Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Very quick check in! On my way to vote, (run offs for the Nov. ballet in GA) go to gym, and get a quarter watermelon and a lottery ticket at Publix. 512M as in MILLION! Yeah, I wanna play!!
    My Burrito's Roger are rice, beans, onion, fresh tomato salsa, and salsa vert. Sometimes a sprinkle of fake cheese, but usually not. Fake cheese is really short on nutrition and way long on FAT. Not my idea of healthy. BUT tasty.

Ed, take your time recouping. I keep Oil of Magnesium (Amazon for mine), and when I get a leg cramp I rub it on the muscle and it mysteriously goes away. It is drying to the skin, so next day the area gets lotion or something. Before I found Mag. oil, I used to sit on the side of the tub, and run warm water on the leg muscle that was being a pest. That also worked, but was a mess to do, to dry, and then to get back to sleep! :)

I'll be back later.
    Hi Again
    Until I read the entire sentence I was wondering, Vote ?

Am I the only one that thinks Watermelons are becoming smaller, Possibly too small, Some of the ones I have seen make me suspect that they are more rind than melon and not that cheap either.

The Burrito sounds tasty, I would need lots of cheese, I love cheese.

I wonder if Magnesium supplements would work just as well ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Here's the direct youtube link to the first video. The one that was linked through facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWjDBWXzBLQ
  • RogerToo
    CsyfNA.jpg

cyaBbU.jpg

gpy9Vu.jpg

gqsWJZ.jpg

suhV5U.gif

wygCib.jpg

ClAyeR.jpg

aPpazl.jpg

WKVJzr.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and It was uncomfortable walking due to high humidity as I headed out the door. Then it started drizzling after a block of walking. 1 block further on the rain became heavier and was still falling heavily as I returned home.

Once I check my lottery tickets I will know how many millions I won in Tuesdays drawing.

https://wgntv.com/2018/07/22/chicago-mayoral-candidate-willie-wilson-hands-out-cash-to-potential-voters/
    Board of Elections says Wilson’s cash giveaway didn’t violate rules
    CHICAGO — Chicago mayoral candidate Willie Wilson says he wasn't trying to buy anyone's vote when he handed out close to $200,000 to churchgoers.

https://www.studyfinds.org/great-indoors-screen-hungry-kids-video-games-going-outside/
    The Great Indoors: Today’s Screen-Hungry Kids Have Little Interest In Being Outside

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/first-drive-through-pot-shop-opens-in-auburn/281-576292046
    First drive-through pot shop opens in Auburn
    Now you can add marijuana to the list of things to get on the go in the state.

http://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/colombia-has-billions-in-sunken-treasure-off-its-coast-but/article_05925497-9c02-5a11-b336-443937f247c3.html
    Colombia has billions in sunken treasure off its coast, but ownership is still disputed

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/23/restaurant-server-faked-we-dont-tip-terrorist-receipt/
    Restaurant Says Server Faked ‘We Don’t Tip Terrorist’ Comment On Receipt

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/21/midlife-crisis-myth-life-gets-better-after-50
    Midlife crisis? It’s a myth. Why life gets better after 50
    We don’t peak in middle age, say the experts. So forget about the stereotypes and embrace change

https://www.axios.com/billion-pounds-us-meat-stockpiles-slowing-overseas-sales--756cda37-35ef-4008-810a-a7f680d3b578.html
    Billions of pounds of meat in U.S stockpiles amid slowing overseas sales

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    Here's the direct youtube link to the first video. The one that was linked through facebook.
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for that, I will look at it later.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 73 with an expected high of 86 and 20% chance of precipitation.

My van is back at the shop. Dinging and chirping came back. Can't blame the shop for thinking it fixed as it WAS fixed, temporarily, and any testing they did at the time would have indicated so. I suspect they just need to trace further along in the electrical system (perhaps replace that whole cable?) since doing things to the battery/cable DOES seem to alleviate the problem, albeit temporarily. They may keep it a bit longer this time, which is fine.

Still got laundry to fold. Have I ever told you how much I just LOVE folding laundry? LOL.

Cats and I have been fed. I UBERed back home from the auto shop (well, from Dunkin Donuts - and yes, I ate a donut. I walked there from the auto shop and earned that donut) and it was a nice experience. Miguel, my driver, wasn't overly talkative, and the ride was short and pleasant. It was under $10 and after the ride I authorized a tip of $2.00 for the driver, through the UBER app.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and make another mug of tea.

And I need to figure out what to do with these bone in, skinless turkey thighs I thawed out. Maybe something in the slow cooker...

Update: The turkey thighs (2) are in a slow cooker with a can of condensed tomato soup, a generous splash of Marsala wine, sriracha salt, sriracha sauce, pepper, extra spicy Mrs. Dash, instant minced onion, onion powder, garlic powder, and just a good splash of water and generous drizzle of wildflower honey. Should cook up to a nice, barbecue style sauce.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Hot dogs you should (and shouldn't) buy? Well...there is some credence to the idea that we shouldn't be buying hot dogs at all, but I'll have to admit buying some now and then. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o-KlQYkq58
  • parityanimal
    Breakfast bombs. Look tasty, though not for a regular thing. Maybe once in a great while for a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjA1_WL8XGk
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Its still Marvelous Wednesday, just a few hours later in the marvelousness!

Did my gym thing, made and ate my burrito, some cut up fruit from my WF haul on Monday and I'm ready for a nap. Have some outside chores...maybe later today, maybe mânana? (there's something wrong with that word. Diacritical marks I think?)
    Hair cut tomorrow, and lunch with Ted. I'd like to also have a go at the gym tomorrow too. Got a 'streak' going, hate to break it. Text from Marietta who's at wits end with little details for her move, I think 8-3-18. So, she texted me while I was at the gym. I said I had Fri, Sat, & Sun free....thinking she'd choose A day...nope, she grabbed all three days...which is another reason I need to be at the gym tomorrow!!!!

No, Roger the magnesium works very quickly in the liquid form, as you apply it to the cramping muscle. I take magnesium on a daily basis...I really don't get muscle cramps like I used to, and now mostly its in my ankles...but the rubbing on the Mag. Oil stops it cold! For me anyway.

I need to go back and watch the video's....the 'installed Java' and the coffee and IT guy cartoon had me laughing aloud!
    Did you all know there is a dictionary ? of memes? I found it by accident the other day....good grief, we may never need names, or names of things, or feelings ever again. Who's got that kinda time???

Later...
  • parityanimal
    The turkey thighs came out lovely. And tasty too.

Here's the one I ate. The other one is still whole, and sitting in a pasta plate in a deep puddle of the sauce, to be pulled/shredded for another meal.

186jzpar28xr.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited July 2018
    Its awfully close to tomorrow I thought I'd stop by and say Hi!!! LOL!
    Dinner looks good in P'Tree Corners!!!

Did a little weeding after dinner, chatted with my next door neighbor's eldest. Its his Senior year and then he's off to follow his dream of becoming a vet. He's such a good kid.

Ok, time I slow down and actually sleep....hair cut day tomorrow, and lunch with Ted. Need to sleep!

Oh H....ll now GA wants to do away with Christopher Columbus day and call it 'Indigenous Peoples Day (or something like that.) What next will they dream of to change history? Time to turn off the TV.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    GWKdaU.gif

ExVEjF.jpg

KV8Gvc.jpg

YWYbGq.jpg

hXbR8q.gif

gfXaxY.jpg

D2FJvr.jpg

cAT3I3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 74 degrees and It was uncomfortable walking due to high humidity as I headed out the door. I could see that it rained overnight, however the streets and sidewalks were starting to dry up.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/07/24/dogs-go-way-help-upset-owners-study-shows/
    Dogs go out of their way to help owners when they are upset, study shows.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fridays-total-lunar-eclipse-will-be-longest-blood-moon-visible-this-century-until-2123/70005578
    Friday's total lunar eclipse will be longest blood moon visible this century, until 2123

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/california-heat-wave-electricity-use/
    California Was Warned Months Ago Its Grid Could Buckle In The Heat. Now It’s Happening

https://www.afp.com/en/news/2265/us-claims-largest-dinosaur-foot-ever-discovered-doc-17v8h23
    US claims largest dinosaur foot ever discovered

https://omaha.com/news/crime/council-bluffs-woman-driving-over-mph-arrested-moments-after-receiving/article_8d764368-e26f-5310-be02-ca852a574e77.html
    Council Bluffs woman driving over 140 mph arrested moments after receiving ticket for going 92

https://www.ajc.com/news/world/common-painkillers-triple-side-effects-dementia-study-says/PLjrRq6hGXfTeGKpTRaalO/?icmp=np_inform_variation-control
    Common painkillers triple side effects of dementia, study says

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/more-than-million-americans-prescribed-wrong-dose-common-drugs-scientists-say/p4XoosVDwVZEOkTR9fJ0sL/?icmp=np_inform_variation-test
    More than 11 million Americans prescribed wrong dose of common drugs, scientists say

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/07/24/how-to-cool-down-your-hot-house-the-old-fashioned-way/
    How to cool down your hot house the old-fashioned way

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 73 with an expected high of 86 and 20% chance of precipitation.

My van is back at the shop. Dinging and chirping came back. Can't blame the shop for thinking it fixed as it WAS fixed, temporarily, and any testing they did at the time would have indicated so. I suspect they just need to trace further along in the electrical system (perhaps replace that whole cable?) since doing things to the battery/cable DOES seem to alleviate the problem, albeit temporarily. They may keep it a bit longer this time, which is fine.

Still got laundry to fold. Have I ever told you how much I just LOVE folding laundry? LOL.
    Hi Ed
    I'm sorry to hear that the problem came back, Just curious have You ever driven through deep water ?

I did Laundry Tuesday and as soon as I get some motivation back I need to take the clean sheets and put them on the bed so I can wash the old ones. First thing is the printer table as I also use it as my desk to write checks and I have two of them to write so I can mail them tomorrow :)

Yesterday I was rolling the Old Radio Shack Printer Table over in front of the TV I use a larger 42 inch Monitor when the Bar that the wheels are mounted to on one side came off. So now I need to take everything off of it so I can turn it upside down and reattach the wheels. It is sort of old since I bought it back when the home Printers were either Dot Matrix or For really nice looking is slow printing Daisy Wheel Printers. I did make something to block the opening where the pin feed paper came up so that the keyboard, Mouse etc. did not fall through. Call me cheap but I want to fix it rather than replace it if I can even find something that size with wheels.
    Cats and I have been fed. I UBERed back home from the auto shop (well, from Dunkin Donuts - and yes, I ate a donut. I walked there from the auto shop and earned that donut) and it was a nice experience. Miguel, my driver, wasn't overly talkative, and the ride was short and pleasant. It was under $10 and after the ride I authorized a tip of $2.00 for the driver, through the UBER app.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and make another mug of tea.

And I need to figure out what to do with these bone in, skinless turkey thighs I thawed out. Maybe something in the slow cooker...

Update: The turkey thighs (2) are in a slow cooker with a can of condensed tomato soup, a generous splash of Marsala wine, sriracha salt, sriracha sauce, pepper, extra spicy Mrs. Dash, instant minced onion, onion powder, garlic powder, and just a good splash of water and generous drizzle of wildflower honey. Should cook up to a nice, barbecue style sauce.
    Uber or Lyft are something I will likely never do as I am fairly sure my Flip Phones do not run Apps :wink:
    If I ever need to replace them I will be looking for another flip phone FWIW. Why ? Size and long battery life.

I was just looking out the window and the sky looks like more rain could be on the way :(

Sounds like a tasty soultion for the turkey thighs as I see it, minus the Siracha products for my tastes.
    Hot dogs you should (and shouldn't) buy? Well...there is some credence to the idea that we shouldn't be buying hot dogs at all, but I'll have to admit buying some now and then. :)
    Hit Dogs ! :smiley:
    I can not talk as I have two different ones in the freezer, Regular Nathans @ 160 Calories per and Hebrew National reduced Fat at 100 calories depends one what else I eat that day. I like them both and they do have a different taste. I also like Bests brand Hot Dogs @ 160 Calories per.
    http://bestprovision.com/products/
    Depending on my mood I make a cheese dog using a slice of Velveeta and a squirt of Ketchup on a slice of low calorie bread as the bun. Why that bread and not a bun, Simple I have the bread and not the bun :smiley:
    I do also have a complete ready to microwave Nathans Hot Dog in a Bun from the Dollar Tree store.
    Breakfast bombs. Look tasty, though not for a regular thing. Maybe once in a great while for a treat.
    That looks tasty, I will be looking at the videos in a while once I do all my other MFP things.
    Ice Genie Review.
    Never heard of it ?
    The turkey thighs came out lovely. And tasty too.

