Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 34 out there now with an anticipated high of 50 and 100% chance of rain, which I can verify, as it's raining now.

Cats are jonesing for their breakfast, which I'll attend to after I finish this mug of tea and start the next one. Garbage and recycles to the curb tonight for pickup tomorrow morning.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Egg sitter seat cushion. Does it really work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOSK8ley-M4
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2018
    I haven't seen the chewy caramel, and I'm not sure I've seen the mint flavor, but J doesn't like mint chocolate anyway. Tim Tams are available here, at our local Kroger store. They remind me, a lot, of the British favorite, Penguins, which are also a chocolate biscuit with chocolate filling, enrobed in more chocolate.

We liked the Tim Tams but the Penguins come individually wrapped, which makes portion control a bit easier. I have no plans to do the "slam" with any Tim Tams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4MLcs-bnM
  • parityanimal
    Simon's Cat: Guide to boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDjYY7nW7cY
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Guys!
    Long day so far...working on taxes, found my mistake, can't complete my taxes as I do not have this year's PI Pin number that was supposedly sent to everyone in the mail...arg!

Sending the 10,000 steps article from the BBC one way or another . today . period!!!
    Meanwhile see if this will work for you..…:) If not let me know.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42864061

Ok, going to finish reading and watching your posts...so far only thru yesterdays...the Veggie Bullet group. Its big, but I could give up my spiralizer with the hand crank, and another kitchen gadget or so, but...not for the price or space!

Gray, gray, gray here since I got up this morning...the rain gauge showing I got nearly 3 inches of the wet stuff overnight. WOW.

Tom cat is a pest...a cute pest though, guess I'll keep him!!! LOL!! I think the return date was almost 14 years ago!!

Ok, now on to read the rest of Rogers posts and articles from this morning. I saw the memes, and loved the BatMan snow man! That took some work! (not to mention skill)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ed...I'd never heard of, and obviously didn't notice the Tim-Tams...if I should find them I may try the 'slam'...and then throw away the rest of the box of Tim Tams... Sounds interesting!
    At first I thought Emmy had lost her little Japanese mind!!! But, now I'm curious!!!

I'm getting chilly from just sitting around, so time to get up and 'do something'...

Looking forward to the sunshine tomorrow (predicted). :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eArKOH.jpg

wXxRtZ.jpg

0CJNDP.jpg

IdPAZt.jpg

vXbEqM.jpg

aLjboH.gif

fbzkwg.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 34 on the porch and 36 on the cable news channel, Warmer than yesterday. Despite the warmer air than yesterday I ended up short cutting my walking after hitting icy patches and slipping.
    The rain in the forecast for yesterday arrived with a few snow flakes that quickly turned to rain into the evening.

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far. Whee
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting/time-restricted-eating

https://www.cnet.com/news/drone-hovers-over-jet-landing-at-las-vegas-airport/
    Drone hovers right above jet landing at Las Vegas airport

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Guys!
    Long day so far...working on taxes, found my mistake, can't complete my taxes as I do not have this year's PI Pin number that was supposedly sent to everyone in the mail...arg!

Sending the 10,000 steps article from the BBC one way or another . today . period!!!
    Meanwhile see if this will work for you..…:) If not let me know.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42864061

Ok, going to finish reading and watching your posts...so far only thru yesterdays...the Veggie Bullet group. Its big, but I could give up my spiralizer with the hand crank, and another kitchen gadget or so, but...not for the price or space!

Gray, gray, gray here since I got up this morning...the rain gauge showing I got nearly 3 inches of the wet stuff overnight. WOW.

Tom cat is a pest...a cute pest though, guess I'll keep him!!! LOL!! I think the return date was almost 14 years ago!!

Ok, now on to read the rest of Rogers posts and articles from this morning. I saw the memes, and loved the BatMan snow man! That took some work! (not to mention skill)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I guess I am lucky that I got my taxes done so early, Hopefully the Check arrives quickly. I was following the advice to get them done ASAP to beat any possible scammers getting mine before I do.

I have not found a need for a spiralizer TBH, What do You do with it.

It sounds as if the Cat has passed it's return by date.

That did work and I highlighted the link then right clicked on it and chose open in a new tab using FireFox.
    Ed...I'd never heard of, and obviously didn't notice the Tim-Tams...if I should find them I may try the 'slam'...and then throw away the rest of the box of Tim Tams... Sounds interesting!
    At first I thought Emmy had lost her little Japanese mind!!! But, now I'm curious!!!

I'm getting chilly from just sitting around, so time to get up and 'do something'...

Looking forward to the sunshine tomorrow (predicted). :)

Later...

Good Luck Getting Sunshine
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

36 out there now with an anticipated high of 50 and no chance of precipitation. I'll take that.

I will probably get out today if only for a bag of kibble for Kiara and Dinah, and some paper towels. Maybe milk and eggs too.

Breakfast was a small pork chop, scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon crumbles, and a thin slice of sourdough toast. Yep, still got some of that same sourdough in the freezer that I bought last month and there's a few slices left. I'll have to start watching for another "oops, we overbaked" sale on that though. I checked that section when I went to Kroger last week, but there wasn't any sourdough. They did have some other kinds of store baked bread, but nothing that caught my fancy. I might even be willing to pay full price for the sourdough if I see any, despite my being a penny pinching old codger. I try not to look at the full price store baked goods and just zero in on the WooHoo rack, because the bakery is usually one of the first places I go through in Kroger, right after the produce section. I don't need to be looking at cookies, cakes, fresh baked bread, rolls, and pies, making me hungry, at the start of my shopping.

There are some things worth paying full price for though. Sourdough bread is sometimes one of them. Good cast iron cookware is another, but full price doesn't mean the most expensive, as the most expensive might not be the best deal. But then, the cheapest rarely is either...

Dinah is jonesing for breakfast and I'm almost ready for another cup of tea anyway.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    I don't usually find videos where someone gets seriously hurt amusing at all. But I'll make something of an exception here...hard to believe that her boyfriend/husband actually came back for the packages!

I read in the comments that the woman was identified and arrested, and that the boxes contained the home owners medication.

Don't know if that's true, but you really would have thought the thief might have taken a clue when she broke her leg trying to steal them, that maybe she was doing WRONG.

Instant karma...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdq2VQqLQR8
  • parityanimal
    Now let's all cheer up with ferrets meeting a kitten for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Km0E7CC54
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2018
    Stuart eats some 20 year old tinned food. Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJvjWaz3hg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hello!! Its me........
    Gym, nap, cat time, few items from the Mex. market, etc...day is gone.

Roger glad you got your taxes done...mine are completed, but I don't have that IP Pin..was supposedly mailed? So, tomorrow I will w ork on that and go to the gym, etc.

Ed, the kitten and the ferrets..cute. Wasn't sure which animals I should be concerned over, injury wise, but it looked like the ferrets and the kitten were pretty much even.
    I wouldn't have touched let alone eaten the 20 year old food!!! Protein, canned, can rusty..nope!!
    And the pair of thieves. Loved your comment..."Instant Karma'!!! I'd say so!

It was indeed a lovely day today. Tomorrow the clouds, Wednesday the rain! Oh well, today was lovely!!! :)

Roger glad you cut your walk short...slipping and falling on ice...not good!

Ok, kitchen to clean up, and a cat yelling at me. Little bossy brat!

Later...

• RogerToo
    3yvM8A.jpg

rV5P1F.jpg
    Palm Tree :)

eG1h0l.jpg

2JJwuP.jpg

S7SwoA.jpg

N3boyg.jpg

kTEQHi.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 25 on the porch and 27 on the cable news channel, Cooler than yesterday. Their is Snow turning to rain in the forecast for Tomorrow.

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far. Whee
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting/time-restricted-eating

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/679459/Half-shark-dolphin-mystery-sea-creature-viral-picture-Australia-Sea-World
    Half-shark half-dolphin: Mysterious sea creature discovery baffles experts
    By Siba Jackson / Published 4th February 2018

http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/u-s-city-to-experiment-with-universal-basic-income/
    California city to experiment with 'universal basic income'
    Residents to get $500 a month, no questions asked, as starting point

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/arkansas/shelby-miller-collared-507631
    February 2, 2018
    Arkansas Cops Arrest Man Named Shelby Mustang GT500 Miller

https://apnews.com/78f8044e5dda43a0aa44a026b9307f66/Egypt-says-4,400-year-old-tomb-discovered-outside-Cairo
    Egypt says 4,400-year-old tomb discovered outside Cairo
    By MENNA ZAKI

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

36 out there now with an anticipated high of 50 and no chance of precipitation. I'll take that.

I will probably get out today if only for a bag of kibble for Kiara and Dinah, and some paper towels. Maybe milk and eggs too.

Breakfast was a small pork chop, scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon crumbles, and a thin slice of sourdough toast. Yep, still got some of that same sourdough in the freezer that I bought last month and there's a few slices left. I'll have to start watching for another "oops, we overbaked" sale on that though. I checked that section when I went to Kroger last week, but there wasn't any sourdough. They did have some other kinds of store baked bread, but nothing that caught my fancy. I might even be willing to pay full price for the sourdough if I see any, despite my being a penny pinching old codger. I try not to look at the full price store baked goods and just zero in on the WooHoo rack, because the bakery is usually one of the first places I go through in Kroger, right after the produce section. I don't need to be looking at cookies, cakes, fresh baked bread, rolls, and pies, making me hungry, at the start of my shopping.

There are some things worth paying full price for though. Sourdough bread is sometimes one of them. Good cast iron cookware is another, but full price doesn't mean the most expensive, as the most expensive might not be the best deal. But then, the cheapest rarely is either...

Dinah is jonesing for breakfast and I'm almost ready for another cup of tea anyway.
    Hi Ed
    I walk past the Bargain in Store bakery shelves which can be somewhat hard as it sits in front of the bargain refrigerator. Sourdough Breads do not tempt me luckily.

I will be going to the ShopRite later as I want to pick up some Fruits as all I have left is some citrus.
    I don't usually find videos where someone gets seriously hurt amusing at all. But I'll make something of an exception here...hard to believe that her boyfriend/husband actually came back for the packages!

I read in the comments that the woman was identified and arrested, and that the boxes contained the home owners medication.

Don't know if that's true, but you really would have thought the thief might have taken a clue when she broke her leg trying to steal them, that maybe she was doing WRONG.

Instant karma...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdq2VQqLQR8

Canned Egg & Bacon Breakfast ? Why is what comes to mind, OTOH if I saw a can that was not expired I might buy it for the shelf as a just in case food.

I plan to watch that video later...
    Karma can be a bleep :smiley:
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!! Its me........
    Gym, nap, cat time, few items from the Mex. market, etc...day is gone.

Roger glad you got your taxes done...mine are completed, but I don't have that IP Pin..was supposedly mailed? So, tomorrow I will work on that and go to the gym, etc.

Ed, the kitten and the ferrets..cute. Wasn't sure which animals I should be concerned over, injury wise, but it looked like the ferrets and the kitten were pretty much even.
    I wouldn't have touched let alone eaten the 20 year old food!!! Protein, canned, can rusty..nope!!
    And the pair of thieves. Loved your comment..."Instant Karma'!!! I'd say so!

It was indeed a lovely day today. Tomorrow the clouds, Wednesday the rain! Oh well, today was lovely!!! :)

Roger glad you cut your walk short...slipping and falling on ice...not good!

Ok, kitchen to clean up, and a cat yelling at me. Little bossy brat!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    What could go wrong with 20 year old canned protein in a rusty can ?

BTW did You ever mention what a IP Pin is ?

Well I was sore for the rest of the day and I do have a smallish bruise, Oh well it could have been worse.
    I got out later in the morning again as I walked to the bank which brought up my walking time to normal. It had turned bitter out due to a brisk breeze with gusts of wind that went through my clothes.

The footing was good this morning. If Yesterdays weather forecast is to be believed the day will start with snow and turn to rain where I am and be mainly a rain event in South Jersey.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 41 out there now with an expected high of 62 and 20% chance of precipitation.

I did get out to Aldi yesterday. Lunch yesterday was home made Mexican "pizza" made from two small flour tortillas each, fried crisp, and sandwiched with refried beans, topped with red enchilada sauce, and then sprinkled with Mexican blend cheese. Since there are 4 tortillas left, I could fry them for lunch today. I'll think about that.

Dinner last night was an appetizer (so-so) of battered, fried jalapeño slices with cream cheese yogurt ranch dip, and then red beans and rice. I had some microwave grilled kielbasa with my beans and rice. May eat the rest of the kielbasa for breakfast. Pondering.

Speaking of breakfast, best get on that.

• parityanimal