Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited August 2018
    OK. I like tuna. I like waffles. But I don't mix the two and this doesn't look at all appetizing to me. Having said that, I could see myself putting this (maybe) on toast or noodles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v28LCdT-UEc
  • parityanimal
    Home made ranch dressing. No ranches were harmed in the making of this dressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OGcCwTRhXI
  • parityanimal
    Hoe cakes from the olden days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecnSW1t4dLk
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning Guys!!
    Enjoying my coffee...watched the kids with the 'old peoples' snacks!! The little Asian girl and her rendition of old people walking was hilarious! As funny as O years ago when she grabbed a throw I'd knitted, hopped into the rocking chair and pretended to be cold and talked like a frail old person. She had me laughing til my sides hurt. Ted used to do that when he was a little kid...not pretend to be old, but he was an excellent mime. I recall one time he took a short length of rope and a metal lunch box and did a whole routine on how heavy and difficult it was to pull the empty box across the living room floor. Never said a word, and I was practically on the floor laughing!!!

Today looks like a good day to trim a few shrubs, go to the gym, or a few other chores that come with Monday.

Ed, do we need to mark this day with a celebration of 'No Laundry Day'??? Wish I could say the same, but I know I have a dark load to wash and dry. (gym clothes keep my washer busy) Or put another way, if I had a 'Laundry hat', by now it would be frayed and worn!!!

Roger, I think I'm a pretty adventurous eater. Don't mind trying new things...like the plantains, pb&j w onions, I've eaten bear and moose or elk, forget which, eel, octopus, a few chocolate ants, grasshoppers, etc. Uni, which is sea urchin and also shrimp heads fried at a sushi bar. But right now I'm trying ever so hard not to eat fat in general, and specifically not saturated fat. So, adding fat in peanuts to fat in mayo (vegan of course) is just not in my best interest. :) Those were 'Hard Times' sandwiches as I recall, and I'll bet if I was out of food or money, (or both, God forbid), I'd be right there thankfully eating my Mayo & PBJ!!! LOL!!

It looks so clear and clean outside from my window, so I checked my phone, its 10 a.m and 80 degrees. Looks can be deceiving!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    And...dinner is started. Most of it anyway, though I may steam (or even fry! GASP) some yellow squash and/or zucchini to go with it.

xy6nb3mq8wls.png

vfw1rcg0xsh9.png
  • parityanimal
    Update: Had a friend over to dinner. The pot roast came out delicious, as did all the vegetables. For an additional side I did steam some zucchini and yellow squash, and tossed it in a light butter sauce with a little salt and pepper.

My friend also took a plate with him to be his lunch tomorrow at work.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited August 2018
    qlatWb.gif
    Oops

LlMUsC.jpg

5yG0am.jpg

N5U9WD.jpg

HbukfW.jpg

QvCuCk.jpg

kS1oyh.jpg

VYfEac.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and once again no cents. The Temperature out the door was 78 degrees and still uncomfortable walking due to humidity.
    Last night at 10PM it was 88 degrees and the temperature never dropped that much IMO.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/fpl-implosion-shakes-up-people-on-jacksonvilles-northside-saturday-morning
    Explosions at Jacksonville FPL Cedar Bay Plant cause shockwaves

https://www.news4jax.com/news/national/44-people-shot-5-fatally-in-chicago-on-sunday
    44 people shot, 5 fatally, in Chicago on Sunday
    Some victims were targeted, police say

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sandboarding-at-great-sand-dunes-national-park/
    Sandboarding: Hitting slopes of sand
    These dunes are part of Colorado's Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/08/04/wells-fargo-says-hundreds-of-customers-lost-homes-because-of-computer-glitch/
    Wells Fargo Says Hundreds Of Customers Lost Homes Because Of Computer Glitch

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2018/08/01/feeling-heat-flight-attendants-carry-thermometers-fight-high-cabin-temperatures
    Feeling the heat: Flight attendants to carry thermometers in fight against high cabin temperatures

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 75 with an expected high of 92 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Today is the first day of school so that alters the traffic patterns for a while.

The laundry room has NO LAUNDRY IN IT. After finishing the washing and drying yesterday, everything is folded and put away. I'm actually all caught up on laundry for a change.

J is safely in Kentucky at his sister's house.

I need to feed the cats and clean yesterday's cat bowls and get that pot roast into the slow cooker by 10:00 to 10:30 or so, along with some carrots, potato(es) and an onion. I generally don't put celery in with mine as I can take it or leave it, but would just as soon leave it, and usually don't have any on hand anyway. If I did have any on hand, I'd probably put it in just to use it up.

Lilo is getting antsy so it must be about time to feed the cats. At 15+ she's definitely the queen of the household.
    Hi Ed
    Wow, to me that is a really early start for the school year.
    OK. I like tuna. I like waffles. But I don't mix the two and this doesn't look at all appetizing to me. Having said that, I could see myself putting this (maybe) on toast or noodles.
    IT did not even look like something I would try, OTOH I am not a fan of canned Tuna, To me it has a unpleasant smell.
    Yuckiest recipe yet?
    I think I will pass on watching that one.
    Update: Had a friend over to dinner. The pot roast came out delicious, as did all the vegetables. For an additional side I did steam some zucchini and yellow squash, and tossed it in a light butter sauce with a little salt and pepper.

My friend also took a plate with him to be his lunch tomorrow at work.
    I always liked those summer squash fried crispy with a touch of salt.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Guys!!
    Enjoying my coffee...watched the kids with the 'old peoples' snacks!! The little Asian girl and her rendition of old people walking was hilarious! As funny as O years ago when she grabbed a throw I'd knitted, hopped into the rocking chair and pretended to be cold and talked like a frail old person. She had me laughing til my sides hurt. Ted used to do that when he was a little kid...not pretend to be old, but he was an excellent mime. I recall one time he took a short length of rope and a metal lunch box and did a whole routine on how heavy and difficult it was to pull the empty box across the living room floor. Never said a word, and I was practically on the floor laughing!!!

Today looks like a good day to trim a few shrubs, go to the gym, or a few other chores that come with Monday.

Ed, do we need to mark this day with a celebration of 'No Laundry Day'??? Wish I could say the same, but I know I have a dark load to wash and dry. (gym clothes keep my washer busy) Or put another way, if I had a 'Laundry hat', by now it would be frayed and worn!!!
    Hi Valerie
    That sounds like really funny and creative humor.

We picked up a new bypass clipper that really slices through branches when trimming and it works better than than the name brand we bought last year.

Laundry is not my favorite chore...
    Roger, I think I'm a pretty adventurous eater. Don't mind trying new things...like the plantains, pb&j w onions, I've eaten bear and moose or elk, forget which, eel, octopus, a few chocolate ants, grasshoppers, etc. Uni, which is sea urchin and also shrimp heads fried at a sushi bar. But right now I'm trying ever so hard not to eat fat in general, and specifically not saturated fat. So, adding fat in peanuts to fat in mayo (vegan of course) is just not in my best interest. :) Those were 'Hard Times' sandwiches as I recall, and I'll bet if I was out of food or money, (or both, God forbid), I'd be right there thankfully eating my Mayo & PBJ!!! LOL!!

It looks so clear and clean outside from my window, so I checked my phone, its 10 a.m and 80 degrees. Looks can be deceiving!

Later...
    You are much more of an adventurous eater than I. Many of the foods You mention are things I have never eaten. I have had fried Plantains.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Not so terrific for my uncle F. Found out via phone call last night, from Mom, that cousin M killed himself Friday.

By the time Mom found out, she and aunt J (her sister) didn't really have time to get down here to Douglasville for the visitation and funeral TODAY, so she won't be there to comfort F, their brother.

I'm not even sure that my uncle will be at the funeral as they've elected to NOT TELL his somewhat senile wife, my aunt, about this, as she was threatening suicide ten years ago when their second son died. Losing a third of their four children could well push her over the edge.

I expect that at least their one surviving son will be there anyway and uncle F may be able to get away from aunt R for a day or two, on some pretext. He'd have had a long drive too, so would have had to drive down last night.

At any rate, Mom asked me to represent the family. Everyone else is too far away to get there, except one younger brother, J, who is at McDonough and he may not be able to get the day off on such short notice.

Heading out shortly.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Quinoa and Ratatouille stuffed peppers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ID-i8h7qE
  • parityanimal
    Someone's picks for the top ten soups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1W7dLL2f9M
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited August 2018
    Ok,
    Gym, late, but done √
    laundry all put away √
    Costco to pick up scripts √
    Kroger for just a very few groceries..($37.00) √
    Chat with Jack√
    And that was my day..
    I read the tuna on waffle of Emmy's. And read you alls comments...LOL!!! Long ago and far away the St. Louis newspaper sponsored a recipe challenge for kids out of school for the summer, And guess what I submitted, and was published...Tuna Melt or some such name...only I didn't have waffles...suggested it be put on toast. Now, that said I know I used a can of tuna...but way back then a 'standard' can of tuna was 5 or 6 ounces, unlike the smaller cans of today...that may have made a difference...also mine did not have olives...Hey! I was about 10 or 11 years old...and at that time olives were evil!!!
    I, with my early palate I thought the tuna stuff was delicious. Maybe cuz I made it???
    So, I'm a culinary recipe author, and was published again several years ago...when a web site I followed about gardening, was asked how to kill cat tails in a pond or lake...now that is a problem, can't use herbicides, etc. so I dropped the lady a line telling her to pull and eat them...and she published my suggestion, even my advice on how to cook and eat them, but I was not by named..
    Goofy I know...

Roger I think all my pruners, loppers, etc are by-pass. I had one anvil type and quickly parted company with it.. :)

Ed, sorry to hear about your cousin. Suicide is never a good thing for anybody, the living or the dead. From P'Tree Corners to Douglasville..quite a long jaunt I'm thinking??? Glad you could go to represent the family. I'm sure your Mom appreciated you doing that.. Hope she fixes you something special to eat next time you drive home.