Here's the one I ate. The other one is still whole, and sitting in a pasta plate in a deep puddle of the sauce, to be pulled/shredded for another meal.
    Turkey Thighs would work as a pulled meat in BBQ. I do have some Pulled Turkey Breast in the freezer, The ShopRite sells it on a tray with no sauce so I can use it in a sandwich with Miracle Whip or Sweet baby Rays.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Its still Marvelous Wednesday, just a few hours later in the marvelousness!

Did my gym thing, made and ate my burrito, some cut up fruit from my WF haul on Monday and I'm ready for a nap. Have some outside chores...maybe later today, maybe mânana? (there's something wrong with that word. Diacritical marks I think?)
    Hair cut tomorrow, and lunch with Ted. I'd like to also have a go at the gym tomorrow too. Got a 'streak' going, hate to break it. Text from Marietta who's at wits end with little details for her move, I think 8-3-18. So, she texted me while I was at the gym. I said I had Fri, Sat, & Sun free....thinking she'd choose A day...nope, she grabbed all three days...which is another reason I need to be at the gym tomorrow!!!!

No, Roger the magnesium works very quickly in the liquid form, as you apply it to the cramping muscle. I take magnesium on a daily basis...I really don't get muscle cramps like I used to, and now mostly its in my ankles...but the rubbing on the Mag. Oil stops it cold! For me anyway.

I need to go back and watch the video's....the 'installed Java' and the coffee and IT guy cartoon had me laughing aloud!
    Did you all know there is a dictionary ? of memes? I found it by accident the other day....good grief, we may never need names, or names of things, or feelings ever again. Who's got that kinda time???

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It sounds like You have some busy days coming up.

I find it interesting that even with the supplement You have some cramps.

I'm glad You liked that, I wonder if the Young people even know that Java used to be something You installed ?

Memes Dictionary, Tine to look at that, not me :smiley:
    Its awfully close to tomorrow I thought I'd stop by and say Hi!!! LOL!
    Dinner looks good in P'Tree Corners!!!

Did a little weeding after dinner, chatted with my next door neighbor's eldest. Its his Senior year and then he's off to follow his dream of becoming a vet. He's such a good kid.

Ok, time I slow down and actually sleep....hair cut day tomorrow, and lunch with Ted. Need to sleep!

Oh H....ll now GA wants to do away with Christopher Columbus day and call it 'Indigenous Peoples Day (or something like that.) What next will they dream of to change history? Time to turn off the TV.

Later...
    Wow, lots of training needed to become a Vet as I understand it, It can be tougher than becoming a doctor.
    I thought I remembered that Indigenous Peoples Day was something out of La La land AKA California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Peoples'_Day
    The holiday was first instituted in Berkeley, California in 1992, coinciding with the 500th anniversary of the arrival of Christopher Columbus in the Americas in 1492. It later spread to Santa Cruz, California in 1994, and then to various other cities and states beginning in the mid-to-late 2010s. Indigenous Peoples' Day is held on the second Monday of October, coinciding with the designated date for the federal observance of Columbus Day. It is similar to Native American Day, observed in September in California and Tennessee, and the same day as Indigenous Peoples' Day in South Dakota. Some critics have criticized such celebrations as a kind of political correctness.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 67 with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of precipitation. Need to feed the cats, feed me, clean yesterday's cat bowls and...surprise! There is still laundry to be folded. OK. That's not really a surprise. The surprise will be when I actually GET the laundry folded.

No word on the van yet, but I didn't really expect any word yesterday. Of course I've driven through "deep" water, but HOW deep is "deep"? My car has never been submerged...at any rate I doubt that it has any bearing on the issue, though anything is possible I suppose. I can't correlate any "deep" water drive throughs with the original start of the issue anyway.

No big plans for today. Feeling kind of blah anyway so that's all right.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    This should be fun. Stuart tries various microwave burgers.

Aldi in EUROPE, not here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMk5MzgcbIc
  • parityanimal
    Hannah reviews some of the most popular food videos on the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmm0Q1T0E9I
  • parityanimal