Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and No cents. The Temperature out the door was 70 degrees and I was Comfortable again until the homeward leg of my walk. It is supposed to become hot later today with rising humidity.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/07/us/heat-wave-los-angeles-wxc/index.html
    Thousands without power in Los Angeles after high demand due to heat wave

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/San-Francisco-rent-most-expensive-world-average-13046919.php
    Study: It's harder to escape high rents in SF than in any city on earth

https://www.kentucky.com/latest-news/article214472069.html
    Woman accused of selling meth in Magoffin courtroom while waiting for judge to appear

http://znews24.com/phone-calls-are-dead-voice-chat-is-the-future/
    Telephone Calls Are Lifeless. Voice Chat Is the Future.

https://pilotonline.com/business/jobs/article_90fa066e-7a28-11e8-b99f-23e678a81da5.html
    Low-income seniors find paying gigs through federal non-profit program

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 69 with an expected high of 90 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats, clean up yesterday's cat bowls, and go out to buy cat food and kitty litter. I may also have lunch at a nearby hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that I never tried before but is now under new management. Review I had read while they were under the old management largely indicated that the food was great but the service was severely lacking, with insufficient staffing and, of course, slow service and a long wait time for the food.

With those reviews I wasn't in any hurry to try it out unless I had a long time I wanted to expend on a given meal. But J noticed the "new management" sign and suggested I try it for lunch today, and if good, bring some home for him as he'll be working.

So I might do that. And then buy milk on the way home maybe. No grocery store is actually on the way home from that restaurant so I'd have to swing around to Aldi for that, and it may not happen. On the other hand, if I wait to buy the cat food and kitty litter until after lunch, it could, but then J's food (if I bring any) would be a little cooler. Decisions, decisions! LOL. If I'm bringing food home to J, I won't stop anywhere. It's a very short drive home and I should be able to get it to him while still piping hot.
    Hi Ed
    We have a Location here in town that has gone through several reincarnations, I do not know if the owners changed or just the type of food. I'm guessing the same owner as the food has never been that good.

I have no problem with a longish wait for the food if the food is great. If the service is so so and so is the food that is a different matter. Just sit and chat if with people or read the paper or a book while waiting...

I wonder why the phrase Piping hot caught on, I did see this via Google
    https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/piping-hot.html

The only problem I ever had separating Corn kernels was getting the first couple of them off, then easy enough.
    How to make the fluffiest pancakes!
    Hot Having watched this yet, I'm guessing Baking Powder or Baking Soda or a Combo of them, Less Likely Yeast or Whipped Eggs.
    What is Mr. Wolfe eating today?
    That reminds me I have a Dollar Tree Jimmy Dean Sandwich in the freezer :smiley:
    Lunchtime FOOD REVIEW!!!!

Don Julio's Mexican Grill
    5510 Spalding Drive
    Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
    NEW OWNERSHIP and NEW MANAGEMENT with NEW MENU

Please note that I/we never ate there under the old ownership and old management, so never tried the old menu.

While not as good, in my opinion, as our favorite Mexican place, this one is MILES closer to home, so was convenient for a quick lunch trip included with other errands.

I ate in, and ordered carryout for J.

I had the lunch special that included a tamale, a beef enchilada, beans and rice. I also ordered a side of cheese dip with jalapeño.

The salsa and the cheese dip were both good. The tortilla crisps were fresh, thin, and crispy. But nothing special about any of that. All good. All acceptable. 3 out of 5.

The tamale was, in some ways, one of the better ones I've had at such restaurants, though it was served bare, sitting on a piece of corn shuck.

A little chili sauce on top of the tamale might have been nice, and I'm sure I could have requested that, but I decided to eat it naked instead.

The masa dough used to wrap the shredded pork was a bit more crumbly and soft than what I usually get, but this was one of the things that actually made it better in some ways.

The pork could have used a bit more seasoning or sauce but it was quite acceptable as delivered.

Somewhere between 3 and 4 on the tamale. Maybe 3.5 for that.

The beef enchilada came out sitting in a small puddle of red enchilada sauce. Nothing spectacular about the enchilada, but it was at least as good as most enchiladas at this sort of Mexican restaurant. A good solid 3 for the enchilada.

The beans and rice tasted about the same as the beans and rice at most of this sort of place too. A good solid 3.

J had the lunch special that included two enchiladas (I specified one cheese enchilada and one bean enchilada) with beans and rice, and, of course, some chips and salsa, and I saved some of the queso dip for him as well. He said his food was all good. Not the best he's ever had but perfectly acceptable and would be happy to eat it again. I call that a 3.

So the food gets a solid score of 3. I give the restaurant an extra point for quick and friendly service so the restaurant gets a score of 4 out of 5 from me.

And part of that extra point might include the fact that it's almost close enough for us to walk to for a meal. Really, we COULD but not in this summer heat.
    I thought that Tamales were cooked, Steamed in a Corn Husk ?

Acceptable taste and close enough to walk to is not a bad combination :wink:
    I can walk to two Chinese Take Outs locations, Two Pizza places both of which have other Italian foods and one has great Burgers, Fries and Crispy Onion Rings. Then Add in a Fast Food Burger Chain, Texas Weiner location, Diner and all where I do not need a car and You can see why I have had trouble with my weight :(
    On the black and white picture of the disembodied hand and arm of the Statue of Liberty:

https://vinepair.com/cocktail-chatter/statue-of-liberty-hand/

It does look a little strange a disembodied hand sticking up :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2018
    Good Monday Morning!
    Its a bright beautiful morning...inside looking out! No, actually its 71 degrees and a bit of humidity at 65%. I should hurry, and get out the door. Finishing my cup of decaf first!

Slept like a log last night! Your right Roger, a good nights sleep is a blessing.

Roger the black and white photo is interesting...wonder where? and when. Also chuckled over the little mice or rats with the new neighbors!

No soccer until tomorrow, and then its an afternoon game. I was a bit disappointed with the teams that made the semi-finals, but thats sports!

Think I"ll stuff some clothes in the washer and go clean up the trimmings from Sat. evening, and snip off the spent blooms on the rose bushes so they'll bloom again. I have to also decide what I'd like to eat for either lunch or dinner today. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
    Hi Valerie
    The two B&W photos from Mondays Postings are both in New York, One in New York City and the other on Long Island.

Yup Garbage Dump Rats which is where they are located in most of the images I have of them.

That reminds me, I have to go bag up the Trimmings and weeds that were pulled so they can go to the curb for the weekly pickup. Thankfully the town supplies the leaf / Yard Waste bags in the fall and we do not use all of the bundle so No purchase needed. When walking I see Walmart, Home Depot and CostCo yard waste bags being used.
    I was very happy to see that they got at least 4 boys out of that cave in Thailand, and I think they are either in the cave or about to get into the process of bringing out more kids later today. I'm sure the kids are more than ready to be out, and parents are more than anxious to have them out. The parents have sent a letter to the coach saying they are not angry at him and that they are praying for all of them. Such a difference in cultures....if that had happened over here there would not only be a line up of ambulances to swiftly get those kids to a hospital to be checked out, but an even longer line of lawyers waiting to file cases to sue somebody. Its to bad we aren't more like the Thai people.

Later...
    They are doing better than I expected and earlier too with 8 out of the cave as of last night. Hopefully the rest of them and the coach today.

They do not seem to have as many Ambulance Chasers there as here I agree. The Thai People I have met are all friendly and nice.
    Thanks Ed....I didn't know that about Ms Liberty. Maybe we should separate head, shoulders and arm and temporarily move them to TX border. Or White House Lawn??? I am so over this man. And I'll stop there.

Probably best to steer clear of politics :wink:

I forgot to mention the one deer I saw eating the Grade School playground grass yesterday, I was reminded of that when I saw two of them doing the same thing today. I guess they like the taste and openness of the grassy area.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Lilo has had her shot, I've had my breakfast, and the cats have eaten theirs. Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and put down today's kibble. These are not related tasks at all, as the bowls are divided and I put their canned breakfast in the left side and then later put their dry kibble in the right side of the same bowl. The next morning I pick those bowls up and put down the fresh bowls with the morning's canned food already in them.

Tomorrow I have to leave my car at the repair place for diagnosis and hopefully repair. I'm not going to tell the guy to not go over $1,200 but he can't go much over that...hopefully it will be easy and a lot less. The electrical issue has reached a chronic enough point that he can't possibly miss the issue, so at least the symptoms will be obvious if he drives around for 5 or 10 minutes. I've kind of been waiting for them to get that way, since they don't seem to affect drivability, though that could change.

RogerToo wrote: »

I thought that Tamales were cooked, Steamed in a Corn Husk ?

Acceptable taste and close enough to walk to is not a bad combination :wink:
    I can walk to two Chinese Take Outs locations, Two Pizza places both of which have other Italian foods and one has great Burgers, Fries and Crispy Onion Rings. Then Add in a Fast Food Burger Chain, Texas Weiner location, Diner and all where I do not need a car and You can see why I have had trouble with my weight :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Tamales are indeed steamed in a corn shuck/husk. At least at Mexican restaurants and at most food carts. Canned tamales, and some frozen ones, are sometimes steamed in some kind of paper wrapper instead, but all tamales are made from shredded (most authentic) or ground, precooked, seasoned meat wrapped in a masa dough with some kind of additional wrapping around the masa to hold it together while they are steamed to cook the dough. Most places, I think, spread the dough on the corn shuck, spoon on the meat, and then use the shuck to quickly roll the whole thing up to pop into the steamer. I'm sure with practice one could get very good at this.

Then they are often unwrapped and served with a chili sauce and perhaps a sprinkle of cheese. Sometimes, though, they are served still completely wrapped in the corn shucks, and with no sauce but they might have been steamed with sauce, to give them a bit of additional flavor. This time, it was sitting on a piece of the corn shuck, I guess to indicate that it was a REAL tamale and not like the canned ones...but still naked, which I found a little surprising. It was good though, so I had no issues with that. Our favorite Mexican restaurant serves them unwrapped, slathered in a meaty ground beef chili sauce.

Sometimes at home I will steam a couple and then put half a slice of cheese on each and microwave them for 30 seconds or so to melt the cheese.

I've had at least one other restaurant that served them with no sauce, but that restaurant wasn't one I was inclined to re-visit as it isn't particularly convenient to anything and the food was just mediocre. Not bad, just nothing to make me want to go back when there are better places.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    U9iBby.jpg

CcKwGT.jpg

Ii2Cww.gif

Q3uE8g.jpg

6ST1GY.jpg

dFrXTx.jpg

ybMNAU.jpg

QSTtyF.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and I was Not Comfortable. It was still 90 degrees at 9:55 PM :(

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Backlash-building-to-cashless-movement-13060811.php
    Backlash building to cashless movement

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/terrifying-new-species-wasp-stinger-12883024
    Terrifying new species of wasp with a stinger 'like a fierce weapon' is discovered

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/listeria-outbreak-more-50-frozen-12886480
    Listeria outbreak: More than 50 frozen products recalled by Tesco, Sainsbury's and Aldi after deaths

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article214537559.html
    He tried to use his burning car to light a cigarette, witnesses say. Now he's been arrested for DUI.

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/ap/nation/walking-drunk-can-be-deadly/article_9311948c-23c8-58aa-9817-bb776308be6a.html
    No Kiding, Who doesn't know that ?
    Walking drunk can be deadly

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/07/09/parasites-del-monte-vegetable/
    FDA: Parasites In Del Monte Vegetables Causing ‘Explosive’ Diarrhea

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/record-temperature-los-angeles-compromised/
    Record Temperature Readings Throughout Los Angeles Caused By ‘Faulty Weather Stations,’ Meteorologist Says

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12086113
    Radioactive material stolen from vehicle in Mexico City

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article214580410.html
    Despite Chinese markings, fake $100 bills cause a scene at El Dorado Hills intersection

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie

Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Lilo has had her shot, I've had my breakfast, and the cats have eaten theirs. Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and put down today's kibble. These are not related tasks at all, as the bowls are divided and I put their canned breakfast in the left side and then later put their dry kibble in the right side of the same bowl. The next morning I pick those bowls up and put down the fresh bowls with the morning's canned food already in them.

Tomorrow I have to leave my car at the repair place for diagnosis and hopefully repair. I'm not going to tell the guy to not go over $1,200 but he can't go much over that...hopefully it will be easy and a lot less. The electrical issue has reached a chronic enough point that he can't possibly miss the issue, so at least the symptoms will be obvious if he drives around for 5 or 10 minutes. I've kind of been waiting for them to get that way, since they don't seem to affect drivability, though that could change.
    Hi Ed
    As long as it did not affect safety and drive-ability that makes sense to me. Good idea if You were to tell them do not go over $1200 that would give them a target amount to look for problems to get to :smiley:
    Snip
    Tamales are indeed steamed in a corn shuck/husk. At least at Mexican restaurants and at most food carts. Canned tamales, and some frozen ones, are sometimes steamed in some kind of paper wrapper instead, but all tamales are made from shredded (most authentic) or ground, precooked, seasoned meat wrapped in a masa dough with some kind of additional wrapping around the masa to hold it together while they are steamed to cook the dough. Most places, I think, spread the dough on the corn shuck, spoon on the meat, and then use the shuck to quickly roll the whole thing up to pop into the steamer. I'm sure with practice one could get very good at this.

Then they are often unwrapped and served with a chili sauce and perhaps a sprinkle of cheese. Sometimes, though, they are served still completely wrapped in the corn shucks, and with no sauce but they might have been steamed with sauce, to give them a bit of additional flavor. This time, it was sitting on a piece of the corn shuck, I guess to indicate that it was a REAL tamale and not like the canned ones...but still naked, which I found a little surprising. It was good though, so I had no issues with that. Our favorite Mexican restaurant serves them unwrapped, slathered in a meaty ground beef chili sauce.

Sometimes at home I will steam a couple and then put half a slice of cheese on each and microwave them for 30 seconds or so to melt the cheese.

I've had at least one other restaurant that served them with no sauce, but that restaurant wasn't one I was inclined to re-visit as it isn't particularly convenient to anything and the food was just mediocre. Not bad, just nothing to make me want to go back when there are better places.
    I had not realized that there was such a thing as canned Tamales....
    Shredded would give a better texture, agreed. As long it was tasty why not.
    I would think a skilled cook could make tons of Tamales quickly.

As for cheese in the Microwave on anything...
    I find that for the NS Breakfast sandwiches as an example it is best to heat them then add the cheese before eating. The Canadian Bacon, Egg, Cheese on a muffin if You leave the cheese in it to heat it gets all over including into the Paper towel they are wrapped in. To keep the bacon on that one tender I pull it, set it and the cheese aside and put the bacon back in for the last 15 seconds to warm it.

Not worth a revisit makes me wonder how they stay in business, unless they were having an off day or that they have some delicious specialties and the Tamale was not one of them.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 83 with an expected high of 93 and 20% chance of rain. I left my van in the auto hospital and may not see it again until tomorrow. But hopefully it will be all fixed when I see it with no more annoying dings, chirps, whistles and flickering of the electrical system.

Obviously no grocery trips today unless I take J's SUV. But I think I'm good on groceries, since I went to Kroger just Sunday.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and ponder what our late lunch will be. I walked from the garage to Dunkin Donuts and had a second breakfast while waiting for J to come and get me. I did not eat any donuts but the croissant sandwich I did eat was probably worse. I probably should have just had a donut. I did buy 2 for J for coming to get me.

Nothing much on the agenda today. Rest some...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
  • parityanimal
    Not worth a revisit makes me wonder how they stay in business, unless they were having an off day or that they have some delicious specialties and the Tamale was not one of them.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Perhaps I should have phrased that "not worth going out of my way for a re-visit" as mediocre is actually acceptable if it's all there is available or you can't easily go somewhere else nearby...I'm sure there are people who are on foot and that may be the closest place so they go there. And of course some people seem to have no taste buds and don't care what they eat!
  • parityanimal
    I got my van back. Just $43.70 to replace the terminal on the negative battery cable. I really LIKE this automotive repair center. On the way home I stopped and replaced my front wiper blades at Advance auto parts as they've been needing replacement. Had I remembered when I dropped the van off, I'd have asked the garage to do that while they had it in but the guy at Advance installed for me and everything so it was all good.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi,
    Trying to get caught up with reading while eating my salad and my Tamale with rice is slowly spinning around in the microwave. :) All this talk about tamales...so I pulled one of Amy's out of the freezer. :)

Hot here today, but no rain, that may happen tomorrow afternoon.
    I really wish hurricane Chris would have hung around our coastal area longer...the wind from Chris brought us some really moderate temps and Dry air. But, we're back to humidity and afternoon thunderstorms. July is like that in GA!

Ed, glad your car repair was a surprise on the 'good' side. Nice when that happens. I need to start looking around for a nearby mechanic as I'm over my 5 year warranty with Honda.

I think tomorrow after my visit with the cardio doc I'll stop at Sweet Tomatoes and enjoy their salad, and hopefully a bowl of some nice soup with a piece of their cornbread. (that cornbread has no business on my plate but I eat it anyway!)

Fitbit tells me I need to 'go for a stroll', so I guess I'd better do that!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Z4nbzw.jpg
    Works for me

ZEPQBU.jpg

AxO7WY.gif
    That's Me

zFepku.jpg

ommpW1.jpg

4dIbBT.jpg

fWawTj.jpg

FLnrO2.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and I was only semi comfortable. :(
    I went back out yesterday to the DMV AKA MVC to renew my cars registration and Found one cent in their parking lot, I also was lucky enough to get the last spot in the shade and the process was 15 minutes in duration. Then I was able to park in the shade at the ShopRite, That made the car much more comfortable when I came back to it.

https://www.wral.com/dying-organs-restored-to-life-in-novel-experiments/17685654/
    Dying Organs Restored to Life in Novel Experiments

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6743568/germany-soldiers-broomsticks-nato-donald-trump-angela-merkel-defence-spending/
    LAUGHING STOCK Germany’s soldiers forced to use BROOMSTICK for a gun as Donald Trump blasts Angela Merkel over NATO spending

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-customer-shot-northwest-atlanta-waffle-house/4wSPV6QEP36EYgZVKLeuFL/
    Man in ‘angry clown mask’ robs Atlanta Waffle House, shoots customer

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article214618710.html
    'Hail Satan' carved into South Carolina Baptist church porch

Woo Hoo
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/australia/australia-mosquito-disease-experiment-intl/index.html
    Australian experiment wipes out over 80% of disease-carrying mosquitoes
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/retail/2018/07/10/shopping-struggles-11-retailers-may-not-survive-2018/36720811/
    Shopping struggles: These 11 retailers may not survive 2018

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/americans-quitting-their-jobs-at-fastest-rate-since-2001-and-thats-a-good-thing-2018-07-10
    Americans quitting their jobs at fastest rate since 2001 — and that’s a good thing

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/10/costco-polish-dogs-outcry/
    Costco’s Decision To Remove Polish Dogs From Menu Sparks Outcry

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/drunk/vero-beach-jim-beam-285073
    A Distinction Without A Difference
    Driver told cops he only drank bourbon at stop signs, signals

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/ae/live-pd-superfan-popped-294035
    Man Tells Cop He "Really Enjoyed" Resisting Arrest Because It Was Like Being On A TV Show

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/texas-rebounds-to-become-americas-top-state-for-business-in-2018.html
    Texas is CNBC's Top State for Business in America this year

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/06/free-disneyland-tickets-nope/

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/after-years-man-charged-with-pulling-gun-over-sprint-phone-upgrade-denial/423IzlTVavdV4naIG7xmoL/
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/pursuits/2018/07/09/it-s-not-your-imagination-airline-restrooms-are-getting-smaller

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5936339/Residents-Stockton-set-500-month-no-strings-attached-bid-boost-economy.html

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 83 with an expected high of 93 and 20% chance of rain. I left my van in the auto hospital and may not see it again until tomorrow. But hopefully it will be all fixed when I see it with no more annoying dings, chirps, whistles and flickering of the electrical system.

