Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I shall be having a Ore-Ida "Just Crack a Egg" for breakfast. I decided to try something new and it caught my eye when it was being advertised which is rare for me.
    https://www.meijer.com/product/grocery/dairy/eggs/specialty-eggs/ore-ida-just-crack-an-egg-rustic-3-oz/t1/t1-865/t2/t2-9974/t3/t3-212/t4/t4-1939/2100006755.uts

Today we get lucky here in NJ, According to the Weather report I saw before heading out most of the Snow will miss NJ with only 1 or 2 inches falling here.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

It was Ore-Ida. So...was it all-righta? (I used to watch way too much TV. Can you tell?)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I've eaten, Lilo has had her Tuesday shot (and a few treats right after) and they're all waiting for their canned cat food. Some more patiently than others.

It's 34 out there with an expected high of 53 and no chance of precipitation.

Might do some laundry today. Might not. We did not go to the meeting last night, which suited me just fine. J had some work he needed to continue with rather late into the afternoon and I really wasn't feeling like going anyway. I did get out, briefly, to Publix. That was after I'd eaten dinner but before J had any. I had the rest of the leftover barbecue from the weekend, along with a couple of pita triangles, and for J I warmed up some leftover roasted potatoes (carry home from Friday night's party) and made him a grilled egg and cheese sandwich. Later I saw that he had some raisin bran, after I'd gone to bed.

I also need to clear the sink.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Well, nuts!

Take with several grains of sea salt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jSJ_6W1DY
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2018
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    Busy Day...only 3 errands, one load of clothes, an hour chat with Jack, half hour rocking cat, throw in a couple meals...that's my day!

Cold in the mornings, and too warm for that coat that felt so good around 8 a.m.!

I was expecting a different sort of story about nuts with Ed.s video. I was expecting 'all cashew's are cooked' (true-ish), or ______is a healthier nut than _____, etc.

I read a couple of Rogers news clips...will be interesting to hear how the 'crack an egg' breakfasts went tomorrow morning! I suspect if I ate eggs, I might even try one of those for breakfast. :)

Got a new sale flier from Costco...will read that tonite from the comfort of my warm little bed! Also I need to really pay attention to these last few Scrabble words. We are getting down to the wire, and Ted is only 5 points ahead of me. If the 'tile gods' are with me, I could actually win this one!!

Ok, my yawns are so big they're making my eyes watery...Time for sleep.

See you all tomorrow!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    0rB7iG.jpg

RPaKlR.jpg

896LuE.jpg

efHpBV.jpg

33kQVd.jpg

lwgka7.jpg

CqMXmr.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking again and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 32 on the porch with a brisk breeze. Yesterdays snow ended nice and early and there was no accumulation. For today's walking the sidewalks and streets were much better than they have been the last few days.

The scale was nicely lower than yesterday morning, again, It seems that the "Time-restricted eating" combined with a 100% NS plan is still working well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/11/whole-foods-calls-meeting-with-key-vendors-as-tensions-flare.html
    Whole Foods calls meeting with key vendors as tensions flare

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/03/12/austin-police-second-reported-explosion/
    Austin Police: Second Explosion Today Similar To Others That Killed 2

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/12/arnold-schwarzenegger-sxsw-trump-big-oil-me-too-217345
    http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/03/12/schwarzenegger-used-private-jet-for-daily-commutes-to-californias-governors-mansion/
    Schwarzenegger used private jet for daily commutes to California’s governor’s mansion
    But the actor now wants to take oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/experts-warn-of-digitally-altered-video-becoming-weaponized/
    Expert warns of "terrifying" potential of digitally-altered video

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article204583809.html
    Bra bandits stole $11,000 worth of Victoria's Secret lingerie, Folsom police say

http://www.wmur.com/article/judge-rules-nh-powerball-winner-can-keep-name-private/19408539
    Judge rules NH Powerball winner can keep name private

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I shall be having a Ore-Ida "Just Crack a Egg" for breakfast. I decided to try something new and it caught my eye when it was being advertised which is rare for me.
    https://www.meijer.com/product/grocery/dairy/eggs/specialty-eggs/ore-ida-just-crack-an-egg-rustic-3-oz/t1/t1-865/t2/t2-9974/t3/t3-212/t4/t4-1939/2100006755.uts

Today we get lucky here in NJ, According to the Weather report I saw before heading out most of the Snow will miss NJ with only 1 or 2 inches falling here.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

It was Ore-Ida. So...was it all-righta? (I used to watch way too much TV. Can you tell?)

