Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hey! Its only 10p.m.!!
    not at all busy day today...Did get to the gym..other than that, not much. Cooked some rice. Some squash, and some asparagus.. Hardly a day's work. But will keep me in food for a few days.

Tom E did not come home for dinner. I have thought for several weeks now that somebody besides me is feeding the moocher...fine by me! I'm sure he'll be here early tomorrow morning.

I think I'm hearing far off thunder. Didn't watch the weather tonite, maybe I should have??

On my way to bed, I need a scrabble word...life's tough, eh?

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    10 PM, That is when I trundle off to bed for what passes for my nights sleep :wink:

I like fried or baked Asparagus somewhat more than boiled. I was watching a cooking contest TV show and the "Chef" contestant used a peeler on the Asparagus before cooking it. That is something I have seen or done, You ?

There was some Loud Thunder in the area yesterday and occasional downpours :(

Good Luck with the scrabble, I was never great playing it.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 69 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to get some floors swept and feed the cats. Yesterday's cat bowls are already cleaned up!

And need to eat my breakfast.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Sheet pan shakshuka.
    I probably would not eat that one since I like my Eggs Well Done and not with a runny Yolk :smile:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

When I make it in a skillet, I generally put J's eggs in earlier than mine as I like them runny, but he prefers them well done too. You could probably make the sheet pan shakshuka by simply cooking the base and eggs separately, perhaps frying the eggs hard and then laying them on top of the toast and sauce base.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Think I will go to the gym...then I can take Wednesday off while I run up and down the streets grocery shopping and seeing my Chiro..maybe also see Ted while I'm in town.
    But, for today...gym, and some little odds and ends that I've ignored all week :)
    I was really excited about the spicy pork and veg. video...and they used meat. as well as tofu? Why? Why? Why? LOL
    Then there was the Buddha Bowl...I love making Buddha bowls...just would have used cubed tofu of some sort...like maybe WF Chicken Fried, with my rice and veggies. See, I can ruin ANY diet without even trying. The egg whatever cooked on the grill looked delicious...I hope at least one of my grocery stores soon carries the new egg stuff that is not egg. From what I read it can be scrambled, made into crepes, etc. So, that should work. I sure hope this stuff holds up to all the hype...cuz I'd really love to have some scrambled egg in my fried rice again! :)

Roger, hope your weather improves. You walks don't sound so very fun or comfortable these days.

Ed,did it rain last night? I was awake or at least til midnite 'aware' and my deaf ears didn't hear any rain...but that doesn't mean squat...as without my hearing aids ......

I really gotta get going... so far I've managed a whopping 500-ish steps! That will not win any awards!! (unless maybe I become a sloth) :)

Later...

Oh, I meant to ask Roger...you got sprouts at Costco??? What kind? and did you really mean a pound???? What does one do with a pound of sprouts? she asked wondering.... I really can't even imagine a pound of sprouts! IF I buy sprouts at WF, I get little square box of broccoli sprouts or radish, etc, and I can't even eat those up in a week. Inquiring minds and all that ....
  • parityanimal
    Good Morning!
    Think I will go to the gym...then I can take Wednesday off while I run up and down the streets grocery shopping and seeing my Chiro..maybe also see Ted while I'm in town.
    But, for today...gym, and some little odds and ends that I've ignored all week :)
    I was really excited about the spicy pork and veg. video...and they used meat. as well as tofu? Why? Why? Why? LOL
    Then there was the Buddha Bowl...I love making Buddha bowls...just would have used cubed tofu of some sort...like maybe WF Chicken Fried, with my rice and veggies. See, I can ruin ANY diet without even trying. The egg whatever cooked on the grill looked delicious...I hope at least one of my grocery stores soon carries the new egg stuff that is not egg. From what I read it can be scrambled, made into crepes, etc. So, that should work. I sure hope this stuff holds up to all the hype...cuz I'd really love to have some scrambled egg in my fried rice again! :)

Roger, hope your weather improves. You walks don't sound so very fun or comfortable these days.

Ed,did it rain last night? I was awake or at least til midnite 'aware' and my deaf ears didn't hear any rain...but that doesn't mean squat...as without my hearing aids ......

I really gotta get going... so far I've managed a whopping 500-ish steps! That will not win any awards!! (unless maybe I become a sloth) :)

Later...

Oh, I meant to ask Roger...you got sprouts at Costco??? What kind? and did you really mean a pound???? What does one do with a pound of sprouts? she asked wondering.... I really can't even imagine a pound of sprouts! IF I buy sprouts at WF, I get little square box of broccoli sprouts or radish, etc, and I can't even eat those up in a week. Inquiring minds and all that ....

If it rained last night, I missed it too.

I thought Roger was talking about Brussels Sprouts.
  • parityanimal
    So much for taking the whole weekend off. At least I got Saturday off!

So far today, toilets scrubbed. Some of the floors swept. Still more floors to do.

Big stacks of empty cardboard boxes, in the hall, from where J has been unpacking stuff from moves long ago, have been moved to the garage for disassembling and putting out to recycle but that won't happen today as it's too darn hot to do that out in the garage, even with the door open and a big fan running.

I'll gradually get them out to recycle. I even found an old cardboard wine crate I hadn't realized I still had in the garage and it needs to go to recycle too. I was sure I had taken care of all the old cardboard wine crated but this one had been hidden by plants that have been moved to the yard for the summer.

I told J to be ruthless with the discards but honestly haven't seen that much in discards so not sure what he took out of all these boxes or where it all went! I am almost afraid to look in the small, hall bedroom he's trying to convert to office space.

Oh, and the dishwasher is running and being cleaned with a dishwasher cleaning tablet in addition to the regular dishwasher tablet for the dishes.

A few more floors left to sweep, and at some point I need to get the cat boxes scooped and the garbage and regular recycles out to the curb. Not sure if a nap fits into this agenda or not today, though I'll probably make myself lie down for a bit at some point.

OK. Break time is over. Gonna quaff some water and get back to it.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey guys...
    Roger, Ed solved the sprouts problem..My first thought when I read you got sprouts was a mental pix of the little boxes of sprouts in the grocery stores!! How do you cook your B.Sprouts? Just curious. I've grown really fond of baking them in a hot oven and putting cheese on at the end, or, drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.

Ed,what do you think about the washing the dishwasher tablets? I've never used them, and dishwasher looks clean, and no smell...maybe because first rinse everything that goes into the dishwasher? Just curious.

Cat showed up for dinner tonite! Ate some of his dinner and took off. I brought his leftovers into the house, so I wouldn't see those 5 (five) cute little baby raccoons again. They are darling...but.

Ok, I'm in need of a couple of games before I fall asleep so ..

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Ed,what do you think about the washing the dishwasher tablets? I've never used them, and dishwasher looks clean, and no smell...maybe because first rinse everything that goes into the dishwasher? Just curious.

Well, I buy them because the dishwasher manual suggested them. I put one in about once a month. I also clean the clothes washer with bleach once in a while though that isn't once a month. I give my dishes a sorta half rinse but mostly just try to get rid of solids. Liquids I don't worry about so much.

The dishwasher looks clean and all when done. But as you said, it tends to anyway.
  • parityanimal
    This is Oliver. Jason is bringing him back from Kentucky. He is going to be living with us.

q86yul3mgefo.jpg
  • RogerToo
    U36A9w.jpg

JIjcIn.jpg

ZoFpte.jpg

ZC0Dva.jpg

ewtbE4.png

Pnk4RM.jpg

TIRV4o.jpg

ST827M.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 74 degrees and uncomfortable while walking due to the dew point being in the oppressive range again :(

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/401321-cost-of-living-rises-at-quickest-rate-in-10-years
    Cost of living rises at fastest rate in decade
    Energy, medical care and apparel costs dropped in July, while food prices ticked up.
    "Rising rents remain the source of inflation.

https://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/08/10/texas-cities-dominate-list-of-u-s-boomtowns/
    Texas Cities Dominate List of U.S. ‘Boomtowns’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/10/80-year-woman-caught-tecate-port-92-pounds-heroin-say-border-police/959529002/
    Woman in her 80s caught smuggling $870,000 worth of heroin, border protection says

https://www.expatica.com/fr/news/country-news/France-tourism-birds-offbeat_2031808.html
    'Intelligent' crows to pick up litter at French theme park

https://www.france24.com/en/20180810-year-paris-bad-health-smoking-183-cigarettes
    A year in Paris is as bad for your health as smoking 183 cigarettes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-f-150-seat-belt-fires-spark-federal-investigation/ar-BBLLvEs?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=AVRES007
    Ford F-150 seat belt fires spark federal investigation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-45099915
    South Africa risks 'Zimbabwe-style land chaos'

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 69 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to get some floors swept and feed the cats. Yesterday's cat bowls are already cleaned up!

And need to eat my breakfast.
    Hi Ed
    Sunday, Not a great day for me... Oh Well, there is always today, Monday.
    Bacon !
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Sheet pan shakshuka.
    I probably would not eat that one since I like my Eggs Well Done and not with a runny Yolk :smile:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

When I make it in a skillet, I generally put J's eggs in earlier than mine as I like them runny, but he prefers them well done too. You could probably make the sheet pan shakshuka by simply cooking the base and eggs separately, perhaps frying the eggs hard and then laying them on top of the toast and sauce base.
    I wonder if that would change the taste of it.
    Street food in Taiwan.
    Before I look at the Video it looks like a large sheet of Scrambled Eggs and Hash-browns that resemble the McDonalds hash browns.
    So much for taking the whole weekend off. At least I got Saturday off!

So far today, toilets scrubbed. Some of the floors swept. Still more floors to do.

Big stacks of empty cardboard boxes, in the hall, from where J has been unpacking stuff from moves long ago, have been moved to the garage for disassembling and putting out to recycle but that won't happen today as it's too darn hot to do that out in the garage, even with the door open and a big fan running.

I'll gradually get them out to recycle. I even found an old cardboard wine crate I hadn't realized I still had in the garage and it needs to go to recycle too. I was sure I had taken care of all the old cardboard wine crated but this one had been hidden by plants that have been moved to the yard for the summer.

I told J to be ruthless with the discards but honestly haven't seen that much in discards so not sure what he took out of all these boxes or where it all went! I am almost afraid to look in the small, hall bedroom he's trying to convert to office space.

Oh, and the dishwasher is running and being cleaned with a dishwasher cleaning tablet in addition to the regular dishwasher tablet for the dishes.

A few more floors left to sweep, and at some point I need to get the cat boxes scooped and the garbage and regular recycles out to the curb. Not sure if a nap fits into this agenda or not today, though I'll probably make myself lie down for a bit at some point.

OK. Break time is over. Gonna quaff some water and get back to it.

I tend to use the largest box to hold the Paper/cardboard recyclables.

The only tablet used in the dishwasher here is Aspirin since I am the dishwasher :smiley:
    Well, I buy them because the dishwasher manual suggested them. I put one in about once a month. I also clean the clothes washer with bleach once in a while though that isn't once a month. I give my dishes a sorta half rinse but mostly just try to get rid of solids. Liquids I don't worry about so much.

The dishwasher looks clean and all when done. But as you said, it tends to anyway.
    I do not worry about bleach in the Washing Machine since when my brother does whites he uses a concoction of bleach, bluing, and Boraxo.
    This is Oliver. Jason is bringing him back from Kentucky. He is going to be living with us.
    Just curious, how many does that make now, four ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    They are not anything approaching fun :(

Around here the only place I see Scrambled Eggs or peas in the fried rice is the fried rice from the nearby Thai Food place and not in Chinese Fried Rice which does not have the nice bits of browned rice from being fried.
    When I say Sprouts from CostCo I mean Brussel Sprouts. I bought a 4 pound bag of organic frozen sprouts that has four one pound bags inside.
    Hey guys...
    Roger, Ed solved the sprouts problem..My first thought when I read you got sprouts was a mental pix of the little boxes of sprouts in the grocery stores!! How do you cook your B.Sprouts? Just curious. I've grown really fond of baking them in a hot oven and putting cheese on at the end, or, drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.

Cat showed up for dinner tonite! Ate some of his dinner and took off. I brought his leftovers into the house, so I wouldn't see those 5 (five) cute little baby raccoons again. They are darling...but.

Ok, I'm in need of a couple of games before I fall asleep so ..

Later...
    Being a lazy Cook :blush:
    Currently I am taking a MW safe bowl, putting 4 or 5 baby Carrots in it then 3 or four sprouts and finishing it off with the Frozen Green Beans from CostCo to a weight of 170 grams and microwaving it. I did mention being a lazy cook :smiley:
    For Holiday Meals my brother who does most of the cooking either bakes or fries Sprouts or Asparagus with some Montreal Seasoning sprinkled on to them.

You do not want Raccoons thinking of Your porch as the local Diner that is for sure.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 68 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Yes, Oliver makes four and you may be sure that it took some convincing to get me to agree with the idea that J needed to bring him home. I felt he would have been just fine where he was, living in J's aunt's barn. But I have to admit he seems to be a very gentle and sweet kitten, and he really seems to have taken to J.

Need to clean out yesterday's cat bowls, probably do laundry, call the vet early and see if we can get Oliver in for a checkup today or tomorrow, and finalize his shots, and get him chipped.

He's all set up in the hall bathroom for now, with his kitty bed AND a small, one level, cat condo, several toys, a litter box, food, and water. The first thing he did was knock the paper cup dispenser into the sink and scare the *KITTEN* out of himself so that he had to hide behind the wastebasket. At least that's where I found him after investigating the crash. He is about 6 or 7 months old, we think, and we hope that his youth may make it easier to integrate him into the household clowder of cats.

Also, of course, need to feed all the cats. J left some kibble with Oliver but I haven't checked on him yet. I need to buy him some canned food today too. If we get out, perhaps J can wait, with Oliver, in the car while I run in to get some canned kitten food.

For dinner last night, I made a pound of ground lamb into 15 meatballs, mixing it with some Parmesan/Roman cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, a little salt, pepper, and ground rosemary. NO breadcrumbs or other fillers. After baking them, I ate 5 of them with some spicy marinara sauce and a slice of multigrain bread with flax, turned into garlic cheese toast. No pasta, as the toast made up my carbs for the meal.

And now I need to make my next mug of morning hot tea.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Which egg makes the best scrambled eggs? As opposed to which egg can you actually buy at the average grocery store...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWI3qF7wWxY