Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 37 on the porch and 37 on the cable news channel, Warmer than yesterday. The sky is overcast and there is a light precipitation Falling. The weather forecasts were for rain overnight changing to snow and then as the temperatures keep falling through the day to become icy. I did see a light snow falling as I looked under the streetlights. It does not seem top be sticking anywhere except on cars and lawns. Hopefully it will not impact out trip to the Eye doctor. Both my Brother and I have appointments for this morning.

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far. Whee
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting/time-restricted-eating

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/678546/Tube-London-Underground-Notting-Hill-Gate-Woman-Dragged-Under-Coat-Bag-TFL-Station-Help-Me
    Tube horror as woman 'dragged screaming onto tracks by London Underground train'
    By Henry Holloway / Published 31st January 2018

https://www.defensenews.com/breaking-news/2018/01/31/second-navy-sm-3-block-iia-ballistic-missile-intercept-hawaii-report/
    https://www.defensenews.com/breaking-news/2018/01/31/second-navy-sm-3-block-iia-ballistic-missile-intercept-hawaii-report/

Oh Oh :(

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/dog-granted-unemployment-benefits/
    Michigan Man Receives Letter Granting His Dog Unemployment Benefits
    January 31, 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/31/coffee-shops-might-display-cancer-warnings-california/1082274001/
    Coffee shops might display cancer warnings in California
    USA Today NetworkAshley May, Published Jan. 31, 2018

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/678399/peru-steel-spheres-mystery-brazil-satellite-peruvian-air-force-alien-invasion-asteroid
    Mystery as three huge steel spheres fall from sky leaving thousands terrified
    By Rory McKeown / Published 31st January 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5335353/Gamer-paralysed-waist-20-hour-binge.html
    Gamer is PARALYSED from the waist down following a nonstop 20-hour internet cafe binge
    By Tracy You For Mailonline, Updated: 10:20 EST, 31 January 2018

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/barbecue-sauce/barbecue-sauce-tirade-174923
    Man Arrested After Waffle House Tirade Over Eatery's Lack Of Barbecue Sauce
    Well...he said he'd go to *KITTEN* jail over some barbecue sauce and he was true to his word, at least...
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/684975/Atlantis-FOUND-8-5-mile-pyramid-discovered-at-bottom-of-the-ocean
    Atlantis FOUND? '8.5-mile pyramid' discovered at bottom of the ocean
    COULD this bizarre object, described as a giant ancient pyramid and found at the bottom of the sea, be a clue to the site of the mythological City of Atlantis?
    By Jon Austin, UPDATED: 07:59, Wed, Jan 31, 2018
    Aliens!
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/New-Jersey-Dennys-Plates-Fight-Vineland-Social-Media-471713774.html
    Eggs, Chairs Fly During Massive Brawl at NJ Denny's
    Updated at 1:33 PM EST on Jan 30, 2018
    I like Denny's food once in a while and I like the senior discount there too. I wouldn't have wanted to be at that one at that time though!
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/world/article197360089.html#fmp
    Broken toilet forces plane with 85 plumbers aboard to turn around
    By Don Sweeney, January 30, 2018 07:42 AM
    Well...that's rather amusing. And ironic, but I can see that a normal plumber would not be able to do anything with an airline toilet as they aren't really plumbing.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Consumer-Reports-Ranks-Americas-Grocery-Stores-Wegmans-Trader-Joes-Costco-422111784.html
    Consumer Reports Ranks America's Supermarkets From Best to Worst
    By Megan Merrigan, Monday, Jun 26, 2017

As YOu Look at this we Have Acme, Aldi, Costco & Shoprite nearby and Wegmans is a bit of a drive with Trader Joes being further away. I am still waiting for the Whole Foods that seems to have been under construction forever.
    I have shopped in Hy-Vee, It was good.

I had never even heard of a lot of these grocery stores. Not at all surprised to see Aldi and TJ's near the top. Ingles looked pretty good in the ratings too, and even though it's not a big presence here, I do like the store I go to. The only Martin's I've ever seen was, curiously enough, in Martinsburg, WV. :)
    Hi Ed
    The company that owns Acme owns a lot of chains of grocery stores.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albertsons
    With 2,200 stores and more than 250,000 employees, the company is the second largest supermarket chain in North America after Kroger
    Snipped

