Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Valerie

Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 72 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Baked beans are in the oven. Yes, it's another pool party weekend. Still some laundry in there to put away, but it's folded!

Need to feed the cats, clean the cat bowls from yesterday, get to the pool party and lurk in the covered area under the front of the house for most of the afternoon. I WILL get in the pool briefly, maybe more than once, but only for short periods as I just can't take much sun.
    Good Morning
    I hope the Pool Party went well. Join the crowd, I still have laundry to put away too.
    Emmy tries vegan (but not quite) fish and eel.
    That skin looks like the Japanese Seaweed ? To Know I will have to watch the video later.
    Spaghettios throwdown. What is Mr. Wolfe eating? (and why would he even WANT to eat Spaghettios?)
    In my youth I ate and enjoyed those foods.
    Dinner with robots.
    Pass !

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 66 with an expected high of 90 and, surprisingly, 0% chance of precipitation??? I though the rains were supposed to come today. Oh well, a few things outside may need a drop or two of water this morning then, and if I water it will probably pour down rain this afternoon.

Need to feed the cats. Yesterday's bowls are already cleaned out.

Still some leftover pizza from Friday night but I didn't finish it off for breakfast because I had originally planned to cook up some ground beef Friday night but J wanted pizza. Then Saturday we had the pool party, so I had pizza for breakfast, then again for late supper after the pool party, and there are still two slices left but the ground beef was still waiting, possibly impatiently by now, to be cooked.

So for breakfast I made bacon cheeseburger macaroni. Browned about a pound and a quarter of ground beef and drained, then added one medium chopped onion, about two tablespoons of butter, some salt, pepper, and rosemary. Yes, I know, I removed most of the beef fat and then turned around and added butter. But butter is a better fat for cheese sauce.

Stirred around for a while longer on medium, until the onion was translucent, then added a couple of nice handfuls (no, I didn't measure - maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup) of elbow macaroni and poured in about 2 1/4 cups of hot water and stirred it all around. Brought it back to a boil and simmered, stirring, until the macaroni was about half done, then added about half a cup (nope, didn't measure) of whole milk, 4 ounces (prepackaged mini-block) of Velveeta cheese, four slices of deluxe American cheese, about half a cup (maybe?) of shredded sharp cheddar, and a good swirl of yellow mustard, maybe a tablespoon and a half.

Once the cheese had begun to melt, I stirred that all around and simmered until the macaroni was as done as I wanted and the sauce had thickened up, but not TOO thick as I know it always thickens more afterward.

Put some in a pasta plate, drizzled a little ketchup on it, at the table, and enjoyed my hot breakfast. No, I didn't have any dill pickle to lay on top, but I would have done so if I had any! I didn't want any sweet pickle relish on this.

The final result was quite tasty, just like a cheeseburger, and there are several meals worth put away for later, though lunch today needs to be those last two slices of pepperoni pizza that are in the fridge.

Don't know if I overdid something at the pool party, came too close to tripping over Dinah, or what, but last night I was beginning to prepare J's baked (frozen, precooked) hash brown patties and stove top scrambled eggs with cheese, and suddenly my right hip hurt so badly I could barely move. I was right by the kitchen table at that moment so I grabbed a chair and waited a moment to try again, but nooooooo, the hip wasn't having it yet. Of course my emergency cane was about 12 to 15 feet away, near my computer desk, but I could have eventually used the chair as a sort of walker, awkwardly moving it a foot or so at a time, through a relatively narrow space, to reach the cane, but then would have had to get the chair back to the table too.

Fortunately I didn't have to as J heard my grunts of pain and came to see what was wrong. He retrieved my cane for me and then took over the preparation of his dinner and I sat at the kitchen table sipping tea for about 15 minutes to allow my hip time to get over it. I could still feel little twinges for the rest of the evening and kept my cane close at hand.

J prepared his eggs, with bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, and cheese, then spooned some salsa on top of them and had his nice dinner and then cleaned up his wok. So I didn't have to clean my cast iron skillet last night, which was what I would have cooked the eggs in. Of course I did have to clean it this morning after making my bacon cheeseburger macaroni.

And now I guess I'd best feed the cats before they decide to eat me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Thai street food. Hot dog egg cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTs-NXLMVJw
  • parityanimal
    Indian seven layer sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1tEuFt_2Ho
  • parityanimal
    Emmy tests a vintage shaved ice maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6SROkYT1ps
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 66 with an expected high of 90 and, surprisingly, 0% chance of precipitation??? I though the rains were supposed to come today. Oh well, a few things outside may need a drop or two of water this morning then, and if I water it will probably pour down rain this afternoon.

Need to feed the cats. Yesterday's bowls are already cleaned out.

Still some leftover pizza from Friday night but I didn't finish it off for breakfast because I had originally planned to cook up some ground beef Friday night but J wanted pizza. Then Saturday we had the pool party, so I had pizza for breakfast, then again for late supper after the pool party, and there are still two slices left but the ground beef was still waiting, possibly impatiently by now, to be cooked.
    Hi Ed
    I think I would have cooked the Ground Beef Too as it was getting old. It is my suspicion that the grinding shortens the shelf life if not frozen.
    So for breakfast I made bacon cheeseburger macaroni. Browned about a pound and a quarter of ground beef and drained, then added one medium chopped onion, about two tablespoons of butter, some salt, pepper, and rosemary. Yes, I know, I removed most of the beef fat and then turned around and added butter. But butter is a better fat for cheese sauce.

Stirred around for a while longer on medium, until the onion was translucent, then added a couple of nice handfuls (no, I didn't measure - maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup) of elbow macaroni and poured in about 2 1/4 cups of hot water and stirred it all around. Brought it back to a boil and simmered, stirring, until the macaroni was about half done, then added about half a cup (nope, didn't measure) of whole milk, 4 ounces (prepackaged mini-block) of Velveeta cheese, four slices of deluxe American cheese, about half a cup (maybe?) of shredded sharp cheddar, and a good swirl of yellow mustard, maybe a tablespoon and a half.

Once the cheese had begun to melt, I stirred that all around and simmered until the macaroni was as done as I wanted and the sauce had thickened up, but not TOO thick as I know it always thickens more afterward.

Put some in a pasta plate, drizzled a little ketchup on it, at the table, and enjoyed my hot breakfast. No, I didn't have any dill pickle to lay on top, but I would have done so if I had any! I didn't want any sweet pickle relish on this.

The final result was quite tasty, just like a cheeseburger, and there are several meals worth put away for later, though lunch today needs to be those last two slices of pepperoni pizza that are in the fridge.
    I have been fighting the temptation to pick some store sold Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni, I have seen it two different stores. Bishops Grocery Store and the 7-Eleven :smiley:
    Don't know if I overdid something at the pool party, came too close to tripping over Dinah, or what, but last night I was beginning to prepare J's baked (frozen, precooked) hash brown patties and stove top scrambled eggs with cheese, and suddenly my right hip hurt so badly I could barely move. I was right by the kitchen table at that moment so I grabbed a chair and waited a moment to try again, but nooooooo, the hip wasn't having it yet. Of course my emergency cane was about 12 to 15 feet away, near my computer desk, but I could have eventually used the chair as a sort of walker, awkwardly moving it a foot or so at a time, through a relatively narrow space, to reach the cane, but then would have had to get the chair back to the table too.

Fortunately I didn't have to as J heard my grunts of pain and came to see what was wrong. He retrieved my cane for me and then took over the preparation of his dinner and I sat at the kitchen table sipping tea for about 15 minutes to allow my hip time to get over it. I could still feel little twinges for the rest of the evening and kept my cane close at hand.
    I'm sorry to hear that, OTOH You did have a savior close by. I threw my back out or into a muscle spasm in the past by the simple act of twisting. It took days for the excruciating pain to abate. I would say You were lucky that You only felt twinges later in the day.
    J prepared his eggs, with bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, and cheese, then spooned some salsa on top of them and had his nice dinner and then cleaned up his wok. So I didn't have to clean my cast iron skillet last night, which was what I would have cooked the eggs in. Of course I did have to clean it this morning after making my bacon cheeseburger macaroni.

And now I guess I'd best feed the cats before they decide to eat me.
    Thai street food. Hot dog egg cheese.
    Hot Dog and Cheese on a slice of bread, ketchup options, yes, I'm not sure about the egg however. FWIW I never used Mustard on a hot dog, I suspect that puts me in a minority.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Ed, and Minority Roger!!! LOL!
    I only put mustard on my hot dogs, also on french fries. I eat catsup, but its not important enough to walk to the refrigerator to get it!!!

Spent the day helping Marietta...Will go back Tuesday after my Chiro Appointment and spend the afternoon and early evening doing whatever needs to be done... I think M. was mortified. She had a couple kids games, and some lotion in a pump bottle that she couldn't get locked down, a couple Christmas holiday items for me to have. And when her Hubs gathered up the stuff I'd inventoried, to go to Good Will...he also took my bag of stuff. Not his fault, I should't have moved it to another area...Poor man had no way to know that wasn't part of the GoodWill donation.

Tom E. has found a new way to annoy me. I call him to come eat every morning, and again every evening...and he shows up when he's d@nm good and ready! He's right above me, on the roof. I don't know if he's going deaf and just doesn't always hear me, of if he'd getting on my last nerve cause he can!

I just finished eating one of my Amy's dinners...rice with peas, semi pureed lentils, and cauliflower and carrot pennies....it was really good. 4 minutes in the microwave and ready to eat. Can't beat that!! And I just finished it all off with a nice apple!

Paid a couple bills due in August...Fed Tom E. and I'm ready for bed. Sleeping in tomorrow morning and then everything and everybody best keep out of my way...I have a ton of stuff at MY house that need doing. Wednesday will be all day at Marietta's directing the loading of her furniture and boxes, etc. And then a very sad good bye.

That's about all I know...I will watch vid's tomorrow, and read articles, etc.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    xJAZTu.gif

1lLGX0.jpg

QSKnDi.jpg

dKBL7t.gif

fbVxMv.jpg
    So True

MbVOEW.jpg

Achb5X.jpg

3P7S6I.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2018
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 67 degrees and It felt OK for the the outbound leg, then semi uncomfortable walking due to humidity. The Dew Point is in the 6os which is considered uncomfortable. I did see two deer run across the road after I passed my turnaround point.

Back When Singers dressed neatly and were nicely choreographed.
    wwS5J0.jpg

https://apnews.com/07039ed986a54d43940144282f0c431a/Tens-of-thousands-of-Russians-protest-retirement-age-hikes
    Tens of thousands of Russians protest retirement age hikes

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/399330-dallas-cowboys-quarterback-anthem-protesting-takes-away-from
    Dallas Cowboys quarterback: Anthem protesting 'takes away from the joy' of football

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/399221-midterms-likely-to-be-most-expensive-ever-as-tv-ads-surpass-billion-dollar
    Midterms likely to be most expensive ever as TV ads pass billion-dollar mark

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/07/28/carrfire-in-northern-california-so-big-it-is-making-its-own-weather/
    #CarrFire in Northern California so big it is making it’s own weather

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6002225/Eerie-images-devastation-left-wildfires-raging-California.html
    California's city of ash: Shocking pictures show devastation caused by the Carr Fire, which is now larger than Salt Lake City

Have a Great Monday, That's my plan
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed, and Minority Roger!!! LOL!
    I only put mustard on my hot dogs, also on french fries. I eat catsup, but its not important enough to walk to the refrigerator to get it!!!

Spent the day helping Marietta...Will go back Tuesday after my Chiro Appointment and spend the afternoon and early evening doing whatever needs to be done... I think M. was mortified. She had a couple kids games, and some lotion in a pump bottle that she couldn't get locked down, a couple Christmas holiday items for me to have. And when her Hubs gathered up the stuff I'd inventoried, to go to Good Will...he also took my bag of stuff. Not his fault, I should't have moved it to another area...Poor man had no way to know that wasn't part of the GoodWill donation.
    Hi Valerie
    I usually put salt on my fries, sometimes I will dip in Ketchup and I also like Cheese Fries :wink:
    I do not recall ever seeing anyone put Mustard on Fries.

Things happen, when that happens You just shrug and move on, as there is no sense crying over lost things.
    Tom E. has found a new way to annoy me. I call him to come eat every morning, and again every evening...and he shows up when he's d@nm good and ready! He's right above me, on the roof. I don't know if he's going deaf and just doesn't always hear me, of if he'd getting on my last nerve cause he can!

I just finished eating one of my Amy's dinners...rice with peas, semi pureed lentils, and cauliflower and carrot pennies....it was really good. 4 minutes in the microwave and ready to eat. Can't beat that!! And I just finished it all off with a nice apple!

Paid a couple bills due in August...Fed Tom E. and I'm ready for bed. Sleeping in tomorrow morning and then everything and everybody best keep out of my way...I have a ton of stuff at MY house that need doing. Wednesday will be all day at Marietta's directing the loading of her furniture and boxes, etc. And then a very sad good bye.

That's about all I know...I will watch vid's tomorrow, and read articles, etc.

Later...
    I'll go with either Deafness or Not being hungry You are getting ignored.

I like microwaving my foods, the speed and freshness is nice.

I just mailed off the cable bill this morning, We do keep basic cable as a backup for the Satellite TV and the Internet.
    As my Brother said, It is used for two whole channels :smiley:

I hope You managed to sleep in better than I.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 73 with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and run the dishwasher. Also need to clean yesterday's cat bowls, of course, and maybe put the folded laundry away. Then I can also possibly launder the towels from the pool party and maybe even fold and put THOSE away. Hahahahahahaha. Who am I kidding?

But seriously, I might do a little housework, like sweeping some floors.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    The latest (and greatest?) MRE pepperoni pizza review. 2018 pepperoni pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_sY-nJ179U
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    I like cheese. Top ten iconic cheeses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLhmG-LIwnE
  • parityanimal
    Restaurants you didn't know changed their name. Or maybe you did! Of course IHoP didn't really change their name to IHoB but some people believed it was happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998cwei2c0o
  • parityanimal
    Blanquil, weighted blanket review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80STZzLFNZg
  • parityanimal
    Some Amazon items reviewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq8hIRT_v-A
  • parityanimal
    And here's a bit of cheesy comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB8pbUW5n1g
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    Busy day...Gym, Walmart for cat food, gas in the car, etc...and taking off in a minute to get my pedi. Been trying to get that done for over a week.
    Cardio Doc office called this morning...had to change my appointment to the 10th. Doc won't be at the John's Creek office this week... so, all I can say is my echo can't be toooo bad.
    Watched Emmy and the Shave Ice...best I ever had was on the North Shore of Maui. Little shack with a long line waiting. It was really good.
    Ed, glad J was home to help you out, get your cane, etc. I keep mine at bedside. That was where I had the most trouble when my knees were being obnoxious.
    Ok gotta go...

Later...
    OH, Swamp...the worms and the pool sweeper! Funny!
  • RogerToo
    iCYv7A.jpg

De7MSl.jpg

EG9GIW.jpg

baksym.jpg

BuHRKd.jpg

KjT158.jpg

spnE0N.jpg

SWnTWu.jpg