Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's supposed to get pretty hot today, with 20% chance of rain. I might drive to see a friend today. We'll see.
    RogerToo wrote: »

A question if I may, My brother is complaining about the price of Canned Butter Beans, So I was wondering what they cost elsewhere if I am not imposing.

$0.69 for store brand (Kroger) Butter Beans,15.5 Oz.
    $1.29 for Bush's Best Large Butter Beans, 16 Oz.
    $1.49 (on sale from regular price $1.69) for Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Butter Beans,
    14.5 oz

I would say if there isn't an inexpensive store brand (or he refuses to buy it for some reason) that they are rather expensive.

Is this true or false I do not know, nice story OTOH.

The Phrase "Man's Best Friend" originated in a court of law.

Nice story but apparently not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man's_best_friend_(phrase)

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6GOsEMwhNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2NBmQYZKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsblzTTEttc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4bNnQMCf9I
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! (and it really is morning)
    I'm enjoying my cup of coffee, and a banana before getting dressed for grandson's LaCrosse game, and post game we're having a birthday lunch. Today instead of tomorrow when the actual day occurs. I have several loosely planned 'things' for tomorrow...free coffee at sb, and a free meal at Sweet Tomatoes....a long phone call with my old buddy M in Texas, my brother in MO, etc. Marietta sent a box...it will be opened during our conversation....I have NO idea what she's dreamed up! I did ask if if needed to be opened immediately, as she's in the past sent birthday cake in a half pint jar...fancy top, etc. Something she'd found on line. So...I really needed to know how 'stable' the contents of this box might be! LOL!!
    I bought an avocado yesterday so that I can start my day tomorrow with avocado toast! I'm not overly impressed with the millennials, but I do heartily agree with their avo toast!! :)

Chores...sometime today a load of light clothes and Tom's laundry. You know, when my boys were Tom E's age they did their own laundry....just sayin'.

Roger, grilled cheese yes, french toast no...I'm not a french toast fan. Though I did have a friend make a breakfast for me, it was french toast with rye bread. Sounded dreadful, but was actually delicious. Come to think of it he was from your area of the country! Is it a 'Jersey' thing??

Last night I read about a guy who dumped gasoline on quite a big 'garden' plot and ignited it...'to dry out the ground'. Not a good idea, as he found out!!!! Guess gardeners just need to learn patience.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, so Next page was Ed's post. Good Morning Ed. Hope you go see your friend...your visit will no doubt be welcomed.

Yeah, rather warm today. ( :) ). YES! I waited all winter for 'rather warm'. LOL!

Roger, buy your brother a bag of butter beans...he can have them for cheap that way! I've tried to use dried, without much success. Mine turned out to be mealy and/or split open. I was looking for nice big beans to pan fry with some greens and the usual seasoning of garlic and onion... I look at things like that and compare it to what I'd pay for a pound of hamburger or steak, and it helps put things in perspective.

I looked at 'man's best friend' link. My eyes went straight to Ren and Stimpy !!! Hadn't thought of those cartoons in ages!...Boys and I loved those shows!

Ok, Need to get gettin'... ;)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    duJp8z.jpg

SimVTw.jpg

1Xp62t.jpg

Mbi1b7.jpg

3YuspU.jpg

rpVZ3K.jpg

WzruqF.jpg
    Ready to play now

hEHwxf.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 58 Degrees. There is rain in the forecast for tonight into Monday morning

Fifty communal toilets where slaves and workers could chat go on display as Nero's palace opens to the public

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/evangelical-group-us-volunteers-detained-laos-62375595
    Holy Stairs, believed to have been climbed by Jesus prior to crucifixion, unveiled in Rome
    After over a year of restoration, the 28 marble steps were unveiled Thursday.

As it Should.
    https://apnews.com/98613f20d0254b8bacd908ef12107fef
    As cashless stores grow, so does the backlash

https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/nyc-tech-commissioner-left-atlanta-job-shortly-before-crippling-cyber-attack/
    NYC tech commissioner left Atlanta job shortly before crippling cyberattack

https://www.apnews.com/082ab3d8f16d4360bf9ade45c41925f8
    S. Korean babies born Dec. 31 become 2-year-olds next day

Could be or maybe not, You decide
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/the-no-1-reason-you-cant-stay-healthy/
    The No. 1 reason you can’t stay healthy

Hows that ? Actually interesting
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/florida-man-arrested-after-aggressively-eating-handfuls-of-pasta/
    Florida man arrested after aggressively eating handfuls of pasta

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's supposed to get pretty hot today, with 20% chance of rain. I might drive to see a friend today. We'll see.

A question if I may, My brother is complaining about the price of Canned Butter Beans, So I was wondering what they cost elsewhere if I am not imposing.
    $0.69 for store brand (Kroger) Butter Beans,15.5 Oz.
    $1.29 for Bush's Best Large Butter Beans, 16 Oz.
    $1.49 (on sale from regular price $1.69) for Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Butter Beans,
    14.5 oz

I would say if there isn't an inexpensive store brand (or he refuses to buy it for some reason) that they are rather expensive.

Is this true or false I do not know, nice story OTOH.

The Phrase "Man's Best Friend" originated in a court of law.
    Nice story but apparently not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man's_best_friend_(phrase)
    Hello Ed
    I will not say it was hot yesterday but when the Living Room hit 79 degrees I turned on the the Wall Mounted AC.

From what I just watched in the local weather forecast it appears that we have a 100% chance of rain for today and Monday. Then two days of no rain followed by two days indicating rain :(

I did not bother to check the veracity, I just went ahead and used it when My brother sent it to me.

He bought the cheapest Butter Beans he could find which was Goya brand. If he had found store brand I know those would have been his choice.
    How to Make Better Chicken Marsala
    As long as I can use Chicken Breasts and not legs and thighs. The Supermarket makes what they call Chicken Marsala using Chicken Breast Fillets, They use the same cut of chicken breaded in many different Hot foods in the hot food bar.
    How to Make the Best Backyard Barbecue Beans
    The preview shows what looks like Baked Beans and almost enough bacon.
    Biscuits & Gravy | How to Make Breakfast Sausage
    Since we do have the grinding attachment for the Kitchen Aid Mixer I suspect that we are equipped to do the Breakfast Sausage and Make Biscuits and Gravy :smiley:
    Tips & Tricks #1 - Poor Man's Filet Mignon
    Jack Scalfani shows you how to make a cheap steak taste delicious. The thing with a Filet Mignon is not only taste but how tender it is, Will this overcome a tough cut of meat ? Maybe if these steps work.
    steps for tenderizing
    -- coat entire top of steak with coarse salt.
    -- leave sitting out on counter for 1 hour per inch of meat
    -- completely wash off salt. Pat dry the meat with a paper towel

I don't have the patience or foresight to do the tenderizing steps ahead of time :(
    How to Make Restaurant-Worthy Skillet-Roasted Chicken in Lemon Sauce
    I do not know if what I have had a Lemon Chicken qualifies, Semantics maybe. However since I do not patronize fancy eateries and I did enjoy what I had from elsewhere was Tasty does it matter if they did not make it to the same specs ?

Thanks for the Videos
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! (and it really is morning)
    I'm enjoying my cup of coffee, and a banana before getting dressed for grandson's LaCrosse game, and post game we're having a birthday lunch. Today instead of tomorrow when the actual day occurs. I have several loosely planned 'things' for tomorrow...free coffee at sb, and a free meal at Sweet Tomatoes....a long phone call with my old buddy M in Texas, my brother in MO, etc. Marietta sent a box...it will be opened during our conversation....I have NO idea what she's dreamed up! I did ask if if needed to be opened immediately, as she's in the past sent birthday cake in a half pint jar...fancy top, etc. Something she'd found on line. So...I really needed to know how 'stable' the contents of this box might be! LOL!!
    I bought an avocado yesterday so that I can start my day tomorrow with avocado toast! I'm not overly impressed with the millennials, but I do heartily agree with their avo toast!! :)
    Hello Valerie
    In my opinion LaCrosse looks like a tough game, I hope Your Grandsons team won and that the Birthday lunch was great.

Free Coffee and a Free Meal, How did You manage that ?

I am underwhelmed by millennials for many reasons, one of which is the overdependent usage of a smartphone. Even when I was working I had desperate customers that needed to retrieve data from a dead smartphone, I couldn't help them. They had no backup for phone number or appointments for example. Maybe that isn't a problem these days if You trust backup to the cloud, I don't FWIW.
    Chores...sometime today a load of light clothes and Tom's laundry. You know, when my boys were Tom E's age they did their own laundry....just sayin'.

Roger, grilled cheese yes, french toast no...I'm not a french toast fan. Though I did have a friend make a breakfast for me, it was french toast with rye bread. Sounded dreadful, but was actually delicious. Come to think of it he was from your area of the country! Is it a 'Jersey' thing??

Last night I read about a guy who dumped gasoline on quite a big 'garden' plot and ignited it...'to dry out the ground'. Not a good idea, as he found out!!!! Guess gardeners just need to learn patience.

Later...
    Your cat has laundry ? Hmm...

In general French toast is either white bread, Challah Bread or a fancy bread, I never saw it with rye bread.

Not just gardeners that need to learn patience.

$50K to fix baseball infield set on fire with gasoline to dry out base path
    https://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Ciuccoli-Field-repairs-estimated-to-cost-50-000-13748862.php
    Ok, so Next page was Ed's post. Good Morning Ed. Hope you go see your friend...your visit will no doubt be welcomed.

Yeah, rather warm today. ( :) ). YES! I waited all winter for 'rather warm'. LOL!

Roger, buy your brother a bag of butter beans...he can have them for cheap that way! I've tried to use dried, without much success. Mine turned out to be mealy and/or split open. I was looking for nice big beans to pan fry with some greens and the usual seasoning of garlic and onion... I look at things like that and compare it to what I'd pay for a pound of hamburger or steak, and it helps put things in perspective.

I looked at 'man's best friend' link. My eyes went straight to Ren and Stimpy !!! Hadn't thought of those cartoons in ages!...Boys and I loved those shows!

Ok, Need to get gettin'... ;)

Later...
    I had thought of buying them dried, Since he buys Dried Peas for Split Pea Soup and Dried Beans for homemade baked beans I do not know if he passed on dried Butter Beans or that just did not occur to him.

I am putting both Your and Eds information in a email to him.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Missing Link from my links post

https://news.yahoo.com/fifty-communal-toilets-where-slaves-114152784.html
    Fifty communal toilets where slaves and workers could chat go on display as Nero's palace opens to the public
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! I had a nice visit yesterday with my friend, and his husband, and their black cat. Today is supposed to be a little cooler, but 90% chance of rain. I also got to Ingle's for most of my grocery items, and the last couple of items, non-critical, can wait, along with any new items, until a nicer day.

I had thought of buying them dried, Since he buys Dried Peas for Split Pea Soup and Dried Beans for homemade baked beans I do not know if he passed on dried Butter Beans or that just did not occur to him.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

He might look in frozen foods too. But, to be fair, the canned beans are the most "ready to eat" as they generally just need to be heated up, while dried, though probably the most economical, have to be soaked and then still cooked for up to an hour or more and even frozen usually need at least 30 to 40 minutes, or longer, depending on how soft you want them.

I always look at it as canned for convenience, which might (probably will) cost more, frozen (or fresh!) for freshest flavor, and for frozen you might pay less per ounce than for canned, and dried for the best cost savings, though a bit more trouble to prepare. Some dried beans re-hydrate amazingly well, tasting almost as fresh as frozen beans, and some, as Val mentioned, may come out a bit mealy or crumbly, though that may vary depending on the brand.

Of course I can't necessarily find EVERY kind of bean in EVERY form, and then there is limited freezer space to consider, so some, in my storage, may almost always be dried, while others may be usually canned.

I prefer fresh or frozen, but always keep canned on hand for spontaneous use, and a variety of dried beans and peas for when I have the time and planning sense to soak them for 8 to 24 hours.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agJhLaLKAG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2hvsQYCX0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jws82U8a0X0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2qvfbf6AKA

I have some issues with any comparison testing where the cook alters the item to be compared. For example, in one of these, she states that the recipe calls for a tablespoon of butter per egg but that she just doesn't want to use that much. Well if you don't actually follow the instructions, then you are not fairly comparing that recipe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwo_q3Vmdfg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    The sprinkles have just begun...now just hoping that the tornado's and fallen trees do no happen. But...I am awake, dressed, and ready for whatever. It was 70 degrees when I woke...way too warm for overnight in mid-April.
    So, Tom's been fed, and let outside, and just seconds before the light sprinkles let back in. I see my new neighbors just coming up the street with her 3 dogs, presumably from their morning walk.

Roger,...scoring a free lunch at Sweet Tomatoes came from joining the 'veg club' several years ago. This will be the first time I've actually used it :( And I have a sb reloadable c/c and they send me 'sales' and assorted emails...also I get a free drink or free food item for my bd. Going for a free hot tea...the Jade citrus I think it is. (I don't have to really remember what it actually is called cuz the sb kiosk at Kroger (where I worked prior to working at the gym0 they know which tea it is that I like!!! So their only question is 'What size Valerie" LOL!!

The extended forecast for today shows sunny sky just before sunset...something wrong when the only sun I'll see is as its dropping below the horizon!!!

I watched with interest, then skepticism, followed by letting in the cat, adding downy to the washer, and finally to 'is she Still scrambling More Eggs???'...good grief. LOL!

Next I will watch the kids eating Vegan Food. This should be funny...kids have very specific ideas about what food should look and taste like.

Roger hope your rain comes without storms today and into tomorrow. I don't think the gasoline to dry out the dirt that I read about was the same as the one you found and posted being done to a ball park field. On the other hand, it was late at night when I read my version...will watch yours shortly and maybe I'll know.
    The only bread I'd ever had French Toast made from was normal old white bread...but really, the rye bread Fr. Toast was very good! If you find some rye bread around the kitchen, maybe left over from brothers Ruben sandwiches you might want to give it a try. :)

That is, I think about 'it' for this morning. The little coffee in my cup is cold, and the laundry is ready to hit the dryer...so off to the kitchen to try the JUST EGG! Will sauteé a bit of green pepper and onion, and heat the dab of leftover greens to fill it. I may just sprinkle the vegan Parm cheese over the top. Sound good???
    I'll let you know later if it was good

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    LOL watched the kids eating vegan vs 'real' foods. I especially liked the ones who guessed wrong! and the comment at the end..."maybe its not that bad to be vegan" Right on, kid!!! LOL!!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi I'd forgotten that Google would make a special meme for me!
    And, the omelet stuck a couple places in my nonstick pan...totally my fault, but it is delicious! With Avocado slices and greens & beans! Oh, and a topping of microgreens. :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    PS...it was delicious!! tpggjv1jpdba.jpeg AAAANNNND

hqv06ev6au2h.jpeg

O.63 inches of rain, and still coming down, but not storming...Electric comes and goes, but is on now for about 15 minutes, so hopefully problem solved !!!
  • RogerToo
    4suxOC.png

qMTkFH.jpg

FND6za.jpg

xOyFPs.jpg

ZUlRI1.jpg

0aiwGq.jpg

i1ODHW.gif

2RLopE.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking thus not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 60 Degrees. There was rain overnight with really heavy rain for around 25 minutes.
    I did not go walking due to not sleeping at all overnight, Something I ate yesterday is causing a lot of stomach pain and that kept me from sleeping, not from lack of trying either. I will be going to try again in a little while. I hope that Breakfast helps and does not make the pain worse, Wish me Luck

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics-centenarian/making-a-splash-centenarian-runs-for-office-in-german-town-idUSKCN1RP06Q
    Making a splash: Centenarian runs for office in German town

I saw this on the news Saturday Night, a scary looking ride
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04/12/rider-records-train-turbulence-nj-transit/
    Must See Video On NJ Transit: ‘Oh My God, I’m Going To Be In Another New Jersey Train Crash’

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/us/no-religion-largest-group-first-time-usa-trnd/index.html
    here are now as many Americans who claim no religion as there are evangelicals and Catholics, a survey finds

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-12/weakening-earths-magnetic-field-has-greatly-accelerated
    The Weakening Of Earth's Magnetic Field Has Greatly Accelerated

Not Interested
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6916747/Scientists-say-brains-connect-computers-decades-form-internet-thoughts.html
    Scientists say our brains will connect to computers within decades to form an 'internet of thoughts' that will provide instant access to information

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/business/stratolaunch-worlds-largest-plane/index.html
    The world's largest plane just flew for the first time
    After years of development in the desert north of Los Angeles, a gigantic, six-engined mega jet with the wingspan of an American football field flew Saturday morning for the first time

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! I had a nice visit yesterday with my friend, and his husband, and their black cat. Today is supposed to be a little cooler, but 90% chance of rain. I also got to Ingle's for most of my grocery items, and the last couple of items, non-critical, can wait, along with any new items, until a nicer day.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

He might look in frozen foods too. But, to be fair, the canned beans are the most "ready to eat" as they generally just need to be heated up, while dried, though probably the most economical, have to be soaked and then still cooked for up to an hour or more and even frozen usually need at least 30 to 40 minutes, or longer, depending on how soft you want them.

I always look at it as canned for convenience, which might (probably will) cost more, frozen (or fresh!) for freshest flavor, and for frozen you might pay less per ounce than for canned, and dried for the best cost savings, though a bit more trouble to prepare. Some dried beans re-hydrate amazingly well, tasting almost as fresh as frozen beans, and some, as Val mentioned, may come out a bit mealy or crumbly, though that may vary depending on the brand.

Of course I can't necessarily find EVERY kind of bean in EVERY form, and then there is limited freezer space to consider, so some, in my storage, may almost always be dried, while others may be usually canned.

I prefer fresh or frozen, but always keep canned on hand for spontaneous use, and a variety of dried beans and peas for when I have the time and planning sense to soak them for 8 to 24 hours.
    Hi Ed
    It started raining around 9PM Sunday and is still raining although the rain is forecast to move out later this morning.

I think he has checked the freezer section and complained about the price of Baby Lima Beans from there. Succotash seems to be a disappearing item too. Changing tastes or trends in food, Maybe.

I prefer Frozen myself as long as I have freezer space. The basement freezer is not as empty as I would like it to be, A large Eggplant Parm, several Corned Beef and a Ham are tying up some of the space. I am actually hoping my NS frozen order does not come today as tired as I am.

I am of the opinion that Frozen and Canned foods are processed closer to when they were picked than Fresh ones in the Produce Section that had to be picked, packaged, shipped and distributed from warehouses to the stores.
    [/quote]
    Kids Try New Snickers Bars
    [/quote]
    They changed the Snickers Bar, heresy.
    Kids Try 100 Years of Instant Foods
    Interesting, I hope I have the energy to stay awake and watch it. BTW I do not consider some of the foods on the list as Instant.
    KIDS EAT VEGAN FOOD! (Vegan Shrimp, Chicken, Ice Cream)
    If You don't tell them the food is Vegan or if You tell them what they will be trying it could change the reactions IMO.
    Kids Try Their Parents' Wedding Cake
    I am not sure why but this sounds familiar unless it has been showing up on the side of the video where it could be played ?
    I have some issues with any comparison testing where the cook alters the item to be compared. For example, in one of these, she states that the recipe calls for a tablespoon of butter per egg but that she just doesn't want to use that much. Well if you don't actually follow the instructions, then you are not fairly comparing that recipe!

Chef Lena Tries 12 Of The Weirdest Scrambled Egg Recipes To Find The Perfect One
    I have to agree with You on this one, change it and the comparison goes out the window.

I took a quick scroll through this one and most of them did not look that good to me. For me a scrambled egg is egg and nothing but egg(s) cooked in a skillet with butter as the the oil for taste and salted when done to taste.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    The sprinkles have just begun...now just hoping that the tornado's and fallen trees do no happen. But...I am awake, dressed, and ready for whatever. It was 70 degrees when I woke...way too warm for overnight in mid-April.
    So, Tom's been fed, and let outside, and just seconds before the light sprinkles let back in. I see my new neighbors just coming up the street with her 3 dogs, presumably from their morning walk.

Roger,...scoring a free lunch at Sweet Tomatoes came from joining the 'veg club' several years ago. This will be the first time I've actually used it :( And I have a sb reloadable c/c and they send me 'sales' and assorted emails...also I get a free drink or free food item for my bd. Going for a free hot tea...the Jade citrus I think it is. (I don't have to really remember what it actually is called cuz the sb kiosk at Kroger (where I worked prior to working at the gym0 they know which tea it is that I like!!! So their only question is 'What size Valerie" LOL!!
    Hello Valerie
    It does look like they got some bad weather west of You, I hope the worst of it stays away from the Atalanta area.

Despite the heat being off and 60 degrees outside the inside is in the 70s, hmm, it may be a warm day inside the house. I just wrote two checks for $700 and change total to cover 3 months of the Medicare Supplement insurance and Medicare Part D :(

I see several people walking multiple dogs daily.

That makes sense, If I had a smart phone I could take advantage of offers from several places when You use their App. Of well, The ones that look most interesting are from Dunkin Donuts.

We have a friend that always orders the Thai Tea if we meet for lunch there.

I have heard of but never took advantage of free somethings at eateries on my Birthday.
    The extended forecast for today shows sunny sky just before sunset...something wrong when the only sun I'll see is as its dropping below the horizon!!!

I watched with interest, then skepticism, followed by letting in the cat, adding downy to the washer, and finally to 'is she Still scrambling More Eggs???'...good grief. LOL!

Next I will watch the kids eating Vegan Food. This should be funny...kids have very specific ideas about what food should look and taste like.

Roger hope your rain comes without storms today and into tomorrow. I don't think the gasoline to dry out the dirt that I read about was the same as the one you found and posted being done to a ball park field. On the other hand, it was late at night when I read my version...will watch yours shortly and maybe I'll know.
    The only bread I'd ever had French Toast made from was normal old white bread...but really, the rye bread Fr. Toast was very good! If you find some rye bread around the kitchen, maybe left over from brothers Ruben sandwiches you might want to give it a try. :)
    The extended forecast is that this rain ends then Thursday and Friday more rain, We seem to be stuck in a on and off rain weather pattern.

To many variations on scrambled eggs and then I should accept what another person thinks is the best recipe, Not happening.

When the heaviest rain was falling overnight I could hear Thunder is that good enough to be a storm ?

Part of the 50,000 to clean it up is due to environment issues. Or like the old saying goes, Haste makes waste. This person (???) damaged access for a lot of people.

In the last year or so my Brother has ceased buying bread in a loaf, for holidays he buys a few rolls instead, and he is the only person I know of uses slices of cheese as the bread for Peanut Butter and Tuna Salad, Have You ever heard of that ? I should talk, I like a Potato Sandwich on buttered bread :smiley:
    That is, I think about 'it' for this morning. The little coffee in my cup is cold, and the laundry is ready to hit the dryer...so off to the kitchen to try the JUST EGG! Will sauteé a bit of green pepper and onion, and heat the dab of leftover greens to fill it. I may just sprinkle the vegan Parm cheese over the top. Sound good???
    I'll let you know later if it was good

Later...
    The Coffee I reheated that was left over is getting cold in my reused Duncan Donuts Foam cup, Oh well, I think the Coffee may be helping me to wake up a little bit.
    LOL watched the kids eating vegan vs 'real' foods. I especially liked the ones who guessed wrong! and the comment at the end..."maybe its not that bad to be vegan" Right on, kid!!! LOL!!
    As I suspected don't tell them and they might like some of them. A I wrong that the biggest problem with Vegan Meats is texture ?
    Hi I'd forgotten that Google would make a special meme for me!
    And, the omelet stuck a couple places in my nonstick pan...totally my fault, but it is delicious! With Avocado slices and greens & beans! Oh, and a topping of microgreens. :)
    I never had any luck with cooking eggs even in a non stick skillet without a spritz of oil or a pat of butter. Those were beans in the greens, They looked like a Italian Olive to me :(
    PS...it was delicious!! tpggjv1jpdba.jpeg AAAANNNND

hqv06ev6au2h.jpeg

O.63 inches of rain, and still coming down, but not storming...Electric comes and goes, but is on now for about 15 minutes, so hopefully problem solved !!!
    Delicious enough to overcome the price ? I wonder how a omelet would work using the Faux eggs and cheese ? I we do use oil in the house it is generally Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a brand name from when it goes on sale naturally.

So far the power stayed on or the Microwave clock would have been wrong, it starts at 00:00 and goes from there after a power outage.

My understanding is that when the power acts like that it is due to rerouting around damaged areas unless there are to many to route around.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! A bit cooler today, but no precipitation in the forecast. I might get out to Kroger.

TBH I never really thougt about buying spiral sliced hams online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU97PKoRxLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2cRHUkaq6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAvlSpjsYzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTdh-KoI-tQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRs5ujnny4
  • RogerToo
    3PyWOs.jpg

5tx7O9.jpg

cJm5l3.jpg

09vWAE.jpg

61VgmI.jpg

ysdIxK.jpg

N1ZZPi.jpg

4o4zpM.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking thus not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 41 Degrees. I did not go walking due to only dozing overnight, I am still having some stomach pain and that kept me from sleeping, not from lack of trying either. I will be going to try again in a little while. Yesterday's Breakfast did not help nor did it seem to hurt.

Not sure I agree
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/8860464/men-beards-germs-dogs-bacteria/
    FEELING RUFF Men with beards carry more germs than dogs including deadly bacteria in facial fuzz, study claims
    Professor Andreas Gutzeit said the study showed hounds were 'clean compared with bearded men'

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201904151074134837-exodus-evidence-revealed/
    ‘Mind-Blowing’ Evidence of Moses’ Journey From Egypt to Saudi Arabia REVEALED

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger

Hello Valerie