Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited August 2018
    Americans try Israeli McDonald's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_MAAgemqY
  • parityanimal
    Australian McDonald's Shaker Fries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVpChssUtuE
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Late, but kitchen is clean, etc.
    Got to the gym today! Yay! Had a nap! Yay!! Not much else to say!
    Tomorrow I need to put gas in my car. Have more than enough for my Wednesday trip to my chiro, but...
    Hot and dry here for the next several days. Have seen awful flooding in the NE.
    Tom is a pill...Ed hope J's Oliver melds into your feline family. At his age, it shouldn't take to long. Although Mr. Bill our rescue cat never lost his call to the outdoors. pushing out screens, dashing out any open door, etc. He was rescued by Ted from our garage. Long story, feral Mama, moving her kittens to a safer place, (under my utility shed) apparently spooked by our little dog and hid this gray and black tabby in the garage. Ted had left the door up while he mowed the grass. Boy and dog came in, closed the door. and Ted went down to the garage to wash a load of clothes and heard the kitten....His eyes were open..by maybe a day or two.

Roger you mentioned not having to water the garden...whats growing in your garden this summer? And you've not mentioned issues with deer etc.

I watched Emmy and the fries...and laughed at the Lawn and Order landscapers truck! That was clever...also the 6 gray kittens and 'the pill'!! OOPS!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    JTR1Xt.jpg

XWSrkF.jpg

c1Bnfq.jpg

VZfUas.jpg

XDZMH9.jpg

yNptKd.jpg

O2uix8.jpg

LzNL6v.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking 1 cent. The Temperature out the door was 69 degrees and uncomfortable while walking due to a medium fog making it very humid IMO.

The Raspberry Bushes and the Blackberry Bush were very prolific, Sadly I only had a handful of Raspberries and a few more Blackberries due to four legged tree rats eating most of them before they are ripe enough for me to eat :(

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article216542765.html
    Terrified horse was ‘skin and bones.’ Then a dog named Molly made friends, NC rescuer says

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/722857/Notre-Dame-holy-water-poison-biblical-christian-news
    Notre Dame holy water POISONING fears as 'tingling' churchgoers taken ill

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/11/dog-saliva-bacteria-linked-death-wisconsin-woman/969438002/
    Bacteria spread through dog saliva linked to death of Wisconsin woman

https://nypost.com/2018/08/11/more-americans-are-defaulting-on-their-credit-cards-analyst/
    More Americans are defaulting on their credit cards: analyst

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/11/british-ufo-hunters-laptop-wiped-mysterious-death-7826349/
    British UFO hunter’s laptop was ‘wiped’ after mysterious death

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/08/12/nbc-ignores-own-reporter-and-crew-assaulted-antifa
    NBC Ignores Own Reporter and Crew Assaulted By Antifa in Charlottesville

https://nypost.com/2018/08/12/growing-trend-of-police-inaction-lets-potential-perps-off-easy/
    Growing trend of police inaction lets potential perps get off easy

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 68 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Yes, Oliver makes four and you may be sure that it took some convincing to get me to agree with the idea that J needed to bring him home. I felt he would have been just fine where he was, living in J's aunt's barn. But I have to admit he seems to be a very gentle and sweet kitten, and he really seems to have taken to J.

Need to clean out yesterday's cat bowls, probably do laundry, call the vet early and see if we can get Oliver in for a checkup today or tomorrow, and finalize his shots, and get him chipped.

He's all set up in the hall bathroom for now, with his kitty bed AND a small, one level, cat condo, several toys, a litter box, food, and water. The first thing he did was knock the paper cup dispenser into the sink and scare the *KITTEN* out of himself so that he had to hide behind the wastebasket. At least that's where I found him after investigating the crash. He is about 6 or 7 months old, we think, and we hope that his youth may make it easier to integrate him into the household clowder of cats.

Also, of course, need to feed all the cats. J left some kibble with Oliver but I haven't checked on him yet. I need to buy him some canned food today too. If we get out, perhaps J can wait, with Oliver, in the car while I run in to get some canned kitten food.

For dinner last night, I made a pound of ground lamb into 15 meatballs, mixing it with some Parmesan/Roman cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, a little salt, pepper, and ground rosemary. NO breadcrumbs or other fillers. After baking them, I ate 5 of them with some spicy marinara sauce and a slice of multigrain bread with flax, turned into garlic cheese toast. No pasta, as the toast made up my carbs for the meal.

And now I need to make my next mug of morning hot tea.
    Hi Ed
    Around here the rain was fairly steady when it started up again shortly after I returned home from walking Monday. Some parts of NJ had over 7 inches of rain and another day with severe flooding in some areas. It was OK walking so I did go further than on Monday.

