking it to Lisa's as a hostess gift on Christmas morning. That way I can have a slice, and not eat the whole thing which is what would happen if I keep it here.

And... I just got a message from Amazon, that the Magnesium supplement I ordered last week has shipped, and will arrive tomorrow...Sunday, Christmas Eve... Love their automated system, but sometimes it makes lousy decisions. I really could have waited til Tuesday ya know!!!

Ok, I've turned the furnace up to 70, and my little bathroom should be toasty warm...so
    heading for the shower...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    What did Your Weather Rock say about rain ?

If I said that by shopping early at CostCo the other day I was able to roll up to the register with no waiting. I also Arrange things so the the cashier can scan the codes without moving any items :)

I was in the local grocery store buying a can of crushed Pineapple to use on the Ham when it is baked tomorrow. They had a couple brands of Panettone on a shelf. I also picked up some Sliced Roast Beef off of the clearance area that I have popped into the Freezer section for use as the protein portion later next week or the week after. One was $0.73, the second was $1.47 and the third was $0.94....

I also stopped at the Dollar Store and bought a quart of 1% milk for next years use, With a use by date of Nov. 21, 2018 :0

Enjoy Your Panettone
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I've eaten these Jamaican patties. They're all right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXu4-d4yYBs
  • RogerToo
    Well, Lilo was a little dehydrated from severe diarrhea, so they gave her a fluid treatment. I requested urinalysis and urine culture because of her UTI history, and they gave her an antibiotic shot. I had given her an appetite stimulant this morning and they recommended continuing with that (leftover from Ariel) and start her on a probiotic, of which I still have half a box from Lilo's last UTI. That should, hopefully, be needed only for a few days.

With the lab work, treatments, and exam this was a $293.40 trip to the vet. My wallet is in the other room quietly weeping.

Not regretting spending the money on a mixed case of wine (that will probably arrive Tuesday or Wednesday) but could have saved that money. Oh well, I'll enjoy it and it was a really good price so it wasn't TOO much money. Not nearly as much as I spent on the cat, but they always get the best and I get the leftovers so I'm used to that. :)
    Hi Ed
    I can understand the wallet weeping at that amount, mine would be unable to cope with a bill that large currently.

Enjoy the Wine OTOH, Drown Your sorrows so to speak.
    She's home now, resting in one of her favorite spots. J and company went to see the remake of Murder on the Orient Express, but I declined to stay home and keep an eye on Lilo, since she did get a shot while at the vet. I may join them for dinner at a Thai restaurant later. Or I may decline on that too. We'll see, in a couple of hours.
    Did You happen to hear if the movie was any good, I enjoyed the older one and so often a remake is improved to the point it is actually worse than the older original.

Nothing wrong with Thai food :)
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Happy Christmas Eve!

45 out there now with an expected high of 53 and no chance of precipitation.

Finishing up laundry now. J is expecting to leave this morning for Kentucky but, knowing his usual timing, that will probably not happen until this afternoon and possibly later, but I think he'll manage to leave by early afternoon, as he likes to spend Christmas Eve evening with his family. His mother is probably working today but will get off around 6:00 when Kroger closes.
    J may have some trouble with traffic ? I say question as I am not familiar with traffic heading from Ga. to Kentucky.

Just in case Merry Christmas
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Here is one of Roger's Moldy Oldies
    Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7u0ghPuaEE
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    J may have some trouble with traffic ? I say question as I am not familiar with traffic heading from Ga. to Kentucky.

Roger

Usually he hits the worst traffic just getting out of the Atlanta area, but that can vary depending on what day of the week it is and what time he leaves.

As it's Christmas Eve, he may encounter some issues indeed with other last minute travelers on the road.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »

Roger

Usually he hits the worst traffic just getting out of the Atlanta area, but that can vary depending on what day of the week it is and what time he leaves.

As it's Christmas Eve, he may encounter some issues indeed with other last minute travelers on the road.
    I can understand the metro area being worse. I suspect that there will be lots of last minute travelers out there, procrastination knows no season.

I think I did not mention this :)
    I bought some Stocking stuffers at the Dollar Store while I was out walking, Things I know my brother can use such as a couple of large Calendars and Decorated Boxes he can Reuse with the things he bakes and hands out. When I was there I bought a quart of 1% milk for next years use, With a use by date of Nov. 21, 2018

I was in the local grocery store buying a can of crushed Pineapple to use on the Ham when it is baked tomorrow. They had a couple brands of Panettone on a shelf. I also picked up some Sliced Roast Beef off of the clearance area that I have popped into the Freezer section for use as the protein portion later next week or the week after. One was $0.73, the second was $1.47 and the third was $0.94....

I have had the bargain cuts before and they were good so I figured what the heck :)

Have a Nice Christmas Eve
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Overcast, mostly chilly, blah outdoor day!
    I have to admit that wrapping didn't happen yesterday. So Jack was right...gift wrapping will happen today, Christmas eve as usual!!!

I will not find money today on my exercise time...not going to the gym!
    Roger you did quite well today with your 'damp dollar bill' :)
    Hadn't heard a Spike Jones anything for a very long time. Mom and Dad had an old 78 record of Spike Jones music. Bud and I loved it! especially the chaotic parts.

Ed, hope Lilo continues to improve in her favorite space. Not much fun for anybody when our fur babies are not feeling well.
    I'll assume J goes north on 75? and then up north on ?64?...its been awhile since I lived in TN. I may have my Interstate numbers confused...ya think??

OK, on with my day..

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Merry Christmas Ed and Roger!
    I'll probably not be around til late evening. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you two, and wishing a very merry, happy, Christmas Day !!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. Merry Christmas Monday!

It's 30 out there now with an expected high of 39 and no chance of precipitation.

Time to clear the sink and get breakfast together and then, in a while, get the goose going. And make stuffing. And get the green bean casserole in the oven and then have dinner.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...