Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 71 with an expected high of 91 and 20% chance of precipitation. In other words, a normal August day here for this year.

Breakfast this morning (no pictures-I was hungry and ate it up quickly) was comfort food. Two eggs, sunny side up. One slice of toast (from my home made bread), buttered and using up the last of the berry preserves in the fridge, and some crispy cooked bacon ends and pieces. Valerie, I'm considering that to be "your" slice. It was delicious! LOL.

As I just opened the bacon this morning, there is lots of it left for future use as bacon or as seasoning meat in beans or whatnot.

I like the cost of the ends and pieces but since it's not packaged up in nice, evenly arranged, slices, it can be a bit awkward getting it out of the package, and the thickness of the pieces isn't terribly consistent either. Still, it tastes just fine, albeit a bit salty, but most bacon is a bit salty.

Oliver was out most of the day yesterday, mingling, though the other cats still want nothing to do with him. They'll come around, I'm sure. We hear hissing whenever he gets too close to one of them. For the moment I put him back into "his" bathroom, where he spent the night as we didn't want to sleep in an armed camp last night. Perhaps on Friday night we'll take that step. He has discovered the kitchen counters so I have to check on breakables that he might decide to knock over or even off.

He's been out some this morning already but right now all the felines are feeding. Oliver, in the safety of his room, and the other three in the master bathroom where they always have their food bowls. I need to find a place in there for Oliver's food bowl too, as he's likely moving out of the hall bathroom as of Friday night.

Need to clean up yesterdays cat bowls and then await my package with my mail order (UPS actually) prescription.

Once again the endocrinologist's office called that scrip in to Walgreen's instead of CVS/Caremark mail order and then, when Walgreen's was in the process of filling it and told me they only had a partial order ready for pickup, insisted that she had (presumably personally?) faxed it to CVS/Caremark and was confused about how that one could possibly have been sent to Walgreen's. I am not angry about the mistake, but I am a little *KITTEN* off that she wouldn't own up to it either time she made this mistake. How about just, "Oh, I'm sorry, I must have sent it to the wrong pharmacy. Let me take care of that." instead of "I'm confused. I sent it to the right place!" when that is patently untrue.

I, of course, called Walgreen's and cancelled the order entirely and, since the dingbat at the doctor's office can't seem to get this right, I'm hoping that I will be able to (as done this time) request the refill directly through CVS/Caremark, to make sure it's at the right pharmacy, even when they need a new prescription...sigh.

Still, I always tell her how much I appreciate the time she spends for me at the doctor's office, gritting my teeth as I do, and really wanting to talk to the Doctor and tell him he needs to replace her with someone a bit more competent who will actually take responsibility for her own mistakes. Having been a "boss" I do know how difficult it can be to get a staff who are all really good fits for the job requirements.

Oliver is crying to get out of the bathroom now. I guess I'll let him back out and hope for the best.
    Hi Ed
    I have not scored any Bacon Ends and Pieces ate the Grocery store when I look in the Bin where Discounted End Cuts are placed, I have not looked but since that is done from the Deli Counter it is my Guess that they do not do custom Bacon Cuts there so....

The person at the endocrinologist's office is not that unusual in saying I did it right and not owning up to the mistake any more. Sadly that seems to be par for what is available these days. Taking responsibility is not a part of the curriculum in schools. The Universities seem to be more interested in Safe Spaces, and bashing of many of what were core values in the past.

Good Luck with Oliver.
    Speaking of tasty breakfasts...some tasty breakfast recipes.
    I have this one set up to watch shortly, Maybe While I eat my bowl of Grape Nuts for breakfast :smiley:
    I don't know if Portuguese chicken has become "the thing to eat" or not in Montreal, but since I'm not likely to be there any time soon, I guess I'll have to find another source (or make it myself) if I want to eat it.
    That did not look tasty to me, I have conservative taste buds.
    The REAL reason steak houses are disappearing. Or is it? Haven't watched yet, but maybe everyone has figured out that spending $60 for a $15 steak is not really very cost effective and cooking a steak at home is really not difficult?
    Back years ago when I used to go to see plays on Broadway one of the places I walked past was a type of Steak House that had the sides of beef hanging in the window while they were aged. I doubt that it is easy to get well aged beef in most places except that sort of establishment ?
    One of my brothers posted this one on facebook. I find it difficult to believe that they could fit that many dollars worth of ramen noodles into a single, 53 foot trailer...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/15/georgia-police-investigating-100-000-ramen-noodle-heist/1005497002/
    In many cases the limiting factor to what can loaded into a trailer is weight that was likely a 53 foot trailer stacked to the ceiling and since it was a long trailer it likely was also a 13.6 foot high trailer.
    Roger, I'm sure you could make a tastier home made mac and cheese. You just need to learn how! Might try browsing the internet for techniques and recipes. :)
    When I try it from the stove or via the oven the grated cheese just does not look right. Since I have easy taste buds the commercial fills the void and having been brought up with Kraft Dinner I like it too :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey, hey,hey!!
    Its not even noon!!
    Sorry Roger, R Thomas, is a local 24 hour restaurant in midtown ATL...right on Peachtree St! ..literally only a sidewalk from table to street. Makes for some interesting watching as you eat. (Ted got a veg. burger that's house made, and a side of their cottage potatoes...(i've eaten the burger, and it's good!) He made up for lack of veggies for this vegetarian by getting a glass of just pressed carrot, apple &______., juice. Have had that too..delicious.
    The indoor, (enclosed patio) decor is pure 60's!! They also have animal flesh for those who eat it. Marietta was always afraid she'd get something that was 'like' chicken, but wasn't!!! Will have to give the wait staff credit...for every answer they were assuring her that what she ordered would be 'real chicken' not fake stuff they maintained their composure and were all out patience!!!

I want to go back and watch that 10 vegan "meat dishes"...what I did see looked good!

Also Ed said it...squirrel is good as chicken...and its free if you catch one of the little rats.

This is going to make Roger mad...sorry Roger but I think its important. Yesterday's outrage of removing Security Clearance from a former CIA head....was just too much. Just cuz you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. And I will go to the store after gym and a stretch class I signed up for??? (what was I thinking??)...I will go to Publix and pick up a copy of the Atlanta newspaper to see if they have also followed the 360+ editorial pages across the nation in defense of the 4th Estate.

That is all...
    Hi valerie
    Thank You for the Clarification on R Thomas.

Why Would You feeling it was an outrage bother me. I am a independent who likes to think for himself and check all of the facts.

This is something, but I wonder why a person keeps the security clearance when they leave a position ?

I tune out a fair portion of the news since the relentless bashing gets old, Yesterday for once the Aretha Franklin news section was longer than the Trump bashing. Some of that is strange, Picking on him for what he eats ? I think of that as a useless news item. I refer to things like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCqFK_CsSaA
    Donald Trump ONLY Eats Fast Food - CNN Breaking News
    From 2017
    This meme was on GreenMed's newsletter today...I cannot get the pix to load here so what it said was

"Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pic dew-wet red berries in a cup."

I immediately thought of Roger picking berries after his early morning walk!! So I'm doubly sorry about those berry eating tree rats...Yep, need to eat a few of the tree rats, wonder, Will They Taste Like Stollen raspberries???

Later...
    If You trap a critter in NJ You get in trouble for killing.
    https://www.nytimes.com/1994/08/04/nyregion/man-faces-charges-after-killing-a-rat.html
    Man Faces Charges After Killing a Rat

https://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/73-general-comments-information/92629-nj-wife-turns-husband-trapping-drowning-squirrels.html
    A New Jersey man has been charged with animal cruelty and fined $2,500 after he was turned in for trapping and drowning squirrels he claims were destroying his property. But here's the kicker: he was turned in by his wife, who apparently got fed up with her husband's ongoing squirrel war.

Not worth the trouble
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 77 with a slightly cooler high of 88 expected and 20% chance of precipitation.

Been up for a while now but distracted by this and that. Cats have all been fed. Yesterday's cat bowls are all cleaned up. And spent some time moving Oliver out of solitary into general population, sweeping the hall bathroom, and returning it to its normal state (actually slightly cleaner than normal, because the housekeeper is kind of lazy - I need to get on him about that!) with bath rugs back on the floor.

The toys he had in there are on the sofa. His round hidey hole has been placed next to the bed, right by where J sleeps. His food bowl has been moved to the master bathroom, somewhat apart from the others for now, so he won't feel insecure eating from it, and his litter box placed next to the other one in the master bathroom. His food bowl may well just stay where I placed it as there really isn't a great spot all that close to the other three anyway, though I do have a spot or two in mind, if I decide to move it.

