Options
    Easy vegan one pot dinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLeLuBCifas
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to everyone!
    Kathie, hello!! Good to see you.

The Food Summit I've been trying to watch is still having issues, but I discovered yesterday when I missed one of the speakers, that if you watch the rerun, it comes thru perfect?!?!?! It is quite frustrating to have phrases repeated. Not every one, but I'd guess it was over 50%. So, I will listen later today.

I woke at 6 a.m., and decided it was much to early to get up and be coffee-less for hours. So, when I woke the second time it was of course later than I had in mind..so hopped thru the shower, etc, and arrived at little Doc's. Their computer system was down, and they couldn't draw my blood...(insurance billing issues...good grief). So, home and into my grubby clothes so I can go outside and trim or eradicate some of those brambles! And Yes Roger, I do need a new place to keep my garage door opener...It will have to be outside, and therein lies the problem! LOL! Major crisis? Not!!
    Hi Valerie
    Been there done that, Go to catch 40 winks and end up getting up much later.
    Great job of handling a computer problem, Not.
    Ed, weird food and a wine a day! Enjoyed your posts. I'll pass on the cheese drinks and the sparkles in my coffee too!! I try to remember to have a glass of wine..but mostly I forget to pour it!! :).

Wonder why, Roger, that grit accumulates where your brother sits in the living room? Almost has to have something to do with the soles of his shoes, I'd think. I might also be tempted to put a small throw rug in front of his chair? Easier to shake a rug than to vac. a whole room!! Just call me Lazy Mary!

Ok...time to get moving. I may take a little walk. Yesterday afternoon this new Fitbit suggested I might like to take a 'stroll'!! Just what I need, a bossy piece of GPS tracking that measures my heart rate and not only counts my steps, but judges me as well. ARG!!!

Later...
    I suspect that it is design of the shoes soles. I have noticed that mine pick up things if I stray off of the Sidewalks or roads. We both wear the same brand of shoes...

It seems to accumulate where he throws the shoes after taking them off so it could be the impact loosening the grit.

Too much so called smarts in many things these days. That is one reason I use the cheapo FitBit Zip, it only does step counts, computed distance and calories burned and displays the time so it has also become my pocket watch, it seems to work well from inside the pocket too.
    Does the one You have also have GPS ? I'm not sure I would want to carry something that could be reporting everywhere I go.
    Simon's Cat was funny! Reaffirms my decision to not let Tom E. in my bedroom though. When we lived in TN Ted had a cat. I worked nights, slept days..boys at school. 'Bill the Kat' would perch in my window and watch for the school bus, and then would leap from the window onto my middle. 4 cat feet, felt like a ton each!

Got to the hen house!! Still have more to do, and another pile of brambles, vines, etc to haul off tomorrow. This truly is going to take all week.

Also little Doc's office called about 6p. and said they 'think' they will be safe scheduling me for Wednesday...what ever is wrong must have been a doozy!

See you in the morning....
    That area must have been really overgrown, I should talk FWIW :smiley:

I wonder if there was a hardware or software problem. I would also ask them if they were hit by ransomware or hacked.

Have a Good Day and Good luck with the clearing
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,584 Member
    Options
    And my name is Ed! (or Eddie, or Eduardo, or even Edweirdo, depending on what hat I'm wearing at the time...)
    Oh, Kathie, my name is Valerie in case you were wondering. long story, short ending...fb made me use my real name. Upset me, and half my friends from NS and more. Oh, well.
    later...

• RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 now with an expected high of 81 0% chance of rain in Peachtree Corners.

Sink has been cleared and breakfast eaten. I've given Lilo her Tuesday morning shot and need to get laundry going. I also need to get the cats fed.

I might get to the grocery store today as well and see if anything from last week's specials is needed, or I might just wait and go tomorrow to check out the new specials.

I might be going to Myrtle Beach for a night or two this weekend, as J's bosses are dying to meet me. It's a small company and they like to know the family. One of them actually already knows me because she used to live with us, in our apartment, when J first started working in the Atlanta area many years ago, as they both worked together then too, and both had the same issue of moving back and forth between Memphis and Atlanta, though she spent almost all of her time in the Atlanta area, going back to Memphis only to visit family.

Shortly thereafter she changed jobs and moved on but her husband and the owner of the company that they both now work for want to meet me too. The husband sees what I post on FaceBook and the owner was astonished one night when J was in Myrtle Beach and they were having dinner at a restaurant. I happened to look on Google Maps, noticed where J was, checked the menu (online) and texted EXACTLY what J was having for dinner, in the form of a question. Nailed it.
    Good Morning
    First thing since I forgot to mention it before, Great Image, Tugboat - TubGoat :smiley:

FWIW the Shoprite starts the new weeks specials on Sundays and the Acme starts them on Friday and also has a 4 day specials page in their circular. The ShopRite specials from their circular where they new one start on Sunday could be a handy thing for people that like to shop on the weekend. My Brother usually does a twice a week trip. I was there with him Sunday and did take advantage of sale prices, as an example. I bought 5 of the WW Smart Ones entrees that were on sale for 5 for $10 and then added in the digital coupon for and additional $2 off. Total savings from Coupons and sale price discounts for that trip came to a grand total of $22.19, Whee.

Since the ones I bought were all under 200 calories and low carb I am using them for a Dinner or a Lunch Entree. Yesterday I had the Turkey with Creamy Mashed Potatoes for my lunch.

So many things I miss since everybody wants to announce things in tweets :( I am not joining that or FB or any other social site beyond here :wink:
    To be fair, the restaurant in question had a very limited vegetarian selection and, knowing J's tastes, I had little trouble figuring out that dinner was Penne with vodka marinara, and a garden salad, but this still rather stunned the boss. And I'm sure that some other items on the menu could have been adapted to be vegetarian. I, of course, saw several meat and seafood dishes on the menu that looked tasty to me.

They had wanted me to be there on that trip but Lilo was having some issues and I needed to stay home with her and the other cats, and besides, that trip was a whole week of meetings and it was also Dinah's first whole week out in general population with the other two cats, and there was no way we were going to disappear for a week. We haven't yet really looked for a pet sitter since we moved into the house here and generally just don't go very far or for more than a couple of nights since D moved back to Arizona and is no longer living here to do that for us.

We can leave enough of everything for a couple of nights. The cats don't like it, but you do what you have to.

Well, better get to finding some interesting videos, brew another mug of tea, and get the laundry going. The cats will get their food at the usual time, in an hour or two...
    I'm sorry to hear about Lilo having issues, nothing serious I hope.

Animal Sitter, Now there is a job I never thought about.
    Top 5 healthiest nuts you can eat? (Remember, you are what you eat. I am definitely a nut...)

I love Nuts, I even love Cashews, I wish I could eat them, however there are plenty of other nuts available. If it were not for the cashews I could by the CostCo Large Jar of fancy mixed nuts. My main problem with nuts is that they are so good I end up eating way to many.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Good evening to all. Home from work. We had a nice sunny spring/summer like day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    GpfJrG.jpg

H7lGvk.gif

CXmVBg.jpg
    Nutjob

Q0TmCv.gif

7ZKDZ8.jpg

J24PDN.gif

7UzHsf.jpg

HgnP6w.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and 35 cents that I spotted while walking across a shopping center parking lot. The temperature this morning was 53 degrees. The walking was fine today and today's high is forecast to be in the 80s as well as in the 80s for at least two more days.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/3651507/posts
    ‘How Long Do I Have Left?’ AI Can Help Answer That Question

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/30/the-five-habits-that-can-add-more-than-a-decade-to-your-life
    The five habits that can add more than a decade to your life

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/eerie-pictures-show-desolate-streets-12453086
    Eerie pictures show the desolate streets of Fukushima, seven years after 100,000 fled for their lives after nuclear disaster

https://www.fastcompany.com/40565662/why-outdoor-nature-preschools-are-gaining-traction-with-parents
    Why outdoor “nature preschools” are gaining traction with parents

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/30/fda-weedkiller-glyphosate-in-food-internal-emails
    Weedkiller found in granola and crackers, internal FDA emails show

https://nypost.com/2018/04/30/toxic-vomit-inducing-caterpillars-are-invading-london/
    Please keep them there and out of here.
    Toxic, vomit-inducing caterpillars are invading London

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ocular-melanoma-eye-cancer-detected-two-groups-huntersville-north-carolina-auburn/
    "What's going on?" Rare form of eye cancer detected in two groups in two states
    But it has been identified in a group of 18 patients in Huntersville, North Carolina, and in a second group in Auburn, Alabama

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good evening to all. Home from work. We had a nice sunny spring/summer like day.

Hi Kathie
    I see I beat everybody here posting today :wink:

Today through the next couple of days we are forecast to have summer weather, There goes the Electric bill up, up and away :(

Have a Good Day Working
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 54 now with an expected high of 84 0% chance of precipitation.

Tiny bit of laundry left to fold and may get out to the store today.

• parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Restaurant foods to steer clear of (according to some chefs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-2l5pKt6a0
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 54 now with an expected high of 84 0% chance of precipitation.

Tiny bit of laundry left to fold and may get out to the store today.
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the Videos, I plan to look right away. No Precip in the forecast for several days, OTOH Summer like Temps :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger!
    Hello everyone! Tickles me to see Roger post Hi Valerie....my first clue that I either didn't post, or something!

It was an interesting day. Went to little Doc's, and gave them my good red vegan blood! The waiting room was FULL like I'd never seen it, as was the parking lot!!
    Came home and ate some lunch then went grocery shopping. :) Yep, I've learned...it really does make a difference how full you are when you shop! I also filled the gas tank for my car!

Then I came home put stuff away, and took about an hour's nap before attacking the back yard brambles! Spent about an hour out there. Almost done...another hour I think, but I hate to do it just now...it was full of bees. So I'll wait til the blooms fall off for that little patch.
    I've got an ear of corn and half a sweet potato in the microwave, and about a cup and a half of broccoli and cauliflower left over from yesterday's dinner. So, will be eating soonly!!

Not at all surprised about the article about Glyphosate in the foods they mentioned. It is in truth in damn near everything. And its found in cord blood of newborns. Think of that for a minute. The FDA and USDA both aggravate the heck out of me . When the food supply got out of control several decades ago the FDA stepped in, and said they would get that all straightened out...and would be able to trace our food right back to the field it grew in....well, not quite apparently.
    AND this, Roger is why I eat whole foods, organic as much as possible. If I had a sunny spot I'd have a garden and grow as much of my own as I could. But...when you live at the edge of the woods, and there are big trees everywhere....no garden.

I can remember when Russia couldn't feed their own people. I fear the day will come here one day, and a lot sooner than most people suppose.

HI Kathie! Glad you're enjoying the weather where you live! Its has been wonderful here in GA! I so love being able to leave the house without putting on coats, etc. Makes me happy!

Ed, I watched the Vegan One Pot Meals...several of them look very interesting! I may have to try them, not this week, as I have a full pantry and refrigerator/freezer after my trip to Kroger today. I saw the cutest little tiny baby...I couldn't quit looking at him sleeping like a little trooper!

And as I left Kroger someone in the parking lot spoke to me...it was one of my gym members that I haven't seen for now 4 years! Was good to see her, and meet her son, who appeared to be about Nate's age. So, all in all its been a really good day!

Later...
  • faithfornsKathie
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Kathie

Today through the next couple of days we are forecast to have summer weather, There goes the Electric bill up, up and away :(

Have a Good Day Working
    Roger
    Good evening Roger. Love the funnies today.
  • faithfornsKathie
    Options
    Good evening to all. It was a long busy work day. Ready to hit the hay. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    yXbYOd.jpg

pv14QF.gif

VdKwn3.jpg

bjtBT5.gif

XL61nD.jpg

yrx3np.gif

gugU01.jpg

943Y1E.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger!
    Hello everyone! Tickles me to see Roger post Hi Valerie....my first clue that I either didn't post, or something!

