Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
  • parityanimal
    Make ahead plant based lunches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijUcFJ9B-g8
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Dinner. OMG SPICY HOT!

FOOD REVIEW!

Aldi's Journey to India Vindaloo meal kit. I purchased this in late Spring I think and finally got around to tasting it tonight. I made NO adjustments to the seasoning.

I hope they bring this and the other Journey to India stuff back next year, as we've liked all the ones we ate. This was, I think, the last one to try.

The instructions said to make it with pork. Other than subbing tofu and jackfruit for the pork, I followed the box instructions.

All y'all know I like spicy hot food.

They were not fooling around with the spicy heat level on this one! I ate it but it was so hot it took me a while and was constantly sipping on my tea between bites.

As box mixes go, I'll give this one a 4 out of 5. If the spicy heat level had been turned down a notch, with, perhaps, some additional spicy heat in a separate packet, so that the cook could set their own level of heat, I might have given it a 5. I really loved the flavor of the sauce and it turned out beautifully when cooked per instructions.

Did I say I hope they bring them back next year? I think I hope they'll bring THIS one back...as I did love the flavor but DAMN FOLKS. Not even Emeril would want to kick this up another notch!

I might also mention that the peas that the front label seem to indicate are in the rice packet are actually in the sauce. Not that this is a problem, just a nit-picky detail.

I expect that was done so they could use a generic rice and potato packet for each of the different Journey to India dinners, though I suppose they could have put freeze dried peas in the generic rice and potato packet...whatever.

jqdsnij8dkur.png
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    h07CNC.jpg

FQHVsS.jpg

N3jdW3.jpg

Zvs0Fh.jpg

9erJ99.jpg

LQaJQi.jpg

ZlvoZ0.jpg

MRWK6I.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 71 degrees. The Humidity is high and there was a light drizzle out the door that ended while walking, It was no fun walking. The rain came in Wednesday afternoon and I could hear rain drops hitting the AC overnight up to at least 3AM as that was the last time I woke up, I suspect the drizzle was leftover rain so it likely continued after 3AM. I did see one Deer run out of a side street, across the road ahead of me and continue down the side road after crossing the main road, a few seconds later a car came out of that side road likely why the Deer was running.

Wednesday, Despite the Humidity I put on long pants and mowed the Yard. Why the Long pants ? To protect my legs from the whatever they are that bite and leave a itchy mark. I also Picked and consumed a bunch of Raspberries, Some had ripened too much since my last picking :(

https://www.studyfinds.org/hawaii-happiest-state-west-virginia-least-happy/
    Hawaii Happiest State In U.S., Survey Finds; West Virginia Least Happy

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218170815.html
    What happens to NC’s wild horses when a major hurricane like Florence hits?
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article217396985.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-10/add-potential-coal-ash-spills-to-hurricane-florence-s-threats
    Hurricane Risks Include Toxic Sludge and Lagoons of Pig Manure

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/10/cdc-urges-public-to-prepare-for-another-potentially-nasty-flu-season.html
    Summer just ended, but CDC officials are already urging people to prepare for another potentially nasty flu season

Bad Move IMO :(
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/america-moves-closer-to-being-a-cashless-society-2018-09-11
    America moves closer to being a cashless society
    For starters, the FDIC estimates that 7% of the U.S. population is still unbanked. In other words, they live an all-cash life, so would be entirely shut out in a cashless society. Some also like the anonymity that comes with paying cash. Others use cash for budgeting reasons (when you’re out of cash, you stop spending).
    That's me, no cash, no buy and I leave the Credit cards at home unless I expect to need one.

http://www.startribune.com/bald-eagle-lands-on-firefighters-9-11-tribute-in-minnesota/492968991/
    Bald eagle swoops in to join firefighters' 9/11 tribute in Minnesota

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello Valerie
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 74 with an expected high of 87 and 40% chance of precipitation. I've eaten but the cats have not and are about to remind me of that.

Need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and maybe get out to Ingles for some groceries that weren't available yesterday at Publix.
    Hello Ed
    I see You have mentioned Ingles more than once, is it a Town or a Grocery Store name ?

Yesterday was not a great looking day for the entire day, At one point for a few minutes there was a bright glow through the clouds and then that went away followed by the start of a soaking long duration rainfall.
    Restaurant desserts we should avoid. Like...all of them?
    Agreed, OTOH some of them are so delicious such as the Rice Pudding with Whipped Cream, their Carrot Cake, large and delicious etc. Hopefully the new owners do not make major changes. The Old owners were there for what seems like forever. Being Greek they did have some Greek dishes as Lunch Specials. Such as this one, not fattening at all despite the large portion :blush:
    https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-pastitsi-157950
    Recipe: Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake)
    They do use Ground Beef in it instead of lamb

Just for fun. GIANT veggie burger.
    That roll looks delicious OTOH
    Dinner. OMG SPICY HOT!

FOOD REVIEW!

Aldi's Journey to India Vindaloo meal kit. I purchased this in late Spring I think and finally got around to tasting it tonight. I made NO adjustments to the seasoning.

I hope they bring this and the other Journey to India stuff back next year, as we've liked all the ones we ate. This was, I think, the last one to try.

The instructions said to make it with pork. Other than subbing tofu and jackfruit for the pork, I followed the box instructions.

All y'all know I like spicy hot food.

They were not fooling around with the spicy heat level on this one! I ate it but it was so hot it took me a while and was constantly sipping on my tea between bites.

As box mixes go, I'll give this one a 4 out of 5. If the spicy heat level had been turned down a notch, with, perhaps, some additional spicy heat in a separate packet, so that the cook could set their own level of heat, I might have given it a 5. I really loved the flavor of the sauce and it turned out beautifully when cooked per instructions.

Did I say I hope they bring them back next year? I think I hope they'll bring THIS one back...as I did love the flavor but DAMN FOLKS. Not even Emeril would want to kick this up another notch!

I might also mention that the peas that the front label seem to indicate are in the rice packet are actually in the sauce. Not that this is a problem, just a nit-picky detail.

I expect that was done so they could use a generic rice and potato packet for each of the different Journey to India dinners, though I suppose they could have put freeze dried peas in the generic rice and potato packet...whatever.

jqdsnij8dkur.png
    Hmm... One of these days I should check out the local Aldi store just to see how it is.

Do they do other Journey to countries or only India ?
    I am asking as I am sure this is way to hot for me, Even some of the NS Entrees are too hot, fortunately not too many. Somehow I do not think of India food as having Potatoes.
    Being able to adjust the heat level seems like a no brainer to me which could lead to more sales. I did not realize that Emeril was know for Hot tastes in his foods.
    Freeze Dried Peas and Carrots both seem to be fine after re-hydration.

A character on a British Comedy used to mention Chicken Vindaloo as well as Curries, I just never got around to looking it up to see what it was.

As always I have the videos ready to play once I am done replying to messages :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 73 with an expected high of 90 and 40% chance of precipitation.

Heading to the doctor in a bit to discuss the lab results and do the obligatory poking and prodding and peering so he can bill the insurance an obscene amount for an office visit.

More on that after returning. I'll probably stop at a grocery on the way back home to pick up a couple of things. The only thing I miss about working at Kroger is that I'm not already at at grocery 5 days a week, making it incredibly convenient to pick up whatever few items I needed. Now I sometimes get out for a few but tend to have bigger shopping trips, which I really dislike, but at the same time can't justify the wasted gas to get non-critical items.

Ingles is a small, southeastern grocery chain. They have a number of locations but not enough to make Publix or Kroger consider them to be any real competition.

Aldi spotlights different countries/regions at different times of the year. Usually the products stay available for a couple of weeks and then what's left gets moved to the "lets get rid of this" aisle to make room for whatever comes next. Some of the better items return each year around the same time span.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Welcome back to the Wolfe pit. Let's see what he's trying for US the PEOPLE now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyk3GjG4BZ4
  • parityanimal
    Kids try pies from around the world. I could help with that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klM9S9EYco
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Can a McDonald's Happy Meal be turned into a gourmet dish? Sure. Just rename it in French to Bon Repas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RKIoedrCY
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi
    This is going to be quick...I've got more irons in the fire than this old brain is used to dealing with! I was up and still running around the house at 3 A.M.. I don't know why....but, needless to say I slept in a bit this morning. Meanwhile since I woke, I've started stripping the wallpaper in the kitchen, (the dishes were returned to the re-hung cabinet day before), a load of laundry was washed, and is now busy flopping around in the dryer...I came in here to eat my breakfast banana, and knowing I'd missed yesterday to say hello...I really haven't read the posts from the past 2 days, but I glanced at most of them....long enough to see that our very own "Humpty Dumpty" was put back together from his spill with the rock on the sidewalk. YOU DIDN"T TELL US ABOUT THE HEAD NEEDING 2 STAPLES, ETC.....Good grief man! Glad the MRI cleared any questionable brain swelling, or cracked skull, etc. That was quite a stumble you took.

Moving on....I saw several things to go back and check out...like foodie things. I saw ramen noodles...I have some, just noodles, no spice packets, etc. So will for sure be looking that over, and another with rice and veggies, etc.
    Ed, I'll skip the Hot stuff...if you thought it was hot, it would for sure have me in tears and free flowing nose, etc.!!

The wall paper, for the bit that I got off this morning is 2 layers thick, both layers are the vinyl coated stuff...looks nice, wipes off well, hell to remove. So I got the bit under the kitchen window above the sink....what maybe 6 inches high, and a double window in length...at this rate, I figure to be done by my April birthday in 2020!!!! LOL! Seriously, I will be getting one of the spray on wetting stuff, and score the paper so the wetting stuff can do its thing...
    I knew this would not be fun...I hate the wallpaper in the hall bath, but removing it has kept it from being replaced.

Ok, Much to do, You guys take care...when do the staples come out Roger? And Ed, I hope you're feeling better and can breathe again...that spicy dinner from Aldi should have helped!! I will not be buying those, so you can have my share, OK??

Oh, yesterday, Dr. Pat the Chiro, put my right shoulder and arm back into place...feels much better. No more of the rotator cuff stretching with the little overly exuberant little young trainer and her stretching....at least not for that arm. I'm not a tennis player, so if that shoulder/arm won't do a 360, I frankly don't care. :)

What else has happened around here...garbage disposal broke, and has been replaced...Antonio hung the kitchen cabinet back on the wall...that young man is a God send!

Tonite's O's gymnastics...and I haven't been to my gym in TWO days. Got my steps in the first day, but yesterday was a complete bust. Must get there today...no excuses.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    VGwXh7.jpg

7iB6MH.jpg

3Qidct.jpg

nDWalK.jpg

h6mTAx.jpg

tJI2rS.jpg

tMi4Qv.jpg

cYdpGD.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees. The Humidity is still high and the same as yesterday there was a light drizzle out the door while walking, It was no fun walking.
    I did see three deer on the outbound leg eating some of the landscaping in some homeowners front yard, then on the return leg in a different area I saw one more, The Deer are out and about this week.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-financial-crisis2008-houseflipping/how-tech-jobs-helped-rust-belt-become-house-flipping-hotspot-idUSKCN1LS1H2?il=0
    How tech jobs helped Rust Belt become house-flipping hotspot

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/728988/Cholera-outbreak-Ethiopia-Tigray-disease-holy-water
    Cholera outbreak 'sparked by HOLY WATER' as deadly disease kills 10 and infects 1,200
    A CHOLERA outbreak that has left 10 dead in two weeks is being blamed on Holy Water.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/chicago-sets-up-universal-income-task-force-as-city-seeks-ways-to-tackle-poverty.html
    Chicago sets up universal income task force as city seeks ways to tackle poverty

https://apnews.com/0f70d30d6bcf49bba9eb58cb91f09184
    Some McDonald's workers vote to strike over sex harassment

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/09/12/national-hurricane-center-director-florence/
    ‘This One Really Scares Me’: Nat’l Hurricane Center Director On Florence

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 73 with an expected high of 90 and 40% chance of precipitation.

Heading to the doctor in a bit to discuss the lab results and do the obligatory poking and prodding and peering so he can bill the insurance an obscene amount for an office visit.

More on that after returning. I'll probably stop at a grocery on the way back home to pick up a couple of things. The only thing I miss about working at Kroger is that I'm not already at at grocery 5 days a week, making it incredibly convenient to pick up whatever few items I needed. Now I sometimes get out for a few but tend to have bigger shopping trips, which I really dislike, but at the same time can't justify the wasted gas to get non-critical items.

Ingles is a small, southeastern grocery chain. They have a number of locations but not enough to make Publix or Kroger consider them to be any real competition.

Aldi spotlights different countries/regions at different times of the year. Usually the products stay available for a couple of weeks and then what's left gets moved to the "lets get rid of this" aisle to make room for whatever comes next. Some of the better items return each year around the same time span.
    Hi Ed
    Our weather forecast for today through Sunday showed a 10% chance of rain, since there was a light mist falling as I left the house and it had been falling long enough that the ground was wet with some puddles I am calling today as 100% rain chance in reality. The Clouds were low enough that I could hear the planes flying overhead and could not see a trace of them.

Not being able to pick up items daily is not what I would have thought as the drawback of not working at Krogers, I would have suspected that the money would be ahead of that :smile:

Since I hate shopping a occasional large shopping trip beats more frequent small ones :wink:

The not staying around for long with frequent changes sounds like a strategy to encourage more frequent visits by shoppers.
    Kids try pies from around the world. I could help with that...
    Pies :wink: OTOH they do come in all types including types like a Chicken Pot Pie...
    Can a McDonald's Happy Meal be turned into a gourmet dish? Sure. Just rename it in French to Bon Repas.
    From the image it was a bit more than a rename, As usual I have not watched then videos yet, Later for that.

Thanks for the Video Links
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    This is going to be quick...I've got more irons in the fire than this old brain is used to dealing with! I was up and still running around the house at 3 A.M.. I don't know why....but, needless to say I slept in a bit this morning. Meanwhile since I woke, I've started stripping the wallpaper in the kitchen, (the dishes were returned to the re-hung cabinet day before), a load of laundry was washed, and is now busy flopping around in the dryer...I came in here to eat my breakfast banana, and knowing I'd missed yesterday to say hello...I really haven't read the posts from the past 2 days, but I glanced at most of them....long enough to see that our very own "Humpty Dumpty" was put back together from his spill with the rock on the sidewalk. YOU DIDN"T TELL US ABOUT THE HEAD NEEDING 2 STAPLES, ETC.....Good grief man! Glad the MRI cleared any questionable brain swelling, or cracked skull, etc. That was quite a stumble you took.
    Hi Valerie
    Oops, Not a MRI, a Catscan...

The report is full of things like, the ventricles, suici, and cisterns are age appropriate for age ???

The Person who reported the results to me said it looked good. Our family is known for having thick Skulls :wink: The Staples were a result of the darn curb that sticks up out of the ground. I think I might have mentioned, Wet Black rock slightly larger than a Brick blending into the ground due to the rain and slightly compromised vision due to the Hood on the rain Poncho. I have to blame something don't I ?
    Yesterday I was back there and I took that offending rock and chucked it into the overgrowth to one side !
    No Black Eye either.
    Moving on....I saw several things to go back and check out...like foodie things. I saw ramen noodles...I have some, just noodles, no spice packets, etc. So will for sure be looking that over, and another with rice and veggies, etc.
    Ed, I'll skip the Hot stuff...if you thought it was hot, it would for sure have me in tears and free flowing nose, etc.!!

The wall paper, for the bit that I got off this morning is 2 layers thick, both layers are the vinyl coated stuff...looks nice, wipes off well, hell to remove. So I got the bit under the kitchen window above the sink....what maybe 6 inches high, and a double window in length...at this rate, I figure to be done by my April birthday in 2020!!!! LOL! Seriously, I will be getting one of the spray on wetting stuff, and score the paper so the wetting stuff can do its thing...
    I knew this would not be fun...I hate the wallpaper in the hall bath, but removing it has kept it from being replaced.
    OTOH the Seasoning packet with the ramen noodles do have a lot of sodium...

I do not hate Wallpaper TBH, I have seen them complain on the shows I watch about flipping houses. Where and how they get that huge spatula under the house to flip it :wink: Sorry, just my sense of humor that my brother says is weird :smiley:

I'll take wallpaper over textured ceiling and walls anytime, When I see a texture on them I wonder what poor workmanship they are concealing. Not to mention some of the textures I've seen make me wonder how they can be cleaned. Good Luck, Hopefully the Wetting Agent works for You.
    Ok, Much to do, You guys take care...when do the staples come out Roger? And Ed, I hope you're feeling better and can breathe again...that spicy dinner from Aldi should have helped!! I will not be buying those, so you can have my share, OK??

Oh, yesterday, Dr. Pat the Chiro, put my right shoulder and arm back into place...feels much better. No more of the rotator cuff stretching with the little overly exuberant little young trainer and her stretching....at least not for that arm. I'm not a tennis player, so if that shoulder/arm won't do a 360, I frankly don't care. :)

What else has happened around here...garbage disposal broke, and has been replaced...Antonio hung the kitchen cabinet back on the wall...that young man is a God send!

Tonite's O's gymnastics...and I haven't been to my gym in TWO days. Got my steps in the first day, but yesterday was a complete bust. Must get there today...no excuses.

Later...
    They Said 7 days, since it happened on Sunday, I plan to hit the urgent Care Sunday when they open. We have a plethora of those around here, Usually this one if needed and the Doctor isn't open. I have to have them update the Medicare card data since I did get the new one with a different number.
    http://www.medemerge.com/
    No reason not to get the Flu Shot while I am there for the Staples.
    Makes sense to me that if it caused problems not to do that exercise. I was never a tennis player so...

FWIW I look at it like this, If I miss something oh well, I move on. There are worse things in life than not getting to the Gym.

Enjoy the Gymnastics
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 74 with an expected high of 94 (I think Summer is back!) and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed this morning's (and every morning's) cats. Might do a bit of laundry but might not. A nap is in order as I didn't sleep all that well last night. Also hope to go and get the first round of the new and improved Shingles vaccine today, as I got the prescription for it yesterday at my doctor's office. All my blood tests looked pretty good.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    This is a pasta bowl I could really get into. Or that could get into me as I'd eat it after eating the pasta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A2w2yWGlY
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    I'll go for the $29 meat, thanks, unless, of course, someone else is paying for it. As an example of that, I've eaten at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse once in my life. Someone else paid. I must say the food was quite good, but not worth what my rich friends paid for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFmQmqNAmfo
  • parityanimal
    OK. Whoever invented this recipe must have totally lost his/her mind. And I am concerned about Emmy because she made it. I will watch to see if it actually ended up edible...I DO like the "surprise" cake made with tomato soup...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bghWnedqHGo