Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Oh, also to Roger...
    Glad to see the millennials are good for something, even if its only to cut the divorce rate.
    We spent more on taxes than on clothes and food combined. No surprise there.
    And 8 million people are following my lead and expected to cut the cable cord this year...what took them so long?
    Hey, watch that ground hog...and we'll have our very own 'predictor' come Feb. 1st 2019!! :) Quite honestly even though the weather guessers laugh at the ground hog predictions, I think their more accurate that the guessers!

Hope you have a good walking day tomorrow!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    gMXOyb.png

iFpwBK.jpg

vuxhNX.jpg

H1dtKK.jpg

PfnvXQ.jpg

huxOTY.jpg

kq7ylo.jpg
    Bacon Eggs

xSdrUW.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 62 degrees and at the time I left for my walk the rain was coming down hard enough to make a Hissing sound. Three Blocks from home I saw something crossing and then walking up the road, upon getting closer I saw the Black Fur with the White Stripe down the back so I stayed clear. The Rain slowed down as I was walking and despite the Rain Gear It was not uncomfortable walking and since I wore the oldest set of walking gear that I keep for days like today.

No Mowing the lawn today, Maybe Tomorrow or Sunday.

https://apnews.com/92a74b2ac2f948bc9674265882689e1d/Crack-in-beam-shuts-down-San-Francisco's-new-$2B-terminal
    Crack in beam shuts down San Francisco's new $2B terminal
    https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article219036790.html
    Engineers search for cause in cracked beam at transit hub
    Earlier this year, San Francisco's transit agency disclosed that a contractor had installed about 3 miles (5 kilometers) of the wrong grade of rail for its new $1.6 billion subway spur.

Now that's Funny
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/09/26/smash-grab-thieves-marijuana-dispensary-oregano/
    Smash-And-Grab Thieves Hit Pot Shop But Only Got Away With Oregano

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/09/25/drinking-poison-turpentine-health-craze/
    Drinking Poison: Why Has Turpentine Become A Modern Health Craze?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/09/26/runny-nose-actually-leaking-brain/
    Health Watch: Man’s Runny Nose Was Actually Leaking Brain Fluid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/26/golfing-partners-hit-one-17-million-double-hole-one/
    Golfing partners hit 'one in 17 million' double hole in one

https://www.yahoo.com/news/austrian-fruit-grower-jailed-over-bee-deaths-144419498.html
    Austrian fruit grower sentenced over bee deaths

https://apnews.com/d23de7e64e40484b8c414fd336f70184
    Antibiotics for appendicitis? Surgery often not needed

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 74 with an expected high of 82 and 80% chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned. Cats have been fed, at least the canned portion of their food, and still await their kibble.

Need to get some laundry started. Dinner is already started. I think (barring intervention from Edweirdo...er, I mean Eduardo) I'm having beef and noodles with carrots. But we'll see. At any rate, the beef shanks and carrots are started in a slow cooker with some broth, spices, garlic and onion.
    Hi Ed
    So that would be a 30% discount as I see it. A lot of bone in that, I suspect that and the Bone Marrow will add a great flavor.

Today the temperatures look to be good and the rain will be ending in a little while, according to the weather forecast at some point during the morning rush. 100% chance of rain today :wink: I talked to a neighbor as I was on the block approaching the house, his comment was I wished the rain would stop, OTOH he did say we need it.
    Bread expert guesses cheap vs. expensive bread. There are bread experts? Who knew?
    I have not been able to find a really good bread anywhere that I have tried. I see it being delivered to the Grocery Store since it has no in store bakery and even that bread is made commercially and then flash frozen before it has proofed. I also see some of the local eateries getting a huge paper bag of baked breads. The Local Convenience Store, Quick Chek, used to at least bake the bread in-store. Now I see it being delivered Fully baked and frozen :(

I would love to find a bread Expert that could point me to a good location to buy bread.
    Kenyan barbecue. Restaurant vs. home made. You can get Kenyan barbecue in a restaurant? I'd love to try it.
    Until I watch the Video I have no way to tell if I would like it.
    How to survive wild animal attacks. Stay at home?
    Makes sense to me.
    And...tonight's beef and noodles with carrots. Enough leftovers for a couple more meals of course.
    That looks tasty to me, I'm sure You enjoyed it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ha, the noodles won out! (Saw your fb post.)
    And O called out on gymnastics...Jack called, but I was only 2 blocks from where I was going to eat, so I ate at my salad place and then came back home.
    I watched TV all day long. And 'Archie' wants the vote tomorrow. Nobody, nobody is going to be happy when this is over. Nobody. (Archie was the red head, I had to look it up, cuz I really thought it was Jughead!!! (Sentence read much better when I thought it was Jughead. LOL!)
    Its 8:24 and I'm going to bed.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I bet the noodles were cooked in the broth for additional flavor.

At least You got a meal out of that outing, sorry about the Gymnastics.

A Saturday vote, that is something I have never seen in NJ. Nobody will be happy due to the candidates ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good morning, I hope.
    So there! LOL! They are supposed to blacktop my street today...I say supposed...there is signage, but there was also rain...street still looks wet. Don't know if that matters or not.??? (just another of life's mysteries :) )

Yesterday was a rather upsetting day. For me and probably millions of other women. I haven't had the courage to look about when today the senate will hold their voting...Sad part is no one is going to be happy. nix the vote for now, let the FBI do its job, that's how it is supposed to work. I will say the Ford did a good job, appeared truthful, and didn't lose her cool. Not so much on K's side. He came in angry..all bluff and bluster. It was not what I would like to see sitting on the Supreme Court. He's a bit 'touchy' about those beers. Behavior was a lot like my ex, who couldn't stop drinking his beer. But what will come? Who the heck knows.

Cat's been fed. Crazy damn animal!!! LOL! I called and called...finally he got his lazy ole self off the roof and onto the back porch..so he's been fed. I've had my banana and cereal...I was late eating the cereal, so lunch will be quite late.

You know you've frequented an establishment maybe a bit too often when the evening manager greets you with a hug! She's really a sweet woman, and no I didn't mind a bit. Hadn't been to the gym, so my 'hug quota' was running a bit low!

I posed the wall cleaning question to Antonio...haven't heard back, hopefully he'll call or drop by sometime today or tonite. But, thanks for reminding me Roger.

Roger...I didn't read about the nose and brain fluid...I was eating breakfast. Have a pretty strong tummy, but I thought it best to not explore the issue. Did enjoy several of the other headlines. Bread connoisseurs. huh? wait a minute! And maybe move a bit out of your comfort zone Roger, and look for a Latino bakery...or probably even an Italian one. You'll most likely find your fresh, hand made loaves of bread. I don't as a general rule keep bread in the house...but last night was a dietary bust. I did find a package of onion pita bread loaves...split it around the seams, and smeared one half with peanut butter, and jelly on the other side..I really didn't taste the 'onion' and it was a weird sandwich, but it tasted good, and I enjoyed every bite.
    I don't understand why you mentioned a Saturday vote...what weird thing might I have said??

Ed, I enjoyed looking at your beef and noodles! Not something I would have eaten, even if I ate meat/beef. Its the bone marrow that makes me make ugly faces. I was a pretty good kid age eater, except I did not like, and seldom ate fat. Not the kind around a piece of steak, etc. That would get me in trouble with my Dad, who seemed to think that fat and bone marrow was Good For You...so see, I rejected 'good for you' at a fairly young age. And I might add that when Dad had a cow killed and cut up for our locker, and later freezer...they left a LOT of fat on those cuts of meat. People used to think leaving a good ¾ to 1 inch of fat on your steak was a good thing..ick. And since bone marrow is fat..didn't eat that either! LOL! But, in defense to the butchers, that really was considered a great piece of meat. It just proves my Dad grain fed that cow for a month or more to get that fat. again, ick!

Ed, Ted took me to Trader Joe's in Midtown a couple of weeks ago...he wanted me to try the veg. burrito, and get a frozen package of a bowl....it was made with cauliflower instead of rice or quinoa, and some veggies. See, Ted who knows how to cook, hasn't kept up with 'whats new and 'in'' in the food theater! Grating a head of cauliflower sounds just a messy as cutting fresh corn off the cob! Don't do that either..well maybe a time or so a year!

I'm going to post, and move the devices to the dining room to watch the noon news....be back...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! My 21st 39th birthday. 79 currently with an expected high of only 80 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Needless to say, I've been up for hours and hours but distracted. I have ONE shirt left in the dryer that is "freshening up" on the drying, hopefully some of the wrinkles will come out.

Still need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and get that one shirt hung.

Tomorrow is J's 6th 39th birthday. I feel sure we'll either get delivery tonight or eat out. I do want to see if I can find some individual slices of carrot cake at Kroger, and maybe some of chocolate too so we can have cake on both our birthdays.

However, there IS a pool party tomorrow so I'm pretty sure someone will bring some kind of cake to that anyway. Probably chocolate. J just doesn't tend to eat much at the pool parties, as it can be challenging to make sure of which items are vegetarian, and he's usually a bit stressed out by keeping track of the donations and guests, so I'm fairly sure we'll be stopping on the way home from that to get a real meal for him too.

Back to internet distractions and then a nap, after that shirt is ready.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    So that would be a 30% discount as I see it. A lot of bone in that, I suspect that and the Bone Marrow will add a great flavor.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Not all of the bone marrow rendered, since I was cooking meat and not just making enriched broth, but enough of the marrow rendered (about half maybe) to give me a really rich, tasty broth. While I had the meat and carrots out for shredding and dicing, I skimmed what looked like at least a cup and a half of rendered fat off the top, as I certainly didn't want to be eating all of that, but the entire process worked really well.
    Hi Valerie

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

And you'd win that bet too! After skimming the fat, and putting the shredded meat and chopped carrots back into the rich broth, I turned it up to HIGH and got it back to a good boil and then added the noodles right to the crock pot. I let them cook for a while, stirring occasionally, until done to my satisfaction, and then thickened the remaining broth just a little bit more with a small amount of corn starch slurry. Flavor was abundant, and I was careful not to get it too salty in the cooking process.
    Ed, I enjoyed looking at your beef and noodles! Not something I would have eaten, even if I ate meat/beef. Its the bone marrow that makes me make ugly faces. I was a pretty good kid age eater, except I did not like, and seldom ate fat. Not the kind around a piece of steak, etc. That would get me in trouble with my Dad, who seemed to think that fat and bone marrow was Good For You...so see, I rejected 'good for you' at a fairly young age. And I might add that when Dad had a cow killed and cut up for our locker, and later freezer...they left a LOT of fat on those cuts of meat. People used to think leaving a good ¾ to 1 inch of fat on your steak was a good thing..ick. And since bone marrow is fat..didn't eat that either! LOL! But, in defense to the butchers, that really was considered a great piece of meat. It just proves my Dad grain fed that cow for a month or more to get that fat. again, ick!

Ed, Ted took me to Trader Joe's in Midtown a couple of weeks ago...he wanted me to try the veg. burrito, and get a frozen package of a bowl....it was made with cauliflower instead of rice or quinoa, and some veggies. See, Ted who knows how to cook, hasn't kept up with 'whats new and 'in'' in the food theater! Grating a head of cauliflower sounds just a messy as cutting fresh corn off the cob! Don't do that either..well maybe a time or so a year!

I'm going to post, and move the devices to the dining room to watch the noon news....be back...

I don't per se "eat" bone marrow, but I do let it render into my broth, as much as it will, during the cooking process. See above regarding that and the fat. Needless to say, I not only skimmed fat, but all the fat remaining around the meat when I took it out got tossed out with the bones, and what marrow didn't render went as well, so the final product was fairly low fat, but very rich tasting. I have one meal of this left in the refrigerator now, as it made enough for three nice meals for me and I've eaten two of them, one last night, when I made it, and one for lunch today.

Ok. Let me see if I have any videos to post today...

• parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    What is Mr. Wolfe eating today? Gas station sandwiches. Hopefully not made from real gas stations...I have found in my younger, traveling days, that some of the gas station cuisine is actually pretty good, though there is certainly a plethora of deep fried food in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP5WqiKHErU
  • parityanimal
    The best vegan burger? Well, according to Mary anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZKA-Eabzk
  • parityanimal
    Stuart and Barry try what may be the world's smelliest food. I notice they are sitting OUTSIDE for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVTIwvJttg
  • GardenKatGardens
    After watching that smelly video....so very glad I don't eat meat or fish!!! Why would you do that to yourself??? YUCK!
  • GardenKatGardens
    WOW Ed...just saw the birthday dinner you posted on fb. Please, a review of what you ate, and how good it was! Looked amazing.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Deshi, the Bangladeshi Street Food restaurant is in Chamblee. Bangladeshi food is similar, but not quite the same, as Indian food.

The appetizer was the bread looking thing that was the second item in the picture (from the left) and is called Aloo Puri. Pillows of bread with a couple of sauces. The bread itself, as one might guess from the name, was coated in some kind of potato coating and then fried into the neat little pillows. One sauce was tamarind and the other was a pretty spicy cilantro chili sauce. I ate one and a half pillows.

My main meal was the Chicken 65, on the left of the picture. Oddly, it came with a ranch dipping sauce and a honey mustard dipping sauce (both "lite" versions) that I tossed as I didn't want them and they would just have added carbs. The chicken, onions, and peppers were delicious and not too spicy if you didn't eat the jalapeños. The Aloo Puri was quite nice too. Val, I think you'd have liked that, as long as you stayed away from the cilantro chili dipping sauce.

The third item was just the Basmati rice, which was NOT included with the entrees, but that was made quite clear on the menu, and the other items were not terribly expensive (nor was the rice) so this was not a problem for us.

The other two were Paneer Tikka Masala and Aloo Ghobi, both of which I did taste, and they were similar to the Indian versions but different enough to make it very interesting. Both were delicious.

The restaurant is something of a fusion restaurant and they have burgers on the menu too, including a veggie burger that J is interested in trying. We may have to travel the 9.4 miles down the road to eat there in person some night!

It was a great birthday dinner. And my last bottle of Nero D'Avila was delicious with it, and I finished it after, while watching Sweet Charity, starring Shirley MacLaine, which arrived today as well.

omyd1uon29ac.png
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Kids try foods from cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJzykYzDcI
  • RogerToo
    BlGWMc.jpg

ula5wC.jpg

SF9Arv.jpg

VdzbBY.jpg

NmniK1.jpg

IxQbUE.jpg

koK01g.jpg

hS0Lir.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 65 degrees at the time I left for my walk. I did see 2 Deer eating the playing field at a nearby school.

http://wday.com/news/4505115-early-halloween-decoration-prompts-911-call
    http://wday.com/news/4505115-early-halloween-decoration-prompts-911-call

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6213743/Designer-dog-expose-shows-pets-bred-ruthless-criminal-gangs.html
    Breeding 'Frankenstein' designer dogs is 'worldwide epidemic' says expert as breeders strive to produce 'weirder and weirder' pets with little regard for their health

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-f-35-fighters-fly-first-ever-combat-164551915.html
    US F-35 fighters fly first ever combat mission

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/scooting-under-the-influence-is-las-newest-crime/
    ‘Scooting’ under the influence is LA’s newest crime

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/seattle-bike-commuting-hits-10-year-low-census-data-show/
    Seattle bike commuting hits 10-year low, census data show

https://wjactv.com/news/local/after-man-holds-yard-sale-to-pay-for-own-funeral-strangers-step-in-to-help
    After man holds yard sale to pay for own funeral, strangers step in to help

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/27/amazon-whole-foods-training-video-union-busting-efforts-staff
    Amazon training videos coach Whole Foods staff on how to discourage unions

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning, I hope.
    So there! LOL! They are supposed to blacktop my street today...I say supposed...there is signage, but there was also rain...street still looks wet. Don't know if that matters or not.??? (just another of life's mysteries :) )

Yesterday was a rather upsetting day. For me and probably millions of other women. I haven't had the courage to look about when today the senate will hold their voting...Sad part is no one is going to be happy. nix the vote for now, let the FBI do its job, that's how it is supposed to work. I will say the Ford did a good job, appeared truthful, and didn't lose her cool. Not so much on K's side. He came in angry..all bluff and bluster. It was not what I would like to see sitting on the Supreme Court. He's a bit 'touchy' about those beers. Behavior was a lot like my ex, who couldn't stop drinking his beer. But what will come? Who the heck knows.

Cat's been fed. Crazy damn animal!!! LOL! I called and called...finally he got his lazy ole self off the roof and onto the back porch..so he's been fed. I've had my banana and cereal...I was late eating the cereal, so lunch will be quite late.
    Hi Valerie
    I seem to remember seeing them paving what looked like a wet road, the Blacktop is hot so...

Agreed, nobody will be happy. My complaint would be that they sat on that accusation for so long. I could never be a Politician since it is a dirty business.

FBI investigation ? I seem to recall that they had looked into it earlier and decided that there was nothing to investigate, Am I remembering wrongly ?
    You know you've frequented an establishment maybe a bit too often when the evening manager greets you with a hug! She's really a sweet woman, and no I didn't mind a bit. Hadn't been to the gym, so my 'hug quota' was running a bit low!

I posed the wall cleaning question to Antonio...haven't heard back, hopefully he'll call or drop by sometime today or tonite. But, thanks for reminding me Roger.

Roger...I didn't read about the nose and brain fluid...I was eating breakfast. Have a pretty strong tummy, but I thought it best to not explore the issue. Did enjoy several of the other headlines. Bread connoisseurs. huh? wait a minute! And maybe move a bit out of your comfort zone Roger, and look for a Latino bakery...or probably even an Italian one. You'll most likely find your fresh, hand made loaves of bread. I don't as a general rule keep bread in the house...but last night was a dietary bust. I did find a package of onion pita bread loaves...split it around the seams, and smeared one half with peanut butter, and jelly on the other side..I really didn't taste the 'onion' and it was a weird sandwich, but it tasted good, and I enjoyed every bite.
    I don't understand why you mentioned a Saturday vote...what weird thing might I have said??
    There is a Italian bakery and TBH the bread is nothing special that they bake there. The bread at the Italian Delis is commercially produced and not impressive, some of it looks really good until You slice into it and taste it.

I missed that this was posted Thursday, My Bad. What You said was I watched TV all day long. And 'Archie' wants the vote tomorrow. Nobody, nobody is going to be happy when this is over. Now I realize You were likely alluding to the confirmation hearings Friday vote.

I have never tried eating bone marrow OTOH I understand that cooking bones with it adds a rich flavor to a broth.

The best grades of beef are well marbled as I understand it. Well rendered fat can add a nice flavor to French Fries. That was one of the ingredients in the cooking shortening at McDonalds and was what helped them be some of the best commercial fries :smiley:

If I desired I can get Riced Vegetables of several types at the Grocery Store. One of these days I more or less want to try fried or Grilled Cauliflower Steak as I have seen that done on some of the cooking shows and it looked pretty good too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! My 21st 39th birthday. 79 currently with an expected high of only 80 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Needless to say, I've been up for hours and hours but distracted. I have ONE shirt left in the dryer that is "freshening up" on the drying, hopefully some of the wrinkles will come out.

Still need to clean yesterday's cat bowls and get that one shirt hung.

Tomorrow is J's 6th 39th birthday. I feel sure we'll either get delivery tonight or eat out. I do want to see if I can find some individual slices of carrot cake at Kroger, and maybe some of chocolate too so we can have cake on both our birthdays.

However, there IS a pool party tomorrow so I'm pretty sure someone will bring some kind of cake to that anyway. Probably chocolate. J just doesn't tend to eat much at the pool parties, as it can be challenging to make sure of which items are vegetarian, and he's usually a bit stressed out by keeping track of the donations and guests, so I'm fairly sure we'll be stopping on the way home from that to get a real meal for him too.

Back to internet distractions and then a nap, after that shirt is ready.
    Hi Ed
    J and Jack Benny and their 39th Birthdays :smiley:

I know I can get twin packs of carrot cake at the ShopRite grocery Store, Hopefully Your Kroger does too.

I guess I would not be too finicky about ingredients TBH.
    Hi Ed

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Not all of the bone marrow rendered, since I was cooking meat and not just making enriched broth, but enough of the marrow rendered (about half maybe) to give me a really rich, tasty broth. While I had the meat and carrots out for shredding and dicing, I skimmed what looked like at least a cup and a half of rendered fat off the top, as I certainly didn't want to be eating all of that, but the entire process worked really well.
    Hi Valerie

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

And you'd win that bet too! After skimming the fat, and putting the shredded meat and chopped carrots back into the rich broth, I turned it up to HIGH and got it back to a good boil and then added the noodles right to the crock pot. I let them cook for a while, stirring occasionally, until done to my satisfaction, and then thickened the remaining broth just a little bit more with a small amount of corn starch slurry. Flavor was abundant, and I was careful not to get it too salty in the cooking process.

I don't per se "eat" bone marrow, but I do let it render into my broth, as much as it will, during the cooking process. See above regarding that and the fat. Needless to say, I not only skimmed fat, but all the fat remaining around the meat when I took it out got tossed out with the bones, and what marrow didn't render went as well, so the final product was fairly low fat, but very rich tasting. I have one meal of this left in the refrigerator now, as it made enough for three nice meals for me and I've eaten two of them, one last night, when I made it, and one for lunch today.

Ok. Let me see if I have any videos to post today...
    I do not think my Econo Crock Pot gets hot enough to Boil water, I would likely use the Rice Cooker for that as I have noticed the water coming to a boil in it as it cooks the rice.

I have been known to skim Fat too, sometimes I just try mopping it off with a paper towel.
    What is Mr. Wolfe eating today? Gas station sandwiches. Hopefully not made from real gas stations...I have found in my younger, traveling days, that some of the gas station cuisine is actually pretty good, though there is certainly a plethora of deep fried food in the mix.
    I have eaten my share of food from that source, Not Gourmet or low calorie but edible.
    Stuart and Barry try what may be the world's smelliest food. I notice they are sitting OUTSIDE for this.
    Smelly Food, Pass.
    Deshi, the Bangladeshi Street Food restaurant is in Chamblee. Bangladeshi food is similar, but not quite the same, as Indian food.

The appetizer was the bread looking thing that was the second item in the picture (from the left) and is called Aloo Puri. Pillows of bread with a couple of sauces. The bread itself, as one might guess from the name, was coated in some kind of potato coating and then fried into the neat little pillows. One sauce was tamarind and the other was a pretty spicy cilantro chili sauce. I ate one and a half pillows.

My main meal was the Chicken 65, on the left of the picture. Oddly, it came with a ranch dipping sauce and a honey mustard dipping sauce (both "lite" versions) that I tossed as I didn't want them and they would just have added carbs. The chicken, onions, and peppers were delicious and not too spicy if you didn't eat the jalapeños. The Aloo Puri was quite nice too. Val, I think you'd have liked that, as long as you stayed away from the cilantro chili dipping sauce.

The third item was just the Basmati rice, which was NOT included with the entrees, but that was made quite clear on the menu, and the other items were not terribly expensive (nor was the rice) so this was not a problem for us.

The other two were Paneer Tikka Masala and Aloo Ghobi, both of which I did taste, and they were similar to the Indian versions but different enough to make it very interesting. Both were delicious.

The restaurant is something of a fusion restaurant and they have burgers on the menu too, including a veggie burger that J is interested in trying. We may have to travel the 9.4 miles down the road to eat there in person some night!

It was a great birthday dinner. And my last bottle of Nero D'Avila was delicious with it, and I finished it after, while watching Sweet Charity, starring Shirley MacLaine, which arrived today as well.[/img]
    I'm not surprised that it resembled Indian Foods. I did not get Potato from the name of the bread. I bet it was tasty too, Nixe and crispy. They also sell commercial Potato bread in this area, Several Brands too. The Kings Hawaiian Bread is tasty too.
    https://www.kingshawaiian.com/

Do You have any problems with that type of take out containers, I find that they tend to leak any liquids into the bag unless I am very careful. I had some Chili from a grocery Store called Bishop's, it was mostly ground beef with a few beans and a little liquid. I mention it since the Cardboard container did not leak even laying on its side despite me filling it to brim before putting the lid on.
    Kids try foods from cartoons.

BTW am I the only one here that skippped watching the hearing overload in the news Thursday and Friday ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger