Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Why don't men wear high heels? A better question might be, why does ANYONE wear high heels? They can't be comfortable, and look like they squish toes, not to mention looking very unstable and easy to fall off of, or break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UhbfXlCkc
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

OK, I think You hit the nail on the head with that comment. I buy the Pre Shredded cheese and use it, that could easily explain the funny results.
    Sometimes I have tried it by boiling the Pasta, Throwing in the Shredded cheese after draining while still hot and some butter, Your comment explains why the cheese looks like it is not melting onto the pasta. I never really cared for the Kraft Deluxe version either, hmm... I wonder if Velveeta would work good, it melts easily. The one with the orange packet is just better, I do drain the Pasta real good, then add butter followed by the cheese packet and stir.
    FWIW the Dollar Tree has that one for, Surprise, $1 :wink:

Rice in any form, I love it however the High carb content is a problem as You say.
    That Rice dish looked so good, I do not know how You did not gobble it all up or at least more of it :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Velveeta (or store brands like it) works SPLENDIDLY for home made mac and cheese. Again, though, best results from the block, not pre-shredded. If you want to shred from the block, you have to freeze it and try to shred while frozen. I usually just cut it into relatively small chunks, add that and some butter and milk and stir with low heat until it's all melted and the sauce is as thick as I want it. I also usually add pepper at the table as I love a little coarsely ground (or freshly ground) pepper on my mac and cheese.

The rice casserole was delicious and I really, really could have eaten more but didn't. I hope J wants the rest for lunch today as the rest is more than I need to eat in one sitting, though I guess I could split it.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Oh my goodness...there were so many comments...and I have no idea what they all were!
    Liked the steamed dumplings & soup...could do that if I subbed out the pork, and the gelatinlllOr I could just let somebody else do that and buy them frozen at the grocery store too!!

FWIW, in GA Roger, senior's don't pay state taxes. Still do Fed. of course, but any money that was collected toward GA income taxes is returned! :) Yes Roger you can move...just remember it gets hot down here in the summer months...July, Aug, Sept and sometimes even June...LOL!! Something about cake and eating it too!!

What else...oh, Cheese. Have either of you tried Mexican cheese? Queso??? If you haven't don't is is SOOOO good!
    Best to not tempt yourself! There are two queso's...one that melts...and one that doesn't. Kinda neat huh??

Ok, Today after spending too much time drinking my coffee and reading fb posts, I got outside...and it was marvelous..about 74 and overcast slight breeze...and out I went, but of course it was a little warmer by the time I was out the door...Felt good. Edged the driveway, used the trimmer to cut back some stuff, and then the wind blew like crazy for just a few minutes...and after that you could feel the humidity rise, and rise, and rise...Blew all the debris out of the driveway, emptied my tip bag, put away my lawn toys, and by then I was soaked in sweat. (I do not readily sweat a lot, but today??? OMG!!! None the less, my driveway looks wonderful, as does my sidewalk to the front door!

I've showered, ate my late again today lunch, and am caught up with my reading/watching...my eyelids weight 5 pounds each, and my temporary next stop in bed time for nap! After which I will go to the gym. Although the yard work was just that. And I garnered nearly an hour of 'active fitbit minutes'...I only have 1,600 steps...boo!!!
    So there will be some TM time later today.

For now, nighty nite... and later!!!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    DxHITL.png

X903DT.jpg

k6Zlra.jpg

vuWoiA.jpg

3ceKt9.jpg

vjyCeq.jpg

OKsWfh.jpg

Wfllvm.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 70 degrees and was comfortable while walking with a light breeze until a light rain made its appearance. That led to me pulling out the disposable rain poncho which blocked the breeze and made the walking less comfortable.

Yesterday there was rain in the early evening.

Some has to be paying the costs.
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/16/nyu-school-of-medicine-now-tuition-free/
    NYU School Of Medicine To Pay Tuition For All Student

https://www.breitbart.com/news/cdc-1-in-4-adults-have-a-disability-that-impacts-daily-life/
    CDC: 1 in 4 adults have a disability that impacts daily life

https://bgr.com/2018/08/16/apple-servers-hacked-teen-sensitive-data-year/
    A 16-year-old hacked Apple and stole 90GB of secure files

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/08/16/kids-soda-restaurants/
    Milk Or Water: California Bill Aims To Curb Kids’ Soda Drinking At Restaurants

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-there-a-friendship-crisis-2018-08-17
    Is there a friendship crisis?
    People with strong friendships live longer

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/iranian-backed-sleeper-cell-militants-hibernating-u-s-positioned-attack/
    Iranian-Backed ‘Sleeper Cell’ Militants Hibernating in U.S., Positioned for Attack

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article216614855.html
    The biggest-known cantaloupe just set a world record and was grown in NC
    RALEIGH
    The world-champion cantaloupe grew slowly in Danny Vester’s garden, hidden from the sun, adding a pound of orange flesh a day until it reached a scale-busting 65.9 pounds — a new world record.
    Four years ago, Vester grew North Carolina’s biggest-ever pumpkin, a 1,404-pound whopper that filled his pickup bed with a half-inch to spare. He named it “Sammy,” and the record stood four years.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/north-east-shop-worker-praised-for-stopping-elderly-couple-being-scammed/
    North-east shop worker praised for stopping elderly couple being scammed

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/17/experts-warn-keyless-locks-now-simple-for-criminals-to-hack/
    Experts Warn Keyless Locks Now Simple For Criminals To Hack
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Criminals have a new trick to exploit keyless doors, hijacking the signal from the real owner’s device to unlock locks, start cars and more.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 74 with an expected high of a relatively cool 84 and 60% chance of precipitation. We could use the rain.

Cats are eating now. I need to clean yesterday's cat bowls. Had a little difficulty getting Oliver started on his breakfast this morning, after his first night out of the hall bathroom. He was very anxious to see what the OTHER cats were eating and tried to get into each of their food bowls, which were either being used by the other cat or wouldn't open for him. There was a bit of contention between Kiara and Oliver over that, whereupon she left her food bowl, which promptly closed, to Oliver's consternation. I finally got him settled in front of his own food bowl and eating his own food. Of course he doesn't understand that he needs KITTEN food rather than CAT food and thinks he needs ALL the food. He'll learn, eventually, that only HIS bowl will open for him.

Somewhat surprisingly, Lilo, on discovering Oliver's food bowl in the master bathroom, yesterday, did her best to open it, sticking her head in and craning it around at all angles, wondering why that new food bowl wouldn't open. After trying for a while, she gave up and went to her own food bowl where she found her food was still available in a bowl that would open for her.

We may both have a weekend with NO PLANS AT ALL, though one friend did strongly hint that she'd like to drop by today, and if she does I can guarantee there will be running around to plant places, thrift shops, and probably the Buford Highway farmers' market too. Hopefully she has (or will have) changed her mind about that...as we'd really like the weekend of just deciding for ourselves what to do, if anything. Maybe clean out some more boxes of junk from prior moves. Yesterday I reorganized some storage/display shelves in one corner of the living room and got a lot of stuff put on them that had been piled in various stacks in the living room, so that bit looks very nice now.
    Hi Ed
    Today is forecast to be cooler and the humidity is forecast to drop for a couple of days.

The cats action with the food bowls is not surprising to me, Remember the old saying, Curiosity killed the cat :wink:

The other day my brother brought home from a roadside stand, Corn on the Cob, Nectarines and a large Cantaloupe all freshly picked by the stand operator.
    Pizza dog vs. ... Pizza dog?
    I think I'll pass on that one, A Pizza Burger on the other hand would be OK.
    You probably don't have Krystal up in New Jersey. I find that (like White Castle) the ratio of bread to protein in most of the sandwiches has WAY too much bread(carb) vs. protein. But then most burgers do, don't they? Just seems with these slider type burgers and sandwiches that it's even worse. I will say, though, that they taste pretty good and Krystal has a nice, inexpensive breakfast plate. It has too many carbs too, but once in a while I'll eat it anyway.
    Just for the heck of it I looked Krystal locations and there are none near me. It seems to be a Southern chain.
    The White Castle original burger is 140 calories for a weight of 55 grams. Possibly strange to You I do like their Onion Rings at 141 grams and 480 calories and I also like their Chicken Rings at 57 grams and 160 calories for a 3 piece serving. I am sure that both of those are chopped and formed then breaded due to their uniform size.
    Why don't men wear high heels? A better question might be, why does ANYONE wear high heels? They can't be comfortable, and look like they squish toes, not to mention looking very unstable and easy to fall off of, or break.
    I have always thought that High Heels must be tough on the wearers feet and as You say the toes must be getting squashed, Vanity in appearance seems to trump comfort :smiley:
    RogerToo wrote: »

OK, I think You hit the nail on the head with that comment. I buy the Pre Shredded cheese and use it, that could easily explain the funny results.
    Sometimes I have tried it by boiling the Pasta, Throwing in the Shredded cheese after draining while still hot and some butter, Your comment explains why the cheese looks like it is not melting onto the pasta. I never really cared for the Kraft Deluxe version either, hmm... I wonder if Velveeta would work good, it melts easily. The one with the orange packet is just better, I do drain the Pasta real good, then add butter followed by the cheese packet and stir.
    FWIW the Dollar Tree has that one for, Surprise, $1 :wink:

Rice in any form, I love it however the High carb content is a problem as You say.
    That Rice dish looked so good, I do not know how You did not gobble it all up or at least more of it :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Velveeta (or store brands like it) works SPLENDIDLY for home made mac and cheese. Again, though, best results from the block, not pre-shredded. If you want to shred from the block, you have to freeze it and try to shred while frozen. I usually just cut it into relatively small chunks, add that and some butter and milk and stir with low heat until it's all melted and the sauce is as thick as I want it. I also usually add pepper at the table as I love a little coarsely ground (or freshly ground) pepper on my mac and cheese.

The rice casserole was delicious and I really, really could have eaten more but didn't. I hope J wants the rest for lunch today as the rest is more than I need to eat in one sitting, though I guess I could split it.
    I shall have to try the Velveeta next time I try making Mac & Cheese in the house. It also never occurred to me to try melting the sauce on the stove top, I always figured that the heat from the freshly drained and left hot would melt the cheese, My bad.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Oh my goodness...there were so many comments...and I have no idea what they all were!
    Liked the steamed dumplings & soup...could do that if I subbed out the pork, and the gelatinlll Or I could just let somebody else do that and buy them frozen at the grocery store too!!

FWIW, in GA Roger, senior's don't pay state taxes. Still do Fed. of course, but any money that was collected toward GA income taxes is returned! :) Yes Roger you can move...just remember it gets hot down here in the summer months...July, Aug, Sept and sometimes even June...LOL!! Something about cake and eating it too!!

What else...oh, Cheese. Have either of you tried Mexican cheese? Queso??? If you haven't don't is is SOOOO good!
    Best to not tempt yourself! There are two queso's...one that melts...and one that doesn't. Kinda neat huh??
    Hi Valerie
    In NJ You pay income tax based on income and no exemption based on age so we pay a sales tax and income tax in NJ.

Buying the frozen in the grocery store sounds like a plan to me.

Queso is something I have never tried nor have I tried Crème Fraîche I can get them at a local grocery store that sells a lot of Latin American foods.
    Ok, Today after spending too much time drinking my coffee and reading fb posts, I got outside...and it was marvelous..about 74 and overcast slight breeze...and out I went, but of course it was a little warmer by the time I was out the door...Felt good. Edged the driveway, used the trimmer to cut back some stuff, and then the wind blew like crazy for just a few minutes...and after that you could feel the humidity rise, and rise, and rise...Blew all the debris out of the driveway, emptied my tip bag, put away my lawn toys, and by then I was soaked in sweat. (I do not readily sweat a lot, but today??? OMG!!! None the less, my driveway looks wonderful, as does my sidewalk to the front door!

I've showered, ate my late again today lunch, and am caught up with my reading/watching...my eyelids weight 5 pounds each, and my temporary next stop in bed time for nap! After which I will go to the gym. Although the yard work was just that. And I garnered nearly an hour of 'active fitbit minutes'...I only have 1,600 steps...boo!!!
    So there will be some TM time later today.

For now, nighty nite... and later!!!
    That is a shame that the humidity did that to You. I only sweat outside mowing or walking when the humidity is high. I hate the uncomfortable feeling when that happens.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 75 with an expected high of 84 and 40% chance of precipitation. Nothing specific on the agenda for today except perhaps a nap if I can manage that.

So far the nights have been fairly peaceful despite having the new kid in with the other three, as he seems to just find a comfy hidey hole and not interact with them, though when out in the house with them they are all getting closer and closer to playing with him and not just hissing and spitting. Even Lilo, while still hissing and spitting, isn't doing as much of it. She may never want to play with him but I'm sure she can learn to co-exist with him. She never wanted to play with Figaro either, but he was a bit older when he moved in and he occasionally tried to challenge her dominance, always finding that this was not a good idea. LOL.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up at some point. Breakfast was two slices of thin crust barbecue (instead of pizza sauce) MEATS pizza. Dinner last night was also two slices. The barbecue sauce is quite a bit sweeter than the usual marinara type pizza sauce so I'm sure the carb hit from this pizza is significantly higher. I still allow myself the standard two slices though.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    I would definitely be willing to eat a sloppy joe egg roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duOH59nFb0I
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Remember the ENORMOUS cake that Bruce Bogtrotter had to eat ALL OF in Matilda?

Well, Emmy makes one. Somehow I doubt she eats all of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hy8934KlKY
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Southern style pim(i)ento cheese. Here in the south, we skip the "i"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-VBFGTyCg
  • parityanimal
    Grilled flank steak and corn salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8cGAnQk2nQ
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Changes fast food restaurants are making?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOEnudVu7E
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi!
    I'm about to take off for the gym.
    When I woke this morning Roger our humidity at 6:30 was 94%. So I slept in awhile longer. Finally got out to do some weeding, and Tom E. came to help...he carried on and on, and then Marietta started a long convo thru Text Message....I hate when that happens. At one point Tom E got mad cuz I quit petting him I guess, and bit my hand and hissed me to boot. "kitten" cat!

So, still no afternoon rain, so I'm heading to the gym as weeding does NOT help my step count! LOL!!

I haven't made Mac and Cheese in ages...but 'real' at home M&C started with a béchamel sauce (aka white sauce) made on the top of the stove...and cheese was added to the sauce, which then was poured over the cooked elbow noodles, and baked in the oven til the top was a pretty brown. That was good!!! I hated making it, but sure did love eating it.

The flank steak with corn salad looked amazing. Didn't watch the video, as I am still salivating over M&C. Long ago when flank steak was 'new'...it was a cheap cut of meat and I'd slice up bell pepper, onion, sometimes mushroom, and after beating the crap out of the flank steak to tenderize it, I'd lay that meat out flat, fill it with the veg's and then roll it up. I'd cut it into about 2 inch pieces, and put the pieces in the broiler to cook. I don't think I put cheese on it after broiling, but bet that would have been good. Also sometimes did pour a bit of steak sauce on the adult pieces. Kids would't eat it with steak sauce.

Haven't watched Emmy yet today...will do that with my dinner! she always makes me hungry!!!

Roger I've heard, that the reason seniors don't pay state income taxes is because they don't have the tax in FLA, and they were losing all their old people to FLA. Don't know how true that is, but I do know it is an automatic thing here, and the first filing when I was 65 scared the heck out of me, as I was getting all my money back from the state....I was sure a mistake had been made, and put that check into a savings account to collect the interest until they came demanding I return the money to the state...never happened.

Ok, now its 3:30 so I really do need to get to the gym. I still need 5,000 more steps.......ugh!

Oh, also, I was reading one of my vegan recipe sites, and they did a dip of some sort served with what appeared to be Ritz crackers...saying the crackers are 'unintentionally vegan'. Like Fig Newtons, and Nutter Butter Cookies I guess! I've been tempted by Oreo's, but reading the ingredients always makes me put them back on the shelf!!! LOL! One day I'll crack and eat Oreo's again, though I hope not anytime soon.
    And I sent the cartoon about paper beating rock to both Jack and Ted. As I recall some Scissors, Paper, Rock 'games' becoming near drag out fights when they were Tween's and Early Teens. I hated that game!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    9HNoWF.jpg

6Y6txi.jpg

JRv0qj.jpg
    On vacation with the wife and our tw.... our one son.

p8ZbvQ.jpg

XC4Efk.jpg

2zqEqz.jpg

Yb4uTf.png

fBP39x.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees and was comfortable while walking with a light breeze.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/venezuela-edge-maduro-unveils-raft-economic-reforms-160712910.html
    Venezuela on edge as Maduro unveils raft of economic reforms
    And
    The International Monetary Fund predicts inflation will hit a staggering one million percent this year in Venezuela -- now in a fourth year of recession, hamstrung by shortages of basic goods, and crippled by paralyzed public services.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-surprising-bulwark-for-the-u-s-economy-personal-savings-1534604400
    A Surprising Bulwark for the U.S. Economy: The Personal Saving Rate

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/17/post-worker-video-kick-packages/
    Caught On Camera: Long Island Postal Worker Tosses, Kicks Packages

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/17/dogs-duck-friend-gets-a-name/
    Update: Dog’s Best Friend Duck Finally Gets A Name

https://apnews.com/127fe8b09ae74a57826ab5953922e711/As-our-media-environment-blurs,-confusion-often-reigns
    As our media environment blurs, confusion often reigns

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/fart-spray/spray-array-seized-736018
    Sometimes, You Can Never Have Enough Cans Of Fart Spray In Your Purse
    Weird IMO

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/16/gowanus-canal-cleanup-environmental-protection-agency/
    Historical Treasures Found During Gowanus Canal Cleanup
    Archaeologists Bring Up World War II-Era Rescue Boat, Horse-Drawn Wagon Wheels And More As Lawmakers Contemplate Site's Future
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A massive project is underway to clean up one of the countries most polluted waterways: the Gowanus Canal, which flows through Brooklyn.
    Crews have discovered some old treasures, but most of them are covered in toxic sludge, CBS2’s Natalie Duddridge reported Thursday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7037331/shock-pics-show-how-genoa-bridge-support-was-chipped-away-to-make-way-for-apartment/
    THROUGH THE ROOF Shock pics show how Genoa bridge support was chipped away to make way for apartment
    Tuesday’s disaster was the tenth bridge to collapse in Italy in the last five years alone.
    The collapse has led many in Italy to also point the finger of blame at cement sold by Mafia controlled businesses.
    The material is mixed with sand by the gangsters to cut cost and in Italian is called “cemento depotenziato” or “weakened cement”.

https://www.fox16.com/news/local-news/satanic-temple-rally-at-state-capitol-targets-arkansas-lawmaker/1376928022
    Satanic Temple Rally at State Capitol Targets Arkansas Lawmaker

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 75 with an expected high of 84 and 40% chance of precipitation. Nothing specific on the agenda for today except perhaps a nap if I can manage that.

So far the nights have been fairly peaceful despite having the new kid in with the other three, as he seems to just find a comfy hidey hole and not interact with them, though when out in the house with them they are all getting closer and closer to playing with him and not just hissing and spitting. Even Lilo, while still hissing and spitting, isn't doing as much of it. She may never want to play with him but I'm sure she can learn to co-exist with him. She never wanted to play with Figaro either, but he was a bit older when he moved in and he occasionally tried to challenge her dominance, always finding that this was not a good idea. LOL.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up at some point. Breakfast was two slices of thin crust barbecue (instead of pizza sauce) MEATS pizza. Dinner last night was also two slices. The barbecue sauce is quite a bit sweeter than the usual marinara type pizza sauce so I'm sure the carb hit from this pizza is significantly higher. I still allow myself the standard two slices though.
    Hi Ed
    Thin Crust is always tasty, I do not recall ever having had Pizza with BBQ sauce. My brother has had slices of Breakfast Pizza which I never ate either.
    I would definitely be willing to eat a sloppy joe egg roll.
    That does sound tasty, I have had Cheesesteak Egg Rolls from Chinese Take out.
    Remember the ENORMOUS cake that Bruce Bogtrotter had to eat ALL OF in Matilda?

Well, Emmy makes one. Somehow I doubt she eats all of it...
    Never seen that movie, Most of what I watch in the line of movies are older movies.
    Changes fast food restaurants are making?
    I have this set up to watch later on.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    I'm about to take off for the gym.
    When I woke this morning Roger our humidity at 6:30 was 94%. So I slept in awhile longer. Finally got out to do some weeding, and Tom E. came to help...he carried on and on, and then Marietta started a long convo thru Text Message....I hate when that happens. At one point Tom E got mad cuz I quit petting him I guess, and bit my hand and hissed me to boot. "kitten" cat!

So, still no afternoon rain, so I'm heading to the gym as weeding does NOT help my step count! LOL!!
    I got eaten up alive while walking :(

I haven't made Mac and Cheese in ages...but 'real' at home M&C started with a béchamel sauce (aka white sauce) made on the top of the stove...and cheese was added to the sauce, which then was poured over the cooked elbow noodles, and baked in the oven til the top was a pretty brown. That was good!!! I hated making it, but sure did love eating it.
    Lucky me that our humidity has dropped, I think I may Mow the lawn later on when it is not quite so early.

I do like the browned top and I also like the part that Bakes itself onto the pan :smiley:

IMO Weeding counts as exercise :wink:
    The flank steak with corn salad looked amazing. Didn't watch the video, as I am still salivating over M&C. Long ago when flank steak was 'new'...it was a cheap cut of meat and I'd slice up bell pepper, onion, sometimes mushroom, and after beating the crap out of the flank steak to tenderize it, I'd lay that meat out flat, fill it with the veg's and then roll it up. I'd cut it into about 2 inch pieces, and put the pieces in the broiler to cook. I don't think I put cheese on it after broiling, but bet that would have been good. Also sometimes did pour a bit of steak sauce on the adult pieces. Kids would't eat it with steak sauce.

Haven't watched Emmy yet today...will do that with my dinner! she always makes me hungry!!!
    Like a lot of cuts that used to be cheap it was discovered and then the price went up.

Even Cuts like Pork or Beef neckbones are not cheap anymore. They always went into the Italian Tomato Gravy simmering on the stove to go over pasta. Also Pork, Pork Skin and Beef Bracciole. The way our family made the Pig Skin version was Crush fresh garlic onto the skin, Then roll it up and put into a skillet and fry until the skin went transparent then into the Tomato Gravy :smiley:
    Roger I've heard, that the reason seniors don't pay state income taxes is because they don't have the tax in FLA, and they were losing all their old people to FLA. Don't know how true that is, but I do know it is an automatic thing here, and the first filing when I was 65 scared the heck out of me, as I was getting all my money back from the state....I was sure a mistake had been made, and put that check into a savings account to collect the interest until they came demanding I return the money to the state...never happened.

Ok, now its 3:30 so I really do need to get to the gym. I still need 5,000 more steps.......ugh!

Oh, also, I was reading one of my vegan recipe sites, and they did a dip of some sort served with what appeared to be Ritz crackers...saying the crackers are 'unintentionally vegan'. Like Fig Newtons, and Nutter Butter Cookies I guess! I've been tempted by Oreo's, but reading the ingredients always makes me put them back on the shelf!!! LOL! One day I'll crack and eat Oreo's again, though I hope not anytime soon.
    And I sent the cartoon about paper beating rock to both Jack and Ted. As I recall some Scissors, Paper, Rock 'games' becoming near drag out fights when they were Tween's and Early Teens. I hated that game!

Later...
    That makes sense to me, In many cases despite the networks love of young viewers seniors have disposable income that many states hate to lose from their economy.

In NJ
    How the population is changing in each of N.J.'s 21 counties
    New Jersey's population growth has slowed to a trickle during the past decade, hindered by high property taxes and a slow recovery from the Great Recession.

But that stagnation is by no means uniform across the Garden State. While some towns and counties are hemorrhaging population, others are booming.
    https://www.nj.com/data/2018/01/how_njs_population_is_shifting_in_each_county.html

I know someone that had a Income Tax refund that he was sure was wrong so He put it in a drawer uncashed. Some years later the IRS came to him and wanted it back along with interest and penalty. They were shocked when He pulled out the Check, They said everybody cashes them :wink:

I liked that picture too :smile:

For Soups I always liked Oyster Crackers rather than the regular saltines.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Truck Jokes
    One Big Rig Driver to the other, next time You pass one of those small cars please go around it :wink:

Truck Drives kicking a flat Tire. Car Driver asks, Have a Flat ?
    Trucker says, No Thanks, One is enough.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 73 with an expected high of 86 and 40% chance of precipitation.

Got yesterday's cat bowls already cleaned up. I WILL start some laundry in a while, after J gets up. Kiara and Oliver have started playing together a little, and he's getting less timid with the others. Time marches on.

I'm working on the seasoning on a couple more cast iron pieces I found yesterday at Goodwill. Amazingly, it was $3.93 for the whole fajita cooker/server set, including the silicone handle. I'm not sure they even realized they could have removed the handle, charged $1.00 for it separately, and probably even $5.95 for the wood base and cast iron server. I feel like that was a really good deal. The 6 1/2 inch round griddle, by itself, was the same price of $3.93.

7tga3fwm3fyr.png

The 6 1/2 inch round griddle really didn't need much but I gave it a good cleaning and am in the process of giving it a coat or two of seasoning but the fajita cooker/server needed a bit more work.

The wood base just needed a wipe with soapy water and then a quick rinse, with a dab of Goo-Gone to remove the crayoned on price that was written on the bottom. Dried it off and it's ready to go.

The black silicone holder on the handle looked grimy but a quick wipe with soapy water and a rinse made it look like new.

The cast iron cooker/server itself had a tacky/sticky layer of badly done, uneven seasoning for the top layer, so I scrubbed that off as best I could with a Brillo pad, then tried burning any remainder off in a 500 degree oven. The underlying metal looked fine after wiping of a layer of black ash and I am applying a coat or two (or three or four) of seasoning on it and I'll see how it comes out.

The second coat of home added seasoning is now baking on for both items. The griddle really only needed additional seasoning on the cooking surface and may not need as many coats as the fajita cooker/server.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...