The kitty bed that he, of course, didn't use, is in the master bedroom near the foot of the bed. Had I known J was going to buy him a bed I would have suggested not bothering as we already had enough, and he could have claimed one once he got here (or we could have put one in there with him) but he bought it and so there it is. He did use the hidey hole, which was a smaller, more secure feeling, space. That is why it's closer to where J sleeps.

The hall bathroom while he lived in there:

x1lsykdh5giu.png

and now, back to normal (ok...cleaner than normal...)

1vdnu68k6hd8.png
  • parityanimal
    I've successfully lost some of the gained weight that the doctor was griping about. But then I missed the last pool party too. LOL. Those are difficult to get through without going nuts on all the goodies.

I have been studiously working on eating less, and eating simpler foods. Surprisingly, even though I'm eating some of the bread I baked, every day, because I don't want it to go moldy before I finish it, it hasn't really been spiking my blood glucose. Maybe changing my cinnamon capsule to 20 minutes or so before I eat makes a real difference, or maybe moving my 2x dose of metformin from dinner to breakfast, or possibly a bit of both. I was taking one tablet with breakfast, one with lunch, and usually 2 with dinner, to make my 4 per day, but recently decided that since I tend to have higher glucose in the morning anyway, perhaps having the 2 should be with breakfast. I'll continue that, and having the cinnamon a bit before the meal (rather than with the meal) as it seems to be working and if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it. Of course now that I've said this works, it will probably stop working. Diabetes is funny that way. Haha... but it's true. You think you got it down pat and it still sometimes just seems to decide to be ornery.

Of course making the housekeeper work so much over the weekend might have something to do with that weight loss too, as well as the better glucose readings of the last few days. Housework/cleaning doesn't seem like all that much work but it does still burn calories.

• parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Roger, I'm sure you could make a tastier home made mac and cheese. You just need to learn how! Might try browsing the internet for techniques and recipes. :)
    When I try it from the stove or via the oven the grated cheese just does not look right. Since I have easy taste buds the commercial fills the void and having been brought up with Kraft Dinner I like it too :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Out of curiosity, are you using pre-grated cheese or are you grating your own from a block? The pre-grated cheese is fine for toppings or salads, but not so good for sauces, as it has added ingredients that keep it from caking up in the bag.

For mac and cheese, grating one's own cheese from a block usually works much better. To be fair, I sometimes use pre-grated for a small part of my cheese sauce but most of it is small diced chunks from the block.

I may add a handful of pre-grated sharp Cheddar for additional flavor.

If baking, I have to be sure the sauce is not too thick when starting, and it will look WAY too soupy, but the baking process takes care of that nicely. If not baking, then I get it almost as thick as I want, but still a bit soupy, as, just like the Kraft box, it will thicken some on standing.

Speaking of the box...I must admit that I still love the box, with the ubiquitous day-glo orange cheese powder in a packet, though even the Kraft does not really taste, to me, like cheese. It tastes somewhat like cheese, and has a flavor that I sometimes just crave, even though it was almost never on the table when I was growing up, as my mother generally made it from scratch.

And now, of course, they have all the different shaped pasta choices, and the additional flavors of cheese, like white Cheddar, 3 cheese, and all that. I've tried them all I think and all were acceptable but I tend to go back to the original day-glo orange powder, with elbow macaroni, that started it all, as it's the one I crave once in a while.

The DELUXE box, that has the pre-made cheese sauce packet, is somewhat closer to being really cheesy, but it's not the one that I crave, though I may get it when it's on sale and have it in a pinch too.
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Hot dog gadgets put to the test.

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlpjSEtELs

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubXNtSVKSiA&t=16s

Part 3?:

(don't ask me how 8 became 5...I haven't watched any of these yet. LOL.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwMeD6pf5-c
  • parityanimal
    Is steak tartare safe to eat? Well, here's an opinion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYFHOoVHYw
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Reading posts, watching video's and oh, yeah, the news is on.
    Ed, glad you posted the report on my bacon slice!! I'll bet it was good...thanks for the help.........

ROger the news is in a twisted manner hilarious. You just have to just remember they're all thieves and liars! Pointing fingers, and seeing who can pull the wool over either the other, or the public.