More expense between the Vet and I am guessing You will adding another smart feedings station for the new cat ?
    Which egg makes the best scrambled eggs? As opposed to which egg can you actually buy at the average grocery store...
    I was watching the first episode of the seasons worst cooks in America and one of the contestants pointed to the stove and asked what's that ? Another had the Stove and Oven turned off since She did not need them. A third contestant asked Do these Brown Eggs taste like the White Eggs ? Another contestant had to be told turn the Knife over and use the sharp side to slice the New York Strip Steak.

Wow !
    Americans try Israeli McDonald's.
    I guess once I watch the videos I suppose I will know if they Keep Kosher.
    Australian McDonald's Shaker Fries.
    Not Sure about this one.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Late, but kitchen is clean, etc.
    Got to the gym today! Yay! Had a nap! Yay!! Not much else to say!
    Tomorrow I need to put gas in my car. Have more than enough for my Wednesday trip to my chiro, but...
    Hot and dry here for the next several days. Have seen awful flooding in the NE.
    Tom is a pill...Ed hope J's Oliver melds into your feline family. At his age, it shouldn't take to long. Although Mr. Bill our rescue cat never lost his call to the outdoors. pushing out screens, dashing out any open door, etc. He was rescued by Ted from our garage. Long story, feral Mama, moving her kittens to a safer place, (under my utility shed) apparently spooked by our little dog and hid this gray and black tabby in the garage. Ted had left the door up while he mowed the grass. Boy and dog came in, closed the door. and Ted went down to the garage to wash a load of clothes and heard the kitten....His eyes were open..by maybe a day or two.

Roger you mentioned not having to water the garden...whats growing in your garden this summer? And you've not mentioned issues with deer etc.

I watched Emmy and the fries...and laughed at the Lawn and Order landscapers truck! That was clever...also the 6 gray kittens and 'the pill'!! OOPS!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Yup, Lots of flooding from what I see on the TV news.

Tomatoes of several varieties including Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes that are tasty too. Eggplant, Basil, Green Peppers and of course the Berry Bushes, Columnar Apple Trees and a bunch of flowers in the front planting beds. Also some Dahlias from seed, Gladiolus cormlets planted to get large enough to flower next year when planted out front.

The Darn Four legged Appetites AKA Deer have been eating leaves off of the Apple trees, and a Melon vine.

I thought there was some clever captioning and landscaper.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 70 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Finished off my lamb meatballs last night for a late dinner after the orchid society meeting. I cooked some ring spaghetti (like spaghettios, but freshly cooked - they have another name but I can't think of it) and had them with some spicy marinara and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan/Romano.

J had some of the same pasta and sauce, with a couple of fried, broken yolk eggs on top, and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan/Romano as a very shakshuka-like dinner, just over pasta instead of toast. I like it either way, but really prefer the toast, and prefer my egg(s) runny on shakshuka.

We had Oliver's wellness check (and chipping) at our vet yesterday and he's learning to get used to the lid opening and closing on his magic food bowl, in reaction to the chip. It was at the first level (barely moving and barely closing) yesterday and today it closes about halfway, so he can still readily see and smell the food. He didn't seem at all phased by the movement yesterday or today. Tomorrow I'll set it to close about three quarters of the way and by Thursday, it should be all the way and he should be fully trained to use his food bowl.

He's still very affectionate and lovable, and Kiara is still feeling betrayed when she smells him on us. Lilo was interested this morning when J carried Oliver around, and didn't hiss until he got really close to her and she had sniffed his tail thoroughly. J never did put him down, and we feel Lilo will be fine when we move him out to general population, as long as he doesn't push it with her and if he does, she'll smack him down and remind him that she's the queen and he's just a lowly minion who needs to remember his place.

Dinah doesn't seem really concerned at all as yet, and we think she'll be just fine making friends with him. Hopefully that won't upset Kiara, as right now Kiara and Dinah are best friends.

It will all work itself out. I didn't really want to get back to having this many cats, but I'll get used to it too.

Oliver's only apparent health issue was a mild yeast problem in his ears, and I have daily drops to rub in for that for a few days. They are refrigerated and cold, and he hates them but loves the treats that follow administration. That's our usual method. If we have to do something HORRIBLE to the cats (like cold drops massaged into the ear, or a shot) they immediately get treats after, to lessen the blow.

The doctor at the vet's office even gave him treats yesterday after all the HORRIBLE things they did to him. He gobbled them right up.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Kitchen gadgets for cheese lovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgWOMRRrKg4
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    I'm not that fond of Chik Filet's food that I could even imagine ordering the whole menu. I mean, the food is all right, but I guess I'm not as thrilled by chicken marinated in dill pickle juice, and served with a dill pickle on top in a sandwich, as some people seem to be.

Not a problem as I really don't need to be eating a lot of deep fried chicken sandwiches or other deep fried food anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxb7IS-mT0
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I was watching the first episode of the seasons worst cooks in America and one of the contestants pointed to the stove and asked what's that ? Another had the Stove and Oven turned off since She did not need them. A third contestant asked Do these Brown Eggs taste like the White Eggs ? Another contestant had to be told turn the Knife over and use the sharp side to slice the New York Strip Steak.

Wow !

:open_mouth:

I wouldn't call them "worst cooks" but rather "not cooks at all" if they don't know the stuff they ask about up there or won't USE a stove or oven, though, to be fair, I can and do cook an awful lot of stuff in the microwave, some of it quite nice, but for some really good stuff I do need a stove and/or oven. I guess a microwave only cook could still be called a cook, but probably not the best cook, though maybe not the worst either. And if they don't even know how to use a sharp knife? Not only not a cook, but a danger to him/herself even in eating food!

• RogerToo
    9Onqre.gif

jssLvM.jpg

UmmDZF.jpg
    I never understood the fear of clowns thing ?

52KeHu.jpg

yJQhol.jpg

6vKaot.jpg

hFsTFl.jpg

5RXRQy.jpg
    Leftover from Yesterdays Humor
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 70 degrees and semi comfortable while walking due to humidity IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6056189/FBI-warns-cyber-criminals-plotting-mass-hack-against-bank-ATMs.html
    Hackers ‘to steal MILLIONS from cash machines within days’: FBI warns of imminent mass attack on world’s ATMs

What a Shame :(
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/103-year-old-SF-woman-falls-victim-to-burglar-in-13152570.php

103-year-old SF woman falls victim to burglar in Inner Sunset

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2018/08/russian-military-spy-software-hundreds-thousands-home-routers/150474/
    Russian Military Spy Software is on Hundreds of Thousands of Home Routers

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2018/07/computers-have-found-better-way-spot-emailed-malware-researchers-say/149962/?oref=d1-related-article
    Computers Have Found a Better Way to Spot Emailed Malware, Researchers Say

https://apnews.com/24813c30397747a99ee2da3d8a19c026/14-year-old-boy-uses-legal-quirk-to-run-for-Vermont-governor
    14-year-old boy uses legal quirk to run for Vermont governor

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/mexican-radio-beam-chinese-propaganda/

Mexican Radio to Beam Chinese Propaganda
    U.S. probes links between buyer of Tijuana station and China's Phoenix TV

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/sting-operation-illegal-aliens-attacked-bees-rescued-us-border-patrol-agents
    Sting Operation: Illegal Aliens Attacked by Bees Rescued by U.S. Border Patrol Agents

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 70 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Finished off my lamb meatballs last night for a late dinner after the orchid society meeting. I cooked some ring spaghetti (like spaghettios, but freshly cooked - they have another name but I can't think of it) and had them with some spicy marinara and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan/Romano.

J had some of the same pasta and sauce, with a couple of fried, broken yolk eggs on top, and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan/Romano as a very shakshuka-like dinner, just over pasta instead of toast. I like it either way, but really prefer the toast, and prefer my egg(s) runny on shakshuka.

We had Oliver's wellness check (and chipping) at our vet yesterday and he's learning to get used to the lid opening and closing on his magic food bowl, in reaction to the chip. It was at the first level (barely moving and barely closing) yesterday and today it closes about halfway, so he can still readily see and smell the food. He didn't seem at all phased by the movement yesterday or today. Tomorrow I'll set it to close about three quarters of the way and by Thursday, it should be all the way and he should be fully trained to use his food bowl.

He's still very affectionate and lovable, and Kiara is still feeling betrayed when she smells him on us. Lilo was interested this morning when J carried Oliver around, and didn't hiss until he got really close to her and she had sniffed his tail thoroughly. J never did put him down, and we feel Lilo will be fine when we move him out to general population, as long as he doesn't push it with her and if he does, she'll smack him down and remind him that she's the queen and he's just a lowly minion who needs to remember his place.

Dinah doesn't seem really concerned at all as yet, and we think she'll be just fine making friends with him. Hopefully that won't upset Kiara, as right now Kiara and Dinah are best friends.

It will all work itself out. I didn't really want to get back to having this many cats, but I'll get used to it too.

Oliver's only apparent health issue was a mild yeast problem in his ears, and I have daily drops to rub in for that for a few days. They are refrigerated and cold, and he hates them but loves the treats that follow administration. That's our usual method. If we have to do something HORRIBLE to the cats (like cold drops massaged into the ear, or a shot) they immediately get treats after, to lessen the blow.

The doctor at the vet's office even gave him treats yesterday after all the HORRIBLE things they did to him. He gobbled them right up.
    Hi Ed
    In my Youth I used to buy and cook a pasta called wagon wheels and Loose cooked Hamburger in Ragu brand Spaghetti sauce.
    Kitchen gadgets for cheese lovers.
    What kind of gadgets are really needed beyond a Cheese Slicer and a Cheese Grater.
    I'm not that fond of Chik Filet's food that I could even imagine ordering the whole menu. I mean, the food is all right, but I guess I'm not as thrilled by chicken marinated in dill pickle juice, and served with a dill pickle on top in a sandwich, as some people seem to be.

Not a problem as I really don't need to be eating a lot of deep fried chicken sandwiches or other deep fried food anyway.
    I have never had Chik Filets food, I believe there is one within driving distance as well as the not yet tried In and Out Burger.
    Why would You marinate chicken in Dill Pickle Juice ? I do like a Fried or grilled Chicken Filet sandwich on a roll with Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo or Thousand Island dressing.
    World's fastest meatballs?
    Fast does not equal Good :wink:
    RogerToo wrote: »

Wow !

:open_mouth:

I wouldn't call them "worst cooks" but rather "not cooks at all" if they don't know the stuff they ask about up there or won't USE a stove or oven, though, to be fair, I can and do cook an awful lot of stuff in the microwave, some of it quite nice, but for some really good stuff I do need a stove and/or oven. I guess a microwave only cook could still be called a cook, but probably not the best cook, though maybe not the worst either. And if they don't even know how to use a sharp knife? Not only not a cook, but a danger to him/herself even in eating food!
    In the first episode they are asked to prepare their best dish for the judges, in this case Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine.
    Watching the judges try and I do mean try in many cases to taste the food is hilarious.
    As I understand it they are nominated for the show by family.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    kbu77202igz4.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 78 with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Just dropped my car off at the shop (again) for the same problem. Clearly there is a short somewhere in the electrical harness, but it may take them some time to locate just where. Started acting up on the way to my cousin's funeral two Saturday's ago, and all the way back from it. So for 20 miles on the way, and 40 on the way back, it was fun (not) listening to chirps, dings, beeps, etc., and watching dash lights flicker, go off, come back on, and then steady for a while, only to start all over.

Each time, so far, they have fixed something that NEEDED fixing anyway, so I have no issues with the shop. They do good work and charge a fair price. I know that these kind of intermittent problems can be hell to find as they can test a given bit and everything seems fine, because they didn't happen to test it at JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT when it was acting up.

Don't know how long it will be in this time. I may have to rent a car to drive to Memphis for the funeral of a good friend who died in her sleep on the 12th. Arrangements have not been made yet, so don't know when it will be. Even if I were to get my van back in time, I think I'd rather rent for this trip, as the van won't have been road tested on a long(ish) trip yet.

Already cleaned cat bowls from yesterday, and the cats and I have all been fed. The LYFT back from the shop was only $7.60 and I added a $2.00 for the driver's tip.

Dinner last night was very late, as I was just about to get something started when I found out about my friend's death, and then didn't REALLY want anything but eventually had to make something to eat with my evening medication, and of course to feed J who doesn't mind eating very late like that. I'd prefer to eat earlier but am OK with occasionally having a very late dinner. Needless to say it wasn't too long after dinner when I went to bed. I ended up just making a quick macaroni and cheese in spicy white cheese sauce. It was good. Took care of needs.
    J had two servings last night and I finished it off this morning for breakfast.

Also discovered this morning, in moving the hot dogs to get to the cheese, that what USED to be a 7 pack of Hebrew National mostly fat free dogs has turned into a 6 pack. I thought the wrong amount was left in the package I had opened the other day and knew J wouldn't have eaten one, thought back to when I had eaten from it, and how many and concluded that either I had eaten one in my sleep, a burglar had broken in and eaten just a hot dog and nothing else, or they had reduced the package size. A quick look at the front of the package verified the latter. I don't have any issue with this, and an even number makes it easier to come out even with the buns, if one eats buns with their hot dog. It was just a surprise because I had expected to get 7.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Grilled German potato salad. No, he's not grilling the potato salad. And it's not made from grilled Germans. No Germans (to the best of my knowledge) have been harmed in the making of this potato salad. It's made from grilled potatoes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3uxvfuu4oA
  • parityanimal
    I don't claim to know what a timpano is. But I like breakfast and the preview picture looked interesting. So here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52ffjiDgHU