Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Valerie, this one is for you! Pulled barbecue eggplant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6VWjMUZSbQ
  • parityanimal
    OK...what the *KITTEN* is amiwo?

Let's just find out...apparently it goes well with grilled chicken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosTn_B1CQ8
  • parityanimal
    My bread machine and I made this today. To be fair, it did most of the work but I DID have to lift that heavy bag of flour...and I resisted cutting into it hot, waiting for it to cool COMPLETELY before slicing off a thin end to eat with butter.

cgmc1v8ez4lo.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    ITs been a long, but fun day! Chiro this morning, and lunch with Ted at RThomas...always good food there!
    Home, nap, then I FINALLY made it to the gym...home, dinner, and now here. On my way to bed.
    Oh, there was a brief moment of sanity, and I do have a load of gym clothes almost ready for the dryer. May wait to put them in the dryer til tomorrow though.

Bread looks delicious Ed. Have a small slice WITH butter for me, ok? :)
    The pulled BBQ eggplant looked pretty amazing too. May have to try that when the weather breaks and I Want to run the oven some chilly morning!

Roger, sorry to know that the squirrels got more of your berries than you. Dratted little tree rats. Looks like you may have to invest in some netting to keep the little furry thieves out of your berry patch!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Squirrels...taste like chicken. Just saying.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    LQBfGO.jpg

zuToZ0.jpg

dfCF96.jpg

sVEDz2.jpg

HTypqv.jpg

EPvfel.jpg

27Z6vD.jpg

KLhPrN.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 76 degrees and semi comfortable while walking despite the light breeze due to humidity IMO.

As I was passing the church I noticed one large and two small deer eating the churches lawn.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/08/13/hippo-spanking-video-los-angeles-zoo-lapd/
    LAPD Looking Into Video Of Man Who Spanked Hippo At LA Zoo

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/satanist-teenager-burns-down-historic-13079705
    'Satanist' teenager burns down historic 250-year-old wooden church built by Catherine the Great
    Schoolboy Ignat Sharapov, 15, has been arrested as experts say it will cost more than £1million to repair

https://khn.org/news/lax-oversight-leaves-surgery-center-regulators-and-patients-in-the-dark/
    Lax Oversight Leaves Surgery Center Regulators And Patients In The Dark

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1002867/science-news-Ageing-process-REVERSED-human-cells-University-of-Exeter
    ANTI-AGEING BREAKTHROUGH: Ageing process REVERSED in human cells for first time
    SCIENTISTS have successfully reversed the process of ageing in cells for the first time in a move which could help beat the likes of Alzheimer’s and dementia.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/14/sleep-deprivation-fuels-loneliness-tired-people-socially-repellent/
    Sleep deprivation fuels loneliness because tired people are socially repellent, say scientists

https://www.9news.com/article/news/education/four-day-school-weeks-in-full-effect-for-school-district-27j/73-583765384
    Four-day school weeks in full effect for School District 27J

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1003268/russia-news-military-laser-cannon-vladimir-putin-us-russia
    Russia’s LASER CANNON: US ‘concerned’ over Kremlin’s plans to ‘WIPE OUT SATELLITES’

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2018
    Write it down, Yup
    Hi Ed
    I liked that one :smile:
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 78 with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Just dropped my car off at the shop (again) for the same problem. Clearly there is a short somewhere in the electrical harness, but it may take them some time to locate just where. Started acting up on the way to my cousin's funeral two Saturday's ago, and all the way back from it. So for 20 miles on the way, and 40 on the way back, it was fun (not) listening to chirps, dings, beeps, etc., and watching dash lights flicker, go off, come back on, and then steady for a while, only to start all over.

Each time, so far, they have fixed something that NEEDED fixing anyway, so I have no issues with the shop. They do good work and charge a fair price. I know that these kind of intermittent problems can be hell to find as they can test a given bit and everything seems fine, because they didn't happen to test it at JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT when it was acting up.

