Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sourdough bread. Master class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FVfJTGpXnU
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    Afternoon with the Cardio Doc went well. I am going back for an echocardiogram week after next. I think he's fishing, but we'll let him earn his keep. Those things go for anywhere from $1000 to 2000, and no I really mean one to two thousand. Medicare will pay for it. Thank goodness.

Watched 2 of your vid's Ed...lotsa prep for the honey butter 'chicken'..I don't have an issue with real honey (I'm a bad vegan)..but I don't use marg. or butter at all, not even plant derived sterols. But it looks delicious!
    The garbo tofu looks like fun to mess around and make...and then what? Seriously...it looks like a soft wonderful French cheese, but I don't think I'd spread it on a cracker or slice of bread...I guess I could look for some silken tofu recipe's...Ted would like that. He had some tofu at VeGreen that was baked or fried and crispy on the outside, and soft as a soft boiled egg on the inside. Not my cup of tea..I really thought I'd choke. I guess its what you get used to, but I like my dry fried or roasted tofu that has some density to it. Ok, I think I skipped ahead, so I'll go back a page and see what all I've missed.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, I'm caught up....
    I love the idea, (and no its not new) of getting rid of the mosquito population in N Australia. THey've done that with some other bug? I just don't remember what bug or pest.
    I can imagine what was going thru Angela M's mind while listening to that breakfast outburst by our shining sad example of a leader.
    I'm not sure about that lemon...it appears to be rolling end to end most of the time!! Or it could have been on a very steep grade???
    Loved the Swamp comics again today. They have to be my current strips.
    I'm heading for bed. Ready for a good nights sleep.
    I did not make it to the gym Wed or Thurs...setting a bad example to myself! lol!! I will be there Friday and Saturday. I think my boys are coming over on Sunday, so I may miss a good bit of the final game of the World Soccer Games. Just shaking my head...............

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    GEGkKQ.jpg

pdP2Z8.jpg

ohwmch.jpg

q2YXRa.jpg

MDEj2Q.jpg

3NHf5v.jpg

KAhQmc.jpg

z6MIHZ.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 67 degrees and It was comfortable.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/07/10/survey-washington-worst-run-cities/
    Survey: Washington DC, Detroit, New York Among The Worst-Run Cities In U.S.

https://apnews.com/f65ed6b3027046dd8e7068b76d56e778
    Border Protection says NYC mayor crossed border illegally

Have a Great Friday the 13th
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's Thrilling Thursday! I've been up for hours but distracted by this and that.

Got out to Ingles today for groceries in my no longer dingy van. No extraneous dings, chirps, whistles or buzzers on this trip!

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls.

But meanwhile...LUNCHTIME FOOD REVIEW

Mama Cozzi's EXTRA CHEESE French Bread pizza.

This really did have extra cheese, and I didn't feel any need to add more. The crust baked up crisp on the outside but nicely soft textured on the inside. I baked them longer than the recommended time, as J and I both like our cheese a little more toasted.

I felt there was plenty of sauce as well, and the flavor of it all was quite good.

For a frozen French Bread pizza, I'd give this one 5 out of 5. I mean, I would have like some pepperoni or sausage on it as well as the cheese, but that wasn't what was in the box and I knew that before cooking it. LOL.
    Images Snipped
    Hi Ed
    I suspect that knowing their was no Sausage or Pepperoni on the French Bread Pizza that I would have picked up some Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles and or Pepperoni Slices and possibly done 1/2 of one and 1/2 of the other or possibly a mix of both before heating. Yesterday I had the NS Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza for Dinner. I like it and I like that the crust is thin and crispy :smiley:
    The other thing I like on Pizza is Bacon, After all everything is better with Bacon :wink: We often order Pizza with 1/2 Bacon and 1/2 Sausage or Pepperoni and sometimes Meatballs. The Meatballs depend on where the Pizza comes from.

Now that the car is silent how boring :smiley:

Thank You for the Review
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Afternoon with the Cardio Doc went well. I am going back for an echocardiogram week after next. I think he's fishing, but we'll let him earn his keep. Those things go for anywhere from $1000 to 2000, and no I really mean one to two thousand. Medicare will pay for it. Thank goodness.

Watched 2 of your vid's Ed...lotsa prep for the honey butter 'chicken'..I don't have an issue with real honey (I'm a bad vegan)..but I don't use marg. or butter at all, not even plant derived sterols. But it looks delicious!
    The garbo tofu looks like fun to mess around and make...and then what? Seriously...it looks like a soft wonderful French cheese, but I don't think I'd spread it on a cracker or slice of bread...I guess I could look for some silken tofu recipe's...Ted would like that. He had some tofu at VeGreen that was baked or fried and crispy on the outside, and soft as a soft boiled egg on the inside. Not my cup of tea..I really thought I'd choke. I guess its what you get used to, but I like my dry fried or roasted tofu that has some density to it. Ok, I think I skipped ahead, so I'll go back a page and see what all I've missed.
    Hi Valerie
    I guess the question is do You have anything indicating that You need a Electrocardiogram ?
    The cost of many procedures is why I chose the best level of Medicare with a supplemental plan that covers the cost not covered by Medicare on medicare covered items. That gives me a predictable expense with no surprises.

Here is a question for You, Why do vegans work to imitate non vegan foods ? Why not just go and develop other tastes in foods. I tried the Tofu from the Whole Foods Salad Bar, Brown on the outside and white on the inside, Not for me. I have not seen the Chicken Fried Tofu. I am guessing that it is breaded and deep fried ?
    Ok, I'm caught up....
    I love the idea, (and no its not new) of getting rid of the mosquito population in N Australia. They've done that with some other bug? I just don't remember what bug or pest.
    I can imagine what was going thru Angela M's mind while listening to that breakfast outburst by our shining sad example of a leader.
    I'm not sure about that lemon...it appears to be rolling end to end most of the time!! Or it could have been on a very steep grade???
    Loved the Swamp comics again today. They have to be my current strips.
    I'm heading for bed. Ready for a good nights sleep.
    I did not make it to the gym Wed or Thurs...setting a bad example to myself! lol!! I will be there Friday and Saturday. I think my boys are coming over on Sunday, so I may miss a good bit of the final game of the World Soccer Games. Just shaking my head...............

Later...
    Australia has problems with animals and such that were introduced for the best of intentions.

I thought the idea, or maybe method of helping damaged organs was interesting.

No DVR or just no interest in watching it after it is over.

I loved the Swamp cartoons I chose for today, hopefully You enjoy them too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 77 with an expected high of 89 and 60% chance of precipitation.

Dishwasher is running. I've been fed and so have the cats. I may pop around to Aldi later for some mixed nuts and paper plates but don't have a great need to do so. We'll see.

Need to clean the cat bowls from yesterday.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    Famous chefs reveal their favorite fast foods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5AAMyFWL0
  • parityanimal
    Kids try snacks from China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4cfgm_6To
  • parityanimal
    Slow cooker curry with lots of vegetables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0RWerO2m_c
  • parityanimal
    The best EVER vegetarian baked beans? Hah, I doubt they hold a candle to mine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf6x6nYIXnU
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Friday the 13th!
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, I think I like this guy! Loved the story.
    EKG changes are what sent me to a Cardiologist. Not thrilled, but Medicare and my AARP supplemental will pay for it, so guess I'll have the test and then we'll see what comes next. I wont learn the results of the test until Aug 3rd. They would have done it sooner, but every day they offered I had other appointments.
    And no I don't have a DVR..this is the 'over the air' kid with no cable company. I guess maybe a recorder could be added to the bunch of wires and ports on the TV but not worth the effort!
    Roger asked: Here is a question for You, Why do vegans work to imitate non vegan foods ? Why not just go and develop other tastes in foods. I tried the Tofu from the Whole Foods Salad Bar, Brown on the outside and white on the inside, Not for me. I have not seen the Chicken Fried Tofu. I am guessing that it is breaded and deep fried ?
    I know it is on the Hot Bar, It appears to be either deep fried, or pan fried, etc. That's why I call it the least healthy was to eat tofu. (I don't like their tofu salad with the brown outside white inside tofu either! Ted likes it on the other hand..to each his own) I don't know why people try to make vegetables etc taste like non vegan foods. Its a 'gateway food'...In my not so humble opinion! I love tofu for what it is...and I like it cooked, baked, BBQ'ed, fried, etc. Years ago Ed posted how to 'Dry Fry' tofu...its a great tofu 'treatment'... All that said, I bought a packaged of BBQ Jackfruit the other day. I've yet to try jackfruit...so it may be as good as everybody's raves, or maybe not! Its a new food to try!

I did not go to Sweet Tom's. yesterday. Just came home and ate from my refrigerator!! My kinda foods, little prep mostly eat!! LOL! I should make that my mantra!

Ed...I watched the slow cooker Veg. Curry, and then I dutifully wrote down the instructions etc. I think all I need is a sweet potato...For what ever reason the last time I was grocery shopping I did not buy ANY kind of potato! Sleep walking in Kroger???

Ok, so no 'Triskaidekaphobia' at my house.....:)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited July 2018
    THe Veggie packed curry is in the slow cooker...dinner at 7:30 :)
    Hope all the medium chain saturated coconut milk doesn't kill me before the cardio guy gets to do his test! LOL!!
    30 oz of coconut milk is a LOT! And if there isn't already enough fat, I"m planning to add some chopped salted cashews to the top of what I eat today. :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2018
    THe Veggie packed curry is in the slow cooker...dinner at 7:30 :)
    Hope all the medium chain saturated coconut milk doesn't kill me before the cardio guy gets to do his test! LOL!!
    30 oz of coconut milk is a LOT! And if there isn't already enough fat, I"m planning to add some chopped salted cashews to the top of what I eat today. :)

Later...

I was seriously thinking of making that curry for tonight too, but I don't have all the veggies, or substitutes enough, or enough coconut milk, plus I had already planned slow cooked beef stew for myself. Of course I DO have more than one slow cooker, and could have run out to buy stuff. J doesn't like sweet potatoes much. I could just add more of some of the other vegetables I suppose, and I'm sure he'd like it with some dry fried tofu stirred in for maybe the last half hour or so of cooking, so maybe that could replace the sweet potato.

How was it with the added cashews?

Here's my stew.

q2zl6xqmtj1k.jpg
  • RogerToo
    MtoMag.jpg

B6I6Db.jpg

UDYexG.jpg

tmJDFX.jpg

dfdWpL.gif

Ig9r5S.jpg

TSobg3.jpg

Jq3axX.jpg
    Me Walking :wink:
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and It was Semi comfortable when the breeze blew.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/07/12/nearly-half-of-americans-trying-to-lose-weight-cdc-data-show
    Nearly Half of Americans Battling to Lose Weight: CDC Data

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/scuba-diver-finds-iphone-lost-12898742
    Scuba diver finds iPhone lost at sea for two days - after TEXT lights it up

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/07/11/burglar-escape-room-police/
    Burglar Breaks Into Escape Room, Calls 911 When He Can’t Escape

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/07/12/heat-waves-brains-slower-study/
    Brain Study Finds People Actually Get Dumber During A Heat Wave

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5947839/Man-reportedly-stabbed-multiple-people-Manhattan.html
    New York, New York
    Man is 'stabbed by multiple people' on a busy Manhattan street in broad daylight

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article214748110.html
    New ‘exotic’ tick invades NC, and it’s an ‘aggressive biter.’ How far has it spread?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-ever-colour-x-ray-human-005837590.html
    First-ever colour X-ray on a human

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 77 with an expected high of 89 and 60% chance of precipitation.

Dishwasher is running. I've been fed and so have the cats. I may pop around to Aldi later for some mixed nuts and paper plates but don't have a great need to do so. We'll see.

Need to clean the cat bowls from yesterday.
    Hi Ed
    Darn it, I meant to go to Whole Foods for their bulk mixed nuts :(
    Too Late now.

I have paper plate holders that are made out of thin strips of wood woven in the shape for the Paper plates that I use to give them support.
    Famous chefs reveal their favorite fast foods.
    I need to look at this one as I am curious what they like. Especially Alton Brown.
    The best EVER vegetarian baked beans? Hah, I doubt they hold a candle to mine...
    Since best is subjective, not objective :wink:
    I like my Brothers non vegetarian baked beans.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger