Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    edited September 2018
    Italian mammas vs amateur cooks. A bit unfair since the mamas were giving instructions, in Italian, to people who didn't speak the language. I think they did quite well under the circumstances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7Xw1KW-Xk
  • parityanimal
    More pretentious ingredient tasting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tPNEfma-4I
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Nothing I would eat since I do not eat lamb nor seafood, Possibly I am deprived, OTOH There are enough tasty options to eat.

Same thing as above, I do not recall ever having a curry. I am somewhat interested in trying something from a Halal Eatery that also has a shelf of foods to sell since it is nearby. If You have had anything from a Halal eatery, keeping in mind I do not like Hot AKA spicy foods, any suggestions on what to try. I gather the meats for example are treated similarly to Kosher Meats.

I'm sure the same technique used on the lamb would work nicely for beef.

Yes, the Halal meats are about the same as kosher, except without the blessing of a rabbi. I think Halal may not have the restriction against having dairy with meat, but I'm not sure.

You might like a Shwarma wrap or Gyro wrap if they have that sort of thing, and I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you which items are not spicy.

Maybe you could even try some lamb or goat that they have prepared, just to see if you like it!

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Oh how I loved Gyro wraps!!! Do try one Roger. They are not hot spicy. Or I should say I've never eaten one that was spicy. Expect to see lettuce, tomato, and sometimes cucumber along with the dressing, and the meat. IS GOOD!!!
    Also, many/most places use half beef and half lamb which ground then shaped and cooked before its put on the spit or whatever they that rod...and sliced off as needed as it slowly spins. If you ask, they'll tell you if its beef and lamb. Really you should try one....

I learned how to make egg noodles by hand from my MIL...no roller thingy, no cutting blades, hand rolled, and rolled, and rolled...then we'd cut and dry them on a wooden clothes rack...not at all hard to do...except stick with it, and get it rolled thin enough..Left to me we'd have had FAT egg noodles. LOL!!

Gym and Kroger were my 'big' time users today. Along with putting the kitchen light globe and the metal ring along the bottom..(which came off in the dishwasher...oops!) Then there was yet another light in my bedroom that burned out several days ago...this one was over the sink...

I have a big mess to clean up in the kitchen...no wallpaper stripping done...dishes need to go into the dishwasher, and two 'baskets' that hang on the wall and hold wooden spoons, and other 'kitchen' things...that has to come down...I have about 14 blue Mason Jars, commemorative ones from New Jersey for the 1976 bicentennial...I keep beans, special flours, etc in them,, and they really need to be run thru the dishwasher before I put them back..etc.
    Like I said...kitchen a mess. On my radar after dinner tonite.

I hope you went to Kroger today Ed, and that J's soda was still on the shelves...Kroger looked very bare when I got there about noon. Lots of empty shelves. I didn't hear the snow forecast, did you? LOL!! As a matter of fact our temps are in the 90's and running 6-8 degrees above 'normal'. Hope we get to the 80's soon.

I need to find some dinner

Later...

• parityanimal
    Speaking of dinner, Eduardo made this tonight. Pork Marsala.

0othdsvfic3q.png
  • parityanimal

I hope you went to Kroger today Ed, and that J's soda was still on the shelves...Kroger looked very bare when I got there about noon. Lots of empty shelves. I didn't hear the snow forecast, did you? LOL!! As a matter of fact our temps are in the 90's and running 6-8 degrees above 'normal'. Hope we get to the 80's soon.

Well, I went to Kroger, as I had to go to that parking lot anyway to get my emission check done, but their Pepsi rep had not brought in any more Dew. So J will have to make do (Dew?) with the 8 or so boxes I managed to snag over the sale week. LOL. I filled in on some trips with other Pepsi products that I will drink, such as diet Sierra Mist, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Diet Root Beer so I've been enjoying a lot more fizzy soft drinks than I normally drink, but that will get back down to my normal (very low) level soon.

The Pork Marsala turned out delicious, by the way, and I have enough pork chunks to do that again another night. I got that package of chunks, a package of 6 thick pork chops (divided into 6 freezer bags now), three small pork cube steaks, frozen for the moment but I'll probably chicken fry all of them at the same time, and a piece of top round that I made into the prior night's steak and potato hash, which you've already seen. All that came off the WooHoo (sell this quick) markdown section at Kroger the other day. I've still got some vacuum packed lamb in the freezer and now I have loads of pork added to some country style boneless ribs that were already there, and several chicken breasts and thighs, and 4 small 90/10 Angus burger patties. I think I'll be OK on meat for a while.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Here are some Home renovation Fails
    IW6AoI.jpg

Rzsr2M.jpg

e1AWsD.jpg

dhZlcD.jpg

3kWOqM.jpg
    Try and change the bulbs

8oA75b.jpg

Bb9Cn6.jpg
    Not a user friendly installation :smiley:

9OsrlR.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no cents found. The Temperature out the door was 66 degrees cooler than yesterday and comfortable. When I left the house it was dry outside.
    The Rain was on and off yesterday, heavy some of the time and finished by 4PM. Part of NJ and NY did have some flooding.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/09/17/ice-age-wolf-pup-caribou-fur-gold-miners-canada/1333156002/
    Mummified Ice Age wolf pup, caribou still covered with fur found by gold miners

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mobile-home-values-might-rise-as-fast-as-regular-homesheres-why-that-matters-2018-09-17
    Mobile-home values might rise as fast as regular homes — here’s why that matters

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-youll-pay-in-hidden-costs-when-you-own-a-home-2018-08-21
    This is how much you’ll pay in hidden costs when you own a home
    From insurance to home maintenance, hidden costs will take a bite out of your bank account
    Hidden costs don’t end when a homeowner decides to sell their home. A previous report from Zillow and Thumbtack found that home sellers will have to spend more than $15,000 in extra or “hidden” costs to off-load a median-priced home.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/729435/robots-artificial-intelligence-murder-black-market-cyborgs-gangs-terrorists
    Killer robot ASSASSINS to be sold on BLACK MARKET advertising 'untraceable murders'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7279450/locals-on-road-blighted-by-druggies-paint-dealer-parking-space-in-bid-to-shame-police-into-action/
    CLASS A EFFORT Locals on road blighted by druggies paint ‘dealer parking space’ in bid to shame police into action
    An anonymous group of artists made the signs, including a 'drug dealer parking' space in Tower Hamlets, East London

https://wtop.com/animals-pets/2018/09/cat-knocks-out-power-to-7500-in-new-orleans/
    Cat knocks out power to 7,500 in New Orleans

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 69 with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the cats and also get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. I think I have one little bit of folded towels left to put away because they go to the hall bathroom and it wasn't available at the time I was folding the towels so I haven't delivered that bit yet.

Might get out to Kroger to see if they have any more of J's favorite Mt. Dew since they had it 3 for $10 this week (through today) and I cleared the shelf yesterday. If they have put some more up, I'll get some more while it's at that price. The price just doesn't get better on that so I might as well stock up while it's on that sale if I can.

Oliver had fun knocking some old dead plant pots over this morning and then tried to pounce on my hand when I was cleaning it up. He's definitely ALL KITTEN.
    Hi Ed
    It looks like it will be dry for a few days with overnights in the 60s and daytime around 80.

As far as I know they still make Mountain Dew, in regular and diet versions. I'll have to remember to look next time I am where they sell soda.

I suspect that the shelf may be a bit bare due to distribution issues from Florence ?
    I am also pretty sure that the distributor doesn't deliver every day.

BTW can You get a Rain Check for the Mt. Dew if it is not in stock during the sale from Krogers ?
    Would you buy $140 dog food? I wouldn't.
    I know that no matter how beloved a pet dog is I would not pay that much.
    The art of handmade pasta.
    I have seen it made on many cooking shows, it actually is pretty easy.
    Italian mammas vs amateur cooks. A bit unfair since the mamas were giving instructions, in Italian, to people who didn't speak the language. I think they did quite well under the circumstances.
    You just need to understand sign language, Italians like to use their hands while talking.
    More pretentious ingredient tasting.
    Pass on Pretentious :smiley:
    RogerToo wrote: »

Nothing I would eat since I do not eat lamb nor seafood, Possibly I am deprived, OTOH There are enough tasty options to eat.

Same thing as above, I do not recall ever having a curry. I am somewhat interested in trying something from a Halal Eatery that also has a shelf of foods to sell since it is nearby. If You have had anything from a Halal eatery, keeping in mind I do not like Hot AKA spicy foods, any suggestions on what to try. I gather the meats for example are treated similarly to Kosher Meats.
    I'm sure the same technique used on the lamb would work nicely for beef.

Yes, the Halal meats are about the same as kosher, except without the blessing of a rabbi. I think Halal may not have the restriction against having dairy with meat, but I'm not sure.

You might like a Shwarma wrap or Gyro wrap if they have that sort of thing, and I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you which items are not spicy.

Maybe you could even try some lamb or goat that they have prepared, just to see if you like it!
    Thank You for the food suggestions :wink:
    I have heard that in some areas if there is no Halal butcher they will buy Kosher meats as the prep is very similar.
    Speaking of dinner, Eduardo made this tonight. Pork Marsala.
    Looks good to me and I am sure You used the real deal for the Marsala unlike my suspicions about many places.

Well, I went to Kroger, as I had to go to that parking lot anyway to get my emission check done, but their Pepsi rep had not brought in any more Dew. So J will have to make do (Dew?) with the 8 or so boxes I managed to snag over the sale week. LOL. I filled in on some trips with other Pepsi products that I will drink, such as diet Sierra Mist, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Diet Root Beer so I've been enjoying a lot more fizzy soft drinks than I normally drink, but that will get back down to my normal (very low) level soon.

The Pork Marsala turned out delicious, by the way, and I have enough pork chunks to do that again another night. I got that package of chunks, a package of 6 thick pork chops (divided into 6 freezer bags now), three small pork cube steaks, frozen for the moment but I'll probably chicken fry all of them at the same time, and a piece of top round that I made into the prior night's steak and potato hash, which you've already seen. All that came off the WooHoo (sell this quick) markdown section at Kroger the other day. I've still got some vacuum packed lamb in the freezer and now I have loads of pork added to some country style boneless ribs that were already there, and several chicken breasts and thighs, and 4 small 90/10 Angus burger patties. I think I'll be OK on meat for a while.
    Whenever he is in the ShopRite my brother looks at the discounted meats bin, Usually 30% to 60% off.

I have a bunch of Lunch meat ends that were cheap in the basement freezer, Two Roast Beef, Baked Ham slices and Turkey and something else. Not to mention from the refrigerated discount case 30% to 50% off by the registers some Chicken Tenders that I plan to pull, heat and add some Sweet baby Ray's BBQ sauce to see how that works.

The Boneless Country Style Ribs they sell here are meaty and delicious.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Oh how I loved Gyro wraps!!! Do try one Roger. They are not hot spicy. Or I should say I've never eaten one that was spicy. Expect to see lettuce, tomato, and sometimes cucumber along with the dressing, and the meat. IS GOOD!!!
    Also, many/most places use half beef and half lamb which ground then shaped and cooked before its put on the spit or whatever they that rod...and sliced off as needed as it slowly spins. If you ask, they'll tell you if its beef and lamb. Really you should try one....

I learned how to make egg noodles by hand from my MIL...no roller thingy, no cutting blades, hand rolled, and rolled, and rolled...then we'd cut and dry them on a wooden clothes rack...not at all hard to do...except stick with it, and get it rolled thin enough..Left to me we'd have had FAT egg noodles. LOL!!
    Hi Valerie
    I have always associated Gyros with Greek cuisine :smiley: The hardest part will be getting there while they are open likely. I noticed a sign showing that they already changed their hours, 1/2 hour less. The Fresh meat ends at 8PM and the prepared at 9:30 PM.

By chance did You roll the dough up and then slice the roll to get the Noodles ? I have seen that done with other pastas.
    Gym and Kroger were my 'big' time users today. Along with putting the kitchen light globe and the metal ring along the bottom..(which came off in the dishwasher...oops!) Then there was yet another light in my bedroom that burned out several days ago...this one was over the sink...