Acme: 178 locations (CT, DE, MD, NJ, NY and PA) [91]
    Albertsons: 575 locations (AZ, AR, CA, CO, ID, LA, MT, NV, NM, ND, OR, TX, UT, WA and WY)
    Amigos: 4 locations (TX)
    Carrs: 24 locations (Alaska)
    Haggen: 15 locations (OR and WA)
    Jewel-Osco: 187 locations (IL, IA, and IN)
    Lucky: 4 locations (CA and NV) and Utah
    Market Street: 12 locations (TX)
    Pak 'n Save (California)
    Pavilions: 36 locations (Southern California)
    Randall's: 44[92] locations (Greater Houston and Greater Austin)
    Safeway: 1,308 locations (Alaska, Arizona, Northern California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, Northern Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming)
    Shaw's and Star Market: 169 locations (MA, ME, NH, RI and VT)
    Super Saver Foods: 2 locations (UT)
    Tom Thumb: 64[92] locations (Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex)
    United Supermarkets: 37 locations (North Texas and Texas Panhandle)
    Vons: 325 locations (Southern California and Southern Nevada)

I can not remember when I ate at a Denny's, beyond that it was many years ago :)

Some people have no common sense. I watch a show called Parking Wars in reruns where they show Ticketing, towing, Booting and the impound Lot interactions with the public. I am amazed at how dense some of the people are when they are getting a ticket for parking on a crosswalk, Fire Hydrant, Bus Stop, Loading Zone, Etc.

I have the Power Air Fryers videos open in new tabs to watch later, Thanks I had been wondering how accurate the adverts were.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Home from Gymnastics, cat and I just ate. Cat is in a pissy mood today...this morning I was holding, petting, rocking and the little 'kitten' tried to bite me...did the same later this afternoon when I got home from the gym...wonder what the heck I did wrong????

Roger, glad the intermittent eating is working well for you! I pretty much do that all of the time. It is a 'thing', and it works for some. It seems to me an easy thing to do. I'm not sure I buy into some of his 'theories' though. He's d@mn good at cherry picking his facts, and documenting where he found his facts is non-existant! That said, diet is very much an individual thing, and if it works for you roll with it!!!
    Hi Valerie
    So far so good with the Diet changes. I do have a suspicion that any change in eating habits will work well for a while before the loss starts slowing down :) When that happens, time to change to a different one for a while.

Maybe it smells something that You ate ?
    I showed up at the gym today! Was good to see everybody. They were all amused that I took the month of January off...cuz of the newbies or new sneakers as they are often known by! I spent many frustrating Januarys....no more! The owner was there, and gave me a big hug and welcome, explaining the the wide eyed (new) young lady at the desk, that I was 'family'!!!
    And I went just gonna walk half hour...and Buzz (owner) said they'd gotten the new piece of equipment in that our trainer was so excited to get...so I had half hour to kill before the class started for it. I'd tell you the name, but I don't think I ever looked for a name...its a 'something 360' I'll check that out tomorrow, if I can get to the gym...lots of cardio, and that new thing is all upper body...shoulders, back, arms, etc. One of the things is something I'd seen before, but never used...its two ropes and your alternate lift and 'flip'..like you'd do a towel out of the dryer...anyhow, because you alternate right and left arms, those ropes dance in a wave like motion...I could do the right arm, but didn't have the strength to make that left rope dance!!! :(. I know that ropes like that were used at Golds Gym in a 'special training' area that you paid extra to work with the trainer. Always fascinated me..today more like frustrated me!!

Ok, cat's outside, I'm ready to pack it in and get some sleep.
    BTW Roger, since I skipped breakfast today, I ate a light lunch about 3p, a big salad at 5p from Sweet tomatoes, and a toasted sandwich when I got home from O's gymnastics class...and I did it in a 7 hour window!!! It was not intentional...just worked out that way.

Later...

If I said that makes sense, New year, new users that lose interest fairly quickly.
    "New Sneakers" :)

Sometimes You just are not hungry.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
    Oh, also of interest...I found quite an article on this 10,000 steps a day. Seems its based on some study done in Japan in the late 1800's!!! Who knew??? LOL!!
    if I said I'd be interested in a link ?

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 32 out there now with an expected high of 42 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I don't think we actually got any precipitation at our house yesterday either, which was fine by me. My plain Brillo pads arrived yesterday, so I got started on re-seasoning some more of the cast iron.

I never was totally pleased with the seasoning on my existing three regular cast iron skillets, and the 10 inch round griddle, particularly the bottom cooking surfaces, so I decided to re-season those too.

The round cast iron griddle was sort of done yesterday morning, though I might re-season the cooking surface on that one yet again, as I didn't really scrub the surface and I'm not totally happy with how it looks. We'll have to see how it does on cooking. The "new" 10 inch pan took it's second coat Wednesday beautifully and does well on cooking.

Yesterday, the 7 quart Dutch oven, which just had some rust spotting on one side of the exterior, got done along with the two small, round, shallow skillets. You can see where I scrubbed the dutch oven as that part is a bit lighter than the rest of the exterior but hopefully the seasoning will be sealed well enough, and I may give just the exterior another coat. I don't worry so much about the appearance of cast iron as the utility.

The two 3 1/2 inch mini-skillet/spoon rests I dug out of the back of the kitchen gadget drawer looked fine so I didn't re-season them at all. They are good and black and no sign of any rust, so they are in the pot and pan cabinet, which I did re-organize on Tuesday, tossing a few of the worst scratched up sauce pans and one small non-stick skillet. I may lose some more non-stick skillets as I seem to have accumulated rather an abundance of those, but some are in really good condition still. I tossed both of the 7 to 8 inch non-stick skillets as too scratched up so I sure hope I do a good job on the 6 inch cast iron re-seasoning!

Right now the lid for the 7 quart Dutch oven is in the oven along with the 8 inch cast iron skillet, the Christmas (Holiday?) tree shaped shallow skillet/cookie mold, and the 5 inch square "wonder" skillet that scrubbed up pretty well, after a vinegar/water soak, so I have high hopes of it re-seasoning nicely. I don't know whether the company who made it really call it a wonder skillet, but apparently the Lodge version is called that, though I'm not sure why.

For making square egg sandwiches the 5 inch wonder skillet should be perfect. I'd probably use two eggs, but one might be enough to spread nicely across the bottom. I know one egg did very nicely in the 5 inch, shallow, round skillets. Also, assuming the bread is the right size, one could probably do a grilled cheese sandwich in the wonder skillet, though it might be a slightly tight fit.

When these have cooled enough to come out, I have the old 10 1/2 inch skillet and the 6 inch skillet left to scrub and re-season. I will probably start the vinegar/water soak for them about half an hour to an hour before I think I'll be removing what's currently in the oven. That should dissolve and loosen up the ugly, not well done, cooking surface gunk nicely, as it did with 8 inch skillet, and they'll be ready to oil and bake.

Eddie has been busy with the cast iron stuff! While this is baking maybe I can test that cooking surface on the 10 inch round cast iron griddle. I don't necessarily expect that one to look as uniform on the cooking surface as the others simply because of the nature of how a griddle is used, with food not necessarily covering it and not as much oil generally in use on it, so I may just have to live with the surface not quite looking uniform, as long as it works well. In a while I'll try an egg in the middle, where it looks like it might be "less" seasoned but might be just fine. If that doesn't work out, then I'll completely scrape and scrub and re-do that griddle.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited February 2018
  • parityanimal
    Update: The 10 inch round cast iron griddle had no problem with an egg cooked in the center where I was unsure of the seasoning. No sticking problem at all. I'm sure over time the overall appearance will even out.

The stuff in the oven is cooling. I did check the appearance of the (HOT HOT HOT even through a hot pad) smaller stuff, and put it back in the oven to continue cooling. The square wonder skillet looks a little uneven in the insisde but parts of the interior were darker to begin with, and I didn't totally remove all of the prior coating as I don't think it neede it. I think it will be fine. I'll test later, and if not, re-season one more time!The Christmas (Holiday?) tree looks BEAUTIFUL and dark all over and inside, and the entire pan, including the cooking surface, of the 8 inch skillet look great and dark. As the cooking surfaces of the 10 1/2 and 6 inch skillets were in similar condition, I have no doubt they will come out looking just as good. The top of the lid for the 7 quart cooker looks great and I'm not too concerned about the inside of that as it's not a cooking surface anyway, and was just getting another layer on what already looked to be a fine finish. I'm sure the inside will be fine.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Roger I have the article on my desk top as a pdf file. I will try to attach it. I think I know what I did wrong with my earnings, taxes withheld, etc. Will go back and see if I can correct it. Funny how if you just spend some early morning time sorta awake, but not quite awake...you can often get answers!!! (or at least I think that is the issue)

So,on to attaching a pdf file...fingers crossed.

well as you may have guessed, That didn't work so well!!!

drag and drop///fail
    attach file////fail
    Later I'll do some clipping and cut and copy the darn thing!!! LOL!!

Right now I need to hit the shower, head to the gym, eat my lunch, and be home by 2p. The heat and air guy is coming between 2 & 4.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2018
    Oh, one other update. As the new 10 inch pan has only had potatoes fried in it, I told J he could claim that one as his vegetarian cast iron frying pan. At one time he had "threatened" to get out all the cast iron and repurpose all of it as vegetarian only. I told him that was not gonna happen. LOL.

So he has the 10 inch one, and his stainless steel wok, which, honestly should be enough for him. He uses the wok for most of the little cooking he does anyway and probably won't even use the frying pan much, but he might, for fried potatoes.

And I can use all the other cast iron for whatever. Though I imagine all the miniature stuff will be used for mostly eggs, maybe the occasional corn pancake or muffin thing, so it will likely stay vegetarian too.

In fact, most of it will probably stay mostly vegetarian, as the only one I'm likely to be cooking much meat in is the 10/12 inch one, in which I may make simmered chicken, beef, or pork dishes. I'm expecting most burger, steak, seared chop kind of things will likely be done in the microwave grills, though I could, possibly, do some of that in the big, round, cast iron griddle, or maybe occasionally bacon, though I usually do that on paper towels and a microwave safe plate, in the microwave too. It's just easier cleanup.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 31 out there now with an expected high of 48 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I don't think there is actually anything on the agenda for today. I am a little low on the cat food that Dinah and Kiara share, but I don't have to get it today. Tomorrow or even Monday, possibly Tuesday will be fine.

Hope everyone had a great Groundhog day!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    And part 2 of the Veggie Bullet review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3je-3HWoszE
  • parityanimal
    A fun summer toy? Or a weapon of mass destruction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZQ5cVS4SiA
  • RogerToo
    o71bNV.jpg

7h2ZPK.jpg

XN9MiI.jpg

0DI9R5.jpg

BzjZCq.jpg

Uoz2WU.jpg

adQS46.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 14 on the porch and 16 on the cable news channel, A fair bit colder than yesterday. The light precipitation that was falling never amounted to anything beyond ice on the windows that looked like rain drops around here. The trip to the Eye doctor where both my Brother and I had appointments for this morning was speedy and uneventful. The roads and sidewalks were dry. OTOH there was the occasional car or pickup truck that had a fair amount of snow on the roads and parking lots that must have come from somewhere that did get snow.

We stopped at the ShopRite on the way home where I stocked up on discounted Deli products from the bargain Refrigerator, Typically 30% to 50% off. I shall be using the Bargain lunch meats as a part of my Mid Morning snack once I have used more of the Hard Boiled Eggs. Roasted Chicken Breast, Roasted Ham and Italian Roast Beef. And some other meats to use as Proteins with my meals. Currently all residing in the Freezer Section :)

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is working really well so far. Whee
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting/time-restricted-eating

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/01/law-and-order-svu-suspicious-package/
    ‘Law & Order’ Caterers Leave Coffee Urn Near Manhattan Courthouse, Cause Scare
    February 1, 2018 at 3:38 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/31/amazon-warehouse-wristband-tracking
    Amazon patents wristband that tracks warehouse workers' movements

https://www.wsj.com/articles/to-deal-with-a-flu-onslaught-emergency-rooms-expand-into-waiting-rooms-and-hallways-1517481000
    To Deal With a Flu Onslaught, Emergency Rooms Expand Into Waiting Rooms
    The worst U.S. flu season in almost a decade has forced hospitals to find extra space to treat patients

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article197715684.html
    California is collecting so much of your money it can’t save it all

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Update: The 10 inch round cast iron griddle had no problem with an egg cooked in the center where I was unsure of the seasoning. No sticking problem at all. I'm sure over time the overall appearance will even out.

The stuff in the oven is cooling. I did check the appearance of the (HOT HOT HOT even through a hot pad) smaller stuff, and put it back in the oven to continue cooling. The square wonder skillet looks a little uneven in the insisde but parts of the interior were darker to begin with, and I didn't totally remove all of the prior coating as I don't think it neede it. I think it will be fine. I'll test later, and if not, re-season one more time!The Christmas (Holiday?) tree looks BEAUTIFUL and dark all over and inside, and the entire pan, including the cooking surface, of the 8 inch skillet look great and dark. As the cooking surfaces of the 10 1/2 and 6 inch skillets were in similar condition, I have no doubt they will come out looking just as good. The top of the lid for the 7 quart cooker looks great and I'm not too concerned about the inside of that as it's not a cooking surface anyway, and was just getting another layer on what already looked to be a fine finish. I'm sure the inside will be fine.
    Hi Ed
    Congratulations on getting the Cast Iron Seasoning done. I have a Steel (?) really Deep sort of Wok Pan that has a small flat area on the bottom that keeps it on the burner properly. I used it for Deep Frying and other foods that needed the depth. I did also use it to cook a pound of Bacon ahead of when I planned to use it. Then I used the rendered Bacon fat to deep fry French Fries, They were very tasty cooked in the Bacon fat :)
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 31 out there now with an expected high of 48 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I don't think there is actually anything on the agenda for today. I am a little low on the cat food that Dinah and Kiara share, but I don't have to get it today. Tomorrow or even Monday, possibly Tuesday will be fine.

