Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and It was uncomfortable walking due to high humidity. The Rain forecast for overnight happened and there was rain that ended before I left the house. As I was leaving the store after picking up my coffee it started raining, Some very heavy interspersed with light rain.

https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article215304760.html
    Inspector warned duck boat company of design flaws last year

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/718016/fukushima-nuclear-disaster-california-wine
    Radiation traces from Fukushima nuclear disaster found in Californian wine

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20180720/REAL_ESTATE/180729989
    Even the cheapest homes are waiting for buyers
    Units for less than $1 million — within reach of far more people than a Billionaires' Row penthouse — are hurting for buyers
    New York City :)

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/07/20/study-chicago-rat-capital-u-s/
    Chicago Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S., Study Says
    Comparing 311 Rat Complaints in 2017 in Major Cities by Normalized Complaints
    City Number of Complaints Complaints Per 100,000 Residents
    Chicago 50,963 1876.09
    Washington DC 5,036 725.68
    Boston 2,488 363.16
    New York City 19,152 222.11
    Rat complaints in 2017 by cities sorted in descending order according to complaints per 100,000 residents.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/passengers-complain-of-bedbugs-on-flights-out-of-newark
    Passengers complain of bedbugs on flights out of Newark airport
    Yuck

https://pjmedia.com/trending/transgender-ax-attacker-uses-drugs-demon-possession-to-defender-himself-in-court/
    Transgender Ax Attacker Uses Drugs, Demon Possession, to Defend Himself in Court

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/07/20/Troopers-Driver-blamed-temperature-for-speed-reading/4121532095851/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=11
    'Troopers: Driver blamed temperature for speed reading

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning. Beautiful sunny Sunday morning!
    Waiting for parents to return...probably an hour or two...
    Meanwhile Nate's friend Brendo has been dropped..so I sent Brendo upstairs to tell Nate I needed a favor...Brendo tells me Nate's sleeping? I know he was down here and ate breakfast about 2 hours ago....
    Tom E will be glad when I get home...I'm sure he missed having his dinner last night!
    I'm a bit confused about TV programing. TV was on when I arrived yesterday...Animal Planet was playing. And all day and thru the night it was all about saving animals..from chickens to the big cats in National Protected Wildlife Preserves (in Africa)...so what is on this morning? Blood, guts, and poachers being arrested..carcusses, rotting flesh, etc. Just what kids should be watching on Sunday Mornings....this is just messed up!
    I don't know if it stormed here last night, but I know it rained...everything is wet outside. Ground needed it, so all good!

My day at home will just be feeding cat, and not much more! I 'may' make it to the gym... :) No ToDo list today!!! Yay!
    Hi Valerie
    That does not make any sense to me either, OTOH common sense tends to be lacking at all levels.
    Its been an unusually wet spring and even this far into summer...Lakes are full to the point of having to dump extra water...its a fine line they walk down here with the lake levels.
    And yes you can count half days as long as the kids are at school X # of hours...I don't remember how many hours that is...its a Federal Law that regulates these things.

Knowing how the Feds keep their books I don't think if I was an aware college grad that I'd want them messing with my payroll. Portion...wonder what that means? for how long? etc. Nope I'd be a poor college grad eating catsup sandwiches and standing in soup lines first! :)

Later...
    It would be helpful if they built more reservoirs.

If I were in charge I would be requiring two half days to make one day count towards the total needed.

OTOH if You do not make much You end up not owing :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We got back from camping early this afternoon. J and I were staying in the "big" cabin with a friend and actually had an empty bedroom available but hadn't been sure we'd have that until the day we left so weren't able to rent it to another interested party. We had rented the whole cabin with the idea that one of our friends might stay in the spare room, but that didn't happen and we didn't want a stranger staying with us and having access to all our group stuff.

We had pizza from Pizza Hut for Friday night camping dinner. I made a hot breakfast for 25 or so on Saturday. Scrambled eggs, bacon (precooked, Kirkland, crisped up) and two kinds of toast, along with two kinds of bagels, some cream cheese, some butter, some multi-berry preserves, and assorted Nutrigrain baked breakfast/snack bars. We also set out some boiled eggs, coffee and juice to drink, orange or, just to be different, peach cider! The peach cider was a very popular option, much more so than last year's cranberry. Didn't even bring apple juice this time as no one drank it last year.
    Hi Ed
    The best made plans :wink:

I hope the Pizza Hut sits better for You than for me, It tends to run through me.

The Breakfast sounds great.
    For lunch, I laid out some torn butter lettuce, sliced yellow onion and red tomato, along with both kinds of bread from breakfast (not toasted), a tub of "palmetto" cheese that was really pimento cheese with a fancy name, some Kirkland roast beef, Kirkland Black Forest ham, and Kirkland roasted turkey breast, with all the usual condiments except that we couldn't find any pickle wedges at Costco and I wasn't stopping anywhere else to get them this year. People just had to make do without pickles. The boiled eggs were set out again for lunch. Only one person actually asked for pickles but I know they would have been eaten if I had them. I'll make the extra stop next time. J made some deviled eggs for his own lunch, from the boiled eggs and some of the condiments.

Saturday night most of the crowd was going to a restaurant in a nearby town. We have done that in the past with the group but frankly aren't particularly impressed with their food, and vegetarian options are somewhat limited. We wend to a large flea market in the afternoon and stopped on the way back to camp for a nice Mexican dinner in a small town I can't remember the name of, but have to say I really LIKED that restaurant and would certainly eat there again. The name of the restaurant was El Parian, and from what I could see online, it might be a small, localish chain of several restaurants, but none terribly close to home.
    How are the Kirkland Lunch meats ? I'm asking since I never tried them.
    Pre boiled Eggs from home or bought that way ?

I agree it is not worth going for mediocre food. It seems that You lucked out with the Mexican eatery.
    Sunday morning we set out the remainder of the lunch meats, the rest of the breakfast/snack bars, the bagels, the bread, the condiments, and thought (briefly) about scrambling the remaining eggs and warming up the remaining bacon but I just didn't feel up to that. This year I was REALLY, FULLY understanding why the prior year food coordinators only put out continental breakfast on the last day. It was my first year being the main food coordinator/preparer almost all by myself and by Sunday morning you are WORN OUT. There wouldn't have been enough scrambled eggs for everyone anyway, so we put out the boiled eggs and the juices to round out breakfast, along with butter, cream cheese, and the preserves.

And the few remaining eggs (both fresh and boiled), and the rest of the bacon, came home with us. Along with excess butter, cooking spray, breads and bagels (though the bread and bagels got tossed into the nearby woods for the squirrels and birds, after I got home) and a small amount of leftover juice and potato chips. We also have the remaining cereal bars, most of the condiments, and some fancy mixed nuts, but the condiments, nuts, and some of the cereal bars may come with me to the next pool party we attend. J had bought some Little Debbie snacks and donated them but most of them came home with us too. J gets to eat most of them. Little Debbie is NOT my friend!

I need to get some salad ingredients, as I also brought home leftover butter lettuce but gave the onions and tomatoes to the usual pool party hosts already. Maybe some cucumbers...I already have some carrots, and maybe get a few more tomatoes since I gave those away. And radishes! J likes radishes...

Well, enough rambling. Need to get the little sugar gliders fed and get to bed.
    Fancy Mixed nuts are a weakness of mine. I do pick out the Cashews and feed them to my brother.

Little Debbie Snacks are no friend of most people even though they eat them.

Useful Leftovers are good to have.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 68 with an expected high of 83 and 80% chance of pm thunderstorms.

Might get out quickly this morning for a run to the nearby UPS store to drop off a return (Amazon, wrong item pulled again) and perhaps to Publix or Aldi while out, if I go out.

Might just enjoy being home and nap the day away!

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and have some laundry to fold if I get to it. And need to get another mug of tea and eventually feed the cats.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited July 2018
  • parityanimal
    Weenies Royale. Hard Times Food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYxl0fUYN2U
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Monday Morning!
    I just read Ed's camping trip, and already I'm tired and need a nap myself! OMG!! You know my brother sorta did that one year...rented a big duplex and invited the entire family. We had people there from infants to elderly. It was fun. He cooked the entire week. You had to sign up for the next days meals, and he and I would go shopping the evening before...It was a LOT of work for him, and his early morning helper (me) so I could get early access to coffee!!!!! LOL! We weren't exactly 'camping' as we were maybe 100 yards from the ocean! It was a 'tough' week at Virginia Beach!

This morning I'm going to the gym...around lunch time I'm making another big fat burrito and steaming a pot of veggies as part of dinner. Afternoon at 3 I will have the Echocardiogram. Not minding the test...concerned about what changes to meds etc. he mentioned would have to take place. I don't do well with most meds, and Little Doc and I spent nearly a year til we got the med/dosage right for my BP...and he thinks he's gonna mess with that????
    It will be a fight...but not today, Today is test only...next week is boxing glove time.

Roger, sorry it rained on you walk, but I know you were well prepared so I hope it was an enjoyable stroll thru the rain! As long as its not lightening I love walking in the rain. And yes, I splash in mud puddles too! Always have, no intentions of quitting. Since my test is at 3p. according to the forecast, I will get to drive in the rain...which is NOT fun at all.

Lil Debbie...hadn't thought of those in quite awhile. Used to love them. Too bad, not sad!!

Ok, off to the gym and get this day rolling...

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    Made it to john's creek, had my test (results next week), stopped at Whole Foods, as I was passing by..yep got my chicken fried tofu from the hot bar....and home...no rain! My lucky day WaHoo!

Have no idea what I was looking at or for, but watched the screen and realized I was looking at one of my heart valves opening and closing and seeing my blood flow thru it. Boy, when that valve shuts down, it SHUTS DOWN! Which is how it should be. I saw her mark at least maybe 2 areas on the screen. I'll assume something was not behaving right in those 2 areas???? I dunno!

Ok, hope everybody is having a great afternoon. Will look for you tomorrow!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    t95RgU.gif

MDJhLL.jpg

f8RreN.gif

us4oge.jpg

laklI9.gif

3Vj2hg.jpg

dcoBaK.jpg

kRigVP.jpg

OoExfl.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 75 degrees and It was uncomfortable walking due to high humidity. The Rain forecast for overnight happened and the rain had ended before I left the house. As I was approaching the store to pick up my coffee I saw a Deer heading across the street I was on and heading down the street behind the store.

When I am walking I sometimes see Instant Lottery Tickets so I pick them up, Scratch off bar code and check them occasionally, In last weeks batch I found a Instant winner that someone had discarded worth $5 so You could say I found $5 :)

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-baltimore-duck-boats-20180721-story.html#nt=related-content
    Missouri duck boat attraction closed Baltimore branch in 2009 amid worker safety concerns, unionization push

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/07/21/new-gallup-poll-americans-do-not-even-mention-global-warming-as-a-problem-36-problems-cited-but-not-climate/
    New Gallup Poll: Americans do not even mention global warming as a problem – 36 ‘problems’ cited, but not climate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/french-village-rich-local-pay-145451094.html
    The French village that is so rich the local will pay no taxes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-man-fed-wildlife-home-bitten-bear-194851590.html
    New Mexico man who fed wildlife at his home bitten by bear

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/20/genetic-researchers-reverse-wrinkles-gray-hair-and/
    Genetic researchers reverse wrinkles, gray hair and balding in mice, called 'unprecedented'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/19/ftc-operation-donate-honor-targets-phony-veterans-/
    Stopping stolen valor: Uncle Sam cracks down on bogus veterans charities

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/20/stockton-batman-fights-crime/
    Stockton’s Self-Proclaimed Batman Takes Crime Into His Own Hands

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 68 with an expected high of 83 and 80% chance of pm thunderstorms.

Might get out quickly this morning for a run to the nearby UPS store to drop off a return (Amazon, wrong item pulled again) and perhaps to Publix or Aldi while out, if I go out.

Might just enjoy being home and nap the day away!

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and have some laundry to fold if I get to it. And need to get another mug of tea and eventually feed the cats.
    Hi Ed
    Either You order a lot more than I do from Amazon or the warehouse Your shipments comes from is a lot worse than where my orders come from.

I could see that we already hit 100% for rain when I left the house, It is drying outside currently. OTOH if the weather today is like Monday's then we will be having bands of rain going through all afternoon.
    Portable breakfast.
    Looks good to me :smile:
    Weenies Royale. Hard Times Food.
    Not sure about this one, I'll have to watch it to find out.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Monday Morning!
    I just read Ed's camping trip, and already I'm tired and need a nap myself! OMG!! You know my brother sorta did that one year...rented a big duplex and invited the entire family. We had people there from infants to elderly. It was fun. He cooked the entire week. You had to sign up for the next days meals, and he and I would go shopping the evening before...It was a LOT of work for him, and his early morning helper (me) so I could get early access to coffee!!!!! LOL! We weren't exactly 'camping' as we were maybe 100 yards from the ocean! It was a 'tough' week at Virginia Beach!

This morning I'm going to the gym...around lunch time I'm making another big fat burrito and steaming a pot of veggies as part of dinner. Afternoon at 3 I will have the Echocardiogram. Not minding the test...concerned about what changes to meds etc. he mentioned would have to take place. I don't do well with most meds, and Little Doc and I spent nearly a year til we got the med/dosage right for my BP...and he thinks he's gonna mess with that????
    It will be a fight...but not today, Today is test only...next week is boxing glove time.

Roger, sorry it rained on you walk, but I know you were well prepared so I hope it was an enjoyable stroll thru the rain! As long as its not lightening I love walking in the rain. And yes, I splash in mud puddles too! Always have, no intentions of quitting. Since my test is at 3p. according to the forecast, I will get to drive in the rain...which is NOT fun at all.

Lil Debbie...hadn't thought of those in quite awhile. Used to love them. Too bad, not sad!!

Ok, off to the gym and get this day rolling...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Any special type of Burrito for filling ? Steaming Pot of vegetables ? I take the frozen CostCo ones and give them enough time to get hot but still be crunchy, I start with a few baby Carrots add a couple of the Organic Sprouts I picked up at CostCo and then finish with Either the Normandy Mix or the Tasty Green Beans. Everything is frozen except the Carrots and the Normandy Mix has them in it to so....

I was able to get under a overhang at a strip mall with my coffee, sit everything on a table outside of a closed eatery to free my hands to get the Disposable Rain Poncho on. It is long enough that it covers 95% of my walking shorts so things in the pockets stay dry :smiley:

I do not fear my driving skills in the Rain or Snow, It is the Moronic in a hurry drivers that I share the road with that scare me :(
    Made it to john's creek, had my test (results next week), stopped at Whole Foods, as I was passing by..yep got my chicken fried tofu from the hot bar....and home...no rain! My lucky day WaHoo!

Have no idea what I was looking at or for, but watched the screen and realized I was looking at one of my heart valves opening and closing and seeing my blood flow thru it. Boy, when that valve shuts down, it SHUTS DOWN! Which is how it should be. I saw her mark at least maybe 2 areas on the screen. I'll assume something was not behaving right in those 2 areas???? I dunno!

Ok, hope everybody is having a great afternoon. Will look for you tomorrow!

Later...
    I hope John doesn't mind You invading his creek :wink:

What Does the Chicken Fried Tofu look like, I ask since I do not seem to see it to try when I do get to Whole Foods, I may be there Friday FWIW. Is it Cubes or Strips or flat like a Filet ?

You were lucky regarding the rain.

MY brother would have been right there with You watching whereas I do not want to watch. When I had my Carpal Tunnel Surgery I saw nothing and that was the way I wanted it. My Brother wanted to see it :( Not my cup of tea.

Good Luck with the test and medication possible changes.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 72 with an expected high of 84 and 40% chance of precipitation.

Lilo has had her shot, and I've eaten. Need to clean the cat bowls from yesterday and fold some laundry. And I need to feed the cats, in a bit.

Could stand to get out to the store but not sure if that will happen or not. We'll see. Still feeling somewhat in "recovery" mode from the weekend camping. I enjoyed it, overall, but it was a lot of work. And my legs were cramping Sunday night. Too much leg activity I guess with the walking and the pool.

Today's first video is a bit of historical interest and, regardless of how one feels about muslims in general, or "The Nation of Islam" in particular, I found it quite interesting and it also made me want a bean pie! I may have to make one.

https://www.facebook.com/AfraidOfAymannIsmail/videos/514474115650002/
  • parityanimal
    Ten of the biggest technological flops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Rzd21U-1c
  • parityanimal
    Emmy tries another military ration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkru9Qfx18Y
  • parityanimal
    Kids try food that is all colored black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqxI1d0pSeA
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 72 with an expected high of 84 and 40% chance of precipitation.

Lilo has had her shot, and I've eaten. Need to clean the cat bowls from yesterday and fold some laundry. And I need to feed the cats, in a bit.

Could stand to get out to the store but not sure if that will happen or not. We'll see. Still feeling somewhat in "recovery" mode from the weekend camping. I enjoyed it, overall, but it was a lot of work. And my legs were cramping Sunday night. Too much leg activity I guess with the walking and the pool.

Today's first video is a bit of historical interest and, regardless of how one feels about muslims in general, or "The Nation of Islam" in particular, I found it quite interesting and it also made me want a bean pie! I may have to make one
    Hi Again
    I'm afraid I can not view that video as I can not log into facebook never having been a member :smiley:

I hate it when the legs cramp, It always seem to happen when I am sleeping and that wakes me up ruining the nights sleep.

I'll have to look at on of the other Bean Pie Videos instead.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Very quick check in! On my way to vote, (run offs for the Nov. ballet in GA) go to gym, and get a quarter watermelon and a lottery ticket at Publix. 512M as in MILLION! Yeah, I wanna play!!
    My Burrito's Roger are rice, beans, onion, fresh tomato salsa, and salsa vert. Sometimes a sprinkle of fake cheese, but usually not. Fake cheese is really short on nutrition and way long on FAT. Not my idea of healthy. BUT tasty.

Ed, take your time recouping. I keep Oil of Magnesium (Amazon for mine), and when I get a leg cramp I rub it on the muscle and it mysteriously goes away. It is drying to the skin, so next day the area gets lotion or something. Before I found Mag. oil, I used to sit on the side of the tub, and run warm water on the leg muscle that was being a pest. That also worked, but was a mess to do, to dry, and then to get back to sleep! :)

I'll be back later.