Hi Ed
    I enjoyed it, OTOH The Jimmy Dean version that has the egg in it was just as tasty so I have a craving for one it will depend on which one I can find on sale :wink:
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I've eaten, Lilo has had her Tuesday shot (and a few treats right after) and they're all waiting for their canned cat food. Some more patiently than others.

It's 34 out there with an expected high of 53 and no chance of precipitation.

Might do some laundry today. Might not. We did not go to the meeting last night, which suited me just fine. J had some work he needed to continue with rather late into the afternoon and I really wasn't feeling like going anyway. I did get out, briefly, to Publix. That was after I'd eaten dinner but before J had any. I had the rest of the leftover barbecue from the weekend, along with a couple of pita triangles, and for J I warmed up some leftover roasted potatoes (carry home from Friday night's party) and made him a grilled egg and cheese sandwich. Later I saw that he had some raisin bran, after I'd gone to bed.

I also need to clear the sink.
    Grilled Egg & Cheese, Tasty I'm sure.
    I would likely put it on the 40 calorie per slice bread plain or toasted and use the 40 calorie per slice Velveeta which also melts easily. The local eateries put them on a Hard Roll AKA Kaiser Roll or a English Muffin.
    Well, nuts!

Take with several grains of sea salt!
    I wish I could eat Cashews, I really like them, However they cause a problem with itching a day or two later that takes days to clear up. At least I can eat all other type of nuts including Peanuts.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Busy Day...only 3 errands, one load of clothes, an hour chat with Jack, half hour rocking cat, throw in a couple meals...that's my day!

Cold in the mornings, and too warm for that coat that felt so good around 8 a.m.!

I was expecting a different sort of story about nuts with Ed.s video. I was expecting 'all cashew's are cooked' (true-ish), or ______is a healthier nut than _____, etc.

I read a couple of Rogers news clips...will be interesting to hear how the 'crack an egg' breakfasts went tomorrow morning! I suspect if I ate eggs, I might even try one of those for breakfast. :)

Got a new sale flier from Costco...will read that tonite from the comfort of my warm little bed! Also I need to really pay attention to these last few Scrabble words. We are getting down to the wire, and Ted is only 5 points ahead of me. If the 'tile gods' are with me, I could actually win this one!!

Ok, my yawns are so big they're making my eyes watery...Time for sleep.

See you all tomorrow!
    Hi Valerie
    I wonder if the Crack an Egg would work with Egg beaters ? As I mentioned I did enjoy it. the one I had was 170 calories + whatever the egg added, The other on I bought to try is 100 calories + the eggs calories. I doubt You would have either of them as they have pork or turkey sausage, OTOH Since it had three individual pouches in the cup, One for the sausage, one for vegetables and another with the Cheese...
    It would be easy enough to duplicate, Vegan Egg Substitute, Potatoes & vegetables and Vegan Cheese and likely quite a bit cheaper. I bought them since I am Cheap (Frugal).
    I gather from what someone else said that The NS Gift Cards are going on sale. I do not know the price or duration and wanted to know as I have none left.

Good Luck with the Scrabble
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 35 out there now with an expected high of 50 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've eaten (eggs and leftover potatoes, to finish off the last of the "hot" leftovers from the show - still have some pita bread left though) and the sink is cleared. The dishwasher is running, both to wash dishes and to clean the dishwasher and after that's done I'll see about cleaning the filter as it's been a year (yesterday) since the dishwasher was installed and the instructions said to clean that at least once a year. I guess I'll find out how much trouble that is today! Should be interesting, if not fun.

Cats are ready for their breakfast any time and I may have to go and find some pie as it's PI DAY TODAY! Maybe pizza pie for dinner? I'd actually like some fruit pie though...

6nh5rcokxrrj.png
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2018
    Interesting international menu items at McDonald's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh0GNbIB_c8
  • parityanimal
    Signs you're eating pre-made food at a restaurant. But then, how do you think some of them manage such perfect consistency across the country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cziqFw4nsMY
  • parityanimal
    Accupressure to lose weight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udye9mI2K_M
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 35 out there now with an expected high of 50 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I've eaten (eggs and leftover potatoes, to finish off the last of the "hot" leftovers from the show - still have some pita bread left though) and the sink is cleared. The dishwasher is running, both to wash dishes and to clean the dishwasher and after that's done I'll see about cleaning the filter as it's been a year (yesterday) since the dishwasher was installed and the instructions said to clean that at least once a year. I guess I'll find out how much trouble that is today! Should be interesting, if not fun.

Cats are ready for their breakfast any time and I may have to go and find some pie as it's PI DAY TODAY! Maybe pizza pie for dinner? I'd actually like some fruit pie though...
    Hi Ed
    If I had those leftovers I would fry the Potatoes and then when they were nicely browned I would add and Egg and Scramble it into the potatoes. I like that Combo, And if I had precooked bacon I would crumble that into the eggs when they are added. Everything is better with Bacon or Butter :smiley:

I'm guessing that the user manual should tell You how to clean that filter, Or a YouTube Video or both ?

If I said I am thinking a Good Cherry Pie would be tasty, Notice I said Good. Or what the ShopRite sells in a deluxe version, Their Very Berry Pie is both Sweet and Tart from the mix of berries.
    OTOH a Good Thin Crust Pizza, Yummy too.

When I watched Yesterdays Jeopardy one of the contestants mentioned Pi Day since that is the day he and hid wife were married.

Interesting international menu items at McDonald's.
    I would buy that one, I think a Bacon Potato Pie would be tasty :wink:
    Signs you're eating pre-made food at a restaurant. But then, how do you think some of them manage such perfect consistency across the country?
    If I said I never thought about it, The reason make sense however.

Have a Good Day and Stay Warm
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Its dark outside! Computer says 8:39...must be p.m.!! LOL!
    Needy cat seems to finally be settled...oh my good grief! Worse than a toddler! :)

Got my chores done early enough today that I could have a nap! Now that's a WIN!
    Roger, Egg Beaters as I recall are egg whites??? So that's a no go, and the vegan egg is usually ground flax and water. Not exactly what I'd want to eat 'straight up'. I'll for go the cup...though...it could no doubt be recreated with tofu and some liquid adjustments...not really worth the trouble. I make a 'mean' tofu scramble...firm or extra firm tofu, and turmeric, and what ever makes you happy in scrambled egg...like onion, or peppers, or mushrooms, etc.
    So I'm pretty sure that would work.

Also Roger when I read that you had issues with Cashews, it triggered a memory...so I did your research and found:
    An allergic reaction to cashew may cause symptoms of hay fever or asthma when cashew nut allergens are inhaled or consumed. Runny or stuffy nose, itchy eyes, nose, itching on the roof of your mouth and coughing are common respiratory symptoms. ... People allergic to cashews may also experience stomach cramps or vomiting.Aug 14, 2017

Anacardiaceae. Cashews, Anacardium occidentale are in the same family as poison ivy and poison sumac. Like those plants, the cashew plant contains powerful chemical irritants known as anacardic acids, so handling and eating raw cashews will cause the familiar itchy skin reaction in people sensitive to the chemicals.Sep 6, 2013

So, I"m going to guess that you are allergic to Poison Ivy too? How about Mango? (mango seems to give people with PI issues a problem) So far I can eat Mango...but I really have to steer clear of the 3 leafed vine known as poison ivy!!!

Ok, now I'll save this and to read Ed's contributions...OH, before I do, I laughed right out loud at the big cat looking into the cage of the Dwarf Guinea Pig! To the cat that must look like the equivalent of a 'mini snickers bar!!!' Poor little critter probably scared to pieces. Big ole bratty cat... :)

The Vegan lasagna sounds delicious, but it would take me half a day to make. It would have to be freezable, big time! Says it makes 10 servings...YIKES! I may just make some béchamel sauce as I need it. That is one really great sauce, easy to make and versatile!

I forgot to buy some Pi....how dumb can I be? Probably just as well though!
    Woke to read the headlines about Stephen Hawking...so sad to lose such a great mind. Living 50+ years with ALS..that is an accomplishment.

Ok, here comes needy cat, fresh from about an hours nap.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, we had Pi. Pizza Pie AND white chocolate silk pie. J loves regular chocolate silk pie and when I saw the "limited time" white chocolate silk pie at Publix I just had to buy one. Not a full size pie, of course, but a small one. So I ate 1/4 of my meat, meat, meat pizza and some of the pie, along with some red wine. J had half his cheese, cheese, cheese pizza and some pie. No red wine.

It was a tasty dinner and we celebrated Pi day in style!