Hope everyone had a great Groundhog day!
    I wish I warm temperatures here like that here. There is a possibility of Rain or Snow or a a mix that the forecast was saying could keep going back and forth during the fall.

The Actual Groundhog Day was good, The Eye Exam went well. No Glaucoma and what was described as only a small change in the prescription for glasses. I am hoping that I can get the same model frame as these are the most comfortable I have ever had.

The News showed that Punxsutawney Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. whereas Staten Island Chuck predicted an Early Spring :)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/02/groundhog-day-2018/1088175001/
    Groundhog Day 2018: Punxsutawney Phil predicts 6 more weeks of winter

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-chuck-predicts-early-spring-groundhog-day-article-1.3794704
    Staten Island Chuck predicts early spring on Groundhog Day

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Roger I have the article on my desk top as a pdf file. I will try to attach it. I think I know what I did wrong with my earnings, taxes withheld, etc. Will go back and see if I can correct it. Funny how if you just spend some early morning time sorta awake, but not quite awake...you can often get answers!!! (or at least I think that is the issue)

So,on to attaching a pdf file...fingers crossed.

well as you may have guessed, That didn't work so well!!!

drag and drop///fail
    attach file////fail
    Later I'll do some clipping and cut and copy the darn thing!!! LOL!!

Right now I need to hit the shower, head to the gym, eat my lunch, and be home by 2p. The heat and air guy is coming between 2 & 4.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    If You had a link to where You go the pdf file that would work :)

Oh, I do not recall You mentioning needing HVAC service.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's tasty dinner was beans (great northern for J, pinto, with bacon, for me), fried potatoes, and Mexican cornbread. Wine from Portugal.

Cornbread was baked in my 8 inch cast iron skillet and the potatoes were fried in my 10 1/4 inch cast iron skillet.

Now that I've got them all properly seasoned, they are all back to the accessible area of the cabinet and the non-stick stuff is largely put to the back. The cast iron is very heavy, but other than that it wins hands down.
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2018
    WMWC6S.jpg

Lcm3Yh.jpg

h7rB65.jpg

JnPTTX.jpg

ZvNt30.jpg

kHJy3p.gif

v9EmjF.jpg

6MG4x6.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2018
    More Humor :)

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 28 on the porch and 30 on the cable news channel, 14 degrees warmer than yesterday.
    There is rain in the forecast for later today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/americas-most-hated-companies/
    America's most hated companies
    Last Updated Feb 1, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/german-mosque-must-stop-broadcasting-call-prayer-court-152133977.html
    German mosque must stop broadcasting call to prayer, court finds
    Reuters•February 2, 2018

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42916261
    Sprawling Maya network discovered under Guatemala jungle

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cape-towns-water-crisis-hitting-tourism-officials-135242363.html
    Cape Town's water crisis hitting tourism - officials
    By Wendell Roelf, ReutersFebruary 2, 2018

In a bid to limit the economic damage, which could spell jobs losses in a country with 25 percent unemployment

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/678511/Apocalypse-End-of-the-World-Magnetic-Poles-Flip-Scientists-Uninhabitable-Solar-Storm-Field
    Earth's magnetic poles ‘about to flip’ killing MILLIONS leaving parts ‘uninhabitable'
    Earth’s magnetic poles have flipped every 200,000 to 300,000 years according to the historical scientific record.
    Scientists believe a flip is long overdue, as the last one was approximately 780,000 years ago.

I say not happening in my lifetime :)

Here is a link to a pdf of the Controversial document is anyone is interested
    http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-20180129-SD001.pdf
    Or here
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nunes-memo-declassified-today-gop-despite-fbi-warnings-grave-concern-live-updates/

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Tonight's tasty dinner was beans (great northern for J, pinto, with bacon, for me), fried potatoes, and Mexican cornbread. Wine from Portugal.

Cornbread was baked in my 8 inch cast iron skillet and the potatoes were fried in my 10 1/4 inch cast iron skillet.

Now that I've got them all properly seasoned, they are all back to the accessible area of the cabinet and the non-stick stuff is largely put to the back. The cast iron is very heavy, but other than that it wins hands down.
    Good Morning Ed, Valerie
    That sounds like a tasty Dinner, And of course almost everything is better with Bacon :)

It is a good trade off, weight versus handiness with the Cast Iron IMO.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger