Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Ok, I need some folks who have long memories, and/or kitchen sense/skills!

I watched the video on Bread and Butter Pickles. Here's the thing...those were the only pickles I've ever really liked. (I'm not a dill pickle fan at all) I don't remember having red peppers in Mom's, but there were onions. (could well be that red peppers weren't available in mid America in the 50's.... But, I thought she also made some of those pickles in the refrigerator, as 'Refrigerator Pickles" meaning no canning or hot water baths. Am I right OR am I having an incorrect memory moment???

You remember correctly. Refrigerator pickle recipes are all over the internet. I will link to one, but there are oodles more!

http://wholeandheavenlyoven.com/2018/08/13/overnight-refrigerator-bread-and-butter-pickles/
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Thanks Ed....nice to know I remember a thing or three!!
    They sound good. Will have to get some cukes when I go shopping next week.
    I also want to try my hand at some cucumber dill salad that I have found at Whole Foods. That, I do like. I think because its only cuke small dice, and dill. I don't taste any vinegar or sweet. Just a very crunchy fresh taste. So, I'd best be buying a hand basket of cucumbers!!!

Hope you have a great, quiet?, weekend! And has that Ice Cream place opened over by Salata's? Curious about that ice cream!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Thanks Ed....nice to know I remember a thing or three!!
    They sound good. Will have to get some cukes when I go shopping next week.
    I also want to try my hand at some cucumber dill salad that I have found at Whole Foods. That, I do like. I think because its only cuke small dice, and dill. I don't taste any vinegar or sweet. Just a very crunchy fresh taste. So, I'd best be buying a hand basket of cucumbers!!!

Hope you have a great, quiet?, weekend! And has that Ice Cream place opened over by Salata's? Curious about that ice cream!

Later...

Make sure you store that hand basket safely away so you don't end up going anywhere in it!

According to the website, the ice cream place is still "coming soon" so I guess it won't be open for this weekend's GRAND OPENING of our Town Center. I must remember to NOT be in that area this weekend.
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. Should be a nice day here. J is off to motorcycle driving school so I am home with the felines. I don't have a lot on the agenda. I packed up some snacks in lieu of the lunch that J was told to bring. He has the class again tomorrow.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_xIazaGNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f2zRRsRnOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWWzBiZX1OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N5Fk7xbeH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCzXdv9AOKM

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    yniOPC.jpg

Qr4OQV.jpg

9fxz1V.jpg

9OJXik.jpg

4td1kC.jpg

56hTC4.jpg

92cXx4.jpg

8FU1bq.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Just in case so that I do not drop out of sight in the future. If anyone wants to send their email or Mailing address so my brother can let everybody know put them in a PM so that email address bots can not get them.

I have an appointment for 10:30 Tuesday morning for a outpatient test which means I need to be out of the house around 8:30 for the drive to the hospital and a 1.5 hour ahead of time fill out the paperwork etc. which is what they want so Tuesday morning I may not be on or if I am not for long.

https://www.studyfinds.org/study-checking-email-less-often-more-productive-workday-managers/
    Study: Checking Email Less Often Leads To More Productive Workday, Especially For Managers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-04-26/lettuce-farming-robots-might-grow-your-next-salad
    Lettuce-Farming Robots Might Grow Your Next Salad

https://www.cnet.com/news/universe-is-expanding-faster-than-we-thought-and-no-one-knows-why/
    The universe is expanding faster than we thought, and no one knows why
    Explaining a discrepancy between what was happening 13 billion years ago and now may require new physics.

https://wtop.com/food-restaurant/2019/04/back-to-the-future-sweetgreen-to-accept-cash-again/
    Back to the future: Sweetgreen to accept cash again

https://wtop.com/food-restaurant/2019/04/kit-kat-announces-first-new-flavor-in-nearly-a-decade/
    Kit Kat announces first new flavor in nearly a decade

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Sorta overcast, and windy! But 63 degrees says my weather station. Not too bad, eh?

Oh, I don't think Ed or myself expected daily updates from you, but maybe, maybe you could have brother put our phone number, (either, or both) in his contacts and send a quick text? or an email to one of us?? No, your right, while you're in the hospital is no time trying to teach someone how to log into NS or any other board.
    I think I can speak for both Ed and myself when I say we're more than happy to have you back again...go slowly and at your own pace. You will be walking again probably sooner than you expect...not your entire route for awhile, baby steps and all that ya know!!!
    Hello Valerie
    I turned the heat on this morning between the cold and windy conditions outside the living room was below my comfort zone at 65 degrees :(

When I say my brother texting would not happen, He had Verizon disable texting on his phone :wink:
    Since I do not have Your phone numbers that would be a second reason. In my usually daily status report I suggested a email or street address. Email would be quicker, as I said do not post email addresses, street addresses or phone numbers as there bots running that look for those in posts and doing that would be spam magnet.

Walking, I hope so, if I said I am not bouncing back as fast I had expected....
    Ed...what's on your agenda today? I don't know about your end of the county, but I only got about 0.05 inches of rain, and it all seemed to happen around 9p.m....however the evening news seemed to indicate that other parts of the county got storms and rain more like 6p.m. Big county...sometimes means really odd weather here and there!
    Do you still plant micro greens? I'm thinking of having a go at it...open for opinion and/or advice!

I'm off to the gym...it will be day 5, and then I'll do back to back strength training here at home Saturday/Sunday. Keeps my watch happy! LOL! Keeps me happy too. More energy, etc.

Ok,...I'm off and running! (in my mind only)

Later...
    We had a fair amount of off and on rain yesterday heavy once during a thunderstorm.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! I've been up for hours, but distracted playing with (and activating) our new phones. We now each have a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, UNLOCKED, so we got no discount on the purchase price.

We were able to basically swap SIM cards into the new phones, copy everything over, including screen layout, all the applications, and most settings, which made the transition very easy. It seems to get easier each time we upgrade. We did have to adjust settings within some of the applications, and I am sure I still have some tweaking to do there.

We chose to pay full price for unlocked phones as we did not want to negotiate a new 2 year contract with Verizon. We are currently on month to month and we are planning to switch from Verizon to Google Fi, as soon as the Google Fi SIM cards arrive. This particular phone is not available from Google, but will work with the service, and it is the phone model J wanted.

We didn't get any rain yesterday and none is expected today.
    Hello Ed
    That does sound like a easy upgrade. Unlocked works for me, why be locked in to Verizon, they are not really your friend.

Google Fi ? is that WiFi Cell phone service and only via WiFi ?
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. Should be a nice day here. J is off to motorcycle driving school so I am home with the felines. I don't have a lot on the agenda. I packed up some snacks in lieu of the lunch that J was told to bring. He has the class again tomorrow.
    If snacks are all he needs why not.
    Homemade Condiments Better Than Your Favorite Store-Bought Version
    They likely are tastier since You can tweak the taste to your own preferences, And they are likley healthier. I likley will not bother since I only use a little ketchup and Mayo and no mustard.
    Try Not To Eat Challenge - Disney Food #2 | People Vs. Food
    Disney Food ??? I am going to view this now and see what they mean. OK I see now.
    Adults Try To Guess 5 Foreign Foods
    They do not seem to have had a lot of success guessing.
    Adults Try 2019 VIP Coachella Foods
    I could be wrong but when I hear VIP Coachella foods I think of overpriced and pretentious foods :smile:
    Irish People Try Girl Scout Cookies For The First Time
    What is not to like with Girl Scout Cookies except that once You start eating stopping is nearly impossible before the box is empty.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi!
    Off to the gym, then off to Nate's last 'regular' LaCrosse game, (playoffs start tomorrow), and after stick and basket taking Jack and family to late lunch for his last Thursday Birthday! I think by the time I get home, I'll be outta steam.
    Quickly, I'm the illiterate in the bunch...how does one PM in this group? I'll hopefully figure it out..stay tuned!!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    WELL this day became confusion...
    The opposing team cancelled the game at the last minute.. So, Ted and I talked about what time we should leave here, maybe pick up Nate from practice...that didn't work, because of a movie he wanted to see with his buddies, and then Jack and Ted discussed the afternoon...next thing I knew doorbell announced Ted..half hour early..etc, etc. We ended up having a good time, watched a hockey game, (our fav team St. Louis lost) but it was a good game...etc, etc, etc. Jack had asked me to bring the flat antenna that I've been using for several years now, and we watched the game outside using my antenna....so now Jack knows now that it will work at his house..in fact I think he picks up more stations than I do. Who knew?

So, home again, listening to a pod cast and then I'm sleeping. Fortunately I did get to the gym early this morning!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    w3vDds.jpg
    Play the Ball where it lies or take a penalty?

SWmfBM.jpg

iT7IMt.jpg
    I am not paying for those tires

gN5uS4.jpg

2BQODn.jpg
    Spork :smiley:

5SuNRx.jpg

idGAZx.jpg

6Ujic6.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Some rain in the forecast for later today and chances of rain throughout the week along with cool temperatures.

I found a nickel in the mailbox yesterday, It was attached to a mailing from the sierra club trying to get me to join. I seem to have ended up on all kinds of wildlife organizations mailing lists :(

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/20/the-worst-jobs-in-america/39364439/
    What are the worst jobs in America? These have stress, low pay and lack of job security

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/04/20/springtown-mr-jims-shuts-down-employees-put-miralax-on-pizza/
    North Texas Mr. Jim’s Restaurant Temporarily Shuts Down After Employees Allegedly Put Miralax On Pizza

https://www.apnews.com/bc0080f3cf4f4eae9f886ec7dfcd5235
    Coming to store shelves: cameras that guess your age and sex

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/04/22/some-americans-dont-use-the-internet-who-are-they/
    10% of Americans don’t use the internet. Who are they?

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! J is off to motorcycle training again, but today I sent more water with him, including a couple of smaller bottles that he might be able to get under the faucet there to refill, and I was in Walgreen's at about 5:30 this morning buying 100 SPF sun screen. The exposed parts of his face and neck got burned quite enough yesterday. He applied it before leaving the house and plans to re-apply it at lunch break.

Cats are patiently (ha!) waiting for food but it's not 9:00 yet.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByRlwZMEj_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiTmN3NyV0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjYA4aZDjHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdEOcecrG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHghcK1zHc
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Off to the gym, then off to Nate's last 'regular' LaCrosse game, (playoffs start tomorrow), and after stick and basket taking Jack and family to late lunch for his last Thursday Birthday! I think by the time I get home, I'll be outta steam.
    Quickly, I'm the illiterate in the bunch...how does one PM in this group? I'll hopefully figure it out..stay tuned!!

Later...
    Hello Valerie
    As far as I know You need to go to the home page and then You click the image that looks like a envelope. I did get on from Ed so that's covered since I am sure he would share.

Right now I seem to run out of steam quickly so I am recovering from the mornings shower before tackling the Laundry. I may put that off until Tuesday or Wednesday as the need is not critical.
    WELL this day became confusion...
    The opposing team cancelled the game at the last minute.. So, Ted and I talked about what time we should leave here, maybe pick up Nate from practice...that didn't work, because of a movie he wanted to see with his buddies, and then Jack and Ted discussed the afternoon...next thing I knew doorbell announced Ted..half hour early..etc, etc. We ended up having a good time, watched a hockey game, (our fav team St. Louis lost) but it was a good game...etc, etc, etc. Jack had asked me to bring the flat antenna that I've been using for several years now, and we watched the game outside using my antenna....so now Jack knows now that it will work at his house..in fact I think he picks up more stations than I do. Who knew?

So, home again, listening to a pod cast and then I'm sleeping. Fortunately I did get to the gym early this morning!

Later...
    I wonder why the cancel, injury, Illness or ???

Where I am the flat amplified antenna picks up two whole stations out a 20+. Add in the Subchannels... I am giving serious thought to getting an antenna and dumping cable, as I see it the ROI period would be short. FWIW ROI is return on investment :wink:

Believe it or not even the walls of a house can attenuate the signal and with digital it doesn't get some snow in the picture, it is either there or not.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello Ed
    No Sugar, No Dairy, No Wheat ? How good can they taste. Also IMO the sweet Potatoes are a from of natural sugar, I wonder if You need to use the white ones to avoid the orange color?
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! J is off to motorcycle training again, but today I sent more water with him, including a couple of smaller bottles that he might be able to get under the faucet there to refill, and I was in Walgreen's at about 5:30 this morning buying 100 SPF sun screen. The exposed parts of his face and neck got burned quite enough yesterday. He applied it before leaving the house and plans to re-apply it at lunch break.

Cats are patiently (ha!) waiting for food but it's not 9:00 yet
    The training is needed to get a motorcycle license or is it like here where You only need to pass the test ? The location has no water fountains ?

100SPF sounds like industrial strength, does he burn easy ?

Cats waiting patiently ? Ha.
    Spring Green Veg Pie | The Happy Pear
    When I took a quick glance at the preview I thought it was a faux lasagna. Then I looked closer :smiley:
    Kids Try 100 Years of Party Food
    Probably not to bad since they have stood the test of time. FWIW We stuffed our dates with nuts and sprinkled powdered sugar on them, Yummy. Who doesn't love Cheetos ? The girl walking off with the bowl of Cheetos, Priceless. Swedish Meatballs :smiley:
    Irish People Try South Korean Snacks
    Interesting, Likely overpriced and not available in many areas ?
    I Try Making The Vegan Banana Peel Pulled Pork Sandwich
    Banana Peel ? Something I never eat and only discard :wink:
    What do You do with the rest of the Banana, Banana Bread ? Banana Cream Pie or ?
    Kids Try Hospital Food From Around The World
    The USA hospital food looked like one of the meals I ordered once I was allowed real food :wink: FWIW the Mashed Potatoes seemed to be real potatoes mashed and not instant.
    The Other hospital foods were OK.

Thank You for the Video Links
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, first...Good Morning!!
    Roger and Ed have posted...I've wasted an hour or more here at my computer...and what do I have to show? Well, I backed up to my external storage, I printed out the parody on the Police's 'I'll be watching you'....in the form of a snoopy dog! That cracked me up...printed it off to hang on a kitchen cabinet where I tend to dream up 'junk' I shouldn't be eating....and I tackled my chubby little packets of email...and, and, and...
    Oh, also listening to a food summit. Finishing up what I missed yesterday before today's discussions begin. Today is 3 of my fav. food MD's.
    I'm betting the brownies from Ed's post will be really moist and tasty. Sounds like several decades ago when the industry went 'fat free'...I made brownies with prunes, or applesauce, etc. I also have printed out a McDougall recipe for 3 Lentil Soup. Sneaky feeling this too will be delicious in a savory way.

Apparently nobody really knows why the opposing LaCrosse team cancelled...the playoffs begin today. Its a half hour drive, and I told Nate yesterday that Grams would be missing but thinking of him during the game. He was very OK with that.

Should be nice here today...trying to decide if I am going to the gym today. My lazy half, says NAaaaa you've been 6 times this week...the challenged part of me says get it on..hit the gym, pick up some bananas, on the way home. Decisions Decisions.....

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh...also this morning I sent (I think) a PM to you Roger...for your brother...that was before I read that Ed had already done that. Yes, I trust that Ed would share any info that I might need about our NJ buddy!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Home from the gym, and dinner has been eaten. (black beans, seasoned cauliflower, a lot of steamed kale and the other half of the sweet potato that I nuked this morning.
    So, today is day 7 of meeting my goals for 30 minues exercise, 12 times I stood and walked around during my day..actually I went over the expected 12 and have been active 14 times. :), and according to Apple Watch I have burned over 400 calories today from exercise etc.

Apple's week run Monday-Sunday.??? whatever..its done 7 days, and I get an award pin...all online, nothing you can hold in your hand.

Hope Jason's motorcycle training went well. Our friend 'Kat'..(not me) she was in the Early Risers years ago..from Germany..(husband was stationed there). Anyhow, Kat took a course to learn the rules and handling of a motorcycle a few years back. I think at the end of the two day's learning they were given a test, and certification.

Too bad that most states don't have a safety program for kids and auto's. They did, when my boys were getting their licenses...it was a High School class. Most schools have discontinued Drivers Ed. My boys also got a large dose of Mother Driven lessons!!

Ok, see you in the morning!

• RogerToo
    OgNQSG.jpg

XgH3Yc.jpg
    So True

vPkCRs.png

y3bD5t.jpg

LZMttW.jpg

GfI6rt.jpg

3Nhbqz.jpg

zKN56P.jpg