I watched everything including the steak tartare! Never ate that. My little brother LOVED raw hamburger, which he would steal when Mom was defrosting hamburger on the kitchen counter.(Which at the time was perfectly OK..and it was our own beef we'd raised)...Mom couldn't stand the thought of raw meat, so there were always 'words'. I loved a really good rare steak, but no, , just no!!

Soon as the news is over, I'm out the door to mow the lawn...we have many days of 70% rain approaching thru the coming week. Ted was going to come out, but there's no real need. Its only the garage side, and the little bit of lawn that's left on the kitchen side... (yes, my yard is mostly flower gardens) I've never been a fan of grass. :)

Gym today, and a few small chores, so I'll feel better having done the grass!
    Yesterday at the gym, I took a stretching class...it was interesting, some of it obviously needed, etc. I have to say I woke this morning feeling GREAT!! They do these classes twice a week, and I'm signed up for both days! I mean, I know how to stretch my hamstrings, triceps, shoulders, etc...but this is a whole new thing...starting with your neck, and working all the way down to your feet. The rotator cuff was the most difficult...that will take some work, but all in all I was totally amazed!

Glad to know that Oliver is out of his confinement, and hope his feline family decides he's a keeper!! Tom E. walks infront of me and between my feet, etc hard not to step on him or fall...I can hardly imagine trying to walk thru a room of 4 cats! LOL!!! I'd need a walker, and cats beware of you tails!!!

Can't even kill a rat in NJ !?!?!? What he heck? I thought GA was bad..yikes! Do they allow you to fish? (jk) If you eat the squirrel what's the difference? Fish - squirrel??? Deer...???

Ok, news over...gotta go.

Later...

• parityanimal
    Tonight's California vegetables, Basmati rice, cheese casserole. J had a fairly large serving and I had a fairly small serving because CARBS. Leftovers may be his lunch tomorrow.

dtol5nsrcfqi.png

824v5lcvx1am.png
  • RogerToo
    F6Macs.jpg

X4OJkA.jpg

REgB09.jpg
    Shovel ready job - seems tool is included

jHAcS6.jpg

GPw2N5.jpg
    Score - Decorator 1, Builder 0 -- The Chimney View

oCS1y7.jpg

GaJ78g.jpg

jNeR7m.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and uncomfortable while walking due to humidity IMO.
    There was a light show out the living room window yesterday evening with Thunder and rain as an accompaniment. Then I suspect the Loud thunder that returned in the night woke me up and there was a couple of really loud Thunderclaps after I was awakened.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/08/15/chicago-straw-company-thrives-despite-anti-straw-movement/
    Chicago Straw Company Thrives, Despite Anti-Straw Movement

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/san-francisco-earthquake--why-the-city-is-not-prepared.html
    As San Francisco grows, so does the earthquake risk — here's why the city is not ready for the next Big One

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hackers-steal-10m-cash-machines-113407064.html
    Hackers steal £10m from cash machines in global heist

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2018/08/16/cheap-and-sleek-manufactured-housing-is-primed-for-a-comeback#gs.kvihbu8
    A New Home for $90,000? Manufactured Housing Is Making a Comeback

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/15/newark-school-installs-laundromat-in-attempt-to-wash-away-the-vicious-cycle-of-bullying/
    Newark NJ School Installs Laundromat In Attempt To Wash Away The Vicious Cycle Of Bullying
    Some Students At West Side High School Were Being Picked On Because They Didn't Have Clean Clothes, So The Principal Stepped In

https://www.thedailybeast.com/suicidal-vet-calls-mdma-treatment-a-miracle
    Suicidal Vet Calls MDMA Treatment ‘a Miracle’
    He suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after the Iraq War. Thanks to MDMA, Jonathan Lubecky finally feels like he’s recovering.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-care-news/articles/2018-08-16/poll-stress-about-money-relationships-keeps-americans-up-at-night
    Stress Is Keeping Americans Up at Night

A new survey found that millennials lose sleep over relationships, while younger baby boomers toss and turn because of money.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 77 with a slightly cooler high of 88 expected and 20% chance of precipitation.

Been up for a while now but distracted by this and that. Cats have all been fed. Yesterday's cat bowls are all cleaned up. And spent some time moving Oliver out of solitary into general population, sweeping the hall bathroom, and returning it to its normal state (actually slightly cleaner than normal, because the housekeeper is kind of lazy - I need to get on him about that!) with bath rugs back on the floor.

The toys he had in there are on the sofa. His round hidey hole has been placed next to the bed, right by where J sleeps. His food bowl has been moved to the master bathroom, somewhat apart from the others for now, so he won't feel insecure eating from it, and his litter box placed next to the other one in the master bathroom. His food bowl may well just stay where I placed it as there really isn't a great spot all that close to the other three anyway, though I do have a spot or two in mind, if I decide to move it.

The kitty bed that he, of course, didn't use, is in the master bedroom near the foot of the bed. Had I known J was going to buy him a bed I would have suggested not bothering as we already had enough, and he could have claimed one once he got here (or we could have put one in there with him) but he bought it and so there it is. He did use the hidey hole, which was a smaller, more secure feeling, space. That is why it's closer to where J sleeps.

The hall bathroom while he lived in there:
    and now, back to normal (ok...cleaner than normal...)
    Hi Ed
    That sounds like our temperatures for Friday :)
    100% chance of rain as it spritzed, Technical term, in the afternoon then a heavier rain in the evening. The 10 O-Clock weather showed 0.6 inches nearby and then more fell overnight, After the Thunder probably woke me up I could hear large drops hitting the window AC.

In My case I do not call it lazy, I call it creative time management :blush:
    I've successfully lost some of the gained weight that the doctor was griping about. But then I missed the last pool party too. LOL. Those are difficult to get through without going nuts on all the goodies.

I have been studiously working on eating less, and eating simpler foods. Surprisingly, even though I'm eating some of the bread I baked, every day, because I don't want it to go moldy before I finish it, it hasn't really been spiking my blood glucose. Maybe changing my cinnamon capsule to 20 minutes or so before I eat makes a real difference, or maybe moving my 2x dose of metformin from dinner to breakfast, or possibly a bit of both. I was taking one tablet with breakfast, one with lunch, and usually 2 with dinner, to make my 4 per day, but recently decided that since I tend to have higher glucose in the morning anyway, perhaps having the 2 should be with breakfast. I'll continue that, and having the cinnamon a bit before the meal (rather than with the meal) as it seems to be working and if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it. Of course now that I've said this works, it will probably stop working. Diabetes is funny that way. Haha... but it's true. You think you got it down pat and it still sometimes just seems to decide to be ornery.

Of course making the housekeeper work so much over the weekend might have something to do with that weight loss too, as well as the better glucose readings of the last few days. Housework/cleaning doesn't seem like all that much work but it does still burn calories.
    If I said both my Brother and I have issues with eating out...
    The Meeting with friends at the Chinese Buffet did not go well dietwise :(
    What also gets both of us are his once a month meetings that serve either a cold lunch or a hot lunch. He tends to bring home leftovers from that. Sometimes they are moderately healthy such as a Cold Salad, usually, OK, more likely they will include foods such as some sort of breaded chicken, Mac & Cheese, Baked Ziti and more. Example the last one was a cold lunch and he brought back a loaf of whole wheat at 135 calories a slice, Macaroni Salad and Potato Salad, A complete bag of Rippled Potato Chips etc.

If it ain't broke don't fix it works for me too.
    RogerToo wrote: »

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Out of curiosity, are you using pre-grated cheese or are you grating your own from a block? The pre-grated cheese is fine for toppings or salads, but not so good for sauces, as it has added ingredients that keep it from caking up in the bag.

For mac and cheese, grating one's own cheese from a block usually works much better. To be fair, I sometimes use pre-grated for a small part of my cheese sauce but most of it is small diced chunks from the block.

I may add a handful of pre-grated sharp Cheddar for additional flavor.

If baking, I have to be sure the sauce is not too thick when starting, and it will look WAY too soupy, but the baking process takes care of that nicely. If not baking, then I get it almost as thick as I want, but still a bit soupy, as, just like the Kraft box, it will thicken some on standing.

Speaking of the box...I must admit that I still love the box, with the ubiquitous day-glo orange cheese powder in a packet, though even the Kraft does not really taste, to me, like cheese. It tastes somewhat like cheese, and has a flavor that I sometimes just crave, even though it was almost never on the table when I was growing up, as my mother generally made it from scratch.

And now, of course, they have all the different shaped pasta choices, and the additional flavors of cheese, like white Cheddar, 3 cheese, and all that. I've tried them all I think and all were acceptable but I tend to go back to the original day-glo orange powder, with elbow macaroni, that started it all, as it's the one I crave once in a while.

The DELUXE box, that has the pre-made cheese sauce packet, is somewhat closer to being really cheesy, but it's not the one that I crave, though I may get it when it's on sale and have it in a pinch too.

OK, I think You hit the nail on the head with that comment. I buy the Pre Shredded cheese and use it, that could easily explain the funny results.
    Sometimes I have tried it by boiling the Pasta, Throwing in the Shredded cheese after draining while still hot and some butter, Your comment explains why the cheese looks like it is not melting onto the pasta. I never really cared for the Kraft Deluxe version either, hmm... I wonder if Velveeta would work good, it melts easily. The one with the orange packet is just better, I do drain the Pasta real good, then add butter followed by the cheese packet and stir.
    FWIW the Dollar Tree has that one for, Surprise, $1 :wink:
    Frying pan soup dumpling?
    The Dumplings look OK, I do like them somewhat browned in a skillet or in Wonton Soup, They simply do not like my waistline :(
    Is steak tartare safe to eat? Well, here's an opinion...
    I do see professional chefs eat it, so I am going with safe. Since they will not eat undercooked chicken.
    Are you ready for pork tartare?
    https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/are-you-ready-for-pork-tartare/article_5172f264-0520-5793-96e7-06ee10d5dc45.html
    Tonight's California vegetables, Basmati rice, cheese casserole. J had a fairly large serving and I had a fairly small serving because CARBS. Leftovers may be his lunch tomorrow.
    Rice in any form, I love it however the High carb content is a problem as You say.
    That Rice dish looked so good, I do not know how You did not gobble it all up or at least more of it :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Reading posts, watching video's and oh, yeah, the news is on.
    Ed, glad you posted the report on my bacon slice!! I'll bet it was good...thanks for the help.........

Roger the news is in a twisted manner hilarious. You just have to just remember they're all thieves and liars! Pointing fingers, and seeing who can pull the wool over either the other, or the public.
    Hi Valerie
    I guess I just get so tired of onesided reporting since I remember when the news covered both sides fairly, No more :( I wonder if they have ever realized that they are why and how Trump got elected ?

I feel like it is a impossible task trying to find a honest politician in most cases, They will say and do anything to get elected and then do what they want.
    I watched everything including the steak tartare! Never ate that. My little brother LOVED raw hamburger, which he would steal when Mom was defrosting hamburger on the kitchen counter.(Which at the time was perfectly OK..and it was our own beef we'd raised)...Mom couldn't stand the thought of raw meat, so there were always 'words'. I loved a really good rare steak, but no, , just no!!

Soon as the news is over, I'm out the door to mow the lawn...we have many days of 70% rain approaching thru the coming week. Ted was going to come out, but there's no real need. Its only the garage side, and the little bit of lawn that's left on the kitchen side... (yes, my yard is mostly flower gardens) I've never been a fan of grass. :)

Gym today, and a few small chores, so I'll feel better having done the grass!
    Yesterday at the gym, I took a stretching class...it was interesting, some of it obviously needed, etc. I have to say I woke this morning feeling GREAT!! They do these classes twice a week, and I'm signed up for both days! I mean, I know how to stretch my hamstrings, triceps, shoulders, etc...but this is a whole new thing...starting with your neck, and working all the way down to your feet. The rotator cuff was the most difficult...that will take some work, but all in all I was totally amazed!

Glad to know that Oliver is out of his confinement, and hope his feline family decides he's a keeper!! Tom E. walks infront of me and between my feet, etc hard not to step on him or fall...I can hardly imagine trying to walk thru a room of 4 cats! LOL!!! I'd need a walker, and cats beware of you tails!!!

Can't even kill a rat in NJ !?!?!? What he heck? I thought GA was bad..yikes! Do they allow you to fish? (jk) If you eat the squirrel what's the difference? Fish - squirrel??? Deer...???

Ok, news over...gotta go.

Later...
    I have seen family members that got upset if a hamburger spent more than 20 seconds per side on the BBQ Grill, Why bother at all IMO. Not a fan of Raw meat, I want my burgers well done, I do not like the taste or texture when the burger is red on the inside.

Glad to hear that the Stretching class is helping.

I would have a problem staying upright with one cat or dog wandering around my feet TBH.

You can fish and hunt, We have freshwater and saltwater fishing here in NJ. People do hunt for Deer, No near here in town however and here is where I wish they could be hunted. The Also have done black bear hunts.
    https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/bearseason_info.htm
    New Jersey's Black Bear Hunting Season

2018 Season Information Will Be Available In August

All hunters are reminded to observe the 450-foot "Safety Zone" distance around buildings and playgrounds when firearm hunting and the 150-foot distance when bow hunting.

The New Jersey black bear hunting season has been held concurrently with the Six-day Firearm Deer Season since 2010. Beginning in 2016 there are two segments to the bear season: Segment A in October, with the first three days for archery only; the final three days for both archery and muzzleloading rifle hunters. Segment B is for firearms only and is held concurrently with the Six-day Firearm Deer Season ; there is the option for the season to be extended the following week if harvest objectives are not met.

Participants are required to have a Black Bear Hunting Permit for the zone(s) they hunt in and a valid NJ hunting license. Five bear hunting zones are open to hunting; hunters are restricted to hunting only in the zone(s) for which they possess a permit. Hunters may possess permits for two separate zones. Permits are valid for the entire season (Segments A and B). In Segment A (October) use of bow or firearm is dependent on the day a person is hunting. A permit remains valid in Segment B if no bear is harvested with it in Segment A.

So You can hunt and kill deer and bears, but capture a critter destroying Your garden or yard and kill it is a no no.

If it was allowed by the town and my brother I would be happy to replace the grass with blacktop :wink:

NJ land of High Taxes and many restrictions :(
    Look at this, I have heard we are still last in tax dollars returned vs paid.
    https://www.moneytips.com/is-your-state-a-net-payer-or-a-net-taker/356
    Is Your State A Net Payer Or A Net Taker?
    Which States' Taxes Support Other States?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    aalc3heagyym.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 74 with an expected high of a relatively cool 84 and 60% chance of precipitation. We could use the rain.

Cats are eating now. I need to clean yesterday's cat bowls. Had a little difficulty getting Oliver started on his breakfast this morning, after his first night out of the hall bathroom. He was very anxious to see what the OTHER cats were eating and tried to get into each of their food bowls, which were either being used by the other cat or wouldn't open for him. There was a bit of contention between Kiara and Oliver over that, whereupon she left her food bowl, which promptly closed, to Oliver's consternation. I finally got him settled in front of his own food bowl and eating his own food. Of course he doesn't understand that he needs KITTEN food rather than CAT food and thinks he needs ALL the food. He'll learn, eventually, that only HIS bowl will open for him.

Somewhat surprisingly, Lilo, on discovering Oliver's food bowl in the master bathroom, yesterday, did her best to open it, sticking her head in and craning it around at all angles, wondering why that new food bowl wouldn't open. After trying for a while, she gave up and went to her own food bowl where she found her food was still available in a bowl that would open for her.

We may both have a weekend with NO PLANS AT ALL, though one friend did strongly hint that she'd like to drop by today, and if she does I can guarantee there will be running around to plant places, thrift shops, and probably the Buford Highway farmers' market too. Hopefully she has (or will have) changed her mind about that...as we'd really like the weekend of just deciding for ourselves what to do, if anything. Maybe clean out some more boxes of junk from prior moves. Yesterday I reorganized some storage/display shelves in one corner of the living room and got a lot of stuff put on them that had been piled in various stacks in the living room, so that bit looks very nice now.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Pizza dog vs. ... Pizza dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGqc5qPOLZI
  • parityanimal
    Best ever vegan ice cream! Well, someone's opinion on that anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GskNlVKw9sc
  • parityanimal
    You probably don't have Krystal up in New Jersey. I find that (like White Castle) the ratio of bread to protein in most of the sandwiches has WAY too much bread(carb) vs. protein. But then most burgers do, don't they? Just seems with these slider type burgers and sandwiches that it's even worse. I will say, though, that they taste pretty good and Krystal has a nice, inexpensive breakfast plate. It has too many carbs too, but once in a while I'll eat it anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VauFXN-2SUE