It was an interesting day. Went to little Doc's, and gave them my good red vegan blood! The waiting room was FULL like I'd never seen it, as was the parking lot!!
    Came home and ate some lunch then went grocery shopping. :) Yep, I've learned...it really does make a difference how full you are when you shop! I also filled the gas tank for my car!

Then I came home put stuff away, and took about an hour's nap before attacking the back yard brambles! Spent about an hour out there. Almost done...another hour I think, but I hate to do it just now...it was full of bees. So I'll wait til the blooms fall off for that little patch.
    I've got an ear of corn and half a sweet potato in the microwave, and about a cup and a half of broccoli and cauliflower left over from yesterday's dinner. So, will be eating soonly!!
    Hi Valerie
    I hate that when I need to park and there is no spot available.

It works, eat first and less of an impulse to buy junk food.

Yesterday was till the vegetable beds, My Brother ran the tiller and I did the leveling and in the one bed pulled a ton of weeds that had spread into it since last fall.
    The Buzzing from the Bumblebees was loud as they flew past my head too.
    Not at all surprised about the article about Glyphosate in the foods they mentioned. It is in truth in damn near everything. And its found in cord blood of newborns. Think of that for a minute. The FDA and USDA both aggravate the heck out of me . When the food supply got out of control several decades ago the FDA stepped in, and said they would get that all straightened out...and would be able to trace our food right back to the field it grew in....well, not quite apparently.
    AND this, Roger is why I eat whole foods, organic as much as possible. If I had a sunny spot I'd have a garden and grow as much of my own as I could. But...when you live at the edge of the woods, and there are big trees everywhere....no garden.

I can remember when Russia couldn't feed their own people. I fear the day will come here one day, and a lot sooner than most people suppose.
    I was somewhat surprised by the Glyphosate...
    OTOH Roundup is widely used, I have used it myself on the invading Ivy from the yards behind the house.

Sadly organic is sort of too expensive for me except on sale when it is the same price or lower than the non organic.

I remember that day too, where Russia bought a lot of our grains.
    HI Kathie! Glad you're enjoying the weather where you live! Its has been wonderful here in GA! I so love being able to leave the house without putting on coats, etc. Makes me happy!

Ed, I watched the Vegan One Pot Meals...several of them look very interesting! I may have to try them, not this week, as I have a full pantry and refrigerator/freezer after my trip to Kroger today. I saw the cutest little tiny baby...I couldn't quit looking at him sleeping like a little trooper!

And as I left Kroger someone in the parking lot spoke to me...it was one of my gym members that I haven't seen for now 4 years! Was good to see her, and meet her son, who appeared to be about Nate's age. So, all in all its been a really good day!

Later...
    I agree about the weather, today I left the house in a short sleeve pocket T-Shirt and the safety vest. I thought I was walking sort of slow, Then I looked at my step count and time and I was wrong :wink:
    The Pocket Ts I wear is to have a handy place for my iPod.

Nice to meet old acquaintances

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Ed
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Kathie

Have a Good Day Working
    Roger
    Good evening Roger. Love the funnies today.

Hi Kathie
    I'm glad to hear that You love the funnies, that is why they are done. Everybody needs a good laugh.
    Good evening to all. It was a long busy work day. Ready to hit the hay. :)

Hopefully today is an easier day for You.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 56 now with an expected high of 85 and no chance of precipitation.

I've cleared the sink and had my breakfast. The cats will have theirs in a while. Lilo got me up a bit earlier than I wanted to but to be fair J's phone had been making noises for a while already that kept waking me from my dozing.

Supposed to be going to Myrtle Beach this evening to meet the bosses-in-law at tomorrow night's barbecue. Well, what else do you call the boss of your spouse? LOL.

I've been given to understand that the hotel isn't particularly close to anything, though I did see an art museum 1.4 miles away or less and may check that out while J is at work tomorrow. Or I may just hang around the hotel. We'll see.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...