I have a big mess to clean up in the kitchen...no wallpaper stripping done...dishes need to go into the dishwasher, and two 'baskets' that hang on the wall and hold wooden spoons, and other 'kitchen' things...that has to come down...I have about 14 blue Mason Jars, commemorative ones from New Jersey for the 1976 bicentennial...I keep beans, special flours, etc in them,, and they really need to be run thru the dishwasher before I put them back..etc.
    Like I said...kitchen a mess. On my radar after dinner tonite.

I need to find some dinner

Later...
    last week I noticed that the Kitchen seemed a bit dark and sure enough one of the two bulbs burned out so as a replacement I used one of the LED bulbs my brother had bought on sale to see how it holds up. I do plan to keep using CFL bulbs as we have a fair amount of them in the cupboard.

That is a neat set of Mason Jars, I wish we had some.

You have a Radar :wink:

Snow forecast ?? Our temps look like they will be above average for the next few days at a minimum, OTOH as long as the overnights are good for walking so what. For us this time of year 80s is above average :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 71 with an expected high of 93 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to maybe wash whites and also need to get out to buy some kibble for the younger cats. Lilo and Oliver have plenty of their respective kibbles right now. I can pick up some more canned food for Oliver while out too, and if I time it right might even be able to pick up lunch for J if my memory is correct about Publix having Italian on the food bar on Wednesdays.

And I need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Emmy and a sprouted coconut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rXLEORHgk
  • parityanimal
    What is Mr. Wolfe eating now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un4a3L39Nv8
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    e0bi0B.jpg
    Now and then

xuNmeJ.jpg
    Great lamp post position

TvW6xE.jpg

ORyc61.jpg

NmjKS4.jpg

D97EP7.gif

ccXIbX.jpg

z9hY04.jpg

PxkCER.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 69 degrees and comfortable. When I left the house it was dry outside. On the return leg of my walk there was a light mist blown into me that has so far not turned into rain. Two and three blocks from the house going for my coffee I saw t one full size and one smaller Deer trotting down the cross street, Then in the next block three more, One small and two larger deer ran across the street going from one lawn to another lawn on the other side of the street. Likely after eating landscaping or gardens :(

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/18/googles-new-pollution-police-coming-to-patrol-a-ne/
    Google's new pollution police, coming to patrol near you

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6176151/No-evidence-having-high-levels-bad-cholesterol-causes-heart-disease.html
    'No evidence' having high levels of bad cholesterol causes heart disease, claim 17 physicians as they call on doctors to 'abandon' statins

Ironic :)
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/17/inside-edition-crew-gets-robbed-while-reporting-on-san-francisco-bay-area-crime.html
    'Inside Edition' crew gets robbed while reporting on San Francisco Bay Area crime

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-gates-super-successful-held-041636204.html
    Bill Gates: ‘My biggest fears about what's coming next for this world’
    When I ask which challenges to global health security he fears the most, Gates outlines three: antibiotic resistance, cuts to government funding to improve health in the world’s poorest countries, and the next unknown disease, referred to by the World Health Organisation simply as ‘Disease X’.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7287268/sesame-street-bert-ernie-gay-speculation-over/
    ???
    FLIRT & ERNIE? Bert and Ernie are gay says writer – but Sesame Street insist they’re just ‘non-sexual puppets’

https://www.gq.com/story/how-puerto-rico-became-tax-haven-for-super-rich
    How Puerto Rico Became the Newest Tax Haven for the Super Rich

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2018/09/17/raising-kids-with-religion-or-spirituality-may-protect-their-mental-health-study/#c6ae4ca32874
    Raising Kids With Religion Or Spirituality May Protect Their Mental Health: Study

If You were Wondering
    https://www.southernliving.com/news/wild-horses-outer-banks-hurricane-florence
    North Carolina’s Famous Wild Horses Emerge from Hurricane Florence Unscathed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7282109/spit-test-heart-attack-strokes/
    THESUN.CO.UK: A simple spit test could predict heart attacks and strokes thanks to scientists’ genes breakthrough

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 69 with an expected high of 92 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up and definitely need to get on that laundry of whites. Meeting a friend at IHoP for breakfast in a while.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Fast food restaurants that completely cheated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxrMC5qgGbc