Don't know how long it will be in this time. I may have to rent a car to drive to Memphis for the funeral of a good friend who died in her sleep on the 12th. Arrangements have not been made yet, so don't know when it will be. Even if I were to get my van back in time, I think I'd rather rent for this trip, as the van won't have been road tested on a long(ish) trip yet.
    Intermittent problems were also the hardest to find the cause of when I was doing computer repairs.
    To the good at least it keeps running while the trouble is manifesting and does not leave You calling AAA or some towing company.

I am sorry to hear about Your friends upcoming funeral. Just curious would Bus, Train, or a flying equal in money the rental cost.
    Already cleaned cat bowls from yesterday, and the cats and I have all been fed. The LYFT back from the shop was only $7.60 and I added a $2.00 for the driver's tip.

Dinner last night was very late, as I was just about to get something started when I found out about my friend's death, and then didn't REALLY want anything but eventually had to make something to eat with my evening medication, and of course to feed J who doesn't mind eating very late like that. I'd prefer to eat earlier but am OK with occasionally having a very late dinner. Needless to say it wasn't too long after dinner when I went to bed. I ended up just making a quick macaroni and cheese in spicy white cheese sauce. It was good. Took care of needs.
    J had two servings last night and I finished it off this morning for breakfast.
    I seem to prefer Kraft Dinner or Commercially made Mac & Cheese to what I have managed to make at home. My home made never seems to be a tasty.
    Also discovered this morning, in moving the hot dogs to get to the cheese, that what USED to be a 7 pack of Hebrew National mostly fat free dogs has turned into a 6 pack. I thought the wrong amount was left in the package I had opened the other day and knew J wouldn't have eaten one, thought back to when I had eaten from it, and how many and concluded that either I had eaten one in my sleep, a burglar had broken in and eaten just a hot dog and nothing else, or they had reduced the package size. A quick look at the front of the package verified the latter. I don't have any issue with this, and an even number makes it easier to come out even with the buns, if one eats buns with their hot dog. It was just a surprise because I had expected to get 7.
    Your post led me to look and and sure enough what I suspected has happened, The price is the same and the weight is less. Now they weigh 9.43 ounces vs this
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hebrew-National-97-Fat-Free-Beef-Franks-11-Ounce/12444343
    This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out.Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks, 11 Ounce
    Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks, 11 Ounce

Once again a hidden price increase, It appears that this happened a little while ago as both the latest package I bought Sunday and the older ones in the freezer are the same smaller size :(
    Grilled German potato salad. No, he's not grilling the potato salad. And it's not made from grilled Germans. No Germans (to the best of my knowledge) have been harmed in the making of this potato salad. It's made from grilled potatoes though.
    Might be OK, without tasting it myself I have no opinion.
    I don't claim to know what a timpano is. But I like breakfast and the preview picture looked interesting. So here it is!
    Sure Does look tasty.
    Valerie, this one is for you! Pulled barbecue eggplant!
    Looks good to me.
    My bread machine and I made this today. To be fair, it did most of the work but I DID have to lift that heavy bag of flour...and I resisted cutting into it hot, waiting for it to cool COMPLETELY before slicing off a thin end to eat with butter.
    I would not have even tried not to cut into the hot loaf once it warmed up as I love it when the butter melts into it.

Tuesday I tried something I had seen on TV commercials and cooking shows where they put a butter pat on a steak. So I tried putting some softened butter on the Chicken Breast I warmed up in the Microwave.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    ITs been a long, but fun day! Chiro this morning, and lunch with Ted at RThomas...always good food there!
    Home, nap, then I FINALLY made it to the gym...home, dinner, and now here. On my way to bed.
    Oh, there was a brief moment of sanity, and I do have a load of gym clothes almost ready for the dryer. May wait to put them in the dryer til tomorrow though.

Bread looks delicious Ed. Have a small slice WITH butter for me, ok? :)
    The pulled BBQ eggplant looked pretty amazing too. May have to try that when the weather breaks and I Want to run the oven some chilly morning!

Roger, sorry to know that the squirrels got more of your berries than you. Dratted little tree rats. Looks like you may have to invest in some netting to keep the little furry thieves out of your berry patch!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Whatever a RThomas is, Chain Food or ??

The Tree Rats ate a lot more than I managed to get as they eat them when they are only approaching ripe. My Brother mentioned that maybe something like Rabbit netting next year.

If the bread was cold I would likely butter a thick slice and then Microwave it to a warm condition.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Squirrels...taste like chicken. Just saying.
    Hi Again
    I have heard the same thing said of many critters including Peacocks and Peahens.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 71 with an expected high of 91 and 20% chance of precipitation. In other words, a normal August day here for this year.

Breakfast this morning (no pictures-I was hungry and ate it up quickly) was comfort food. Two eggs, sunny side up. One slice of toast (from my home made bread), buttered and using up the last of the berry preserves in the fridge, and some crispy cooked bacon ends and pieces. Valerie, I'm considering that to be "your" slice. It was delicious! LOL.

As I just opened the bacon this morning, there is lots of it left for future use as bacon or as seasoning meat in beans or whatnot.

I like the cost of the ends and pieces but since it's not packaged up in nice, evenly arranged, slices, it can be a bit awkward getting it out of the package, and the thickness of the pieces isn't terribly consistent either. Still, it tastes just fine, albeit a bit salty, but most bacon is a bit salty.

Oliver was out most of the day yesterday, mingling, though the other cats still want nothing to do with him. They'll come around, I'm sure. We hear hissing whenever he gets too close to one of them. For the moment I put him back into "his" bathroom, where he spent the night as we didn't want to sleep in an armed camp last night. Perhaps on Friday night we'll take that step. He has discovered the kitchen counters so I have to check on breakables that he might decide to knock over or even off.

He's been out some this morning already but right now all the felines are feeding. Oliver, in the safety of his room, and the other three in the master bathroom where they always have their food bowls. I need to find a place in there for Oliver's food bowl too, as he's likely moving out of the hall bathroom as of Friday night.

Need to clean up yesterdays cat bowls and then await my package with my mail order (UPS actually) prescription.

Once again the endocrinologist's office called that scrip in to Walgreen's instead of CVS/Caremark mail order and then, when Walgreen's was in the process of filling it and told me they only had a partial order ready for pickup, insisted that she had (presumably personally?) faxed it to CVS/Caremark and was confused about how that one could possibly have been sent to Walgreen's. I am not angry about the mistake, but I am a little *KITTEN* off that she wouldn't own up to it either time she made this mistake. How about just, "Oh, I'm sorry, I must have sent it to the wrong pharmacy. Let me take care of that." instead of "I'm confused. I sent it to the right place!" when that is patently untrue.

I, of course, called Walgreen's and cancelled the order entirely and, since the dingbat at the doctor's office can't seem to get this right, I'm hoping that I will be able to (as done this time) request the refill directly through CVS/Caremark, to make sure it's at the right pharmacy, even when they need a new prescription...sigh.

Still, I always tell her how much I appreciate the time she spends for me at the doctor's office, gritting my teeth as I do, and really wanting to talk to the Doctor and tell him he needs to replace her with someone a bit more competent who will actually take responsibility for her own mistakes. Having been a "boss" I do know how difficult it can be to get a staff who are all really good fits for the job requirements.

Oliver is crying to get out of the bathroom now. I guess I'll let him back out and hope for the best.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Speaking of tasty breakfasts...some tasty breakfast recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfqp1dmJ3I
  • parityanimal
    I don't know if Portuguese chicken has become "the thing to eat" or not in Montreal, but since I'm not likely to be there any time soon, I guess I'll have to find another source (or make it myself) if I want to eat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-137fMMo0
  • parityanimal
    The REAL reason steak houses are disappearing. Or is it? Haven't watched yet, but maybe everyone has figured out that spending $60 for a $15 steak is not really very cost effective and cooking a steak at home is really not difficult?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFbinI0ARBg
  • parityanimal
    One of my brothers posted this one on facebook. I find it difficult to believe that they could fit that many dollars worth of ramen noodles into a single, 53 foot trailer...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/15/georgia-police-investigating-100-000-ramen-noodle-heist/1005497002/
  • parityanimal
    Roger, I'm sure you could make a tastier home made mac and cheese. You just need to learn how! Might try browsing the internet for techniques and recipes. :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey, hey,hey!!
    Its not even noon!!
    Sorry Roger, R Thomas, is a local 24 hour restaurant in midtown ATL...right on Peachtree St! ..literally only a sidewalk from table to street. Makes for some interesting watching as you eat. (Ted got a veg. burger that's house made, and a side of their cottage potatoes...(i've eaten the burger, and it's good!) He made up for lack of veggies for this vegetarian by getting a glass of just pressed carrot, apple &______., juice. Have had that too..delicious.
    The indoor, (enclosed patio) decor is pure 60's!! They also have animal flesh for those who eat it. Marietta was always afraid she'd get something that was 'like' chicken, but wasn't!!! Will have to give the wait staff credit...for every answer they were assuring her that what she ordered would be 'real chicken' not fake stuff they maintained their composure and were all out patience!!!

I want to go back and watch that 10 vegan "meat dishes"...what I did see looked good!

Also Ed said it...squirrel is good as chicken...and its free if you catch one of the little rats.

This is going to make Roger mad...sorry Roger but I think its important. Yesterday's outrage of removing Security Clearance from a former CIA head....was just too much. Just cuz you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. And I will go to the store after gym and a stretch class I signed up for??? (what was I thinking??)...I will go to Publix and pick up a copy of the Atlanta newspaper to see if they have also followed the 360+ editorial pages across the nation in defense of the 4th Estate.

That is all...

• GardenKatGardens
    This meme was on GreenMed's newsletter today...I cannot get the pix to load here so what it said was

"Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pic dew-wet red berries in a cup."

I immediately thought of Roger picking berries after his early morning walk!! So I'm doubly sorry about those berry eating tree rats...Yep, need to eat a few of the tree rats, wonder, Will They Taste Like Stollen raspberries???

Later...
  • RogerToo
    AxA1mV.jpg

bcxtSW.jpg

my7KqD.jpg

mspaVQ.jpg

W0oMCH.jpg

3OnWIJ.jpg

dDUlSB.jpg

eBN241.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking Yesterday when I went back out I found a shiny Dime, Today Nothing. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and uncomfortable while walking due to humidity IMO. I did make one change, I picked up a Super Big Gulp Diet Pepsi with a lot of ice which did help somewhat. I think there is enough caffeine in that to keep a lack of Caffeine Headache away.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article216678160.html
    New info reveals NC woman may be the oldest living person in the US

https://apnews.com/71082d3bb77e44a59408a69bc58caf89
    A rising concern? After straws, balloons get more scrutiny

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/real-estate/2018/08/15/cities-where-middle-class-can-no-longer-afford-home-prices/37105219/
    Priced out of the market? Cities where the middle class can no longer afford a home

This was covered on Wednesday's news
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/heatherknight/article/It-s-no-laughing-matter-SF-forming-Poop-13153517.php
    It’s no laughing matter — SF forming Poop Patrol to keep sidewalks clean

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/glyphosate-roundup-chemical-found-in-childrens-breakfast-foods/
    Weed-killing chemical linked to cancer found in some children's breakfast foods

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article214920025.html
    Ocean explorers find lost WWII shipwreck that ‘entombed’ 70 US sailors as they slept

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article213337689.html
    The 1838 shipwreck was 'the Titanic of its time.' Divers just made an eerie discovery.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger