Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    After watching the slow cooker video, I started wondering if a Rice Cooker would work, especially for bread. I have a Crock Pot and a Rice Maker in the cabinet so...

I suspect that the Rice Cooker gets hotter before it drops down to the Holding temperature.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 77 with an expected high of 86 and 80% chance of precipitation. All while I'm on my way to and from the doctor this afternoon, no doubt. I am still (probably) planning to stop at Kroger on the way back to buy a few groceries...

Got a few towels to fold from the pool party. Cats and I have been fed, but their bowls from yesterday still need to be cleaned.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Not that we need to be eating this but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7gSDQHpZc
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi,
    quick minute.
    Thundering like mad. I think I'm about to get my 70% rain that is forecasted for the hours of 4-5&6pm. Just a little early.
    I'm gonna have a nap!
    Did my gym walk, bought yellow plantains, peppers, onion, at the Mex Market. Have garlic, soy sauce and Worcester. Also have some 'Follow your Heart' cheddar, and I think, maybe, also have some vegan parm cheese. So I should be good to go for Hard Times Plantains for dinner. :) Now, I need to watch for a soursop..maybe a bit smaller than what Emmy got at Whole Foods....thinking the international market just up the street.
    Still n eed to go back and read Roger's links...great cartoons today too!

Ok, the noise is no longer at a distance...and its dark, and pretty much no wind. (That sounds like Tornado weather!)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was an egg and cheese THING that Eduardo tossed together. 4 eggs, beaten lightly with some random amount of milk. Maybe half a cup, maybe 2/3. No idea really, and then a very generous amount of shredded mild Cheddar. Sort of a cross between a crustless quiche and a soufflé but since I didn't whip up the egg whites separately, it never really had a chance of being a soufflé.

To go with it, some spicy roasted potatoes gratin. Potatoes, diced up, then parboiled, and shaken with some spicy olive oil, some hot paprika, some Spike seasoning, powdered sriracha, a little normal salt (not much, there is some in the powdered sriracha) and black pepper. Then, a generous, unmeasured amount of Parmesan/Romano blend.

After shaking it all up, it was spread in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish and baked for 10 minutes at 450 and then 15 more at 350.

The egg THING was cooked on the stovetop until done, then the rest of the bag of mild Cheddar cheese was sprinkled on top and the whole thing broiled in the oven to melt and brown the cheese topping.

J and I both really liked what Eduardo tossed together tonight.
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    After watching the slow cooker video, I started wondering if a Rice Cooker would work, especially for bread. I have a Crock Pot and a Rice Maker in the cabinet so...

I suspect that the Rice Cooker gets hotter before it drops down to the Holding temperature.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
    Roger

I think the rice cooker could probably be used for bread. You should Google that and see!

Hold on, and I will. :)

Yep. Try this link:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Rice-Cooker-Bread
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, stopped in for a minute to brag about my dinner! Emmy wasn't kidding. The Plantains were excellent...and the Plantain skins boiled then stir fried with the peppers, onion, and garlic etc was excellent too! I ate two helpings! There is enough left so tomorrow for breakfast I will heat the stir fried part up, and some rice, open a can of black beans and use my last flour tortilla (the great big size) and I will have a fat burrito for breakfast! Can't wait.
    I noticed sort of a floral aroma as I peeled the plantain, not quite, but almost sweet...and then when I baked the actual plantain it had a sweet taste which went really well with my fake cheeses! I'd bet that if one used a queso that can be shredded it would be over the moon! I love queso, either kind. But its a no-no at my house.
    Ok, off to bed to play a Scrabble game, and do a puzzle. I know if I start reading the news on either CNN or BBC I'll be up til tomorrow!

Ed your dinner "Thing" sounded really good! I love some of these 'thingy' dinners that can quickly be pulled together and are tasty!

Ok, good night all! Til later...
  • RogerToo
    Pwgbs0.jpg

fOJh9k.jpg

cWZg18.jpg

TVlJYl.jpg

hPF2OO.gif

OQKwTd.jpg

h2jPRl.jpg

vaGkFL.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor in a couple of minutes

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 80 degrees and It was not comfortable even when the breeze blew. There is rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for later today.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/sf-dmv-wait-time-hellish-nightmare-real-id-13075871.php
    The SF DMV is somehow the worst it's ever been, visitors say
    I will say that is one area NJ has them beat. I spent around 15 minutes renewing my Registration and I could have done it by mail if I had chosen to do that.

http://www.wnd.com/2018/07/is-this-a-political-ad-facebook-thinks-so/
    Is this a political ad? Facebook thinks so
    Gospel praise song blocked by social-media censors

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rolls-royce-plans-off-flying-taxi-market-120417550--finance.html
    Rolls-Royce plans for take-off in flying taxi market

https://nypost.com/2018/07/14/dont-be-surprised-by-fast-foods-bait-and-switch/
    Don’t be surprised by fast food’s bait-and-switch

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-space-tourist-flights-could-come-2019-064622743.html
    First space tourist flights could come in 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jul/15/stanley-kubrick-lost-screenplay-burning-secret-found
    Lost Stanley Kubrick screenplay, Burning Secret, is found 60 years on\

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/07/14/high-tech-mirror-points-flaws-should-come-mental-health-warning/
    High-tech mirror that points out all your flaws should come with a mental health warning

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 77 with an expected high of 86 and 80% chance of precipitation. All while I'm on my way to and from the doctor this afternoon, no doubt. I am still (probably) planning to stop at Kroger on the way back to buy a few groceries...

Got a few towels to fold from the pool party. Cats and I have been fed, but their bowls from yesterday still need to be cleaned.
    Hi Ed
    Lucky us, Monday was dry, hot, and Humid.
    Not that we need to be eating this but...
    It looks fattening :wink:
    Dinner tonight was an egg and cheese THING that Eduardo tossed together. 4 eggs, beaten lightly with some random amount of milk. Maybe half a cup, maybe 2/3. No idea really, and then a very generous amount of shredded mild Cheddar. Sort of a cross between a crustless quiche and a soufflé but since I didn't whip up the egg whites separately, it never really had a chance of being a soufflé.

To go with it, some spicy roasted potatoes gratin. Potatoes, diced up, then parboiled, and shaken with some spicy olive oil, some hot paprika, some Spike seasoning, powdered sriracha, a little normal salt (not much, there is some in the powdered sriracha) and black pepper. Then, a generous, unmeasured amount of Parmesan/Romano blend.

After shaking it all up, it was spread in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish and baked for 10 minutes at 450 and then 15 more at 350.

The egg THING was cooked on the stovetop until done, then the rest of the bag of mild Cheddar cheese was sprinkled on top and the whole thing broiled in the oven to melt and brown the cheese topping.

J and I both really liked what Eduardo tossed together tonight.
    I have to fight temptation when I pick up my coffee at the Quick Chek, Temptation being a Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Potato and Cheese Burrito or a choice of three Muffin sandwiches those being egg and cheese with a choice of Bacon, Sausage or Pork Roll at 2 for $4. If I buy them I throw out the Thomas's English Muffins.

Your dinner sounds good to me.
    Normal Salt rather than Kosher for example or salt substitute ?

Melted Browned Cheese on top sounds so good.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
    Roger

I think the rice cooker could probably be used for bread. You should Google that and see!

Hold on, and I will. :)

Yep. Try this link:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Rice-Cooker-Bread
    Thanks for the link, I had not thought of Googling it :(
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi,
    quick minute.
    Thundering like mad. I think I'm about to get my 70% rain that is forecasted for the hours of 4-5&6pm. Just a little early.
    I'm gonna have a nap!
    Did my gym walk, bought yellow plantains, peppers, onion, at the Mex Market. Have garlic, soy sauce and Worcester. Also have some 'Follow your Heart' cheddar, and I think, maybe, also have some vegan parm cheese. So I should be good to go for Hard Times Plantains for dinner. :) Now, I need to watch for a soursop..maybe a bit smaller than what Emmy got at Whole Foods....thinking the international market just up the street.
    Still need to go back and read Roger's links...great cartoons today too!

Ok, the noise is no longer at a distance...and its dark, and pretty much no wind. (That sounds like Tornado weather!)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    The weather forecast last night indicated heavy rain and thunder with winds up to 50 MPH for sometime before and or after Noontime.

Thanks for the kind words
    Ok, stopped in for a minute to brag about my dinner! Emmy wasn't kidding. The Plantains were excellent...and the Plantain skins boiled then stir fried with the peppers, onion, and garlic etc was excellent too! I ate two helpings! There is enough left so tomorrow for breakfast I will heat the stir fried part up, and some rice, open a can of black beans and use my last flour tortilla (the great big size) and I will have a fat burrito for breakfast! Can't wait.
    I noticed sort of a floral aroma as I peeled the plantain, not quite, but almost sweet...and then when I baked the actual plantain it had a sweet taste which went really well with my fake cheeses! I'd bet that if one used a queso that can be shredded it would be over the moon! I love queso, either kind. But its a no-no at my house.
    Ok, off to bed to play a Scrabble game, and do a puzzle. I know if I start reading the news on either CNN or BBC I'll be up til tomorrow!

Ed your dinner "Thing" sounded really good! I love some of these 'thingy' dinners that can quickly be pulled together and are tasty!

Ok, good night all! Til later...
    A comment regarding how tasty dinner was is not a brag :smiley:

Plantains are strange to me since uncooked they are not good, but if cooked very tasty.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    u3nlmtg4oor4.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    And I was up til 'tomorrow' ie, 2am this morning! When will I learn?
    Heading to the shower then my big burrito followed by the gym, Costco for gasoline, Kroger for sparkling water and more lg flour tortilla's, then I may treat self to a pedi at the place next to Publix...while there I'll hit Publix for lottery ticket and a salad. Those salads look pricy, but it makes 3 salads for me which makes it quite reasonable. And I'm lazy so no prep on my part other than to make a batch of my FF, low sodium, salad dressing which works out to be about 45 calories for 2 tablespoons!
    Not only did I get a downpour here in the afternoon, but again at around 11 last night! Almost afraid to go look at the rain gauge!! (not really).
    Need to look at email to see if anything actually Needs attention also....gonna be busy today, and its Jack Chat evening so I have to be done by 4p.
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 74 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

With the pouring rain, needless to say, I didn't stop at Kroger yesterday afternoon so might get out to the store today. We'll see.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited July 2018
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    Home made frozen treats. Perhaps if I make them bitesize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfADtZMmDrE
  • parityanimal
    Omelette of asparagus. 1787 recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz2o3SYqGlk
  • parityanimal
    Noodles in an Asian style sauce with dry fried tofu and veggies.

pbruduhpiqzn.png