Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 71 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

There is a pool party supposed to happen this afternoon, but not at the usual location. It's at one of our alternate locations, not as spacious a venue, and there will not be burgers and dogs, but deli sandwiches instead. I do not have baked beans in the oven. Woke up with that darn sinus headache. It's a bit better now, and my breathing is pretty clear, at least when sitting upright, but that nasty taste is still at the back of my throat and I haven't prepared anything for the party. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going but I think it may be wiser to stay home and nap. J can go without me, and will go without me if I decide for sure to not go. He always helps keep things sorted out with the donations and all. I usually help with arranging the food, making sure everything has a serving utensil stuck in it, if it needs one, keeping an eye on the ice, etc. But I'm sure they can manage that without me.

I'm not sure if I would have made beans anyway, though I guess they would have been a decent side dish with deli sandwiches. I would still have time to make a a quick noodle dish if I decided to go. Or just bring nothing, as I have, on occasion done, when we had other things we had to do prior to a party.

J is not up yet, so I don't have to decide right now.

I did get that laundry folded and put away yesterday. Now I get to ponder the "regular" clothes, though that one is not critical as yet. In the summer I tend to wear gym shorts and a tee most of the time at home, and if I go anywhere that doesn't require long pants, just change to a pair of regular shorts and add a shirt, socks, and shoes.

So the "regular clothes" bin doesn't fill up so fast.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned and feed the cats in a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Chefs vs. "normals" reviewing summer kitchen gadgets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nStUL4W0-g
  • parityanimal
    Grain of salt time. Maybe a whole can of Kosher salt. Things people do that interfere with burning belly fat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXt7YUZOKY
  • parityanimal
    Kids eat weird food combinations - peanuts in Coke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV2BWUgbptg
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Kids try 90's and retro cereals they've never heard of. There might even be some 90's cereals I never noticed, as I didn't eat a lot of cereal then. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsgyFG9Hl5M
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed...these video's! LOL! I agree a whole can of Kosher Salt for losing wt. Working at the gym, and watching people try various weird things to lose weight...I could tell stories....OMG!
    Peanuts and Coke...thats not new...just revisited! I remember that from high school. LOL!
    Kitchen gadgets...wasn't exactly gadgets, and that BBQ apron. What would be the point of carrying cans of Bud around next to your body, and the hot grill?? Easy recipe for disaster!!
    I will watch the retro cereals shortly, but for not its back into the kitchen for this stripping wench!! :):)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    And from New Jersey.... https://weather.com/news/trending/video/a-flying-raccoon?pl=pl-the-latest
    Little rascals. Bet he was sore in the morning!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    sKxseo.jpg

ujb9d7.jpg

sH55L6.jpg

P9vMng.jpg

RF57Zb.jpg
    That'll work, Not

vP1jwz.jpg

Ib1vgL.jpg

coIINE.jpg

77hZVl.jpg
    Why this one, I just liked the looks :smiley:

m1X2rW.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 61 degrees and comfortable. When I left the house it was dry outside except for the occasional drizzle that became heavier after I picked up my coffee.

https://abc7.com/4297967/

Mother arrested for taking phone away from teenage daughter

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yellowstone-thermal-spring-erupts-4th-time-60-years-205633388.html
    Yellowstone thermal spring erupts for 4th time in 60 years
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1020357/yellowstone-volcano-eruption-geysers-earthquake-thermal-activity
    Yellowstone VOLCANO LATEST: Geysers shooting ROCKS and steam - thermal activity INCREASES

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-sets-traps-for-drivers-2018-9
    Amazon plants fake packages in delivery trucks as part of an undercover ploy to 'trap' drivers who are stealing
    Shrinkage — the industry's term for losses attributable to theft, error, or fraud — cost retailers nearly $47 billion last year, according to the National Retail Federation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-19/next-big-geomagnetic-storm-poses-astronomical-risk-modern-man
    The Next Big Geomagnetic Storm Poses An Astronomical Risk To Modern Man

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7311908/next-flu-could-be-deadlier-than-spanish-flu-affecting-400million/
    RISK TO MANKIND Next flu pandemic could be ‘DEADLIER than Spanish flu – wiping out 400 million across the globe’
    Pandemic infection is considered one of the biggest threats to mankind by governments across the globe

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/fda-links-popular-flea-tick-medications-to-neurological-problems-in-dogs-cats/
    FDA Links Popular Flea, Tick Medications To Neurological Problems In Dogs, Cats

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/20/popular-keto-low-carb-diet-could-have-long-term-consequences-new-studies-reveal/\
    Popular Keto Low-Carb Diet Could Have Long-Term Consequences, New Studies Reveal

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 71 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

There is a pool party supposed to happen this afternoon, but not at the usual location. It's at one of our alternate locations, not as spacious a venue, and there will not be burgers and dogs, but deli sandwiches instead. I do not have baked beans in the oven. Woke up with that darn sinus headache. It's a bit better now, and my breathing is pretty clear, at least when sitting upright, but that nasty taste is still at the back of my throat and I haven't prepared anything for the party. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going but I think it may be wiser to stay home and nap. J can go without me, and will go without me if I decide for sure to not go. He always helps keep things sorted out with the donations and all. I usually help with arranging the food, making sure everything has a serving utensil stuck in it, if it needs one, keeping an eye on the ice, etc. But I'm sure they can manage that without me.

I'm not sure if I would have made beans anyway, though I guess they would have been a decent side dish with deli sandwiches. I would still have time to make a a quick noodle dish if I decided to go. Or just bring nothing, as I have, on occasion done, when we had other things we had to do prior to a party.
    Hi Ed
    Hmm...
    Bad Sinus headache would be a no go for me.

Cold Baked Beans like the homemade ones made starting with dried beans is pretty tasty, I do think a hot bean dish OTOH would not work with Deli, at least for me.

Side Dishes to me would be Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, maybe a Olive mix or Cheese chunks :wink:
    There is nothing worse than a dish with no utensil :smiley:

Just curious, what type of Noodle Dish ?
    J is not up yet, so I don't have to decide right now.

I did get that laundry folded and put away yesterday. Now I get to ponder the "regular" clothes, though that one is not critical as yet. In the summer I tend to wear gym shorts and a tee most of the time at home, and if I go anywhere that doesn't require long pants, just change to a pair of regular shorts and add a shirt, socks, and shoes.

So the "regular clothes" bin doesn't fill up so fast.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned and feed the cats in a bit.
    Yesterday, Friday, The New Dryer arrived early and as I was out on the road delivering Sliced Metwurst, a type of sliced dried sausage, The one You typically see in a Italian Deli with what looks like white salt leaching onto the outside and a couple of sleeves of Ritz Crackers, A Unopened jar of Peanut Butter and the other two sleeves of crackers. That should be tasty and gets rid of temptation too :wink:
    Then I was in CVS looking for something my brother wanted when the cellphone went off that the Dryer delivery was already there and they could not find the Gas Shutoff. So home where I found the the shutoff and the dryer was installed. It has a feature we will likely never use. That would be a Shelf that clips into the Lint trap area to dry things like sneakers. Later I read the manual since this one is more complicated than the one it is replacing.

That is similar to myself, I wear a pair of black elastic waist shorts and T-Shirt and change into outdoor shorts or long pants with a belt and the same Pocket T-Shirt.
    Chefs vs. "normals" reviewing summer kitchen gadgets.
    Summer Gadgets ? I know I will have to look and see what they are.
    Grain of salt time. Maybe a whole can of Kosher salt. Things people do that interfere with burning belly fat.
    Another one that is set to look at after I do messaging here on MFP.
    Kids eat weird food combinations - peanuts in Coke.
    That does not sound good to me, What do I know OTOH.
    Kids try 90's and retro cereals they've never heard of. There might even be some 90's cereals I never noticed, as I didn't eat a lot of cereal then. :)
    I did eat cereal then and later in life with nothing for breakfast in between, unless it was a free McDonalds Breakfast of some type, even then more likely Black unsweetened coffee. And later in the day Seltzer which can be had at McDonalds FWIW.

Thank You for the Video links, I have them opened in different tabs and paused.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ed...these video's! LOL! I agree a whole can of Kosher Salt for losing wt. Working at the gym, and watching people try various weird things to lose weight...I could tell stories....OMG!
    Peanuts and Coke...thats not new...just revisited! I remember that from high school. LOL!
    Kitchen gadgets...wasn't exactly gadgets, and that BBQ apron. What would be the point of carrying cans of Bud around next to your body, and the hot grill?? Easy recipe for disaster!!
    I will watch the retro cereals shortly, but for not its back into the kitchen for this stripping wench!! :):)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Peanuts and Coke was a real thing, I had guessed it was joke.

Whats the worst that could happen, the Beer gets so hot it pops the top and spurts all over ?

Don't overdo it, that is a problem for myself and my brother.
    And from New Jersey.... https://weather.com/news/trending/video/a-flying-raccoon?pl=pl-the-latest
    Little rascals. Bet he was sore in the morning!
    As destructive as Squirrels can be, Talking to the mailman and he had a lot of damage in his garden from squirrels too. The same complaint, they would eat half of a tomato and later on eat half of a different one. You look and see a nice ripe tomato and when You go to pick it the back half is gone :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 67 with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of precipitation.

J had a good time at the party yesterday and after he came back we had dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant. I spent the afternoon and early evening resting, some of it at the computer and some of it horizontally, with my nap buddy, Kiara.

For the moment I feel pretty decent but the day is early, and you know how that goes. After a decent night's sleep you might feel great for a while but it wears off.

I thought breakfast was going to be some of J's leftover pizza from Friday night but it seemed to have disappeared during the night and the pizza box was on the sofa with only a few crumbs in it. This was good as I didn't really want that for breakfast but didn't want it to go to waste either. I guess it might have gone to waist. But not mine!

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. The dishwasher is running now.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Pine needle tea? Interesting, but I think I'll pass. But I do want to see if Emmy liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-b1ShV2Kzg
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    I love pannettone! How it's made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZLGD41F2M
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    And...for dessert (that we're NOT eating), cream puffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KbrKbO1eAs
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    OMG! For a real giggle, play Chef John at half speed and it sounds like he's drunk. When playing the two videos above, click the little settings "gear" down in the lower right bottom of the play window and change the playback speed to .5 to slow him down.
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 67 with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of precipitation.

J had a good time at the party yesterday and after he came back we had dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant. I spent the afternoon and early evening resting, some of it at the computer and some of it horizontally, with my nap buddy, Kiara.

For the moment I feel pretty decent but the day is early, and you know how that goes. After a decent night's sleep you might feel great for a while but it wears off.

I thought breakfast was going to be some of J's leftover pizza from Friday night but it seemed to have disappeared during the night and the pizza box was on the sofa with only a few crumbs in it. This was good as I didn't really want that for breakfast but didn't want it to go to waste either. I guess it might have gone to waist. But not mine!

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and feed the cats. The dishwasher is running now.
    Hi Ed
    Things are drying off outside after the light drizzle dampened them, It feels cold inside today and I can not run the heat :(
    I will explain, I have been procrastinating on replacing the furnace Cement where the exhaust from the furnace goes into the chimney. After feeling cold this morning inside the house I went down cleaned the dust off of it, sprayed it to moisten per the directions and now the cement need to harden. One part of the directions say apply to a vold surface, Oh well, Now I pay for procrastinating by feeling cold.

I have noticed that myself, You wake up feeling pretty good and as the day passes You feel worse.

I do that too, sometimes I eat something just so it doesn't go to waste so what happens ? It goes to Waist. I like Cold Pizza, At least that way the sauce and toppings do not try and slide off :smiley:

Our Dishwasher is not even walking since the dishwasher is usually me.
    I love pannettone! How it's made.
    I like it too both cold and toasted
    And...for dessert (that we're NOT eating), cream puffs.
    The last commercial Cream Puffs I have had from more than one different source always seem to leave a slight chemical taste in my mouth.
    OMG! For a real giggle, play Chef John at half speed and it sounds like he's drunk. When playing the two videos above, click the little settings "gear" down in the lower right bottom of the play window and change the playback speed to .5 to slow him down.
    I did know that feature is available, I just never tried it. I did have a DVR that had a 1.2 speed that was handy to get through things quicker and since it corrected the pitch so it stayed the same, I liked it until I could not use it due to the service being upgraded.

I'm off to view the new videos :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi!
    There is NO progress going on today in this house. That has to change!
    Loved the video's. Something about Chef John's sing-songy way of speaking drives me crazy. He sounds much better at .5. I tried .75 but it was still sing/song....My mother used to once in awhile make cream puffs. Always a great treat!
    I haven't watched them make the Pantone Bread. I LOVE that stuff. I 'used to' a long time ago eat one of the big ones around the Christmas holiday...So good! So 'wrong'! slices put into the toaster oven with a slice of cheese and toasted was amazing! As was butter or peanut butter, etc. Good thing I'm heading out for the gym shortly.

I discovered changing audio speed when I was taking a nutrition class from a couple prof's in N. Carolina! I could speed up their lectures..and they were still very understandable, and only half hour long, instead of the full hour! Saved me lots of time!

Ed, its hours later...hope you're still feeling pretty good like this morning!
    I'm waiting for the 'mood' to strip returns sometime this afternoon, after gym walk.

Roger, sad to say I watched that rotten raccoon fling himself off the side of that building and fall 9 stories!! Amazed he quickly got up, and ran away!!
    Yep. peanuts in Coke was a real thing...The salty sweet Coke was good. (I was in high school.)

Ok, off to endure a date with the TM.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Did it! Stayed on the TM for as long as I could tolerate. Had I stayed another 20-ish minutes I would be good for the day...but, nooooooo! So, Fitbit just tapped me and the display says I need another 149 steps to 'Win the Hour'...
    So, a-stepping I shall go.

Later...