Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    To keep you giggling til I get here late again tomorrow....
    La Crosse. They really do whack each other with their basket sticks...Nate got caught tripping...not sure if he meant to or not, didn't think to ask him. It was 'misty', and then raining, and raining wind, etc. We all wore rain gear, umbrella's, etc. And, Jack said that Yes the game goes on unless there is 'close' lightening....well, that's something, I guess. It was fun...don't think I'd sit thru EVERY rainy game, but just to sit in the rain, watching a game I don't understand,(Past the obvious catch the ball, run, throw, pass, etc)
    Came home and threw my soaked clothes into the dryer! I had thoughts of going to the gym after they dried...changed my mind. Going to stay home finish up a couple of things, and go to bed really early!
    See you in the morning....

The La Crosse grammie....MeMe and PaPa, were there for a bit, but went home. (Jenn's Mom and her husband) .They were not impressed. Oh well...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    cw73FN.jpg

WxgUue.jpg

8cHtkc.jpg

jXvDBp.jpg

glS4hl.jpg

j6fysa.jpg

GxuAjG.jpg

VXMuds.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and one thin dime found. The Temperature out the door was 65 degrees. The Humidity is the same as yesterdays. When I out the door I could see a partly cloudy sky and I could see stars in the clear area of the sky. As I was walking the stars disappeared behind clouds that had moved in. According to the weather forecast the Clouds are remnants of Florence and Rain should be moving in later today through tomorrow with occasional Thunderstorms.

A Little Humor now:
    A software developer, a hardware engineer and a mid-level manager were on their way to a conference center located near the top of a mountain. After the conference, they were driving down the steep mountain road and suddenly the brakes on their car failed. The car careened almost out of control down the road, bouncing off the crash barriers, until it miraculously ground to a halt scraping along the mountainside. The car's occupants, shaken but unhurt, now had a problem: they were stuck halfway down a mountain in a car with no brakes. What were they to do?
    The manager said, "Let's have a meeting, propose a Vision, formulate a Mission Statement, define some Goals, and by a process of Continuous Improvement find a solution to the Critical Problems, and we can be on our way."
    "No, no," said the hardware engineer. "That will take far too long, and besides, that method has never worked before. I've got my Swiss Army knife with me, and in no time at all I can strip down the car's braking system, isolate the fault, fix it, and we can be on our way."
    "Well," said the software developer, "Before we do anything, I think we should push the car back to the top of the mountain and see if it happens again."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tanyachen/people-are-cracking-up-at-this-weather-reporter-being
    People Are Cracking Up At This Video Of A Weather Channel Reporter Being A Little Dramatic During Hurricane Florence

https://pilotonline.com/news/article_911ae608-a315-5233-9fc3-0894a8ae3a5f.html
    "Dog food and wine!" First grocery store reopens Saturday, draws hundreds in Wilmington, N.C.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/121965000-government-health-insurance-522-those-incomes-under-75000
    121,965,000 on Government Health Insurance; 52.2% of Those With Incomes Under $75,000

Great, Not.
    https://www.recode.net/2018/9/10/17797720/amazon-is-stuffing-its-search-results-pages-with-ads
    Amazon is stuffing its search results pages with ads
    And they seem to be working.

http://www.fltimes.com/tns/international/maduro-s-huge-salary-increases-force-percent-of-venezuelan-stores/article_c1492765-34d4-55dc-87bb-ec97b8abe142.html
    Maduro's huge salary increases force 40% percent of Venezuelan stores to close

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/weather/storms/article_456dddea-b828-11e8-bd87-8b45be9582d9.html
    Outer Banks "dodged a bullet" with Hurricane Florence

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/739607-wwii-u-boat-capture/
    WWII U-Boat Capture

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 72 with an expected high of only 78 and 70% chance of precipitation. Since the same forecast says we're currently experiencing a rain shower, I can't say why it doesn't say 100% chance.

On the other hand, it's not actually raining at our house, despite the report saying that it is, so maybe the 70% is accurate for us. :)

I think M and F are leaving today to go back to Kentucky, and if so there will be laundry to accomplish. The party yesterday was nice. M and F went flea marketing (but didn't buy any fleas) and then sight seeing while J and I were at the party.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed today's STARVING cats.
    Hi Ed
    Yesterday the high temperature was in the mid 80s...
    My best guess and it is a guess is that the Rain Showers are not everywhere and therefore the 70%, I could also be wrong.
    Russian Honey Cake recipe.
    That looks tasty if delicious
    Teens try Filipino food.
    That looks like something I would eat, OTOH I may change my mind once I watch the Video.
    BTW, Is it just me or are there more advertisements before the video play compared to a while ago.

Not to much more for me to say today.

Thanks for the video links.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Its noon...I've gotten not much done. So, its Hello Its Sunday, and see you later today. Even watched Big Red, the Cajun guy. (I don't usually) The french dressing caught my eye. I remember making that. I also watched the video's I've missed up to the 13th. Its a start.
    I've cleaned one bathroom,(I have two) unloaded the bottom half of the dishwasher, top half needed some air drying time, etc..so my day is going in halves.
    Nate's La Crosse game is at 3:30...and at least half hour to get there...so, something to eat before I go, shower, gym, and the other 'halfs' needs to all be done.. Wish me luck.
    Oh, I ate my banana, and Tom E. has been fed. Sorry to hear your sink was clogged up Ed...however it is the cutest clog I think I've ever seen! She's a sweety!
    Roger, thanks for explaining to me how you're still eating raspberries.......and so much more, just not right this minute!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Darn it, Now that You mention it I need to clean the Ground floor bathroom, not my favorite chore :(

My Apologies for not mentioning the Staples right away, I considered them a minor speed bump in my life.
    They were removed Saturday Morning, The Scab that was there is gone, as a result I washed my hair yesterday, it needed it too :smiley:
    To keep you giggling til I get here late again tomorrow....
    La Crosse. They really do whack each other with their basket sticks...Nate got caught tripping...not sure if he meant to or not, didn't think to ask him. It was 'misty', and then raining, and raining wind, etc. We all wore rain gear, umbrella's, etc. And, Jack said that Yes the game goes on unless there is 'close' lightening....well, that's something, I guess. It was fun...don't think I'd sit thru EVERY rainy game, but just to sit in the rain, watching a game I don't understand,(Past the obvious catch the ball, run, throw, pass, etc)
    Came home and threw my soaked clothes into the dryer! I had thoughts of going to the gym after they dried...changed my mind. Going to stay home finish up a couple of things, and go to bed really early!
    See you in the morning....

The La Crosse grammie....MeMe and PaPa, were there for a bit, but went home. (Jenn's Mom and her husband) .They were not impressed. Oh well...

Later...
    That is a game I do not understand either. I do wonder how they can even catch the ball let alone pass it to the proper person. Interesting that they whack each other with the basket sticks.

Different sports have more or less interest :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 68 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to fold the towels from yesterday's laundry run.

Also need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats and kitten. They aren't quite eyeing me hungrily yet, but in time...

zexl6qppu7bp.png

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Worlds largest deliverable pizza. How they make it, and deliver it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hogIc_KLTLU
  • parityanimal
    $2 curry vs. $75 curry. I'll shoot for somewhere on the lower end of that particular scale...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JmA5_gHrrM
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Making elegant braised lamb shanks. Sounds tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tExkEzS88Po
  • parityanimal
    The secret to a perfect pie crust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHEoRxiWvTc
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Been up for awhile... same old story...laundry, sweeper, etc..its the etc. that keeps one busy, right.
    While typing I'm listening to the docuseries, Remedy. Interesting. Had to laugh. The night they talked about the microbiome, and mentioned the microbiome, both internal and external...I have friends that hearing parts of that might send some people I know to drink bleach....'kill your microbiome today, die tomorrow.' Could we call that 'germ warfare?' (my comment not theirs). Lots of talk about medicinal mushrooms, (no not the 'funny ones'), and foods, etc. Its interesting. I have eaten, and some I regularly eat, cuz they're tasty! My fav. was ones in MO we searched for in the spring... morels! Look like little christmas trees made from a sponge! Mom was sure they were full of bugs, germs, etc...I mean they grew in the woods, right? Then she'd dry them off, and batter them, and fry them....they were delicious! I see them occassionally at WF. Selling @ something like $48 a pound! Now, a pound of those little devils would feed all of us, and a few friends probably. They are very rich!
    I see the wind picking up outside...wonder what weather system is coming.? Would be a good day for garden...blow those damn mosquitos to 'Pest Heaven/Hell' LOL!!
    Ok, laundry is in the dryer, and much to be done around here today...and a trip to the gym, since that did not happen yesterday...AND I really need to make a trip to the grocery. Cat food down 2.5 days..although there is plenty of kibble. BUT.....

I enjoyed so many of the video, and want to mess with the Keto bread in 90 seconds. That looks like it might come in handy!
    And, the baby with a seat belt across its little face...oh my, the story about Walter Summerford, scary! And the microwave in the bathroom...thats just a 'NO', Nope, uh...just no!! Yuck factor for the day!!

Later...

• parityanimal
    Tonight's hash of steak and potatoes with scrambled egg and sourdough toast.

jgusy9k4spjt.png
  • RogerToo
    tmQjRQ.jpg

MhlghQ.jpg

8376p6.jpg

nUEIL5.jpg

FBSthd.jpg

c8uYuP.jpg

qfB0TB.jpg

8ocQ9y.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no cents found. The Temperature out the door was 75 degrees 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. When I left the house it was dry outside which is why I decided to go walking. About 30 minutes into the walk I took shelter under a tree while I struggled with the rain Poncho which was giving me problems due to the breeze. I ended up turning for home at that point and the rain became moderately heavy :(
    According to the weather forecast the remnants of Florence AKA Leftovers according to the weather forecast will become worse as the day progresses with 1 to 2 inches of rain.

Yesterday was a day of good and bad news. The good, the scale is treating me OK. The weather was not too bad and I ordered 5 NS gift cards from CostCo where they are on sale at $59.95 for $100 face Value, Thank You Irene for the heads up.
    The Bad happened when my Brother went to dry a load of clothes and all the dryer did was give off a loud AC Hum and not spin. The Most likely candidate is that the motor has seized, less likely would be a bad bearing in a Pulley or a belt tensioning pulley, since I was fine when I dried my last load the other day... :(
    A new dryer is likely in the near future since neither of us wants to use a laundromat dryer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/archaeologists-discover-ancient-sphinx-egypt-111609878.html
    and
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/egyptian-archaeologists-sandstone-sphinx-temple-aswan-185143622.html
    Archaeologists discover ancient sphinx in Egypt

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heart-health/daily-aspirin-may-be-harmful-healthy-older-adults-large-study-n909791
    Daily aspirin may be harmful for healthy, older adults, large study finds
    No detectable benefit seen from regular use of low-dose aspirin for people 70 and older who don't have heart disease, researchers say.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 68 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to fold the towels from yesterday's laundry run.

Also need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats and kitten. They aren't quite eyeing me hungrily yet, but in time...
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the chuckle with the image
    yesterday we hit 100% with light rain in the afternoon, Today another 100% rain day with the leftovers from Florence, Oh well. Highs around 80 if the weatherman is to be believed from this mornings weather report.
    Worlds largest deliverable pizza. How they make it, and deliver it.
    Once I watch it my questions will likely be answered, Why ? How do You lift it intact and maybe how many $$
    It does look good OTOH, I wonder if it is a regular Pizza Oven or a special one
    Making elegant braised lamb shanks. Sounds tasty.
    Nothing I would eat since I do not eat lamb nor seafood, Possibly I am deprived, OTOH There are enough tasty options to eat.
    $2 curry vs. $75 curry. I'll shoot for somewhere on the lower end of that particular scale...
    Same thing as above, I do not recall ever having a curry. I am somewhat interested in trying something from a Halal Eatery that also has a shelf of foods to sell since it is nearby. If You have had anything from a Halal eatery, keeping in mind I do not like Hot AKA spicy foods, any suggestions on what to try. I gather the meats for example are treated similarly to Kosher Meats.
    The secret to a perfect pie crust?
    I have a recollection that one secret ? is to not overwork it and to use cold Butter not room temperature. The easiest is to find one that You like in the refrigerator section at the Grocery Store :blush:
    Tonight's hash of steak and potatoes with scrambled egg and sourdough toast.
    That looked pretty good overall, I think I would have toasted the bread a bit more as I like my toast nearly burnt. I see someone took the easy way with the plate for the toast, I tend to use disposable too. I also reuse the Containers from Chinese Takeout and NS, Call me cheap :smiley:
    I would have likely had more eggs and a taste of the potatoes as the Carbs AKA Starchy foods make me retain water and feel overly warm.

The last Ham and Cheese Omelets I had I put the Home Fries in a plastic take out container and my brother used them with his breakfast the next day. There was enough carbs in the Rye or Whole Wheat toast for me. I passed them on since I hate waste.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Been up for awhile... same old story...laundry, sweeper, etc..its the etc. that keeps one busy, right.
    While typing I'm listening to the docuseries, Remedy. Interesting. Had to laugh. The night they talked about the microbiome, and mentioned the microbiome, both internal and external...I have friends that hearing parts of that might send some people I know to drink bleach....'kill your microbiome today, die tomorrow.' Could we call that 'germ warfare?' (my comment not theirs). Lots of talk about medicinal mushrooms, (no not the 'funny ones'), and foods, etc. Its interesting. I have eaten, and some I regularly eat, cuz they're tasty! My fav. was ones in MO we searched for in the spring... morels! Look like little christmas trees made from a sponge! Mom was sure they were full of bugs, germs, etc...I mean they grew in the woods, right? Then she'd dry them off, and batter them, and fry them....they were delicious! I see them occassionally at WF. Selling @ something like $48 a pound! Now, a pound of those little devils would feed all of us, and a few friends probably. They are very rich!
    Hi Valerie
    I see Morels used on cooking shows and I would not pay that much for any fungus :wink:

Yesterday my brother said I need to pick up the apple that fell off of the tree and see how it tastes. That is the first one since they were planted :smile: He did not realize that the protective anti deer cage was loose against the fence he thought it was secured hence asking me to get it. Something had damaged it in two spots and teeny tiny ants were all over it. I used the knife we keep in the garden to cut off the damage and that got rid of the ants. It was pretty tasty too. Now if next year we get more than one :smiley:

Medicinal Mushrooms is what the Hippies called the ones that gave them a trip :smiley:
    I see the wind picking up outside...wonder what weather system is coming.? Would be a good day for garden...blow those damn mosquitos to 'Pest Heaven/Hell' LOL!!
    Ok, laundry is in the dryer, and much to be done around here today...and a trip to the gym, since that did not happen yesterday...AND I really need to make a trip to the grocery. Cat food down 2.5 days..although there is plenty of kibble. BUT.....

I enjoyed so many of the video, and want to mess with the Keto bread in 90 seconds. That looks like it might come in handy!
    And, the baby with a seat belt across its little face...oh my, the story about Walter Summerford, scary! And the microwave in the bathroom...thats just a 'NO', Nope, uh...just no!! Yuck factor for the day!!

Later...
    I'm with You always have some reserve foods on hand.
    I had a suspicion the baby and seat-belt might have been staged ?
    Summerford did have what we refer to as a "If it wasn't for Bad luck I'd have no luck at all" person.

Not to sanitary putting something You heat food to eat in the bathroom, Just WOW.

Have a good day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 69 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and also get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. I think I have one little bit of folded towels left to put away because they go to the hall bathroom and it wasn't available at the time I was folding the towels so I haven't delivered that bit yet.

Might get out to Kroger to see if they have any more of J's favorite Mt. Dew since they had it 3 for $10 this week (through today) and I cleared the shelf yesterday. If they have put some more up, I'll get some more while it's at that price. The price just doesn't get better on that so I might as well stock up while it's on that sale if I can.

Oliver had fun knocking some old dead plant pots over this morning and then tried to pounce on my hand when I was cleaning it up. He's definitely ALL KITTEN.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Would you buy $140 dog food? I wouldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LIOyvPfRo0
  • parityanimal