Obviously no grocery trips today unless I take J's SUV. But I think I'm good on groceries, since I went to Kroger just Sunday.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and ponder what our late lunch will be. I walked from the garage to Dunkin Donuts and had a second breakfast while waiting for J to come and get me. I did not eat any donuts but the croissant sandwich I did eat was probably worse. I probably should have just had a donut. I did buy 2 for J for coming to get me.

Nothing much on the agenda today. Rest some...
    Hi Ed
    I think You are correct, Likely the Croissant sandwich is higher in calories and fat. Yesterday I used the Jimmy Dean Griddle cakes, Sausage & Egg sandwich as my lunch entree, tasty too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Perhaps I should have phrased that "not worth going out of my way for a re-visit" as mediocre is actually acceptable if it's all there is available or you can't easily go somewhere else nearby...I'm sure there are people who are on foot and that may be the closest place so they go there. And of course some people seem to have no taste buds and don't care what they eat!
    True, I suspect that to some people whatever is in front of them is only sustenance and that is good for enough for them.
    I got my van back. Just $43.70 to replace the terminal on the negative battery cable. I really LIKE this automotive repair center. On the way home I stopped and replaced my front wiper blades at Advance auto parts as they've been needing replacement. Had I remembered when I dropped the van off, I'd have asked the garage to do that while they had it in but the guy at Advance installed for me and everything so it was all good.
    You were real lucky and got of lightly. It sounds as if You have a Good and honest garage.

Nice of them to put the new blades on for You too. Around here they are not that cheap to buy :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi,
    Trying to get caught up with reading while eating my salad and my Tamale with rice is slowly spinning around in the microwave. :) All this talk about tamales...so I pulled one of Amy's out of the freezer. :)

Hot here today, but no rain, that may happen tomorrow afternoon.
    I really wish hurricane Chris would have hung around our coastal area longer...the wind from Chris brought us some really moderate temps and Dry air. But, we're back to humidity and afternoon thunderstorms. July is like that in GA!

Ed, glad your car repair was a surprise on the 'good' side. Nice when that happens. I need to start looking around for a nearby mechanic as I'm over my 5 year warranty with Honda.

I think tomorrow after my visit with the cardio doc I'll stop at Sweet Tomatoes and enjoy their salad, and hopefully a bowl of some nice soup with a piece of their cornbread. (that cornbread has no business on my plate but I eat it anyway!)

Fitbit tells me I need to 'go for a stroll', so I guess I'd better do that!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It is a nuisance to me how talk about food can make me crave it :(

I wonder if Ed's mechanic can come up with a reference near You ?

I know what You mean about Cornbread but it is so tasty :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's Thrilling Thursday! I've been up for hours but distracted by this and that.

Got out to Ingles today for groceries in my no longer dingy van. No extraneous dings, chirps, whistles or buzzers on this trip!

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls.

But meanwhile...LUNCHTIME FOOD REVIEW

Mama Cozzi's EXTRA CHEESE French Bread pizza.

This really did have extra cheese, and I didn't feel any need to add more. The crust baked up crisp on the outside but nicely soft textured on the inside. I baked them longer than the recommended time, as J and I both like our cheese a little more toasted.

I felt there was plenty of sauce as well, and the flavor of it all was quite good.

For a frozen French Bread pizza, I'd give this one 5 out of 5. I mean, I would have like some pepperoni or sausage on it as well as the cheese, but that wasn't what was in the box and I knew that before cooking it. LOL.

fvfzvgfuysqi.jpg

upl7r2d27jid.jpg

h8ob1w2mpzp5.jpg