Later....(its already 10p.m...don't want to turn into a pumpkin!! )

Oh, I can't imagine what vegetarian ham would look or taste like...yuck...and for the record, I don't necessarily like doing laundry, but I to appreciate clean clothes...so gotta do it!!
  • RogerToo
    cXx38J.gif

3DYH2H.jpg

FRpo21.jpg

WOHeas.jpg

l78Bw7.jpg

ctiaSq.jpg

vD8Z8D.jpg

jIijhw.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and still have not found any money :( The Temperature out the door was 74 degrees and once again it was uncomfortable walking due to humidity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-restricts-fitness-trackers-other-devices-150056860--politics.html
    Pentagon restricts use of fitness trackers, other devices

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/05/social-media-regressing-children-mentality-three-year-olds-says/
    Social media is making children regress to mentality of three-year-olds, says top brain scientist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/relationships/put-phone-growing-backlash-calling-terrible-tech-manners/
    Put your phone down! How a growing backlash is calling out our terrible tech manners

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/business/bankruptcy-older-americans.html
    ‘Too Little Too Late’: Bankruptcy Booms Among Older American

https://www.sfgate.com/lifestyle/article/Lyme-disease-is-now-in-all-50-states-13133495.php
    Lyme disease now found in all 50 states
    Wonderfull :(

https://www.sfgate.com/dearabby/article/Dear-Abby-Loyal-worker-is-out-of-a-job-after-13132203.php
    Dear Abby: Loyal worker is out of a job after knee replacements

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/08/04/frustrated-north-philadelphia-residents-repair-potholes-in-neighborhood/
    Frustrated North Philadelphia Residents Repair Potholes In Neighborhood

https://nypost.com/2018/08/05/intense-humidity-is-turning-nyc-into-a-swampy-hellscape/
    Intense humidity is turning NYC into a swampy hellscape

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Not so terrific for my uncle F. Found out via phone call last night, from Mom, that cousin M killed himself Friday.

By the time Mom found out, she and aunt J (her sister) didn't really have time to get down here to Douglasville for the visitation and funeral TODAY, so she won't be there to comfort F, their brother.

I'm not even sure that my uncle will be at the funeral as they've elected to NOT TELL his somewhat senile wife, my aunt, about this, as she was threatening suicide ten years ago when their second son died. Losing a third of their four children could well push her over the edge.

I expect that at least their one surviving son will be there anyway and uncle F may be able to get away from aunt R for a day or two, on some pretext. He'd have had a long drive too, so would have had to drive down last night.

At any rate, Mom asked me to represent the family. Everyone else is too far away to get there, except one younger brother, J, who is at McDonough and he may not be able to get the day off on such short notice.

Heading out shortly.
    Hi Ed
    I'll be brief. Losing a child is tough on mothers.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I hate death and funerals, I am never sure what to say...

Good Luck getting through this.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ok,
    Gym, late, but done √
    laundry all put away √
    Costco to pick up scripts √
    Kroger for just a very few groceries..($37.00) √
    Chat with Jack√
    And that was my day..
    I read the tuna on waffle of Emmy's. And read you alls comments...LOL!!! Long ago and far away the St. Louis newspaper sponsored a recipe challenge for kids out of school for the summer, And guess what I submitted, and was published...Tuna Melt or some such name...only I didn't have waffles...suggested it be put on toast. Now, that said I know I used a can of tuna...but way back then a 'standard' can of tuna was 5 or 6 ounces, unlike the smaller cans of today...that may have made a difference...also mine did not have olives...Hey! I was about 10 or 11 years old...and at that time olives were evil!!!
    I, with my early palate I thought the tuna stuff was delicious. Maybe cuz I made it???
    So, I'm a culinary recipe author, and was published again several years ago...when a web site I followed about gardening, was asked how to kill cat tails in a pond or lake...now that is a problem, can't use herbicides, etc. so I dropped the lady a line telling her to pull and eat them...and she published my suggestion, even my advice on how to cook and eat them, but I was not by named..
    Goofy I know...
    Hi Valerie
    That is a busy sounding day as I see it.

Palates change, I used to like Tuna Casserole and now to me the canned tuna stinks. That is a bit of a problem as my brother eats a lot canned tuna :wink:

I sort of like the look of Cat Tails growing...
    Published recipe :)
    Roger I think all my pruners, loppers, etc are by-pass. I had one anvil type and quickly parted company with it.. :)

Ed, sorry to hear about your cousin. Suicide is never a good thing for anybody, the living or the dead. From P'Tree Corners to Douglasville..quite a long jaunt I'm thinking??? Glad you could go to represent the family. I'm sure your Mom appreciated you doing that.. Hope she fixes you something special to eat next time you drive home.

Later....(its already 10p.m...don't want to turn into a pumpkin!! )

Oh, I can't imagine what vegetarian ham would look or taste like...yuck...and for the record, I don't necessarily like doing laundry, but I to appreciate clean clothes...so gotta do it!!
    I have to wonder why they even make and sell Anvil pruners, Cheaper to make maybe ?

I suspect that a vegetarian Ham could be made to look OK, Think Tofurkey :smiley:
    Taste I'm not sure how it would taste.

Have a Good Day
    Roger